PDA

View Full Version : Building new characters

Milke
August 2nd, 2019, 01:46
When I'm building a character inside FG. There is a part listing feats for class, level, etc. And they are drop down boxes. But they are always empty, and pinkish color... sort of like when you are filling out a form and it's missing some information.

Am I doing something wrong?

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 03:43
When I'm building a character inside FG. There is a part listing feats for class, level, etc. And they are drop down boxes. But they are always empty, and pinkish color... sort of like when you are filling out a form and it's missing some information.

Am I doing something wrong?
These will only display data if you have any feats entered into your system - either manually entering Feat campaign data, or purchasing and opening the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules FG product.

Milke
August 2nd, 2019, 05:00
Okay. I bought the Fantasy Grounds core book for PF2.
I guess my question was whether I had not entered in required info onto my character sheets, since the drop downs are empty and highlighted a pink color.
And it seems the answer is yes, I failed to enter something in correctly.
Now I just need to figure out how.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 05:04
Follow the steps highlighted in the chargen tracker - steps 1 to 4.

Also some of the videos linked in this thread might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47972-Fantasy-Ground-College-(FGC)-Class-One-shots-Demo-s-and-short-adventures-times

Milke
August 2nd, 2019, 05:16
Oh, there are videos. Good. I've tried using the tracker. And I just can't seem to get it right. A tutorial will definitely help. Thanks.

Stadlerc
August 3rd, 2019, 01:28
When you select Goblin as your class, it places all 3 of the goblin types into the Rules & abilities section of the abilities tab. There should only ever be one of these sub races selected.

If possible it would be nice to be given an option box for the type of goblin selected.

Steps to reproduce
1) Create a new character.
2) Click on the Ancestry button.
3) Select "Goblin

click on the ability tab to see all 3 subclass.

Stadlerc
August 3rd, 2019, 01:31
When the user selects the "Skills" tab of the character sheet, they are presented with a number of skills. It would be nice if there was a box stating how many skills you have added, and a count of how many skills you have left to select.

I know you have allot on your plate, so this one can wait..

Stadlerc
August 3rd, 2019, 01:40
Pathfinder 2 limits the number of magic items a user can equip at any given time to 10 (12 with a feat). It would be nice if on the Inventory sheet of the character it would state how many "Invested" items the person has equipped. As nobody should be able to get high enough for a while, this feature request is a low priority..

Stadlerc
August 3rd, 2019, 01:58
Last one tonight.. I promise...

In pathfinder second edition, characters can have proficiency in the following (Ranging from Untrained to legendary).
1) Unarmored
2) Light Armor
3) Medium Armor
4) Heavy Armor
5) Simple Weapon
6) Martial Weapon
7) Other Weapon (NAME)
The current character sheet does not provide for a place for these stats to easily be tracked by the user

WORKAROUND:
Till such time where this is available, I personally have been tracking each of these proficiency on the Skills tab as "~Armor - Light" or "~Weapon - Simple" and setting the proficiency level.

ShadeRaven
August 3rd, 2019, 03:52
Hey Stadlerc, good to see another willing to annoy Trenloe with constant feedback and request :P

There's a legacy field for tracking proficiency already on character sheets. On the Abilities tab, lower left, there's a box there where those categories get added. It's just text, and doesn't have the nice little toggle box to show the current level (your workaround certain offers a nice way to do that). Then it's just a matter of making sure the appropriate fields in the combat section or actions tab are set to the appropriate level for that category.

I am almost 100% certain that on his massive to-do and/or wish list, Tren has already planned to update those placeholders and more at some point. Right now, I am just not sure it's that high on the list of necessities.

Still, I am even more certain he wants the feedback and input.

damned
August 3rd, 2019, 03:59
Feedback is good. Specific issues with plenty of detail is best.
Keep it coming.
Trenloe has sunk a huge amount of time into this especially over the last 3 months so he prolly has a little life re-balancing to do as well!
He wants this to be a really solid ruleset and some changes/improvements will come very quickly and others will take longer.

Stadlerc
August 3rd, 2019, 04:09
Thanks. I will be going threw and making more of an effort to document features and defects here. I know he might not get to them, or even view some as defects. But I find it best to document things when I can and let the pro ("TrenLoe") figure out where things fall :)

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 16:13
Thanks for all the feedback Stadlerc!

When you select Goblin as your class, it places all 3 of the goblin types into the Rules & abilities section of the abilities tab. There should only ever be one of these sub races selected.

If possible it would be nice to be given an option box for the type of goblin selected.

Steps to reproduce
1) Create a new character.
2) Click on the Ancestry button.
3) Select "Goblin

click on the ability tab to see all 3 subclass.
The chargen tracker log gives big red directions on what to do with things like these. There will be future functionality that makes this smoother - see the second bullet point here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-RFPRG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=446770&viewfull=1#post446770

When the user selects the "Skills" tab of the character sheet, they are presented with a number of skills. It would be nice if there was a box stating how many skills you have added, and a count of how many skills you have left to select.

I know you have allot on your plate, so this one can wait..
I've toyed with this, but I don't want to implement an actual counter unless it is 100% accurate (especially the number left) - and there could be many sources of getting more skills, etc. in future publications. I'm toying with the idea of a check-list type functionality in the chargen tracker that adds lines when the drag/drop data indicates the player needs to manually do something, which will help them to know what they should be adding as part of the mainstream character generation process.

Pathfinder 2 limits the number of magic items a user can equip at any given time to 10 (12 with a feat). It would be nice if on the Inventory sheet of the character it would state how many "Invested" items the person has equipped. As nobody should be able to get high enough for a while, this feature request is a low priority..
This will come sometime in the future.

Last one tonight.. I promise...

In pathfinder second edition, characters can have proficiency in the following (Ranging from Untrained to legendary).
1) Unarmored
2) Light Armor
3) Medium Armor
4) Heavy Armor
5) Simple Weapon
6) Martial Weapon
7) Other Weapon (NAME)
The current character sheet does not provide for a place for these stats to easily be tracked by the user

WORKAROUND:
Till such time where this is available, I personally have been tracking each of these proficiency on the Skills tab as "~Armor - Light" or "~Weapon - Simple" and setting the proficiency level.
As ShadeRaven has mentioned - there's a "Proficency" section in the bottom left of the "Abilities" tab. This is where the chargen process records initial attack and defense proficiencies. There's no automation there (as yet) and is currently where these are stored/tracked for informational purposes.

Milke
August 5th, 2019, 01:23
I figure my issue out. It turns out it wasn't an issue. I just thought it was one. Since those handy boxes took me to the feats section for whatever I clicked on (ancestry, background, etc), when they were pink, I thought it meant I was leaving something out incomplete. Sort of like when you fill out a credit card thing online and one drop-down box will still be red or blue because it's a "required field."
I thought I was not filling out something I was supposed to fill out.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 01:27
I figure my issue out. It turns out it wasn't an issue. I just thought it was one. Since those handy boxes took me to the feats section for whatever I clicked on (ancestry, background, etc), when they were pink, I thought it meant I was leaving something out incomplete. Sort of like when you fill out a credit card thing online and one drop-down box will still be red or blue because it's a "required field."
I thought I was not filling out something I was supposed to fill out.
That's cool. Thanks for letting us know. Glad you sorted it out! :)