PDA

View Full Version : SR Bestiary

ShadeRaven
August 2nd, 2019, 06:40
These are the actual second edition creatures in full, as complete and useful as possible, including adding special features in the spell tab to deal with things like persistent damage, grabbed, and aura effects.

Current Version: 15.0
Notes: For now, all creatures (plus a few odd additions for various reasons) with a rating of 15 or less are in the module. We'll add all the Creature 16 next, etc.

Keep in mind, this is just to get us to the official bestiary and as Trenloe improves the ruleset, some of what's in this may not necessarily transition with it. That said, at the time I am releasing each version, it will be as useful as possible in the current iteration of the code.

(SR) Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition: 30496.
(SR-U) Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition in Unity: 33347.

A few notes about this for people giving it a shot:

Creatures are accurate from the Second Edition Bestiary. That said, some probably have been changed since first print. I'll update as I discover these, but if I miss something, please feel free to inform me.
Afflictions that come with creatures are included. This inclused disease, poisons, and curses.
New Items come with some creatures and are included, too.
Traps that are new in the Bestiary are also included.
Finally, and maybe most signficant, I make heavy use of the SPELLS tab for creatures. Any power that I think can benefit from some automation that the Spells Tab is capable of, I try to use. As always, suggestions for more is always welcome.

As always, any reported errors or useful comments are welcome.

Special thanks to Zodiac107 (CR5s and a few others) for contributing to this and to darrenan for making a parser that at least allows me to get the core started to every creature (it has worked great from CR8 on)! And of course to Trenloe, damned, and the rest of Smiteworks that make the whole project possible, not to mention the good people at Paizo that give us material worth putting the effort to.

PS: Just as an aside, this will not include things like artwork, colorful tokens, etc., for obvious reasons. I did not include a reference manual and rules for various abilities are included only on the creatures themselves as needed. It's information as allowed by the OGL (included in the story section) and kept mostly to just getting us some creatures to use for now until the fully fleshed out Bestiary is released. Still, I hope some find it useful and enjoy!

PSS: As I begin to tackle some of the more complicated creatures as these Creature ratings go up, I am trying to refine some of the properties and automation that can be handled via the spells tab. Please feel free to comment or suggest. I have always the willing ear.

Succubus, for example, has a lot of special feature. The goal is to have simple "click" or "drag-n-drop" uses for various powers and abilities in hopes of keeping track of things like her Embrace vs. her Passionate Kiss (and the possible suggestion to have it last). I've been also trying to add stages to various poisons, with their duration timers, to help keep track of those as well.

To be clear, Trenloe and I are working hard towards a day when some of this will be automated so that some of what I am doing will become irrelevant. Until that day comes, though, I am happy to contribute by making this Bestiary as useful as possible. So all input (here or through PM) is welcome.

ShadeRaven
August 2nd, 2019, 16:29
Updated to version 0.0 (added all Creature 0 to the mod).

ShadeRaven
August 3rd, 2019, 21:17
Big update as I added all the Creature 1 monsters into the module. There were quite a few of them, let me tell you!

As always, any mistakes (I have caught some on the way, so only the most current file reporting is necessary) or input is always appreciated!

Vaeron
August 4th, 2019, 03:27
Thanks I will check it out!

Larsenex
August 4th, 2019, 13:35
How does this get installed? New FG user here.

damned
August 4th, 2019, 13:50
How does this get installed? New FG user here.

Download it and add it to the \modules folder under your Fantasy Grounds data folder.
Same place you look to delete campaigns.

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 14:02
Okay, that's a good question.. I'll try to explain here and put a note in the initial post, too.

First, there are probably places people have explained this process, and better than I will right here, in these forums before. Also, I am going to be explaining this as a Windows user. Apple/Mac computers will probably have the same process, but getting to the folders will be different unless you use my in-game technique.

The key to adding anything to Fantasy Grounds is reaching the AppData folder. There are a few way to do this. You can go to the File Search function in the File Explorer, for example, but honestly, the easiest way to find the AppData folder is to go into FG itself and go to either Tokens (then click on GM or Shared) or Images & Maps (then click on Folder). This will take you right into the data areas of Fantasy Grounds. You'll be in one of the sub-folders of FG, so you'll want to go to the root directory (in windows, typically ...AppData > Roaming > Fantasy Grounds). Within that room directory, you'll see a folder called modules. Open that, and you'll be where you need to be. From there, simply drag and drop my (SR) Bestiary.mod file into there and you're set. Next time you start FG, you'll have a new module you can LOAD in the Library -> Modules section of the game (just like you'd do to open up the rulebooks, etc.).

Man, I hope that made some sort of sense :p

Larsenex
August 4th, 2019, 14:39
Excellent.

I figured out where the root folders are and your responses are what I needed > thank you!

Found where campaigns are. This is a silly question but if i want to use the art or assets (portraits/images) of one campaign with a new one, would it be faster to start the new campaign, then go into that folder and copy/paste the assets into the new campaign folders?

I noticed i have some extensions in my extensions folder. There are 'four theme extensions. Not sure if they will work with the PF2 but is there a way to enable them so i can see how they look? I answered my own question. I have to have an extension that works with the rules set. I see that these theme extensions work with most of the rule sets already built into FG but there is currently nothing for the new P2 rules.

Zodiac107
August 4th, 2019, 14:44
This is great, Im working on a similar project until the Bestiary book is released. Ill update with a merged .mod. Itīs not as polished as your, but it will serve as a passable base until the Bestiary is released.

EDIT* Reuploaded, the initiative values should be correct now.

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 19:56
This is great, Im working on a similar project until the Bestiary book is released. Ill update with a merged .mod. Itīs not as polished as your, but it will serve as a passable base until the Bestiary is released.Very nice, Zodiac! Every bit of information added is terrific.

Zodiac107
August 4th, 2019, 22:37
Very nice, Zodiac! Every bit of information added is terrific.

This is how i spend my vacation. :)

ShadeRaven
August 5th, 2019, 00:55
Busy day here, so not as much free time but did finish the Creature 2s and clean up some of the earlier ones.

You'll find the latest version, 2.0, in the first post of this thread. Enjoy!

FG_Dave
August 5th, 2019, 02:02
Thank you ShadeRaven and Zodiac for these.

These will work great.

Zodiac107
August 5th, 2019, 18:07
Nice... ivé been a bit busy, but i assume that you will start on lvl 3 monsters. So ill go with lvl 5 and leave a bit of space there.

FG_Dave, youīre welcome. hopefully you can use these to supplement FGs own book. i hope this speeds up the process a bit.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:09
...i hope this speeds up the process a bit.
The main reason the the Bestiary is delayed is that we have to develop it using the Smiteworks in house parsing application - which needs data in a different format, and also needs to be developed for PFRPG2 creatures. So, unfortunately, the community SRD module won't aid in developing the official Bestiary product. Nice thought though... :)

Zodiac107
August 5th, 2019, 19:46
Oh, thats unfortunate. Oh well, atleast my players will get to enjoy a low level game before busting out the big guns. :)

Zodiac107
August 5th, 2019, 23:37
And here we go, an updated merge version with the lvl 5 creatures. Now itīs time to sleep.

Gnight

ShadeRaven
August 6th, 2019, 02:18
Updated to add Creature 3 set. You'll find it in the initial post.

Also, just a reminder, that many functions that can be handled in the spells tab that are on the front sheet have their automation added there. Check it out if you haven't before. I might make your GMing job much easier.

Zodiac107
August 6th, 2019, 07:27
Indeed, i put all the spells there. But it just occured to me that i can put things like sneak attack, poisons and similar powers there to automate the process.

Larsenex
August 6th, 2019, 16:56
Shade,

If i down loaded your SR Beastiary mod, do I also need Zodiacs? Would I DL both and do both 'work' together or do i need one or the other?

When you update your SR Bestiary do I need to 're download and install it' or is there process that I do not see that updates it?

ShadeRaven
August 6th, 2019, 18:12
Larsenex: For now, we aren't totally coordinated in our efforts, though Zodiac and I just discussed how to smooth that out some. I am rolling his into mine now going forward so hopefully just the one file will work.

As for "installation", yeah.. basically just copy overtop of the old one and you get the new set.

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2019, 00:34
Updated to version 4.0. It can be found on the front page.

There will be some minor fixes to many mobs at the lower levels going forward as new patches get released. Status (modifier) and the improved powers/spells action reporting comes to mind right away. Nothing that will change how it works currently, just that you'll see some of the nice work being done added as we go along, even if it's just visual.

Zodiac - Are you working on Creature 5s? I just finished 4s and wondering if you want me to move to Creature 6s?

ShadeRaven
August 8th, 2019, 18:45
Version 6.0 is out on the first page for Download.

This is a big update, not only because it adds dozens of creatures of rating 5 and 6, but I always went back and cleaned up some of the "basic" saving throw computations, added some more automation, and cleaned up some other little things for easier use.

Enjoy!

Skellan
August 8th, 2019, 18:51
Fantastic work

Falkus
August 9th, 2019, 22:55
This is very helpful, thank you!

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2019, 07:08
Version 7.0 is out on the first page for Download.

As I begin to tackle some of the more complicated creatures as these Creature ratings go up, I am trying to refine some of the properties and automation that can be handled via the spells tab. Please feel free to comment or suggest. I have always the willing ear.

Succubus, for example, has a lot of special feature. The goal is to have simple "click" or "drag-n-drop" uses for various powers and abilities in hopes of keeping track of things like her Embrace vs. her Passionate Kiss (and the possible suggestion to have it last). I've been also trying to add stages to various poisons, with their duration timers, to help keep track of those as well.

To be clear, Trenloe (and damned?) is working hard towards a day when some of this will be automated so that some of what I am doing will become irrelevant. Until that day comes, though, I am happy to contribute by making this Bestiary as useful as possible. So all input (here or through PM) is welcome.

As always, Enjoy!

madman
August 10th, 2019, 23:09
It is yet to be seen how much automation the official Bestiary will have. Keep up the good work!

phillgamboa
August 11th, 2019, 04:23
The creature grothlut - the attack roll digestive spew have a broken script.

phillgamboa
August 11th, 2019, 04:25

ShadeRaven
August 11th, 2019, 05:40
TY, phillipe. Fixed on next release.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 05:41
Fixed on next release.
Oi! That's my catchphrase!!!

;)

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2019, 08:29
Version 8.0 can now be found in the first post.

Also...

A few thing have been Repaired on Current Offering. :p

phillgamboa
August 12th, 2019, 10:29
excellent work , thank's

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2019, 07:11
Version 9.0 can now be found in the first post.

Enjoy!

phillgamboa
August 13th, 2019, 10:24
Dragon turtle - broken script in first option attack and second too

ShadeRaven
August 13th, 2019, 14:12
Good catch. Didn't notice that the one-action symbol was between the attack name and the attack bonus. Corrected for Upcoming Version ;)

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2019, 23:59
Version 10 is out there on the first post. Enjoy!

Saeval
August 16th, 2019, 14:30
As always I'm amazed by this community and what people can accomplish. Thank you everyone for all the hard work you put in to make the life of us less tech literate DM's easier.

ShadeRaven
August 23rd, 2019, 21:58
Hey folks! After a vacation and some time to make my first fully fleshed out PF2 Adventure Module (I'll toss it out here probably Monday, after making sure it's been looked over one last time), I sat back down to work on the Bestiary again.

One the first post, you'll find Version 11.0 :) Enjoy!

xscapebb
August 27th, 2019, 03:58
is this for PF2 PLAYTEST or for the release version?

ShadeRaven
August 27th, 2019, 04:13
Release. This is full stats and abilities, including extra features on the Spells Tab to make using creature powers easier, from the Pathfinder Bestiary (Second Edition). :)

Saeval
August 27th, 2019, 14:46
is this for PF2 PLAYTEST or for the release version?

This is for the release version until the official Bestiary is released next month sometime. It's been a lifesaver for me since I'm converting a module to run in 2e and now I don't need to build the creatures from scratch in addition to everything else.

ShadeRaven
August 28th, 2019, 14:30
Version 12.0 is now available on the front page. Enjoy!

baershark
September 1st, 2019, 14:23
I downloaded this, but none of the creatures have any attacks...has anyone else seen this?

phillgamboa
September 1st, 2019, 15:21
I downloaded this, but none of the creatures have any attacks...has anyone else seen this?

Click in the name of weapon or attack.

Example: zombie shamber
Click in the text - jaws

to roll the damage, click in the text - damage 1d8+2

:D

baershark
September 1st, 2019, 15:36
Click in the text, where? There is an attack block built in to Fantasy Grounds where you can click on the text. That block is not filled in for any of these.

phillgamboa
September 1st, 2019, 16:03
Click in the text, where? There is an attack block built in to Fantasy Grounds where you can click on the text. That block is not filled in for any of these.

look the attachment

baershark
September 1st, 2019, 16:13
LOL I figured it out....that whole block wasn't showing up because I didn't update Fantasy Grounds so I was on the playtest version of PF2e.

ShadeRaven
September 10th, 2019, 16:49
Version 13.0 is up on the first page.

I will say, the complexity of these higher creature levels makes for more interesting and dynamic creations. The Spell Tab will be quite a bit larger for some of them. I should have covered enhanced spells (cantrips included), but let me know if something slipped through the cracks. Same with creature powers that continue to get more impactful :O

Enjoy!

skytail
September 11th, 2019, 12:11
look the attachment

Thanks!

madman
September 11th, 2019, 18:54
Great Job @ShadeRaven!
You are doing Cayden's Work.

Elihu
September 11th, 2019, 22:41
Question. Does anyone know if the official bestiary will have these amazing spell effects on the spells tab?

ShadeRaven
September 11th, 2019, 23:36
I don't want to answer for Trenloe, but I would imagine that the initial release won't. The simplest reason being that he has some terrific plans for updating the structure of the Bestiary/Creatures format that would change some of the dynamics. There's no sense in trying to do everything if some of the foundation will be different in the future requiring changes down the road.

That said, the good news is that you can simply take what I have done, drag-n-drop it on creatures for the official bestiary release, and have the functionality that I am offering with the support, manual, images, tokens, etc., that will make the official Pathfinder Second Edition Bestiary well worth owning.

In the mean time, or for people on a tight budget, mine should fit the bill while the very full plate Tren has to deal with is still being gnawed away at.

ShadeRaven
September 28th, 2019, 00:59
Version 14.0 is up, with Creature 14s in it, coincidentally enough! Also slowly going through some of the older creatures and updating them with new formats, etc.

Enjoy!

Larsenex
September 28th, 2019, 02:30
Shade, I cant seem to download it. It wants to open it up instead.

ShadeRaven
September 28th, 2019, 02:58
Shade, I cant seem to download it. It wants to open it up instead.

Still having trouble? Anyone else getting this? I downloaded it okay. Did you move it to the Modules folder, etc., Lars? I know sometimes .mod files cause some programs to think they can open and read them.

Larsenex
September 28th, 2019, 03:00
When I click on the link on the first page instead of downloading it like it used to do it instead wants to open it up. Not sure how to download it. Tried right clicking but no option to 'download'

Larsenex
September 28th, 2019, 03:07
Yea I am trying everything and cant seem to download it. It wants to open it as a media file which I am trying to fix but not working. Anyway you can send it to me as a zipped file?

Bidmaron
September 28th, 2019, 04:18
Try a different browser.

Trenloe
September 28th, 2019, 17:53
Tried right clicking but no option to 'download'
Depending what browser you're using there will be a right-click option to "Save link as" or "Save as" or something similar.

Maddock
October 8th, 2019, 12:28
Yea I am trying everything and cant dem (https://passionplay-ch.com/spielautomaten/). It wants to open it as a media file which I am trying to fix but not working. Anyway you can send it to me as a zipped file?

How did it go?

Larsenex
October 8th, 2019, 12:31
My solution was to switch to firefox and I was able to get it. For some reason a setting in chrome did not want to download it.

Trenloe will the official Bestiary be coming this month?

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 12:57
Trenloe will the official Bestiary be coming this month?
Probably not. No ETA as yet.

Bidmaron
October 8th, 2019, 23:43
Trenloe can you remind us what is holding up the official Bestiary?

Trenloe
October 8th, 2019, 23:45
Trenloe can you remind us what is holding up the official Bestiary?
The massive amount of work involved. Writing NPC/Monster parsing for PAR5E. My day job. Other things to convert. Only 24 hours in a day. etc., etc...

Bidmaron
October 10th, 2019, 03:43
Ok. Thanks, Trenloe. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't working very hard. What you have accomplished is amazing, and I wish I were half the coder you are. Anyway, thanks for all you do. I thought there might be a technical holdup with Paizo.

Grivenger
October 18th, 2019, 19:20
@Shaderaven

Your Bestiary is really helping me out. Fantastic work. Do you have any pointers for me on how I could add a new monster?

hawkwind
October 19th, 2019, 07:58
I use this parser extension found here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension to copy and paste into a NPC sheet. Its not perfect but with a bit of practice you can enter creature quite quickly, you still need to enter stuff your self on the spell action Tab but usually ShadeRaven has done something similar on a previous npc or you can use his excellent effects module

Grivenger
October 19th, 2019, 09:22
I use this parser extension found here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension to copy and paste into a NPC sheet. Its not perfect but with a bit of practice you can enter creature quite quickly, you still need to enter stuff your self on the spell action Tab but usually ShadeRaven has done something similar on a previous npc or you can use his excellent effects module

Thanks. I did get this extension. Will it only be a matter of typing out a stat block for a new monster (using the system's syntax) and copy and paste it?

hawkwind
October 19th, 2019, 10:09
no you don't even need to type it all, just copy and paste then some editing . you can get the action icons to work ny typing in [[A]], [[AA]] or [[R]]
I usually copy in to note pad first to tidy it up a bit , this is all for copy new NPC's from a PDF,monsters of your own creation you have to type in your self

Grivenger
October 20th, 2019, 16:26
I'll have to mess around with the Creature Parser, then. Thanks again for your helpful pointers.

ShadeRaven
October 21st, 2019, 21:07
Hey! Sorry, been dealing with a health issue this last month so was rather out of the loop on everything. I hope to be back in the fold and updating things. I noticed Trenloe has done some amazing updates recently, so I will want to see if any of my work needs updating to reflect his efforts.

I am always open to PM/DM inquires or suggestions, as well as posts here. Hope to catch up in the next day or two.

bmokofisi
October 30th, 2019, 20:29
Great job Shade, thanks!

Milke
November 12th, 2019, 01:47
Small small very small question (this thing is super awesome, by the way, and I love it).
The troll says regeneration acid or; WEAKNESS 10 fire.
So, it's missing "fire" from acid or fire. But I can't figure out how to permanently change it in the creature's file. Is it a coding thing?
Or should I just change the effect in the combat tracker when it comes up and quit whining? =P
You guys are so good with this stuff.

ShadeRaven
November 27th, 2019, 07:33
Because of the troll "fie" fire foe fum issue, I went in and fixed that then decided to go ahead and do the Creature 15s.

So version 15.0 is out there with all the creatures at that level. The link to it can be found in the first post.

Enjoy!

Milke
November 28th, 2019, 17:13
That's what I came to check on was to see if the fire had been added to acid or fire after Trenloe fixed "fie". Thanks, SR.

Also, don't know if you noticed it. But the patch notes say he fixed the issue of the whole line being ignored when it was parsing Regen effects.
Just for if you ever add more creatures that have Regen later on.

ShadeRaven
November 29th, 2019, 03:06
Yeah, Trenloe does a tremendous job of tackling issues that come along that make my efforts to bring stuff to the community easier. Hopefully, all this effort will be replaced by greater and greater functionality - not to mention the official Bestiary - down the road. No complaints here, though. I'm happy enough knowing others have enjoyed what I have put out there for consumption.

Milke
November 29th, 2019, 17:09
I don't know how he and you and the various guys on here stay on top of all this. I ask a question or post a glitch I'm having, and boom. Someone posts an answer with a link, or Trenloe posts that he's patching it in.
All I can do is learn, and enjoy.

Komm Suesser Tod
April 1st, 2020, 04:29
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble with installing this to FGU. I've found the data page, but there's no modules folder. Do I make one?

Trenloe
April 1st, 2020, 07:52
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I'm having trouble with installing this to FGU. I've found the data page, but there's no modules folder. Do I make one?
Welcome to the FG forums Komm Suesser Tod!

Sounds like you've found the app installation directory, but not the FG app data directory.

Start FG and click the folder icon in the top left to get to the FG App Data directory - where you should find the modules directory.

Sasmira
April 3rd, 2020, 22:34
Hello,
I have a problem with the (sr) bestiary and FGU Combat Tracker :
- When I add a monster and I want to launch a monster attack from the combat tracker, the weapon bonus is not added to the die roll.
- When I want to do damage to the monster from the combat tracker, I cannot move the dice on the monster.

The problem is that the "M" of melee and "R" of ranged, in front of the symbol, are uppercase. If youchange that with a lowercase, it works fine.... that work with me ...

Have you this problem too and can you fix that if it's possible ?

thx for your help !
S.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2020, 22:39
Hello,
I have a problem with the (sr) bestiary and FGU Combat Tracker :
- When I add a monster and I want to launch a monster attack from the combat tracker, the weapon bonus is not added to the die roll.
- When I want to do damage to the monster from the combat tracker, I cannot move the dice on the monster.

The problem is that the "M" of melee and "R" of ranged, in front of the symbol, are uppercase. If youchange that with a lowercase, it works fine.... that work with me ...

Have you this problem too and can you fix that if it's possible ?

thx for your help !
S.
Can you switch to the "Test" channel, update and then see if the issue is still there?

Sasmira
April 3rd, 2020, 22:50
Can you switch to the "Test" channel, update and then see if the issue is still there?

I'm on "Test" channel and it's working fine :)

We can play a campaign on the test channel ? my players need to switch on test channel too ?

Thx for your help Mister Trenloe :)

Trenloe
April 4th, 2020, 08:04
We can play a campaign on the test channel ?
No, I wouldn’t recommend it.

The work around in this case is to open the creature statblock sheet from the CT and roll from there.

The updated ruleset will probably be released to live in a week or so.

Sasmira
April 4th, 2020, 09:47
No, I wouldn’t recommend it.

The work around in this case is to open the creature statblock sheet from the CT and roll from there.

The updated ruleset will probably be released to live in a week or so.

ok no problem, i can wait the next update :D

thx for your help again !

ShadeRaven
April 8th, 2020, 03:13
Hey all! Just wanted to say that this isn't dead yet! Just had a long February with personal stuff and have had my nose to the grindstone for March and early this month...

Working on the Official Bestiary for Fantasy Grounds. ;)

We are in the finishing stages and I am sure everyone is anxious to see it released.

As far as how this impacts my (SR) Bestiary, it won't really except to say that any changes needed to paid products will always come first. I won't shut this down because, especially with everything going on, I understand that not everyone will be able to afford the official release just yet and these community projects are often the lifeblood of the RPGs. That said, of course I would love to see everyone support Paizo, Smiteworks, and Trenloe's effort that allowed me to help get the "real" Bestiary ready.

It should also be noted... there are a lot of things that I can do in my private version that just aren't appropriate for the official release, so there may still be some value in having both (at least for the foreseeable future). I can make more heavy use of the Spells Tab to give some additional functionality. Eventually, most - if not all - of those processes will be automated so that the extra scripting won't be necessary, but for now, it should prove useful. As amazing as Trenloe is at getting updates done that I, and others, have needed to make our beloved PF2 work here on FG, the automation process is a huge task with multiple layers that affect multiple levels and products that requires time and care. Don't worry, he's got a Santa Claus length list and really does rather insanely plan on trying to get everything on it done. :p

Regardless, hope everyone is still enjoying and making use of this Bestiary in the meantime and I still keep an eye out for any changes that need to be made to it!

Thanks!

Sasmira
April 8th, 2020, 03:50
WB ShadeRaven ^^

Larsenex
April 8th, 2020, 14:01
That is great shes ShadeRaven! Looking forward to the 'official' bestiary!

MaxAstro
April 8th, 2020, 16:47
ShadeRaven, you are a hero and god among humankind. :D

Mogloth
April 9th, 2020, 12:30
I asked on Discord and I'll ask here. Am I missing something or does the SR Bestiary only go up to lvl 5?

Trenloe
April 9th, 2020, 12:59
I asked on Discord and I'll ask here. Am I missing something or does the SR Bestiary only go up to lvl 5?
Welcome to the FG forums!

I can’t verify myself as I’m not at my computer, But from post #1: "Notes: For now, all creatures (plus a few odd additions for various reasons) with a rating of 15 or less are in the module."

JTM3469
April 9th, 2020, 15:29
Got some 15 lvl here in SR Bestiary

Just make sure you use the scrollbar at the side of the level drop down box to slide down to more level

ShadeRaven
April 9th, 2020, 17:44

That's odd if you are only seeing to Level 5, Mogloth. Might try reloading it again to see if that fixes it.

ShadeRaven
April 9th, 2020, 18:27
Hey all.. first, let me say that I just ran through and created an export module for Unity.. I have not honestly tested it at all! Still, I the Bestiary I have done for Classic can be found now for Unity.

Obviously, Unity is in the testing phase, but knowing how it reacts to the work I did for the Bestiary in Classic should prove useful, so feel free to give this a run, report what you find, what you think might be useful going forward, and obviously what isn't working right now.

Thanks!
SR

PS: Oh! The first post has the link to the unity version of the module. As with the classic, you need to put it in the Modules directory for Fantasy Grounds Unity. This folder location can be easily found by going into the Settings for Unity when you first load the program.

Larsenex
April 9th, 2020, 18:33
ShadeRaven,

Thanks a billion! Your work is really appreciated!

Mogloth
April 9th, 2020, 20:50
That's odd if you are only seeing to Level 5, Mogloth. Might try reloading it again to see if that fixes it.

Someone on Discord mentioned there was a scroll bar that I did not see. I see all levels now. Thanks.

Trenloe
April 9th, 2020, 20:50
Someone on Discord mentioned there was a scroll bar that I did not see. I see all levels now. Thanks.
Stealth scroll bars!!! :o

ShadeRaven
April 9th, 2020, 22:37
Stealth scroll bars!!! :oI've heard that the entire month of March was that way, as well as various naming fields in programs. :p

MaxAstro
April 10th, 2020, 21:49
You must be missing something; the version I have goes up to I think level 13 or 14.

EDIT: Thought I was looking at the current page when I posted this, nevermind, it's Friday, my brain doesn't work. XD

viviolay
April 11th, 2020, 00:29
Just posting to express my gratitude. Starting to GM for PF using FG and panicked when I couldn't find the bestiary in the store. So glad someone was willing to share an SRD option. You're a saint!

Trennik
April 11th, 2020, 06:20
Thanks for all this excellent work. Very much.

I think I found a small typo. The effect on the Action tab for the Jinkin (Gremlin) has his extra precision damage as 1d4, and it should be 1d6.

ShadeRaven
April 11th, 2020, 13:35
Thanks, Trennik :) I'll head in there to check that out.

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 20:30
I'm completely new to this, so I may be doing something wrong but I can't get this Bestiary to show up in my modules. I put the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod file in my Modules folder for FGU. I've restarted several times and I've run the update several times but nothing results in the Bestiary module becoming available for me. Any suggestions? (I've checked for it in the Modules button when FGU loads and in the Library tab after FGU loads.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 20:39
I'm completely new to this, so I may be doing something wrong but I can't get this Bestiary to show up in my modules. I put the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod file in my Modules folder for FGU. I've restarted several times and I've run the update several times but nothing results in the Bestiary module becoming available for me. Any suggestions? (I've checked for it in the Modules button when FGU loads and in the Library tab after FGU loads.
The filename is "(SR-U) Bestiary" but the module name within FG is still "(SR) Bestiary".

ShadeRaven
April 13th, 2020, 20:57
I should just change the in-game module name to SR-U because leaving it as SR has seemed to cause more confusion than I intended.

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 21:00
The filename is "(SR-U) Bestiary" but the module name within FG is still "(SR) Bestiary".

It doesn't show up in the module list as "(SR) Bestiary" or "(SR-U) Bestiary." The only Bestiary that I see is the Pathfinder Playtest Bestiary which I'm not loading. I'm very confused.

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 21:04
It doesn't show up in the module list as "(SR) Bestiary" or "(SR-U) Bestiary." The only Bestiary that I see is the Pathfinder Playtest Bestiary which I'm not loading. I'm very confused.

I should just change the in-game module name to SR-U because leaving it as SR has seemed to cause more confusion than I intended.

ShadeRaven, I think that the module simply isn't loading into FGU for me at all and I can't figure out why.

ShadeRaven
April 13th, 2020, 21:29
Cere: That's a bit confusing, huh? I hate to go through the obvious steps first, but it's really important to make sure that your data directory is the correct one for Unity. If you aren't 100% sure, you can go into Settings from the initial screen, then go to Advanced Tab in the FGUpdaterEngine window and double-check that your Data Directory for FG Unity is indeed where you expect it to be. It's also important that this Data Directory is different that the one you use for Classic.

So if that looks correct.. if you see your data directory's modules subdirectory is the target directory where you placed the (SR-U) Bestiary.mod, then I am honestly not sure what is going on. You are in a bit of a minority here because others have had it work for them, myself included. I don't mind hopping out in discord, even doing screensharing to help you through this when I am free and you can't sort it out, though, so let me know if this persists and we can maybe set up a time to do some investigation work.

Otherwise, I hope you figure it out here and report the good news before it comes to that!

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:30
ShadeRaven, I think that the module simply isn't loading into FGU for me at all and I can't figure out why.
What channel are you running in FGU - live or test?

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 21:51
I'm running in Development.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 21:56
I'm running in Development.
Any reason why you're doing that?

Development is specifically for the FG SmiteWork devs to try things out. You should only be using that, for a very short time, if the FG devs specifically tell you to use it.

Please switch back to live and see if the issue is still there.

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 21:56
What channel are you running in FGU - live or test?

I switched to Live mode and it worked! Thanks for the help!

Cerebrolator
April 13th, 2020, 21:58
Thanks for the help! My problem as that I was in Development mode. I was mistakenly under the impression that I should use Development mode to prepare materials for my game sessions.

I'm very grateful to you and Trenloe for your help!

ShadeRaven
April 13th, 2020, 22:36
Awesome! :) Let me know if there's anything in there you notice that could use a fix, update, or improvement.. otherwise, Enjoy!

Sasmira
April 26th, 2020, 15:07
Hello,

Just for visibility :)
is it possible to change name (SR) Bestiary to (SR-U) Bestiary for Unity version in definition.xml ?

thx :)
s.

Trenloe
April 26th, 2020, 15:19
Just for visibility :)
is it possible to change name (SR) Bestiary to (SR-U) Bestiary for Unity version in definition.xml ?
That would mean that links made in FGC wouldn’t be compatible with the FGU module when migrated to FGU.

Sasmira
April 26th, 2020, 15:21
That would mean that links made in FGC wouldn’t be compatible with the FGU module when migrated to FGU.

ok no problem :)

@trenloe : have you see my MP ? :p

Milke
April 29th, 2020, 00:10
I picked up the new PF2 Bestiary today. Been using Shaderaven's free community one. But I wanted to support the cause. I like it because it has all the monster tokens. =)
Great work!

Thes33
May 26th, 2020, 17:46
I noticed a few creatures in this Bestiary have an error, where each time I open FG, it duplicates offensive abilities and they start adding up:

Trenloe
May 26th, 2020, 19:28
I noticed a few creatures in this Bestiary have an error, where each time I open FG, it duplicates offensive abilities and they start adding up:
This appears to be an issue with module creatures not having the old data removed. I've determined the fix and it will be in a future release. In the meantime, revert changes on the creature and without opening it again, make a copy and use the copied creature - this should allow it to work properly.

Thanks for reporting the issue.