PDA

View Full Version : Wrong name shown when active speaker

El Condoro
August 3rd, 2019, 11:31
I have been away from this forum for a while so sorry if this has been covered.

I have an NPC (on the CT or not) that I want to active in chat. Let's call it Monster (ID) and Friend (Non-ID). I set the NPC to be 'Item Not Identified' and the Non-ID name 'Monster' shows on the token hover-over on the player screen. However, if I set the NPC to be active in chat, the player chat screen shows GM 'Monster' instead of GM 'Friend' as I expected it to. Is there a trick to this?

Zacchaeus
August 3rd, 2019, 17:39
I'm not seeing this. Are you using any extensions? Can you try in a new campaign without extensions.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 17:43
I believe the OP is mentioning the "speaker" for text chat, not the actor for actions.

It looks like this is not implemented (i.e doesn't use the ID system) from the quick testing I did.

As a workaround, if you want to "speak" as a certain name (identity), use the \identity (I think \id will work for short) chat command to set up an identity below the chat window that you can click to begin using. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Commands

Zacchaeus
August 3rd, 2019, 21:20
I'm on the test server so it may now be implemented. Or am I not understanding what's required?

El Condoro
August 4th, 2019, 00:02
I'm sure I'm not using the correct nomenclature but Trenloe is correct - it doesn't matter if the NPC is set to ID or Non_ID on its stat sheet, if I use the chat icon in the top-right of its stat sheet it shows the ID-ed name of the NPC in the player's chat window. I tried this with no extensions on 3.3.7. The PCs are in the same internal network with the player subscription connecting to ultimate subscription, not that that matters.

Thanks for the tip on /identity - that works.

El Condoro
August 4th, 2019, 00:04
@Zacchaeus Yes, that's what I am looking for. Cheers

Moon Wizard
August 5th, 2019, 03:34
This is working as expected. When clicking the speak icon on the NPC sheet, it adds either the ID or non-ID name to the speakers list (based on ID state); and sets that speaker as active. I checked in both CoreRPG and 5E rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

El Condoro
August 5th, 2019, 08:42
OK, great. Just need to wait for 3.3.8 to drop. Cheers