PDA

View Full Version : PF2S scenario 1-01: The Absalom initiation (06-08-19 17.30 UTC

aellongm
August 1st, 2019, 15:21
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3559

A new era is beginning for the Pathfinder Society, with new recruits and new factions all excited to build connections and embark on grand adventures. The PCs are among these recruits invited to attend a welcoming party where they can meet both the old guard as well as the up-and-coming leaders. But the party's not all talk; the PCs learn of four exciting escapades in Absalom, through which they can kick off their adventuring careers!

I have an ultimate license and we'll be using teamspeak for communication.

technical info will be in calendar discussion.

Malkavian_Andi
August 1st, 2019, 16:01
definitely interested. I will go through the rulebook on the weekend I suppose, so I'll know what I'll bring then.

stephan_
August 1st, 2019, 16:06
Thanks for running the game!

I also should be able to make it, character TBD for obvious reasons.

Talen
August 1st, 2019, 16:37
If I have the timezone conversion right, I will be there as well

Talen
August 1st, 2019, 16:41
I haven't seen differently yet- am I correct t that the season 10 guide is still in effect?

stephan_
August 1st, 2019, 17:01
For PF1 I believe the old Season 10 guide continues.

The PF2 guide is supposed to be released pretty soon (probably before GenCon) but apparently is delayed a bit.

Edit: Link (last post). (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42mey?Season-1-guide-release-date)

aellongm
August 1st, 2019, 19:23
Yeah, sorry. The guide is not out yet. Nobody knows whether it'll be out by tuesday, due to Gencon, but we can hope.

I'll run the scenario anyway, and make any changes if needed. As such Chronicle sheets might be a bit later

aellongm
August 1st, 2019, 19:51
For character options, it looks like everything in the CRB will be legal, bar Connections skill feat. You can purchase all common items up to your level, as well as a wayfinder if you wish.
You can only get uncommon or rarer items via chronicle sheets and boons. Bestiary options are not allowed, unless they are referenced in the CRB.

There will be some legacy backgrounds available, but you can switch those in after the game if need be.

Any other questions, ask me here or in discord/TS

aellongm
August 2nd, 2019, 08:32
https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/encyclopedia/pfs2guide/

This guide has been endorsed as a temporary fix by the online VC.

stephan_
August 2nd, 2019, 10:40
Currently I'm considering bard or cleric due to some familiarity with them in the playtest), maybe champion.

And it's hard to resist the (siren?) call of the goblins.

Saqcat
August 2nd, 2019, 11:57
Hello,

I am also interested.

I actually was not able to resist the goblin call so I will be playing a Govblin Sorcerer if thats not a problem.

stephan_
August 2nd, 2019, 22:57
TBD, level 1 gladiator bard (maestro) goblin reporting in.

thyrax
August 3rd, 2019, 15:33
i am also interested no idea what to play tough any gaps i can fill?

PoohPuss
August 3rd, 2019, 17:26
I'd love to join and have applied on the event-site. Mind you I'm not a member of the PF-society yet. I'm reading up on the reg. process and should have a character ready by the time of our game if I'm accepted.

Artaron
August 4th, 2019, 13:02
Hi ! I've applied on the calendar :)

Talen
August 4th, 2019, 17:33
Pathfinder ID is 37840-2001. Human Wizard (essentially the Ezren pregen until I learn the ropes). FG Character sheet attached.

aellongm
August 4th, 2019, 19:16
Ok, seems this scenario is way more popular than expected. Then again, it is the first scenario in a new game.

I can't take all of you on unfortunately, but I will run this scenario a second time, probably later in the week. Everyone who applied here but didn't get in, will get first dibs.

Malkavian_Andi
August 4th, 2019, 20:00
Well, it took some time, but here's my character for this game. In case you're wondering why he's level 2, I purchased the "experienced Adventurer" boon with Playtest Points.

Talen
August 5th, 2019, 00:06
nice boon!

Malkavian_Andi
August 5th, 2019, 01:29
They did quite a few nice ones. Beginning at 2nd level is 12 Playtest Points (but gets more expensive if you want to purchase it again). With 24 Playtest Points, I would have been able to even begin at 3rd level (but I only had 20 points). There are also a few nice ones for 4 Playtest Points each. If you want to take a look, go to My Account -> Organized Play. There's a tab called "Boons" now where you can spend Playtest Points.

aellongm
August 5th, 2019, 09:10
I'm glad you didn't go for Level 3, that would put the challenge level way high. The new system makes it a bit harder to mix different levels within the tier than APL did

aellongm
August 5th, 2019, 09:38
I've created a second table on friday, and I will likely run this scenario next week somewhere as well.

I will run 1.02 the mosquito witch next tuesday.

Saqcat
August 5th, 2019, 09:59
How are you building your characters in FG?

I'm trying to build mine but looks like it only has the playtest options and it doesn't let me modifie the values manually.

aellongm
August 5th, 2019, 10:37
I just use the info in the ruleset. It probably just has the srd info unless you bought the book. I'll have my server up anhour or so eary tomorrow if you want to use the options on my server.

Worst comes to worst, just send me a pdf or something and I'll punch it in for you.

stephan_
August 5th, 2019, 15:13
The PF 2 SRD will likely only be released in around 6 months I believe (due to the wealth of content), so at the moment having the ruleset or of course logging in to a server that has the ruleset seem to be the only options.

Talen
August 6th, 2019, 14:56
With the fg calendar being down, I don’t have the fg alias or discord server info for today’s game. Maybe we can muster in a discord room on the fg server?

aellongm
August 6th, 2019, 15:30
I'll be on the fg-con TeamSpeak. Probably from 5.15 UTC onwards. I'll send the fg server info via pm in a second