PDA

View Full Version : Animal Companions

nic227
August 2nd, 2019, 22:41
I never played original pathfinder let alone on fantasy grounds.

When i have have people playing a class with a pet in dnd5e i usally make a pc with the stats of the creature they have and its under their control.

In pf2 i found that the the character sheet is locked up so i'm unable to manually change the stats. so i went into the db.xml file and started editing and discovered that the <abilities> are dictated by the <chargentracker>.

So should i just scrap this idea and make a npc entry to use as the animal companion or just keep on going.

stephan_
August 2nd, 2019, 22:54
You still might be able to edit abilites by either

hovering with the mouse over the score field + holding control + scrolling

or simply using the misc column.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 16:17
Or you can also use NPC records for animal companions...

nic227
August 3rd, 2019, 21:18
Thank you kind stranger the ctrl+scroll is wonderful.

Fistan77
August 28th, 2019, 23:36
I am now having to do this for my player's companions/familiars. Thank you for asking.

Manta78
August 30th, 2019, 13:40
I ran into this yesterday. I made a character sheet for a familiar and a frequently summoned creature for my players but it was, well, quirky. I couldn't get the a abilities and attacks to transfer over from the creature entry.

I didn't know about the control / scroll so will have to try that, but what does he mean when he said to use NPC records as animal companions ? How does a player control that record / use it?

Thanks in advance all !

nic227
August 30th, 2019, 18:02
If you want to use the companion as a npc then you could drag it into the combat tracker and set its as a friendly.

Anyways using them as characters i created a quick mod of my work. Import the pregen then add the animal companion class.

Enjoy.

Edit: re-uploaded with legalese

Manta78
August 31st, 2019, 14:42
Nic,

Thanks so much ! Will have a look appreciate the mod

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 21:19
If you want to use the companion as a npc then you could drag it into the combat tracker and set its as a friendly.

Anyways using them as characters i created a quick mod of my work. Import the pregen then add the animal companion class.

Enjoy.
Thanks for uploading this for the use of the community. As this contains information from the Paizo Core Rules, please include a story entry with the open gaming license (OGL) as detailed in the back of the Core Rules. See other community modules (which should have the OGL) for examples.

nic227
September 4th, 2019, 13:23
Anything for this community, i see a ton of potential in the pathfinder 2.0 rule system and will do my little part.

Fistan77
September 23rd, 2019, 19:05
I haven't crawled through the status updates, but would it be possible to add a tab to the character sheet for animal companions and familiars?

Saeval
September 26th, 2019, 12:03
So far it's not possible (as far as I know) but what I do is I build them as npc's then I created a note with the name as a link for each one and maybe some extra info written for them. Just make sure you share the npc sheets and make the note public so the players can access it.

Zaister
April 18th, 2020, 23:45

Enjoy.

I'm trying your module but I'm stumped, how do I import the pregens? Can you help?

Pyaray76
March 16th, 2021, 12:49
Thank you helped a lot...

MorgyD94
June 30th, 2021, 12:48
Is this for 1E or 2E?

Trenloe
June 30th, 2021, 12:57
Is this for 1E or 2E?
Welcome to the FG forums.

This thread is in the "Pathfinder 2.0" forum, so it's for Pathfinder Second Edition.