PDA

View Full Version : Bought everything on steam but can't get the DLC to download

RyueOkami
August 4th, 2019, 07:47
Hi
I bought FG on steam and also the PF2E DLC. Now though when I try to download the update on steam it doesn't work.

* I linked the account here with the steam account as described and put in the account information also on steam.
* When I try to update (v 3.1.5) it first says when getting packages from FG server: No packages found check your license key settings
* Then it downloads PF2E
* Then when getting manifest for steam package: ERROR - GetSteamManifest: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found REtrying in 10 seconds.

I waited for over half a day now to no avail.

aribethdm
August 4th, 2019, 08:28
post a ticket to steam support

damned
August 4th, 2019, 08:37
Hi RyueOkami

You need to do as the error says and check your license key settings.
Did you get Standard or Standard +Ultimate?
You enter either the Standard key or the Ultimate upgrade key.

Please try updating after checking the key is correctly entered.

RyueOkami
August 4th, 2019, 08:40
Hi RyueOkami

You need to do as the error says and check your license key settings.
Did you get Standard or Standard +Ultimate?
You enter either the Standard key or the Ultimate upgrade key.

Please try updating after checking the key is correctly entered.

I "only" bought the standard key.
Where do I need to put it in / check it (or see the correct one)? (when I start FG on steam I see a product key which is very different from the licence key I see in settings (both were defaultwise there and were not changed by me).

Zacchaeus
August 4th, 2019, 10:53
You go into settings and put your license key into the top box only - leave the second box blank. You'll also need to enter your username and password by clicking the manage button. Also the current version of FG is v3.3.7 so not sure why you are seeing 3.1.7.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:16
I'm guessing there's an old version of Fantasy Grounds installed. If you haven't got FG working yet, and running version v3.3.7, I'd recommend uninstalling what you have installed alread and downloading the FG installer from the home page of this website. The application is the same as Steam, so don't worry about that.

Then, as has been mentioned, make sure you enter your license key and your FG username and password before running an update. See the steps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Tutorial

RyueOkami
August 4th, 2019, 18:32
I'm guessing there's an old version of Fantasy Grounds installed. If you haven't got FG working yet, and running version v3.3.7, I'd recommend uninstalling what you have installed alread and downloading the FG installer from the home page of this website. The application is the same as Steam, so don't worry about that.

Then, as has been mentioned, make sure you enter your license key and your FG username and password before running an update. See the steps here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Tutorial

Will try that then. As for steam itself. Whenever I download FG from it its automatically version 3.1.4 I get.

Andraax
August 4th, 2019, 18:37
Will try that then. As for steam itself. Whenever I download FG from it its automatically version 3.1.4 I get.

After you run the update?

RyueOkami
August 4th, 2019, 18:45
After you run the update?
That is when I download it from steam oit has that version.

So what now worked is the following:
-Downloaded it from the website and did when I started the website downloaded verison I did NOT put in what steam said the licence key was, but instead the CD key.
That worked. (settings get transferred autoamtically between steam and non steam version btw).
-Downloaded it on steam again and used the same settings and....worked now.

If I had to guess it looks like a combination of the CD key being the licence key instead of what is automatically put in there on steam AND the version that is downloaded on steam.

Andraax
August 4th, 2019, 22:11
You just download a recent version. Performing an "update" should install the latest version automatically.