PDA

View Full Version : How to apply rebate to steam-purchase?

PoohPuss
August 1st, 2019, 19:27
I bought the Pathfinder 2 Core Rulebook PDF at the Paizo webside. I wanted to purchase the PF2 Core Rulebook for FG through Steam. How do I apply the rebate?

Edit: I should mention that I have both my FG application, and Paizo & Steam account linked to this FG site. I've also pressed the three update purchase-info buttons on this site, so all should be in sync unless it takes a while.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2019, 20:13
The Paizo PDF discount can only be used via the FG web site, because it has to synchronize with the Paizo servers which can't be done in the Steam purchase process.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
August 1st, 2019, 20:15
I suspect that the discounted price will only apply if you buy the module through the store rather than from Steam. Not an expert on PF though so I don't know for sure.

PoohPuss
August 1st, 2019, 20:22
Well, now I'm a sad-puss. Was certain I could apply the rebate. Must have misunderstood what I read before I made my purchase. Oh well.. :/

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 20:56
Well, now I'm a sad-puss. Was certain I could apply the rebate. Must have misunderstood what I read before I made my purchase. Oh well.. :/
Get a refund from Steam and purchase from the FG website.

PoohPuss
August 1st, 2019, 21:01
The purchase I referred to was from Paizo, the PDF. Might have bought the FG version instead of just the PDF if I'd realized I would not be able to utilize the discount. Unfortunately the prices on the FG online store is significantly higher than the Steam store.

Get a refund from Steam and purchase from the FG website.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2019, 21:25
I just checked in with Doug; and this is what he gave me.
"He can request a refund from Paizo for the PDF and then buy from Steam, sync it to FG and then sync again to Paizo. It will give him the PDF there."

Regards,
JPG

PoohPuss
August 1st, 2019, 23:23
Thank you, I'll try that :)

I just checked in with Doug; and this is what he gave me.
"He can request a refund from Paizo for the PDF and then buy from Steam, sync it to FG and then sync again to Paizo. It will give him the PDF there."

Regards,
JPG