PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition - Core Rules module (not PFRPG2 ruleset) info and feedback

Pages : [1] 2

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 05:19
As of a few minutes ago, the new Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules module has gone live and is available in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2101FG

This is a HUGE product - 640 pages in the physical book!

In the FG product we have the book 99% reproduced in the form of a FG reference manual, and all the data (with a small exception) is available for drag/drop to PC sheets to aid in creation and management of your player characters.

With the tight timelines we had to take some decisions to enable us to get this beast of a module out on time - primarily we haven't added the small flavour images (for example, for magic items). Our intention is to add this in and complete the module after the initial launch calms down.

In the meantime, please report any issues with the module in this thread.

Thanks very much and enjoy!

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 05:37
I'm tracking issues with the Core Rules DLC here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZKssnOL3TDVy20HkFctvmyhQcKzf74OUY7Jv1Q2zELI/edit?usp=sharing (read only access).

And the underlying ruleset here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

Dr0W
August 1st, 2019, 05:38
Thanks a lot!

Any idea when it will come to Steam Store (Right now I'm only able to buy from there due to credit card restrictions)

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 05:40
Any idea when it will come to Steam Store (Right now I'm only able to buy from there due to credit card restrictions)
Can you see it here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128080/Fantasy_Grounds__Pathfinder_2_RPG__Core_Rules_PFRP G2/?curator_clanid=5967781

Dr0W
August 1st, 2019, 05:42
Yes! Thanks!

lostsanityreturned
August 1st, 2019, 06:30
Mistakes Noticed
- The general feat "lie to me" is listed as "lie to men"

Suggested Improvements
Modules/Library
- The various equipment links in the module (library window) should probably be listed under one heading like in 5e, or be listed alphabetically.

Equipment
- Adventurer's pack should populate the inventory rather than existing as a separate item. It also has the wrong bulk for the number of items in it (a known and confirmed typo in the CRB on paizo's end).
- The class packs are absent from the equipment list

I will have to leave it at this for now until I read through more and have the pdf to compare it to.

lostsanityreturned
August 1st, 2019, 06:33
(posted ruleset issue to the wrong location by accident)

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 06:35
I’ve moved this post from the ruleset thread to the core rules feedback thread.

Mistakes Noticed
- The general feat "lie to me" is listed as "lie to men"

Suggested Improvements
Modules/Library
- The various equipment links in the module (library window) should probably be listed under one heading like in 5e, or be listed alphabetically.

Equipment
- Adventurer's pack should populate the inventory rather than existing as a separate item. It also has the wrong bulk for the number of items in it (a known and confirmed typo in the CRB on paizo's end).
- The class packs are absent from the equipment list

I will have to leave it at this for now until I read through more and have the pdf to compare it to.
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll add these to my "things to look at" list.

JaskoTheBear
August 1st, 2019, 09:27
Mistakes Noticed
- The background "Martial Disciple" throws a warning in the character creation tracker when dropped onto the character sheet. Unable to add feat 'Cat Fall or Quick Jump' to character as missing from index. Same warning for skill 'Acrobatics or Athletics'. I'm guessing this is because its an either/or selection and not yet implemented.

Either way, I want to thank you for all the work you've put in to getting the module ready so quickly. You sir, are a legend and will be sung of by our descendants for generations to come

Additional issue: Champion Focus Spell 'Lay on Hands' is coded to damage rather than heal

kaernunnos
August 1st, 2019, 14:01
The giant instinct for barbarian seems to be missing.
Crafting formulas have no place for tracking (mainly effects alchemist)
Alchemical items used as bombs don't populate as attacks on the actions tab

nic227
August 1st, 2019, 14:21
Great Work on the material.

One minor issue noted :

Reference materials > classes > animal companions and familiars. - Odd page breaks.

Winter
August 1st, 2019, 15:59
I have been pouring through it and I am so ecstatic. Thank you so much for your hard work.

One thing I noticed, for the Herbalist Background, it says: Choose two ability Boosts. One must be to Constitution or Wisdom, and one is a free ability boost. When the pop up appears it gives me Dexterity and Wisdom.
And the Feat it automatically gives is the wrong one, it gave me 'Survey Wildlife' instead of Natural Medicine. Seems like it thought I was a Hunter background instead of the Herbalist. As it also gave me Hunting Lore.

ShadeRaven
August 1st, 2019, 17:05
Is Hardness as a HP Ability not yet implemented? I was checking out an Animated Broom with Hardness 2 and couldn't get that damage reduced short of using an effect to reduce all damage.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 17:23
Is Hardness as a HP Ability not yet implemented? I was checking out an Animated Broom with Hardness 2 and couldn't get that damage reduced short of using an effect to reduce all damage.
Yeah, that's not there yet. I'm still developing the shield functionality (with hardness, hit points and break threshold) and general item hardness will be catered for as part of this.

For creatures, there will probably be an effect that gets auto added to the CT when the creature is added. I haven't decided yet, but an effect will probably be the most flexible.

darrenan
August 1st, 2019, 17:41
The Liberation Champion cause has a typo where its first level spell (Fleet Step) was missing the first two letters "eet Step".

EDIT: Sorry, the location I was talking about is actually the Cayden Cailean section, where it lists his Cleric spells.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 17:50
The Liberation Champion cause has a typo where its first level spell (Fleet Step) was missing the first two letters "eet Step".
Can you point me to exactly where this is please? The spell record itself is OK and I can't see this as a Champion spell for the Liberator cause. Thanks!

darrenan
August 1st, 2019, 17:51
See my edited post above.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 17:52
See my edited post above.
Got it. Thanks for reporting.

Talyn
August 1st, 2019, 18:26
Class packs no available as drag/drop parcels (yet).

Rather than parcels, may I suggest implementing the 'equipment packs' script from 5E (Moon also added it to C&C a couple years ago) or better yet, @Celestian improved it for 2E and added a GUI. The 'equipment packs' automate unloading everything into the character inventory tab, and the pack itself is an Item where people tend to look for things rather than in the Parcels window.

Just a thought.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 18:28
Rather than parcels, may I suggest implementing the 'equipment packs' script from 5E (Moon also added it to C&C a couple years ago) or better yet, @Celestian improved it for 2E and added a GUI. The 'equipment packs' automate unloading everything into the character inventory tab, and the pack itself is an Item where people tend to look for things rather than in the Parcels window.

Just a thought.
Yeah, I haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. Thanks for the ideas.

Talyn
August 1st, 2019, 18:42
Reference Manual: For readability, I'd also suggest eventually using the 'new' indent feature for certain refpages. For example in Chapter 1, after the Character Creation refpage, all the Steps 1 thru 10 could be indent 1. Arguably the sub-pages such as Character Sheet (immediately following Step 1) could be indent 2. Similarly in Chapter 7, after the FOCUS SPELLS refpage, all the following focus spell pages could be indent 1. And so on where applicable.

So far I really like what I'm seeing, and I love the new graphics for the frames on the refpages!

Vaeron
August 2nd, 2019, 01:38
The Tables button pops up empty, so when a spell says to reference a certain table (Specifically I was looking for table 7-1 due to a ritual an Age of Ashes NPC possesses) there doesn't seem to be a way to find that information outside of the physical book. I tried scrolling through the Reference pages, but the pages under Ritual that should include the Ritual rules and tables are not there.

arturbm82
August 2nd, 2019, 02:12
Hello FG team, I was awarded two dlcs of Pathfinder 2 ("Core Rules" and "Fall of Plaguestone") by Steam Brasil, same platform where I bought my ultimate FGC license, and even after installing, the modules do not appear in the PF2 campaign from my FG app. How should I proceed? Thanks!

damned
August 2nd, 2019, 02:18
Hey arturbm82

Did you go to Library -> Modules -> and activate the DLC there?

arturbm82
August 2nd, 2019, 02:59
I did it! I had to sync the FG and Steam accounts! Thank you!

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 03:46
The Tables button pops up empty, so when a spell says to reference a certain table (Specifically I was looking for table 7-1 due to a ritual an Age of Ashes NPC possesses) there doesn't seem to be a way to find that information outside of the physical book. I tried scrolling through the Reference pages, but the pages under Ritual that should include the Ritual rules and tables are not there.
That's something we missed. Thanks for reporting. We'll add that to a future update.

Talen
August 2nd, 2019, 03:49
May be user error, but in creating the barbarian pregen, it appears:

Hide armor reduced the barbarian's speed by 5, and
Four skills appear to under calculate by 2 (Acrobatics, Athletics, Stealth and Thievery) - at least when comparing the FG output to the Paizo pregen - the pregen is attached.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 04:02

Four skills appear to under calculate by 2 (Acrobatics, Athletics, Stealth and Thievery) - at least when comparing the FG output to the Paizo pregen - the pregen is attached.

Thanks for checking and reporting this.

I haven't implemented anything for the armor "strength" minimum yet. For hide this is 14 strength which would reduce the movement penalty by 5 (to 0 for hide) and remove the armor check penalty (-2 for hide).

ShadeRaven
August 2nd, 2019, 06:14
So far, looks amazing. A couple of quick notes on Creatures (since I am working on a temporary bestiary):

RESIST: n still doesn't default to all.. the "all" tag has to be included.
Off./Proac. Abils: I would love to have formatting for that. So much goes in there that would be nice to be able to bold, italicize, bullet point, etc.
Street Urchin: Gives choice between DEX and INT when it should be DEX and CON.

Some other questions:
When a creatures trait is CE (for chaotic evil), will it be parsed out to be both chaotic and evil when various effects are better or worse against said traits?
Stunned got changed a bit. Curious as to how that Effect is being handled. I am guessing it's just a placeholder effect and the tracking will have to be done manually, including the attached value.

BTW: Is there any real difference between Ongoing Damage and Persistent Damage?

vegaserik
August 2nd, 2019, 08:31
Giant's Instinct was already reported, sorry :)

vegaserik
August 2nd, 2019, 08:52

Those skills on the pre-gen I just downloaded from Paizo are off by -2 as well. But they didn't account for the -2 armor penalty for Hide armor which would make the FG score correct if I'm seeing it right.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 13:10
Those skills on the pre-gen I just downloaded from Paizo are off by -2 as well. But they didn't account for the -2 armor penalty for Hide armor which would make the FG score correct if I'm seeing it right.
See my post above here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-info-and-feedback&p=446975&viewfull=1#post446975

Amiri has 18 strength, so the speed penalty is 5 less (making it 0) and armor check penalty doesn’t apply. Thus the Paizo pregen is correct.

The quick work around is to manually change the armor penalties in the section in the bottom left of the inventory tab.

ShadeRaven
August 2nd, 2019, 14:33
Hey Trenloe,

I noticed that you have the nice symbols in the spell descriptions under casting. However, on the Actions/Spells tab, we don't have those symbols translated to images to indication # of actions like we did with the [[a]], etc. (which, incidentally, still works if you put that in). Not a huge deal, but it was nice having that quick reference to actions required.

vyruxx
August 2nd, 2019, 17:56
hello. The effects of the rune weapons are wrong, a +1 striking rune does not add a +1 to the damage instead gives +1 dice of the weapon .What he does now is simply +1 the attack and +1 the damage.
In addition the focus points do not go by any attribute. You start at 1 and add up to a maximum of 3 depending on the feats you are catching

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 19:58
This is probably a documentation error. But I'll see how easy it would be to default to all if nonthing's used.

Off./Proac. Abils: I would love to have formatting for that. So much goes in there that would be nice to be able to bold, italicize, bullet point, etc.
Yeah, it would look nice. But, I plan to do some parsing and action activation (similar to the melee/ranged entries) directly from these fields. And that isn't possible with formatted text.

Thanks for reporting. Added to the list - CR2.018.

When a creatures trait is CE (for chaotic evil), will it be parsed out to be both chaotic and evil when various effects are better or worse against said traits?
It will...

Some other questions:
Stunned got changed a bit. Curious as to how that Effect is being handled. I am guessing it's just a placeholder effect and the tracking will have to be done manually, including the attached value.

Haven't got to that yet...

In theory, to the best of my knowledge, there's no ongoing damage in PF2, only persistent damage - but I may have missed something.

At present, there's no difference in the ruleset - but I do plan to implement the flat DC 15 check to remove persistent damage, this won't be coded for ongoing damage.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 20:01
I noticed that you have the nice symbols in the spell descriptions under casting. However, on the Actions/Spells tab, we don't have those symbols translated to images to indication # of actions like we did with the [[a]], etc. (which, incidentally, still works if you put that in). Not a huge deal, but it was nice having that quick reference to actions required.
Yeah, I noticed that during testing. It's on my list - CR2.006. Thanks for reporting. :)

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 20:04
hello. The effects of the rune weapons are wrong, a +1 striking rune does not add a +1 to the damage instead gives +1 dice of the weapon .What he does now is simply +1 the attack and +1 the damage.
In addition the focus points do not go by any attribute. You start at 1 and add up to a maximum of 3 depending on the feats you are catching
Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue RS2.007.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 20:13
Welcome to the FG forums kaernunnos and Winter!!!

Thanks so much for reporting issues. It's great that your first posts on these forums are helping make this product better for everyone.

Logged as issue CR2.013.

I have been pouring through it and I am so ecstatic. Thank you so much for your hard work.

One thing I noticed, for the Herbalist Background, it says: Choose two ability Boosts. One must be to Constitution or Wisdom, and one is a free ability boost. When the pop up appears it gives me Dexterity and Wisdom.
And the Feat it automatically gives is the wrong one, it gave me 'Survey Wildlife' instead of Natural Medicine. Seems like it thought I was a Hunter background instead of the Herbalist. As it also gave me Hunting Lore.
Logged as issue CR2.015.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 20:17
Thanks to everyone who's taken time to report issues - it's very much appreciated!

I'm tracking issues with the Core Rules DLC here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZKssnOL3TDVy20HkFctvmyhQcKzf74OUY7Jv1Q2zELI/edit?usp=sharing (read only access).

And the underlying ruleset here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

We'll aim to get this fixes and updates done over the coming weeks.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us as we fine tune this huge product.

ShadeRaven
August 2nd, 2019, 22:00
Didn't see this in the Bug Tracker:

The bonus type "Status" is used quite often in the game, usually from spells and magic effects. It's currently not supported (IE: if you add a field for Inspire Courage, ATK: 1 status; DMG: 1 status; SAVE: 1 fear, the ATK and DAM don't go through; on the bright side, the trait lookup for fear does work so long as fear is in the trait field).

vegaserik
August 2nd, 2019, 23:35
See my post above here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-info-and-feedback&p=446975&viewfull=1#post446975

Amiri has 18 strength, so the speed penalty is 5 less (making it 0) and armor check penalty doesn’t apply. Thus the Paizo pregen is correct.

The quick work around is to manually change the armor penalties in the section in the bottom left of the inventory tab.

Ah ok, so I was looking at it from older editions :) I thought the strength score was the minimum to use, but it eliminates the penalties if you meet the score. That's good cause I thought it was a little extreme to be at -2 with crappy hide armor!!

ShadeRaven
August 3rd, 2019, 09:49
SKILL effect: When adding negative skills to the tracker, the effect does not take place. Positive boosts do work.

Example: Goblin Song gives SKILL: -1 perception to targets on success (along with a negative to will saves). I tested it for other skills, too, just to make sure it wasn't limited to just perception.

Mister Smith
August 3rd, 2019, 10:20
Hello All,

Great work Trenloe, This is a mammoth task and I thank you for it.

It doesn't look like Clumsy:1 effect is working properly. I tested it for the -1 to AC and it didn't apply.

Thanks again.

Skellan
August 3rd, 2019, 10:55
Good work Trenloe! Epic stuff

Noticed this small bug:

JaskoTheBear
August 3rd, 2019, 12:09
The 'Field Medic' background fails to add the 'Battle Medic' feat when dropped on to the character sheet.
In the feats list the feat is actually called 'Battle Medicine'

Talutha
August 3rd, 2019, 14:01
When the Herbalist background is added through the tracker it is offering Dex or Wisdom, should be Con or Wisdom. It also adds the Survey Wildlife feat instead of the Natural Medicine feat and trains in Hunting Lore instead of Herbalism lore.

Seems like its tied to the wrong background so hopefully its an easy enough change =).

Edit: This was already reported! I'll be sure to check the issue tracker before reporting in the future.

ShadeRaven
August 3rd, 2019, 14:55
Just noticed this as testing out some of the creatures and making some minor fixes:

All entries in the Ranged Attack section (for creatures) are coming up as [Attack (M)]. This includes all the range x feet, range increment x feet, and thrown x feet tags.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 15:41
Thanks to everyone who's reported issues. I've updated the issue tracker and will work on resolving these in future releases.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 15:49
I'm going to implement something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28216

ShadeRaven
August 3rd, 2019, 21:19
That would be beautiful!

shadelon
August 3rd, 2019, 23:30
So Mr Trenloe. Paizo just had their big announcement today. And i bet you must be cursing the gods for literally how much they have coming in the next year. :rofl: tell me, how do you feel about that?

mozmonar
August 4th, 2019, 02:49
The champion has references to deity weapons and bonus deity skills. I would guess clerics have similar things but have messed with them. It's extremely difficult to locate information on deities in FG. Have to hunt for them in the reference manual. Is there a chance of getting a list or link to them for character creation?

Vaeron
August 4th, 2019, 05:45
I can roll Initiative and combat from the respective character sheet tabs, but they don't seem to be communicating with the Combat Tracker. Characters I create show up in the Tracker without weapons (I have them marked equipped in the Actions tab under Preparation and Combat) and have +0 Initiative values (they should both have +6). When I click on the initiative button in the Tracker (just says 0) to see if I can change it manually it I get the message:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1123: attempt to index local 'sSkill' (a nil value)

Just to reiterate in a more concise way, weapons and initiative work when I roll straight from the character sheet but don't populate the Tracker. However, Initiatives rolled straight from the character sheet DO update the Initiative values in the Tracker itself.

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 06:01
Vaeron, that's interesting because I never thought to try it. In general, I believe the expectation is that things like weapon attacks, initiative, saves, etc., get rolled from character sheets. Those fields are there to make the DM's job easier when it comes to acting out creature (NPC) actions.

Regardless, though, I am sure Trenloe doesn't want error messages to come up when they are clicked on, even if there's no intention of having them filled from the character sheet.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:33
The champion has references to deity weapons and bonus deity skills. I would guess clerics have similar things but have messed with them. It's extremely difficult to locate information on deities in FG. Have to hunt for them in the reference manual. Is there a chance of getting a list or link to them for character creation?
Yeah, it is difficult at present. The only place Paizo gave that info is in Chapter 8 -> Religion. View that info in the reference manual.

We plan to go through the data and replace the "see page XX" entries with links to a relevant section. Logged as CR2.006 in the issue tracker. So this should help in the long run. In the meantime, please access via the reference manual entry mentioned above.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:47
I can roll Initiative and combat from the respective character sheet tabs, but they don't seem to be communicating with the Combat Tracker. Characters I create show up in the Tracker without weapons (I have them marked equipped in the Actions tab under Preparation and Combat) and have +0 Initiative values (they should both have +6). When I click on the initiative button in the Tracker (just says 0) to see if I can change it manually it I get the message:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1123: attempt to index local 'sSkill' (a nil value)

Just to reiterate in a more concise way, weapons and initiative work when I roll straight from the character sheet but don't populate the Tracker. However, Initiatives rolled straight from the character sheet DO update the Initiative values in the Tracker itself.
Thanks for reporting the error. This will occur until a future update adds the ability to specify the skill to use to roll for initiative in the combat tracker. Logged as issue CR2.018, I'll default that field to use the PC Perception for now.

So let me expand on how this all operates.

1) PC attacks have never shown in the combat tracker for previous ruleset and that won't change for PFRPG2 - the data is way too complex to display simply in the combat tracker. Hence why there is not an "Atk" entry for PCs. Attack entries in the combat tracker are limited to NPC. GMs will rarely need to roll PC attacks. But if they do, they can open the PC sheet (link on the CT) and roll from there.
2) Initiative rolls from the PC sheet will only operate fully if rolled from the "Initiative" section of the main tab. Currently this covers just perception and stealth - but you have to roll from this section on the main tab, otherwise FG won't know that the "skill" roll is actually an initiative roll. As mentioned above, there will be future functionality to allow other skills to be used for initiative.
3) If you need to use other skills for initiative, have the players roll their skill checks (with any modifiers for Initiative checks added to the modifier box before rolling). Then the GM can manually add their roll results from the chat window to the main "Init" box (to the right of their name, to the left of the HP box) in the PC combat tracker entry - just click on the number field and type in the init value required. I know this is a bit of a pain, especially with lots of PCs, but the amount of times that you don't use perception or stealth for initiative is low, and you only have to do this once per combat.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:49
So Mr Trenloe. Paizo just had their big announcement today. And i bet you must be cursing the gods for literally how much they have coming in the next year. :rofl: tell me, how do you feel about that?
Yeah, we've seen the pipeline for a while. Once we get over the initial hump of Core Rules, ruleset, Bestiary, Lost Omens World Guide, etc. then we should be good. It's just going to be a bit crazy for a while. I'm excited - kind-of... :)

lostsanityreturned
August 4th, 2019, 16:57
Reference Module
The wizard kit has a "sta" as a weapon instead of a staff.

Equipment
I am pretty certain that Torches are L per torch, not L for 10. Mark has already clarified that an adventurer's kit should be 1 Bulk and if you don't count each torch as L an adventuer's kit comes to 6L instead of 1B.
Regardless of waiting for an official paizo response it means that the adventurer's kit effectively has three listed weights in FG atm :P

Waterskin their description states that when full they are 1 B, not necessarily a mistake but "waterskin (empty)" and "waterskin (full)" might be worth listing.

Also, all of the weights and costs for the class kits are off, but that isn't a FG issue. But might be something worth considering when implementing them so users of FG don't get confused.

PS. Goodluck Trenloe, this is a big job ahead of you O.o

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 18:20
Reference Module
The wizard kit has a "sta" as a weapon instead of a staff.
CR2.026. Fixed in next release.

Equipment
I am pretty certain that Torches are L per torch, not L for 10.
CR2.027. Fixed in next release.

Mark has already clarified that an adventurer's kit should be 1 Bulk and if you don't count each torch as L an adventuer's kit comes to 6L instead of 1B.
Regardless of waiting for an official paizo response it means that the adventurer's kit effectively has three listed weights in FG atm :P
Logged as CR2.029. We'll wait for an official Paizo response on this.

Waterskin their description states that when full they are 1 B, not necessarily a mistake but "waterskin (empty)" and "waterskin (full)" might be worth listing.
Good idea. Logged as CR2.028. Added to next release.

Also, all of the weights and costs for the class kits are off, but that isn't a FG issue. But might be something worth considering when implementing them so users of FG don't get confused.
Logged as CR2.010.

PS. Goodluck Trenloe, this is a big job ahead of you O.o
Thanks! There is a lot to do. But with the help of the community we'll get there! :)

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 19:53
Bit of a muddy one here...

There are a lot of spells that work "until end of next turn" and "until start of next turn". It looks like the default is the start of next turn. I don't see anything that lets us extend that feature until the end of a turn cycle instead.

Now to make things a little worse, I also found in testing that if two creatures have the same initiative score, an effect that's set to end at the start of the next turn will end at the first instance of that initiative point. An example is if an orc warchief did a battle cry at initiative 16 and an orc scout was also at initiative 16 but in front of them on the CT, the scout wouldn't get the battle cry boost because it ended at the start of that initiative # with the scout.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 20:00
Bit of a muddy one here...

There are a lot of spells that work "until end of next turn" and "until start of next turn". It looks like the default is the start of next turn. I don't see anything that lets us extend that feature until the end of a turn cycle instead.

Now to make things a little worse, I also found in testing that if two creatures have the same initiative score, an effect that's set to end at the start of the next turn will end at the first instance of that initiative point. An example is if an orc warchief did a battle cry at initiative 16 and an orc scout was also at initiative 16 but in front of them on the CT, the scout wouldn't get the battle cry boost because it ended at the start of that initiative # with the scout.
It's certainly an "interesting" piece of functionality. I've been thinking about how to do this accurately but without completely overhauling the default FG effect subsystem. I have some ideas, but it will be a few versions down the road when it gets implemented...

Logged as issue RS2.019.

There's a work around for some edge cases - for end of turn, change the "Initiative to adjust on" field to be 0.1 less than the actor's initiative. For example if the actor goes on init = 10, change the effect to end on init = 9.9. This won't work for actors all on the same initiative though...

ShadeRaven
August 4th, 2019, 20:05
Another thing I came across...but not sure if it's a real issue or just how it highlights on mouseover.

If a creature has a two word trait, typically as in a racial name (Sea Devil), it looks like it might parse it out as each one separate, at least it's highlighted as such (e.g. "Sea" and "Devil").

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 20:21
If a creature has a two word trait, typically as in a racial name (Sea Devil), it looks like it might parse it out as each one separate, at least it's highlighted as such (e.g. "Sea" and "Devil").
That's the first trait I've seen that has a space in it.

I'd changed the PF2 code to use spaces to separate traits (the playtest code used commas) as it was better for readability of trait entries (IMO) and I hadn't found any two word traits. But, looks like I may have to go back and change back to commas. Great...

Sort term work around - enter it as "Sea-Devil".

Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.020.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 22:22
This has been updated in the next release.

If a weapon has the striking rune ("striking" is in the weapon "properties" field) then damage dice will be added equal to the weapon bonus.

Details on traits and properties of items in the PFRPG ruleset are available in the Wiki -> User guides here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet#PFRPG2_Item_Sheet

Dr0W
August 5th, 2019, 01:59
I didn't see it reported here, nor in the doc file:

The Rogue and Wizard classes have their Skills Trained set as 0 + Intelligence Modifier.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 02:27
I didn't see it reported here, nor in the doc file:

The Rogue and Wizard classes have their Skills Trained set as 0 + Intelligence Modifier.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.031. This will be fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 04:42
We've worked through fixing a few issues over the weekend. See if the Google sheet linked in post #2 for fixes. These should go out with the usual product on Tuesday. Thanks to @damned for getting a lot of things updated.

Roboconn
August 5th, 2019, 12:46
Just started my Rise of the Runelords 2e campaign and it was blast. Noticed that elixer of life, minor was listing it healing as 1d6+1 and elixer of life, lesser is showing 3d6+3 when it should be the other way around. A way to add alchemist formulas to a spell list and integrate automation for them with out manual entry would be great down the road but its easily entered manually for now. Focus points seem to not be calculating correctly as well.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 16:03
Thanks for reporting Roboconn.

Just started my Rise of the Runelords 2e campaign and it was blast. Noticed that elixer of life, minor was listing it healing as 1d6+1 and elixer of life, lesser is showing 3d6+3 when it should be the other way around.
On page 548 of the Core Rules, the minor elixir of life is level 1, heals 1d6; lesser elixir is level 5, heals 3d6+6. This is what the two items in FG indicate.

However, the Elixirs in the Equipment Chapter (page 292) list the lesser Elixir incorrectly. This might be what's causing confusion.

A way to add alchemist formulas to a spell list and integrate automation for them with out manual entry would be great down the road but its easily entered manually for now.
See RS2.002 in the ruleset bug tracker. Link here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-RFPRG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=446769&viewfull=1#post446769

Focus points seem to not be calculating correctly as well.
Thanks for reporting. See RS2.017.

Roboconn
August 5th, 2019, 16:58
Yes, that is confusing for the elixirs and probably a typo on paizo's part. Page 543 also has elixir of life, lesser listed at the level 1 formula. That would also make it the same eqivilant name as all other level 1 formulas. Guess we'll have to wait for a FAQ.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 17:04
Yes, that is confusing for the elixirs and probably a typo on paizo's part.
There are quite a few typos/contradictions in Chapter 6. Listing the Minor Healing Potion as 3gp, whereas it's 4GP in the Treasures chapter. Plus the class kits need revising for bulk, to name but two...

age 543 also has elixir of life, lesser listed at the level 1 formula.
That table (Table 11-2) also lists the "Elixir of life, lesser" at level 5.

That would also make it the same equivalent name as all other level 1 formulas. Guess we'll have to wait for a FAQ.
Yeah, I was a little annoyed that they'd changed the name of the lowest level item to minor for this (and a couple of others - healing potion and sturdy shield).

Hopefully we'll get some clarification from Paizo soon...

Skellan
August 5th, 2019, 17:23
A few typos

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 17:51
A few typos
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.032 and fixed in next release. I found a few more issues with single and doubles f's.

DevilDraco
August 5th, 2019, 18:03
I noticed that skills and some spells in the PF2E rules go against an enemies DC rather than having them make a competing roll. However there is no way (that I know of) to have a spell or skill do this. I don't know if you already have plans on setting up a way to do this, but I wanted to point it out in case. :) It seems like a relevant thing that will come into play a LOT especially when it comes to skill checks.

Examples of what I mean:

The Black Tentacles spell attempts to grapple each enemy in the area, it has you make a spell attack roll against their Fortitude DC. If you make a spell attack roll currently, it will always be against their AC, if you set it as a DC then it makes them roll a save against it. However the way this spell is apparently supposed to work is by you making the spell attack roll and having to beat their Fortitude DC which is 10 + their fortitude save.

Regular grapple is a similar situation and requires an athletics check vs. their fortitude DC.

Some relevant pages and sections regarding this sort of thing in case you wanted to look, in the CRB: Grapple is on page 242 in CRB, Black Tentacles is on page 321,

Page 445 where it says Calculating DCs, it makes a point to say that when someone makes a check against a target, instead of rolling against each other, the one competing rolls against a fixed DC of the targets relevant statistic which is 10 + the total mods for that statistic. (Also says this on page 234 near the bottom of Skill Checks and Skill DC's).

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:07
I noticed that skills and some spells in the PF2E rules go against an enemies DC rather than having them make a competing roll. However there is no way (that I know of) to have a spell or skill do this. I don't know if you already have plans on setting up a way to do this, but I wanted to point it out in case. :) It seems like a relevant thing that will come into play a LOT especially when it comes to skill checks.

Examples of what I mean:

The Black Tentacles spell attempts to grapple each enemy in the area, it has you make a spell attack roll against their Fortitude DC. If you make a spell attack roll currently, it will always be against their AC, if you set it as a DC then it makes them roll a save against it. However the way this spell is apparently supposed to work is by you making the spell attack roll and having to beat their Fortitude DC which is 10 + their fortitude save.

Regular grapple is a similar situation and requires an athletics check vs. their fortitude DC.

Some relevant pages and sections regarding this sort of thing in case you wanted to look, in the CRB: Grapple is on page 242 in CRB, Black Tentacles is on page 321,

Page 445 where it says Calculating DCs, it makes a point to say that when someone makes a check against a target, instead of rolling against each other, the one competing rolls against a fixed DC of the targets relevant statistic which is 10 + the total mods for that statistic. (Also says this on page 234 near the bottom of Skill Checks and Skill DC's).
Welcome to the FG forums!

Yep, spell attacks vs. DCs other than AC will need to be coded into the PFRPG2 ruleset.

DevilDraco
August 5th, 2019, 18:09
Thanks. :) Yeah, I'm not sure how common that is but that spell for sure has it, lol.

The skill check one will probably come up a lot more often since as it seems reasonably common for such checks to be made in battle for inflicting conditions.

UltimateGM
August 5th, 2019, 21:09
I'm going to implement something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28216

I LOVE that!

Dr0W
August 5th, 2019, 22:44
Druid Class: Weapon proficiency lists Simple Weapons and Scimitar. My PDF doesn't list Scimitar.

Also, on the table it lists 4 Cantrips, my PDF also says that, but the Primal Spellcasting says Five cantrips. So maybe there's an errata about that? (The brazilian official PDF lists the table having 5 cantrips)

stephan_
August 5th, 2019, 23:02
Weird bug:

After building a module with images/maps and importing the module into another campaign the players were not able to load any images (all of them a few kb). The issue could only be resolved by copying the images into the campaign folder. The module was built using the playtest mods.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 23:34
After building a module with images/maps and importing the module into another campaign the players were not able to load any images (all of them a few kb). The issue could only be resolved by copying the images into the campaign folder. The module was built using the playtest mods.
I haven't seen that before. A bit more info please:

What settings did you use to export the module?
Did you select "Player Module?" or "Read Only?" ??
Could the players open the module at all? If so, what did they actually see?

stephan_
August 5th, 2019, 23:45
Neither "Read Only" nor "Player Module" was selected, Images/Maps was selected in the export window.

The image was pushed to the players using "Share sheet" (some images were preloaded).

I was able to see the image using a second instance (even using the alias), four players were not able to see the image. I created an empty campaign with only the exported module loaded but it didn't make a difference. Only copying the images into the directory worked (there were no portraits indicating who could see the image however as far as I remember but I could be wrong).

Players reported they "could not see" the image, I'd have to ask what specifically was displayed.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 23:52
Druid Class: Weapon proficiency lists Simple Weapons and Scimitar. My PDF doesn't list Scimitar.
Thanks for reporting. Looks like we have a unwelcome guest from the playtest. Logged as CR2.034 - fixed in next release.

Also, on the table it lists 4 Cantrips, my PDF also says that, but the Primal Spellcasting says Five cantrips. So maybe there's an errata about that? (The brazilian official PDF lists the table having 5 cantrips)
Thanks for the heads up. We'll wait for official guidance from Paizo. Logged as CR2.035.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 23:59
Neither "Read Only" nor "Player Module" was selected, Images/Maps was selected in the export window.

The image was pushed to the players using "Share sheet" (some images were preloaded).

I was able to see the image using a second instance (even using the alias), four players were not able to see the image. I created an empty campaign with only the exported module loaded but it didn't make a difference. Only copying the images into the directory worked (there were no portraits indicating who could see the image however as far as I remember but I could be wrong).

Players reported they "could not see" the image, I'd have to ask what specifically was displayed.
I've seen some issues recently where the module appeared to be downloaded (there was a .dat file in the player cache) but wouldn't open in the library. I wonder if this is related.

You can try getting on of the players to exit the game, clear their cache and re-join and see if that makes a difference.

Also, does the GM see the shared Public icon (P) appear next to the image in the campaign data list?

Dr0W
August 6th, 2019, 00:22
Cleric Class: Alertness and Weapon Specialization received at level 1, when it should be received at level 3 and 13 respectivelly.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 00:26
Cleric Class: Alertness and Weapon Specialization received at level 1, when it should be received at level 3 and 13 respectivelly.
Thanks for reporting. Fixed Alertness to be level 5 (as per the PDF), and Weapon Specialization to be 13. CR2.036.

Dr0W
August 6th, 2019, 01:40
Thanks for reporting. Fixed Alertness to be level 5 (as per the PDF), and Weapon Specialization to be 13. CR2.036.

Exatly what I meant, level 5.

I was totally not bamboozled by that "3rd-level..." in the beggining of the line...

Ap0th1x
August 6th, 2019, 02:06

Yep, Giant Instinct seems to be missing from the list.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 02:21
Yep, Giant Instinct seems to be missing from the list.

Yes indeed. This has been logged as CR2.013 (see the link in post #2 to the issue tracking spreadsheet). Fixed in next release.

Alex Craft
August 6th, 2019, 07:18
noticed that the level/xp in the encounter seems to be broken, it doesn't seem to be calculating at all, but when it does, it spits out way too much xp

stephan_
August 6th, 2019, 08:05
You can try getting on of the players to exit the game, clear their cache and re-join and see if that makes a difference.

Also, does the GM see the shared Public icon (P) appear next to the image in the campaign data list?

We did not try clearing the cache but we tried creating an empty campaign and sharing the image again, which did not work.

If I remember correctly, it did show the (P) icon.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 15:02
noticed that the level/xp in the encounter seems to be broken, it doesn't seem to be calculating at all, but when it does, it spits out way too much xp
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-RFPRG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=447596&viewfull=1#post447596

Dr0W
August 7th, 2019, 03:41
That's the first trait I've seen that has a space in it.

I'd changed the PF2 code to use spaces to separate traits (the playtest code used commas) as it was better for readability of trait entries (IMO) and I hadn't found any two word traits. But, looks like I may have to go back and change back to commas. Great...

Sort term work around - enter it as "Sea-Devil".

Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.020.

Just so that you know, the brazilian edition has some traits with spaces in it, "Cantrip" is "Truque Mágico" for example. And maybe in the future they will include more. Better be ready for them!

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 03:52
Just so that you know, the brazilian edition has some traits with spaces in it, "Cantrip" is "Truque Mágico" for example. And maybe in the future they will include more. Better be ready for them!
Thanks for the info. That's decided then - I'll have to switch back to commas.

darrenan
August 7th, 2019, 06:16
Ok, commas is what I'm currently using in the parser.

lostsanityreturned
August 7th, 2019, 09:42
Monsters / NPCs should have multiple attack penalities built into their stat blocks (calculating for agile)

Because FG auto applies crits (with crit successes and failures being far more frequent) and adjusting the modifier stack manually slows the game down significantly the only current solution of merit is to drag across custom effects. And that is also quite slow.

Currently I am rolling the first attack as targeted and the second and third attacks just into the chat window for speed and doing the math in my head. But people picking it up in FG without knowing how best to solve this will have a rough time.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 12:52
Monsters / NPCs should have multiple attack penalities built into their stat blocks (calculating for agile)

Because FG auto applies crits (with crit successes and failures being far more frequent) and adjusting the modifier stack manually slows the game down significantly the only current solution of merit is to drag across custom effects. And that is also quite slow.

Currently I am rolling the first attack as targeted and the second and third attacks just into the chat window for speed and doing the math in my head. But people picking it up in FG without knowing how best to solve this will have a rough time.
Discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-RFPRG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=447501&viewfull=1#post447501 and a few posts after.

Ap0th1x
August 7th, 2019, 14:09
Does FG update the rulesets/app on a set schedule or are updates just released as they are available?

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 14:10
Does FG update the rulesets/app on a set schedule or are updates just released as they are available?
Usually Tuesday. Check in the City Hall subforum for release announcements.

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2019, 19:16
So I have been noticing a lot of (especially breath weapon) mobs have a "cooldown" timer on some of their powers. 1d4 rounds, 1d6 rounds, etc. For now, I decided the easiest thing is to just set up an EFFECT with Breath Cooldown (for example) with a randomizer set in it's # of rounds. Curious, though, if you've thought about putting in anything more elegant and visual?

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 19:18
Curious, though, if you've thought about putting in anything more elegant and visual?
Yes.

There's similar functionality in 5E and I'm looking at how to bring that in, at some point.

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2019, 21:54
That'll be great.. for now, the effect will hold us over.

I must admit, started taking a look at the LUA programming. Last time I did any serious programming was when I worked on the Neverwinter Nights team - so, yeah, like 16 years ago since I did anything hardcore. I am a little tempted to do something to automate the Poison/Disease stage tracking/saves routine, but not sure that's not already on the agenda for you guys. Not to mention, it wouldn't be a small project to take on to start. :p

And let's face it, still trying to finish the Bestiary (almost through CR6) and offer some PF2 modules out here to get people some playable content to dabble in...

Look at all the code, though.. definitely reminded me of how much of a challenge and rewarding to get into the nuts and bolts can be.

I appreciate the effort you and others have done!

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 23:06
I am a little tempted to do something to automate the Poison/Disease stage tracking/saves routine, but not sure that's not already on the agenda for you guys.
Yeah, it's on the long list. Pretty core to PF2.

Roboconn
August 8th, 2019, 16:39
Noticed a few things in the Barbarian feats. Swipe feat text is mixed with Raging Athletics, Dragon Breath feat text is mixed with Cleave, Furious Sprint feat text is mixed with Come and Get Me, Perfect Clarity feat text is mixed with Vicious Evisceration, Whirlwind strike feat text is mixed with Vengeful Strike.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:50
Noticed a few things in the Barbarian feats. Swipe feat text is mixed with Raging Athletics, Dragon Breath feat text is mixed with Cleave, Furious Sprint feat text is mixed with Come and Get Me, Perfect Clarity feat text is mixed with Vicious Evisceration, Whirlwind strike feat text is mixed with Vengeful Strike.
Thanks for reporting. Found it. Logged as CR2.037.

Found a couple of rogue and sorcerer feats as well - the Paizo action icon text had two actions (incorrect text), which caused the parse to fail.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 02:10
The wizard has a spell class for focus spells that was just created when the character was created. The cleric has 2 focus spells, but doesn't have a focus spell class and I can't find a way to create one manually. I can only choose between prepared and spontaneous if I make a new blank spell class.
Adding a Cleric class to a PC doesn't automatically add a Focus spell class in FG as not all Clerics get Focus spells - you need to take class feats to get them.

You can add a Focus Spell class through the usual edit buttons at the bottom of the actions tab - click the brown / button and then click the blue "F" button.

darrenan
August 9th, 2019, 16:43
Should this discussion be moved to the ruleset thread?

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 16:48
Should this discussion be moved to the ruleset thread?
Yes, it should - and has been moved.

It's great that people are reporting issues and discussing using the PFRPG2 ruleset - but can we please mention issues in the appropriate thread - there are currently 2 sticky threads, one for the Core Rules module (this is the DLC you've purchased) and another for the PFRPG2 ruleset.

robert4818
August 9th, 2019, 18:30
I built a character last night. Feedback:

1. I didn't see a "class" for Ancestries with innate spellcasting. I felt like I had to shoe-horn in one. It would be useful for there to be an "innate" spellcasting class on the abilities tab for this sort of thing.
2. If there is supposed to be a place for Alchemists to record their formulas, I didn't see it or find it.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 20:20
2. If there is supposed to be a place for Alchemists to record their formulas, I didn't see it or find it.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50374-Alchemist-Mutagens-how-to-handle&p=448124&highlight=formulas#post448124

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 21:14
1. I didn't see a "class" for Ancestries with innate spellcasting. I felt like I had to shoe-horn in one. It would be useful for there to be an "innate" spellcasting class on the abilities tab for this sort of thing.
Revisiting this after I've done a little reading.

Innate spells aren't handled any differently than other spells in Fantasy Grounds. Just add a new spell section to the actions tab of your character and populate the relevant data. This is something you'll need to do manually if you select an Ancestry Heritage that has innate spells (e.g Seer Elf, Fey-Touched Gnome or Wellspring Gnome).

Ckorik
August 10th, 2019, 18:46
adding background 'field medic' resulted in !!! Failed to add Background Feat 'Battle Medic' to " - Feat record not found - the feat is called 'Battle Medicine' so I think this is just a typo in the logic.

Ckorik
August 10th, 2019, 18:49
Going to agree with the previous posters - the +++ is workable - but it would be super nice if they were in a *separate window* with even a checklist you could 'click' to validate to yourself that it was done

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 18:51
adding background 'field medic' resulted in !!! Failed to add Background Feat 'Battle Medic' to " - Feat record not found - the feat is called 'Battle Medicine' so I think this is just a typo in the logic.
I could have sworn that was fixed in the last release. Obviously not. This was logged as CR2.024.

Thanks for reporting - this *will* be fixed in the next release.

Ckorik
August 10th, 2019, 18:58
Yep - v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) so to the best of my knowledge it's up to date. Given Paizo's commitment to clerics requiring deities - and the mechanics behind them - is there any thought to having this as a 'category' like spells or abilities - would make it easy to reference on character building and ease plugging in additions as they come - PF1 ended up with ... a huge list and I feel like that trend will continue.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 19:00
Given Paizo's commitment to clerics requiring deities - and the mechanics behind them - is there any thought to having this as a 'category' like spells or abilities - would make it easy to reference on character building and ease plugging in additions as they come - PF1 ended up with ... a huge list and I feel like that trend will continue.
I'm waiting until I see Lost Omens Gods & Magic (https://paizo.com/products/btq01zqa?Pathfinder-Lost-Omens-Gods-Magic) before I make any decisions on what I'm going to do about that.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 19:02
Yep - v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) so to the best of my knowledge it's up to date.
That's the base ruleset version, not the version of the Core Rules module data. You can get the data version from the Core Rules reference manual -> Credits and Legal -> Module Versioning.

Ckorik
August 10th, 2019, 19:24
Version 1.02 release aug 6th 2019 - I bought and downloaded this morning.

Ckorik
August 10th, 2019, 20:35
When modifying the attack action for a spell (example: Divine cantrip - divine lance - ranged spell attack) there is no 'spell attack' mod - the 'Base' is being determined by something I can't quite figure out - as it resulted in a +5 for a ranged attack (dex +2, ranged bonus +2) - my spell attack was a +7. Spell attack seems common enough the attack type should be present. This is just a minor thing at the moment as you can work around it with static bonuses.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 22:20
When modifying the attack action for a spell (example: Divine cantrip - divine lance - ranged spell attack) there is no 'spell attack' mod - the 'Base' is being determined by something I can't quite figure out - as it resulted in a +5 for a ranged attack (dex +2, ranged bonus +2) - my spell attack was a +7.
Open up the Spell/Ability use window for the spell attack (click the magnifying glass) and set the "Attack Type" to ranged and the "Stat" to your casting stat. The attack will then use your casting state bonus and the proficiency bonus from your spell roll section (in the header of the spell section).

At some point I'll change the M Touch and R Touch attack types to be Spell Melee and Spell Ranged attacks which will use the modifiers from the spell header. For now, do as described above.

robert4818
August 11th, 2019, 01:18
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50374-Alchemist-Mutagens-how-to-handle&p=448124&highlight=formulas#post448124

Revisiting this after I've done a little reading.

Innate spells aren't handled any differently than other spells in Fantasy Grounds. Just add a new spell section to the actions tab of your character and populate the relevant data. This is something you'll need to do manually if you select an Ancestry Heritage that has innate spells (e.g Seer Elf, Fey-Touched Gnome or Wellspring Gnome).

For both of these, I feel that the answer shouldn't be "there is a way to hack it in".

I get that there are workarounds. However, a workaround creates confusion instead of clarity.

I found a way to hack in my innate cantrip using one of the existing set-ups. But when trying to create my character it was confusing trying to decide which was the way to do it.

The same with alchemy formulas. Just because there's a way to "push" it in, doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a natural place for it.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2019, 03:33
It’s on his list to do for goodness sake. Remember, the ruleset was available day 1 of launch and he only got the final rules about 30 days before launch. He has said he will fix it! Give Trenloe and SW a little break.

Ckorik
August 11th, 2019, 04:14
typo - reference manual - section: Animal companions and familiars

Entry Badger: under Support Benefit: 3rd line: "difficult terrain" missing letters

If I'm offending you Trenlo please let me know I thought this thread was in the spirit of working out the bugs and I'm only trying to help.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 05:14
typo - reference manual - section: Animal companions and familiars

Entry Badger: under Support Benefit: 3rd line: "difficult terrain" missing letters
Thanks for reporting. Fixed in the next release.

If I'm offending you Trenlo please let me know I thought this thread was in the spirit of working out the bugs and I'm only trying to help.
Not at all. I appreciate the bug spotting and feedback. :)

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 05:29
For both of these, I feel that the answer shouldn't be "there is a way to hack it in".

I get that there are workarounds. However, a workaround creates confusion instead of clarity.

I found a way to hack in my innate cantrip using one of the existing set-ups. But when trying to create my character it was confusing trying to decide which was the way to do it.

The same with alchemy formulas. Just because there's a way to "push" it in, doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a natural place for it.
As has been mentioned elsewhere, there are lots planned and there are only so many hours in the day. There was an incredibly tight timeline to get anything at all out for this on release, and we're playing catch up - and will be for months.

I appreciate constructive feedback, and I also very much appreciate support and patience. When I give work arounds, it's to allow users to do stuff now, it is not necessarily the long term functionality goal.

Having said that, you quote me about innate spells and saying they're a hack is completely inaccurate. That is the way to do it (any spells), add another spell section to your actions tab and fill it in. What is a hack about that? The fact that you have to spend 2 seconds adding a new spell section?

So, to clarify the two ssues you mention - there will be something for formulas down the line. At present there is a way to do it that will allow you to track formulas, enter actions, attacks, damage, number prepared, etc.. Really the only thing that's missing here is the ability to drag/drop items into the formula slots. That will come - in the meantime do it manually. For most that's not a "hack" as you describe it.

For innate spells, very little will change in the future from what it is now - it works fine, it's spells, and that's what that section on the actions tab was originally designed for.

My final comment - if you're expecting Fantasy Grounds to be a 100% accurate character generator then you're sorely mistaken. FG aids in entering characters to play online - and I've worked hard to make that easier for people (I recommend you look at creating a character in the Pathfinder 1e ruleset and see how many advances have been made in PFRPG2). But the FG PFRPG2 ruleset will never automate all of the character creation - never. There are already over 800 feats - there's no way to realistically code for each eventuality of those feats, let alone all the many feats that will appear in future products. Not to mention all of the ancestries and heritages that will be coming out in future. I recommend you accept that you will always have to fine tune your PC manually in FG - know the rules (open up the reference manual and follow along in the relevant sections) and make sure your PC is correct and you have any automation/actions you want setup yourself.

robert4818
August 11th, 2019, 10:51

As has been mentioned elsewhere, there are lots planned and there are only so many hours in the day. There was an incredibly tight timeline to get anything at all out for this on release, and we're playing catch up - and will be for months.

I appreciate constructive feedback, and I also very much appreciate support and patience. When I give work arounds, it's to allow users to do stuff now, it is not necessarily the long term functionality goal.

Having said that, you quote me about innate spells and saying they're a hack is completely inaccurate. That is the way to do it (any spells), add another spell section to your actions tab and fill it in. What is a hack about that? The fact that you have to spend 2 seconds adding a new spell section?

So, to clarify the two ssues you mention - there will be something for formulas down the line. At present there is a way to do it that will allow you to track formulas, enter actions, attacks, damage, number prepared, etc.. Really the only thing that's missing here is the ability to drag/drop items into the formula slots. That will come - in the meantime do it manually. For most that's not a "hack" as you describe it.

For innate spells, very little will change in the future from what it is now - it works fine, it's spells, and that's what that section on the actions tab was originally designed for.

My final comment - if you're expecting Fantasy Grounds to be a 100% accurate character generator then you're sorely mistaken. FG aids in entering characters to play online - and I've worked hard to make that easier for people (I recommend you look at creating a character in the Pathfinder 1e ruleset and see how many advances have been made in PFRPG2). But the FG PFRPG2 ruleset will never automate all of the character creation - never. There are already over 800 feats - there's no way to realistically code for each eventuality of those feats, let alone all the many feats that will appear in future products. Not to mention all of the ancestries and heritages that will be coming out in future. I recommend you accept that you will always have to fine tune your PC manually in FG - know the rules (open up the reference manual and follow along in the relevant sections) and make sure your PC is correct and you have any automation/actions you want setup yourself.

Let me explain my issue then. Let's assume that since the ruleset is very new, I am a new player, and new to creating characters in pathfinder.

I've chosen to create a character with innate spellcasting, like a fey-touched gnome.

I've looked up online how to add spells. So I go to the action tab to add a new spellcasting class. Now I go to the top left corner where the book icon is. I can click on it. It gives me two options: Spontaneous Spellcaster (sorcerer) and Prepared Spellcaster (Wizard). I'm new to the system, so I'm sitting here going I don't know where to put my innate spell, as I'm not an spontaneous or prepared spellcaster. MY magic is Innate. From a black box perspective, I don't know if that choice in the corner is important. All I know is that there's no obvious place to put my spell. Ok, I guess I'm close enough to a spontaneous caster, so why don't I just put it in there. I hope it doesn't cause me problems later.

What I'm asking for is for that top right hand corner to simply have a 3rd Icon that says "Innate (Racial)". That way they don't feel confused, and spend their time trying to look for a spot that just doesn't exist.

damned
August 11th, 2019, 11:24
We are all new to Pathfinder 2 - not just to Pathfinder 2 on Fantasy Grounds.
Your final description was much clearer so lets see what comes of it.
New eyes and new perspectives are always valuable one way or another.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2019, 12:43
What I'm asking for is for that top right hand corner to simply have a 3rd Icon that says "Innate (Racial)". That way they don't feel confused, and spend their time trying to look for a spot that just doesn't exist.
Thank you, that’s much clearer and helpful. Constructive, clear what you’re looking for and not antagonistic like your first approach to this issue.

I’ll add it to the list of possible future changes.

Thanks.

yarnevk
August 11th, 2019, 20:09
Going to agree with the previous posters - the +++ is workable - but it would be super nice if they were in a *separate window* with even a checklist you could 'click' to validate to yourself that it was done

Agreed as well.

It does all the work to track the source of your abilities, and keep track of that even if you go back and change things during creation. This was important for PF2e since they distributed how you get abilities compared to legacy methods and you have to make sure each source is choosing unique abilities (tracker is useful for GMs to easily check your munchkin is not cheated) Not as simple as roll then bump for race.

So this gives the expectation that it will also do that for skills because like abilities they also come from various sources. On some skills you have to track the source, for example it may say choose a skill at start and that skill will also train to master for free later on.

So you end up using the notes page to track your skill assignments because you cannot even drag them into the tracker for it to record when you trained something, yet you do use the tracker to track your abilities. You cannot change the names on the skill page to something like Skill (Source) because you cannot edit the base skills, and if you add that skill with that name for tracking purposes then dragon link to the skill no longer works. So you end up doing lots of confusing flipping between your notes page and your skill page.

It should really be renamed Ability Tracker if it is not in the design intent/capability for it to track skills. Because it is called Tracker people are expecting it to also be a Skill Tracker. A Skill Tracker would be very useful for GMs to double check how the skill monkey managed to get all the skills.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2019, 20:26
Trenloe has described his future intents. Not even 5e has this level of character creation tracking, so it is evolving. All your concerns are valid. But Trenloe will tweak this going forward as time and priorities permit. Hang in there. I guarantee he is listening.
And Trenloe, forgive us for not taking the time to brag about all that you have accomplished. That is not the purpose of this thread but you know I think how much everyone appreciates all you have done to get us here.

ShadeRaven
August 11th, 2019, 23:36
And Trenloe, forgive us for not taking the time to brag about all that you have accomplished. That is not the purpose of this thread but you know I think how much everyone appreciates all you have done to get us here.I wholeheartedly agree! All of my work has been inspired and possible because of his efforts here! I made sure to add my appreciation in my acknowledgments for the Bestiary and the module I plan on throwing out here for people to have a little more content to toy around in.

His dedication to this project has been impressive and the completed work has been top notch. We are lucky to have him here on PF2.

Trenloe
August 12th, 2019, 02:12
Agreed as well.

It does all the work to track the source of your abilities, and keep track of that even if you go back and change things during creation. This was important for PF2e since they distributed how you get abilities compared to legacy methods and you have to make sure each source is choosing unique abilities (tracker is useful for GMs to easily check your munchkin is not cheated) Not as simple as roll then bump for race.

So this gives the expectation that it will also do that for skills because like abilities they also come from various sources. On some skills you have to track the source, for example it may say choose a skill at start and that skill will also train to master for free later on.

So you end up using the notes page to track your skill assignments because you cannot even drag them into the tracker for it to record when you trained something, yet you do use the tracker to track your abilities. You cannot change the names on the skill page to something like Skill (Source) because you cannot edit the base skills, and if you add that skill with that name for tracking purposes then dragon link to the skill no longer works. So you end up doing lots of confusing flipping between your notes page and your skill page.

It should really be renamed Ability Tracker if it is not in the design intent/capability for it to track skills. Because it is called Tracker people are expecting it to also be a Skill Tracker. A Skill Tracker would be very useful for GMs to double check how the skill monkey managed to get all the skills.
There are various changes/improvements for the chargen tracker - see the ruleset thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development Please try to log issues/discussions with the base ruleset functionality in that thread. Thanks. This thread is for specific issues with the Core Rules DLC.

Gwydion
August 12th, 2019, 13:13
Trenloe. I think I know the answer to this but thought I would ask. I did my purchases totally backward. I purchased the hardcover book at a discount (no pdf) from a third party and then I paid for the FG ruleset. I'm assuming given these facts if I really want the pdf I won't get a discount for it at Paizo even with paying the full FG price. Is that correct as far as you know? I do have my account linked and went to check out at Paizo for the pdf and I didn't see a discount. Given I purchased the hardback at a discount that kind of makes sense. I'll probably spring the extra $14.99 as I'm all in anyway! Just thought I would check. Thanks

Bidmaron
August 12th, 2019, 13:29
You should subscribe if you are all in. It won’t help your current problem (because you are correct there is no discount for hard copies purchased anywhere except Paizo). But at least in the future you will get hard copies at 15% discount and a big discount on your FG purchases by the cost of the PDF.

Talyn
August 12th, 2019, 13:34
If you paid for the Core Rulebook DLC (the ruleset itself is free) and have your account synched, that would give you the PDF added to your Paizo account. Buying the hardback from a third-party doesn't do anything since Paizo can't log that to your account.

Unless they've fixed the subscription over the past couple days, that isn't an option yet unless you're willing to have your first book be a Pathfinder 1E hardback.

Gwydion
August 12th, 2019, 13:47
If you paid for the Core Rulebook DLC (the ruleset itself is free) and have your account synched, that would give you the PDF added to your Paizo account. Buying the hardback from a third-party doesn't do anything since Paizo can't log that to your account.

Unless they've fixed the subscription over the past couple days, that isn't an option yet unless you're willing to have your first book be a Pathfinder 1E hardback.

Wait so you're saying that by buying the Core Rulebook DLC (which I did for $59.99 here at FG) and I have my account synced that I should have the pdf already in my Paizo downloads. I need to go check that!

Gwydion
August 12th, 2019, 13:58
Mystery solved. Turns out I just need to read more and understand the account synchronization. I thought once I synced the account that is all I needed to do. However, I went to the FG manage account page and physically clicked the link to send all purchase to paizo from FG and vice versa. Once I did that the Pathfinder Ruleset PDF showed up in my PF downloads on the Paizo website. I'm glad I tried that before I purchased the pdf! Thanks, everyone. Now I have some plane reading tonight... :)

Talyn
August 12th, 2019, 13:59
Wait so you're saying that by buying the Core Rulebook DLC (which I did for $59.99 here at FG) and I have my account synced that I should have the pdf already in my Paizo downloads. I need to go check that!

Yes, that's how the Paizo sync works. If you buy the PDF from Paizo, you get that price discounted from the DLC. If you buy the full-price DLC, you get the PDF added to your Paizo account. Make sure to sync both ways though! Sometimes it's a little finicky. Usually I'll sync (both ways) then buy DLC then sync again to make sure it takes.

Gwydion
August 12th, 2019, 14:00
Yes, that's how the Paizo sync works. If you buy the PDF from Paizo, you get that price discounted from the DLC. If you buy the full-price DLC, you get the PDF added to your Paizo account. Make sure to sync both ways though! Sometimes it's a little finicky. Usually I'll sync (both ways) then buy DLC then sync again to make sure it takes.

Yep... See post 136 above! Thanks so much, Talyn. I thought I had synced before but I think to your point, you need to do both..

UltimateGM
August 12th, 2019, 15:08
Mystery solved. Turns out I just need to read more and understand the account synchronization. I thought once I synced the account that is all I needed to do. However, I went to the FG manage account page and physically clicked the link to send all purchase to paizo from FG and vice versa. Once I did that the Pathfinder Ruleset PDF showed up in my PF downloads on the Paizo website. I'm glad I tried that before I purchased the pdf! Thanks, everyone. Now I have some plane reading tonight... :)

It also works the other way around as well. If you buy pdfs through Paizo and sync your account with Fantasy Grounds you will get a discount on those products.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 18:39
Some updates to the Core Rules DLC module have gone out today - see the City Hall announcement: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50464-Release-Updates-for-August-13th-2019

Current issues and future changes can be tracked in the spreadsheet linked in post #2 of this thread.

UltimateGM
August 13th, 2019, 19:33
Minor typo in the spell produce flame. The words fire and damage are ran together as firedamage. This typo is at the bottom of the effects description last sentence.

Skellan
August 13th, 2019, 20:20
I noticed the title is missing from the take cover basic action

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 22:53
Minor typo in the spell produce flame. The words fire and damage are ran together as firedamage. This typo is at the bottom of the effects description last sentence.
Weird, it was showing as a space in the PAR5E file, but obviously wasn't a real space. I hate those doppelganger spaces... ;)

Logged as CR2.037 and fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 22:53
I noticed the title is missing from the take cover basic action
Well noticed! Thanks for reporting.

Logged as CR2.038 and fixed in the next release.

Roboconn
August 13th, 2019, 23:54
I think Clumsy is back to not adding a negative AC modifier when applied

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 00:14
I think Clumsy is back to not adding a negative AC modifier when applied
It's not back to anything, because it hasn't been added to the ruleset yet. ;) See RS2.013 in the issues list for the ruleset, as this is a ruleset issue not a Core Rules DLC issue.

JaskoTheBear
August 14th, 2019, 08:37
Are there any plans to have a slot for Actions on the Action tab so we don't have to mock them out using Spells?
I can understand if its a low priority, just curious if it was on the horizon.

UltimateGM
August 14th, 2019, 13:13
Are there any plans to have a slot for Actions on the Action tab so we don't have to mock them out using Spells?

I do know Trenloe said that he was going to separate actions and spells into different tabs. I would be interested in seeing this response as well. I am sure he has a lot of plans for the ruleset and every week I look forward to seeing what's new.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 14:41
It is on the horizon. See the last bullet point in the ruleset thread (which is really where this question should have been posted) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=446770&viewfull=1#post446770

Haggar
August 14th, 2019, 17:19
Clumsy:

Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 17:21
Clumsy:

Your movements become clumsy and inexact. Clumsy always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to the condition value to Dexterity-based checks and DCs, including AC, Reflex saves, ranged attack rolls, and skill checks using Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery.
Yep, I know what it's supposed to do! ;) See my post #146 above.

jakenj9
August 17th, 2019, 14:42
total newbie here.... how do i get character creation working for pathfinder 2nd ed?

shadelon
August 17th, 2019, 14:58
total newbie here.... how do i get character creation working for pathfinder 2nd ed?

Aloha. How about you check out Fantasy Grounds College @ www.fantasygroundscollege.net. I am the lead of Team Paizo there and my team and i can help you out. :-) Just join our discord and when you get there ask for GM Seth. That's my username there

Trenloe
August 17th, 2019, 18:37
Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums.

Have a look at the videos linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50233-Fantasy-Grounds-Videos-of-the-PF-2-0-playtest-Youtube-playlist They are for the PF2 playtest (there'll be up to date videos coming soon), but the whole process is the same and worth watching to get an idea of the process. Keep in mind that FG is *not* a character generation application, it aids in that process, but you will still have to fine-tune your PC in FG to finalise it's creation and setup.

kaernunnos
August 19th, 2019, 09:51
I know you will likely wait for the official errata document, but found this:
Copied from the PF2 reddit: (https://old.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/crgobt/pathfinder_2e_errata_from_the_designers/)
The following errata came from today's Pathfinder Fridays Twitch stream with the PF2 developers:

Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.

Link to the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468201120

The developers said they will be releasing official critical errata soon as well as monster creation rules (so we will have them before the GameMastery Guide comes out).

Faelwen
August 19th, 2019, 12:31
Hello,

Here are the errors I've found so far:

The price of the Writing set should be 1 gp and not 15 sp.
The item "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) replacement cosmetics" should be probably be called "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) cosmetics" instead
I've noticed that many items in the Adventurer Gear have their prices listed as sp rather than gp. Not a bug, but a bit surprising.
The bulk and used hands of many items are missing, in particular:

All wands (should have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
Most staves (should have a bulk of 1 and 1 hands used)
Most alchemical items (usually have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
Most Hold Items (e.g. Bag of Holding, Crystal Ball, etc.)
Many consumables (e.g. Healing Potion, Potion of Resistance, etc.)
Many Worn Items (e.g. Armbands of Athleticism, etc.)

Illrigger
August 19th, 2019, 19:45
I've noticed that many items in the Adventurer Gear have their prices listed as sp rather than gp. Not a bug, but a bit surprising.

That's correct, the standard currency in PF2e is the SP, rather than the GP. It's an effort to make it so coin bulk is not crazy ridiculous like it has been since basic D&D, and which is made worse by going to a bulk system. It should help things out for players until they can afford magic items that help get around the problem.

Faelwen
August 19th, 2019, 21:26
That's correct, the standard currency in PF2e is the SP, rather than the GP. It's an effort to make it so coin bulk is not crazy ridiculous like it has been since basic D&D, and which is made worse by going to a bulk system. It should help things out for players until they can afford magic items that help get around the problem.

Yes, the rules state that the silver piece is the standard unit for commoners and beginning adventurers.

I was just trying to point that many items in the Core Rulebook are priced in gold pieces, while in the Fantasy Grounds Core Rule module they are priced in silver pieces. Normally, this doesn't disturb me too much aside from a slight sense of discomfort, as if there was an imbalance in the Force. Probably some latent OCD :-P

However, in a few cases, I feel that listing the price in silver pieces is just plain ridiculous. For instance, the superior manacles in the Fantasy Grounds Core Rule module are priced at 50000 sp (that is 50 bulks of coins!) while in the Core Rulebook they are priced at 5000 gp (which is still a ridiculous amount of coins but still something a single person can carry if necessary).

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 21:33
I made the decision to list in silver pieces as the main currency for items, as this is the standard currency, but more importantly for FG, this allows a clean ordering from least to most expensive in some of the grouped list displays (not all, but some). It's also an optional sorting button I plan to add in future - sort by cost. To program in the additional code to work out the currency for ordering would be pretty complex, but I may look at it in future...

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 22:03
Thanks for reporting these Faelwen!

The price of the Writing set should be 1 gp and not 15 sp.
Logged as CR2.041. Fixed in next release.

The item "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) replacement cosmetics" should be probably be called "Disguise kit - Elite (level 3) cosmetics" instead
I think I'll leave that as it is - the base name as listed in the Core Rules from Paizo is being changed for the individual FG record and the new name is in the same format as the base replacement cosmetics, so keeps it consistent.

Discussed elsewhere in this thread.

The bulk and used hands of many items are missing, in particular:

All wands (should have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
Most staves (should have a bulk of 1 and 1 hands used)
Most alchemical items (usually have a bulk of L and 1 hands used)
Most Hold Items (e.g. Bag of Holding, Crystal Ball, etc.)
Many consumables (e.g. Healing Potion, Potion of Resistance, etc.)
Many Worn Items (e.g. Armbands of Athleticism, etc.)
I don't see an issue with the usage, but I do see a problem with bulk for items that have multiple types. Logged as CR2.042, fixed in next release.

Again, thanks for reporting! :)

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 22:09
I know you will likely wait for the official errata document...
Yep.

... but found this:...
Thanks for the heads-up!

vyruxx
August 20th, 2019, 16:28
Hello, there is an error in the price of Bracers of Missile Deflection in the **Age of Ashes module**, it puts 60000 gold coins and they are 52gold

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 16:58
Hello, there is an error in the price of Bracers of Missile Deflection in the **Age of Ashes module**, it puts 60000 gold coins and they are 52gold
Thanks for reporting. I've passed on the info to the AP developer.

This also highlighted a different issue in the Core Rules for this item (greater type not present due to an erroneous space-like character). Logged as CR2.044 and fixed in next release.

PoohPuss
August 20th, 2019, 23:01
Splint mail in FG has the Clumsy trait (don't know what that does for armor). In the Core Rulebook Splint Mail has no such trait, nor does any armor, nor is it mentioned as a possible trait.

Is the Clumsy trait for FG a bug/typo, or is the Core Rulebook errataed in this regard? If the last, where can I find these erratas? I can't seem to find any on the Paizo websides (which could simply mean I don't know where to look).

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 23:20
Splint mail in FG has the Clumsy trait (don't know what that does for armor). In the Core Rulebook Splint Mail has no such trait, nor does any armor, nor is it mentioned as a possible trait.

Is the Clumsy trait for FG a bug/typo, or is the Core Rulebook errataed in this regard? If the last, where can I find these erratas? I can't seem to find any on the Paizo websides (which could simply mean I don't know where to look).
Moved to the Core Rule DLC issue reporting thread, as this is Core Rules DLC data.

The clumsy trait is a hangover from the playtest. Well spotted! Logged as CR2.045, fixed in next release.

FYI - I won't be applying any "errata" until Paizo release an official errata. Keep an eye on the Tuesday updates in the City Hall forum - that will let you know which changes and updates (including future errata) have been applied.

sciencephile
August 21st, 2019, 00:22

Hi, thanks for reporting the issue. I have fixed the issue and have turned in the changes so you should see the fix in the very near future.

Xillion
August 21st, 2019, 02:02
I was looking over the Item tables and found a few things:

1. The armor table header "Dex Mod" should be changed to "Dex Cap" to be in line with the CRB.
2. Shield Bash in the weapon table shouldn't have the Agile trait.
3. Orc Necksplitter should have the trait "Sweep" instead of "Versatile P".
4. Longbow says "Deadly 1d10" instead of "Deadly d10" per the convention used on the rest of the table.
5. Bandolier has a 2 hand requirement listed on the table, but it has no hand requirement in the CRB

Bidmaron
August 21st, 2019, 02:22
In the domains table of Chapter 8, the Domain Spell and Advanced Spell columns are labeled backwards (i.e. column contents of domain spell are actually the advanced spells and vice versa)

Bidmaron
August 22nd, 2019, 15:18
Bump

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2019, 15:22
Bump
Err... ???

vyruxx
August 22nd, 2019, 15:31
Thanks @Trenloe for everything you are doing in the ruleset. A doubt, do you know if you are working on the second book of Age of Ashes?

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2019, 15:38
...do you know if you are working on the second book of Age of Ashes?
I'm not, but yes it is being worked on by the same person who did the first. I believe it's ready to go...

vyruxx
August 22nd, 2019, 16:50
great then because he has done a great job

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2019, 16:51
He has indeed.

Bidmaron
August 22nd, 2019, 19:06
See post 168 where I report an error in the CRB module

Bidmaron
August 22nd, 2019, 19:06
To be clear the error is on the reference manual

Trenloe
August 22nd, 2019, 20:14
See post 168 where I report an error in the CRB module
Patience please. There's really no need to bump a thread after less than 36 hours for a low priority issue such as this.

Bidmaron
August 22nd, 2019, 20:56
My apologies, Trenloe. It is indeed low priority.

goodmanje
August 23rd, 2019, 06:00
I just created a barbarian and noticed the class description says Perception is untrained. Its actually Expert.

sciencephile
August 23rd, 2019, 07:12

He has indeed.

*blushing*

Thanks for the feedback, you two. :)

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2019, 17:43
I was looking over the Item tables and found a few things:
Thanks for reporting these! :)

1. The armor table header "Dex Mod" should be changed to "Dex Cap" to be in line with the CRB.
The "Dex Mod. Cap" label was being truncated on Armor table. Logged as RS2.043 and fixed in release 5.

2. Shield Bash in the weapon table shouldn't have the Agile trait.
Logged as CR2.046 and fixed in release 5.

3. Orc Necksplitter should have the trait "Sweep" instead of "Versatile P".
Logged as CR2.047 and fixed in release 5.

4. Longbow says "Deadly 1d10" instead of "Deadly d10" per the convention used on the rest of the table.
Logged as CR2.048 and fixed in release 5.

5. Bandolier has a 2 hand requirement listed on the table, but it has no hand requirement in the CRB
Logged as CR2.049 and fixed in release 5.

Again, thanks for reporting!

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2019, 17:57
In the domains table of Chapter 8, the Domain Spell and Advanced Spell columns are labeled backwards (i.e. column contents of domain spell are actually the advanced spells and vice versa)
Thanks for reporting. There were a few issues with that table. Logged as CR2.050 and fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2019, 18:03
I just created a barbarian and noticed the class description says Perception is untrained. Its actually Expert.
Thanks for reporting.

Logged as CR2.051 and fixed in the next release. The issue was purely a cosmetic issue in the label not displaying in the class record (a capital "E" in Expert doesn't match with the stringcycler control) - perception proficiency would still be applied correctly when the class was added to the PC.

Gwaihir Scout
August 25th, 2019, 04:03
The Goblin Song feat is missing the success/failure effects in the description.

Curaidh
August 29th, 2019, 19:53
Edit: this was in the wrong thread. Moving it myself now that I'm more awake.

stephan_
September 2nd, 2019, 23:19
Really minor: shield spikes are listed as 4 sp in the module but as 5 sp in the CRB pdf (p 281).

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 21:42
The Goblin Song feat is missing the success/failure effects in the description.
Thanks for reporting, logged as CR2.053 and fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 21:42
Really minor: shield spikes are listed as 4 sp in the module but as 5 sp in the CRB pdf (p 281).
Thanks for reporting, logged as CR2.052 and fixed in the next release.

Willot
September 9th, 2019, 23:24
The Perception & Stealth Mechanic needs work. but usable except for one small thing
Example
In an encounter It is possible Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 3 so the <unnoticed> condition is dropped onto Player 1 and it says applied by creature 3 COOL
IT is possible although Player 1 has been detected by creature 1 but is Hidden So another condition is added to player 1 <Hidden> Applied by creature 1 COOL

SO Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 3 but is only Hidden from creature 1

Creature 2 walks in and Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 2 So the <Unnoticed> condition is put on player 1 Applied by creature 2

BAM! Effect ['Hidden'] -> [ALREADY EXISTS] [on Player 1]

Otherwise cool

If there was some way of tagging the condtions Name with the player's name to make it unique Like player one has <Unnoticed - creature 3>,<Unnoticed - creature 2>,<Hidden - creature 1>?

Trenloe
September 9th, 2019, 23:40
The Perception & Stealth Mechanic needs work. but usable except for one small thing
Example
In an encounter It is possible Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 3 so the <unnoticed> condition is dropped onto Player 1 and it says applied by creature 3 COOL
IT is possible although Player 1 has been detected by creature 1 but is Hidden So another condition is added to player 1 <Hidden> Applied by creature 1 COOL

SO Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 3 but is only Hidden from creature 1

Creature 2 walks in and Player 1 is Unnoticed by creature 2 So the <Unnoticed> condition is put on player 1 Applied by creature 2

BAM! Effect ['Hidden'] -> [ALREADY EXISTS] [on Player 1]

Otherwise cool

If there was some way of tagging the condtions Name with the player's name to make it unique Like player one has <Unnoticed - creature 3>,<Unnoticed - creature 2>,<Hidden - creature 1>?
You're confusing "applied by" with an effect target - applied by does not mean that the condition applies only to that person, you need to use effect targeting for that.

See the info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects#Combat_Tracker

Willot
September 10th, 2019, 00:57
Mmmmmm, then using conditions for the states of perception wont work. Cause if placing the condition <Unnoticed> on a creature means it is unnoticed by everyone? Even the ONE person standing in front of it?
Yeah I was kinda thinking when it came to a players turn in the CT the DM could drop Hidden (or observed) and the Applied by was used to keep track of who sees what creature

Troll <Unnoticed> Applied by Greg the Brave
<Unnoticed> Applied by Howd Groop
<Observed> Applied by Strangley Browne

This way the DM keeps track of who's seeing what.
The whole Perception & Stealth Mechanic can get VERY complected with multiple people, targets and differing lines of sight.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 01:33
Mmmmmm, then using conditions for the states of perception wont work. Cause if placing the condition <Unnoticed> on a creature means it is unnoticed by everyone? Even the ONE person standing in front of it?
"Applied by" does not filter which effects are active for each actor in the combat tracker.

Like I said, you’re confusing "applied by" functionality with functionality that is provided by effect targeting. Use effect targeting to target those creatures that the condition/effect is active for. Add the condition to a creature in the CT then use the targeting icon in that effect line - drag/drop the targeting icon to each creature in the CT to make the condition on that creature active for them.

This is described in the Wiki link I provided above.

Willot
September 10th, 2019, 01:55
Yep, Im aware.
I was thinking It could be used as a indicated as to what was happening and was hoping the effects didn't have any underlying functionality but if this cant be switched off. (probably in core the way it works)
Ill have to think about another system to indicate whats going on.
For the time being I may just have to manually place the information in each creature/player's to keep track of who sees who in what postion until a better system develops.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 02:09
For the time being I may just have to manually place the information in each creature/player's to keep track of who sees who in what postion until a better system develops.
I'm confused? What can't you do using targeted effects?

Have you actually tried using targeted effects? Because I really don't understand how this won't work to automate (and track) who is hidden etc. from whom.

If you apply hidden to a creature it is hidden from everyone - this is the standard way every effect works in FG. *But* if you use effect targeting you can control who that creature is hidden from - see the screenshot below.

1) The Hidden condition has been added to a creature in the combat tracker.
2) The effect targeting button can be dragged to other creatures in the CT to apply the condition to only those creatures. I've dragged this targeting button to the Air Mephit and Ghost Commoner.
3) The effect shows which actors in the CT that condition applies to and the Hidden automation (flat DC 11 miss chance on attacks) will be applied to attacks from those creatures (Air Mephit or Ghost Commoner) against this creature.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28908

Willot
September 10th, 2019, 02:20
In all the YEARS Ive been using FG I have NOT ONCE; EVER! Noticed that targeting button on the effects.
I was "not" aware an effect on a creature/player could be set to apply to only certain other players Creatures!

CRAP! Ive been playing the stupid Rimmer the whole game (Red Dwarf reference)

Thanks that sorts it out! (and a couple of other things for me too)

You done it again Trenloe!

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 02:25
In all the YEARS Ive been using FG I have NOT ONCE; EVER! Noticed that targeting button on the effects.
I was "not" aware an effect on a creature/player could be set to apply to only certain other players Creatures!

Hahaha - no worries. I thought we were talking about the same end goal, just not on the same wavelength. A picture paints a thousand words! :)

Not directed at you, but I can't resist:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/50/08/11500878504248e7f53fe96606859d61.jpg

icehoodedfox
September 10th, 2019, 02:52

I'm very new to FG, but I've just picked up this wonderful nugget of knowledge thanks to this thread, haha. (I darn near facepalmed. . . "it's so simple! Just DRAG the thing! MAGIC" lol)

Thank you both for making the automation in my session later this week a billion times easier!

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 02:56
I'm very new to FG, but I've just picked up this wonderful nugget of knowledge thanks to this thread, haha. (I darn near facepalmed. . . "it's so simple! Just DRAG the thing! MAGIC" lol)

Thank you both for making the automation in my session later this week a billion times easier!
Welcome to the FG forums icehoodedfox!

Yep, there's a lot of functionality created from drag/drop (and right-click menus). Glad your session later this week will be much easier for all involved!

icehoodedfox
September 10th, 2019, 03:11
Welcome to the FG forums icehoodedfox!

Yep, there's a lot of functionality created from drag/drop (and right-click menus). Glad your session later this week will be much easier for all involved!

I'm glad to be here, you guys have made an amazing program and I'm really looking forward to the continued development of PF2e and FG! :)

I do have a quick question relating to this targeting of effects however. . . targeting most effects seems to work exactly as it seems to be intended (for instance, dragging the "hidden" effect automates the correct DC's to hit), but in the case of the "Flat footed" the effect only seems to correctly automate if the effect is NOT targeted. . .

Example(lets see if my image links properly or if I mess it up): The top of the chat window is showing the Flat-footed effect working correctly when it is simply applied without a target, but once the flat-footed effect has been narrowed to a specific enemy (Poor Zartan is flat-footed TO the evil dragon specifically rather than everyone) it ceases to automate the attack penalty.

I'm totally not complaining, I'm just trying to point it out if it's not working correctly :)

EDIT: I tried to set both the Dragon and Zartan flat-footed TO eachother for the second part to see if it was working (or not working) in both directions (which it doesn't seem to be, so at least it's consistent!)

Keep up the good work!

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 03:31
II do have a quick question relating to this targeting of effects however. . . targeting most effects seems to work exactly as it seems to be intended (for instance, dragging the "hidden" effect automates the correct DC's to hit), but in the case of the "Flat footed" the effect only seems to correctly automate if the effect is NOT targeted.
One little thing to note in the Wiki effects page - targeted effects only work if there is a (T) in the "Notes" column of the details table.

Flat-footed doesn't have a (T) so it won't work with targeted effects (which you're finding). But, you raising this does make a good point - as you probably would want to target flat-footed to specific creatures. Logged as RS2.051 to be added to a future release.

In the meantime, you can use the GRANTCA condition (grant combat advantage - which rules is this from?), which is targetable (this is a hangover from the base code this ruleset is built on).

Aaronw2196
September 14th, 2019, 14:44
In the Hellknight hill ap, the maps grid for tokens is completely off from what the ap pdf has set up, would be nice to have the grid version pdf maps instead of the non grid version from the interactive mapset, is there a quick and easy way to fix these grids? Especially for the council meeting room, I've tried to adjust the grid myself with no luck.

sciencephile
September 14th, 2019, 15:40
Hi Aaronw2196,

As a matter of practice I use the non-grid versions. While it might not be a problem now other than for the occasional GM who wants to resize a map (having pre-defined lines into the graphic itself would render this GM's map a mess if there were a second set of grid lines), it may be a potential problem for when Unity is released. Unity will allow for a bit more customization of grid lines (changing the color of the grid lines or making them invisible so you can move tokens without seeing the lines). If the maps used maps that had grid lines built into them, this would essentially take away these options for everyone. For instance, a GM might want an only slightly visible yellow grid line. It would be overlayed on top of a prominent black grid line built into the graphic, thus eliminating this user's wishes.

I am making an update to Hellknight Hill and in the process I have re-tooled the map grids for you. This will likely go out in the next Tuesday update.

Aaronw2196
September 14th, 2019, 16:47
Hi Aaronw2196,

As a matter of practice I use the non-grid versions. While it might not be a problem now other than for the occasional GM who wants to resize a map (having pre-defined lines into the graphic itself would render this GM's map a mess if there were a second set of grid lines), it may be a potential problem for when Unity is released. Unity will allow for a bit more customization of grid lines (changing the color of the grid lines or making them invisible so you can move tokens without seeing the lines). If the maps used maps that had grid lines built into them, this would essentially take away these options for everyone. For instance, a GM might want an only slightly visible yellow grid line. It would be overlayed on top of a prominent black grid line built into the graphic, thus eliminating this user's wishes.

I am making an update to Hellknight Hill and in the process I have re-tooled the map grids for you. This will likely go out in the next Tuesday update.

Thanks for the reply! My only real huge problem is that grid being offset, thanks for working on it! I'm not bothered much by not having the paizo grid map, I can easily import that myself, this is the first adventure I have bought from FG, so still testing things out.

Ckorik
September 14th, 2019, 16:52
Thanks for the reply! My only real huge problem is that grid being offset, thanks for working on it! I'm not bothered much by not having the paizo grid map, I can easily import that myself, this is the first adventure I have bought from FG, so still testing things out.

You know you can move the grid around on the any map without redrawing it right? Just curious - apparently many people don't know you can adjust it.

sciencephile
September 14th, 2019, 17:32
I have fixed the grid lines to be closer to the PDF. Converting to PDF to digital may mean that they may not be 100% exact but it's close enough that I cannot tell (within a small number of pixels). I checked in the changes and the fix will likely come out during the standard Tuesday update.

sciencephile
September 14th, 2019, 17:40
To expand on Ckorik's comment about adjusting gridlines, see the graphic I created below...

Note: I threw this together in a few minutes so please forgive the lack of professional quality.

In order to adjust the grid lines, you need to unlock the image record (#1). Once you do, there is a grid symbol (#2). Click that to expand the grid line tools. You can move the lines left or right with the arrows (#3). Finally, you can make the squares bigger or smaller with the plus/minus buttons (#4).

Hopefully this helps.

-Danny

Aaronw2196
September 15th, 2019, 00:05
I tried doing that but every time i got one part of the map aligned almost perfectly, other parts of the map where screwed up and it was becoming increasingly annoying every time i messed with the grid, thank you though for changing the default grid, I know someone else in the discord was having this problem to.

Aaronw2196
September 15th, 2019, 00:17
Also since i have this threads attention, is there a place where you guys post the update notes? I've always been curious what you guys release with every update!

Trenloe
September 15th, 2019, 00:39
Also since i have this threads attention, is there a place where you guys post the update notes? I've always been curious what you guys release with every update!
The City Hall subform update thread (usually each Tuesday) has the changes listed.

Aaronw2196
September 15th, 2019, 03:11
The City Hall subform update thread (usually each Tuesday) has the changes listed.

Thanks! I very appreciate all of your guys hard work on making this available for everyone! FG is definitely my favorite virtual tabletop to play on!

Willot
September 15th, 2019, 06:27
I tried doing that but every time i got one part of the map aligned almost perfectly, other parts of the map where screwed up and it was becoming increasingly annoying every time i messed with the grid, thank you though for changing the default grid, I know someone else in the discord was having this problem to.

Yeah, Coz you can adjust your grid size one number at a time but if the PDF grid square is 0.3 smaller then you cant get it quite right, and the bigger the map the worse it gets as you move away from your "aligned" square.

Ive found if you....

open the PDF, Zoom in on the map so that the top and bottom are just within the window
Use the windows snip tool, save it to your FG Campaign image folder
Open FG and adjust with the grid tools. It will be pretty close
If not close enough Open something like paint.net and reduce or enlarge the image by about 5% and try again.

Usually works for me.

Ckorik
September 15th, 2019, 15:01
Yeah, Coz you can adjust your grid size one number at a time but if the PDF grid square is 0.3 smaller then you cant get it quite right, and the bigger the map the worse it gets as you move away from your "aligned" square.

Ive found if you....

open the PDF, Zoom in on the map so that the top and bottom are just within the window
Use the windows snip tool, save it to your FG Campaign image folder
Open FG and adjust with the grid tools. It will be pretty close
If not close enough Open something like paint.net and reduce or enlarge the image by about 5% and try again.

Usually works for me.

You can try the utility one of the community members made:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19813-Map-Align-Utility-to-scale-and-align-map-to-grid

hawkwind
September 16th, 2019, 17:22
You can try the utility one of the community members made:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19813-Map-Align-Utility-to-scale-and-align-map-to-grid

plus one

StevenP
September 18th, 2019, 00:27
Just wondering if there will be a space added later that tracks each classes DC? I know that spellcasters show their DC in the spells portion og Actions, ut for a monk with Stunning blow or other classes where the DC isn't used a lot there is no space to record it that I see other than notes.

Omwch
September 19th, 2019, 03:09
Not sure how to operate/equip Monk stances such as Tiger Stance or Powerful Fists feats into the combat. Any direction about this would be much appreciated.

Ckorik
September 21st, 2019, 21:43
Sorcerer Bloodline Elemental: Granted Spells: cantrip: prjf vengeance

It should be a much nicer list - this text is repeated in the ability, link test, reference manual (etc.)

*edit* add elemental

Milke
September 26th, 2019, 01:38
I added Toughness to my cleric, and it didn't calculate her hit points. And I can't figure out a way to do it, other than to manually add a hit point per level.

darrenan
September 26th, 2019, 02:46
that's how you do it

Trenloe
September 26th, 2019, 03:07
I added Toughness to my cleric, and it didn't calculate her hit points. And I can't figure out a way to do it, other than to manually add a hit point per level.
There's no automation when adding feats. You can go into the Hit Points detail window (click the magnifying glass icon in the "Hit Points" field on the main tab) and manually add to the misc field - calculating each level. Or you can use CTRL+Mouse-wheel on the "Class" field to add a +1 per level - the +1 is shown in a bubble.

lostsanityreturned
October 11th, 2019, 06:53
From what I can tell all of the alchemical items from the CRB are listed as having no bulk (when most if not all should be Light bulk)

On an asside note, the items in Hellknight hill are listed under the type "Alchemical items" rather than alchemical.

Sorcerer Bloodline Elemental: Granted Spells: cantrip: prjf vengeance

It should be a much nicer list - this text is repeated in the ability, link test, reference manual (etc.)

*edit* add elemental

This is still here, incase Trenloe missed it.

Trenloe
October 11th, 2019, 13:32
From what I can tell all of the alchemical items from the CRB are listed as having no bulk (when most if not all should be Light bulk)

On an asside note, the items in Hellknight hill are listed under the type "Alchemical items" rather than alchemical.

Logged as CR2.054. Thanks for reporting.

This is still here, incase Trenloe missed it.
Thanks for the reminder. Logged as CR2.055. Fixed in next release.

lostsanityreturned
October 13th, 2019, 15:52
Multiple entries in Acrobatics using "di- cult terrain" rather than "difficult terrain"

Under squeeze some weird fragmented formatting.

"Critical Failure You become stuck in the tight space. While you're stuck, you can spend 1 minute attempting another

Acrobatics check at the same DC. Any result on that check other than a critical failure causes you to become unstuck."

Under the "nature" skill entry for "command animal"

The following is one long sentance lacking the normal formatting.

"Success The animal does as you command on its next turn. Failure The animal is hesitant or resistant, and it does nothing. Critical Failure The animal misbehaves or misunderstands, and it takes some other action determined by the GM."

Phenomen
October 16th, 2019, 02:05
I can't find where is resistances field on the character sheet. I'm creating dwarf and it has poison resistance from Strong-Blooded heritage.

kaernunnos
October 16th, 2019, 05:03
You need to add it as an effect https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects

xscapebb
October 16th, 2019, 05:54
is there an official update/change-list for the new PF2 Ruleset Update?

kaernunnos
October 16th, 2019, 06:34
is there an official update/change-list for the new PF2 Ruleset Update?
Updates are always posted in the City Hall. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51357-Release-Updates-for-October-15th-2019

Phenomen
October 17th, 2019, 01:09
1. [Party Sheet] XP needed is 0 but should be constant 1000. (also I cannot find a way to level up character)

2. [Items] Light armor and Medium armor categories don't match rulebook.

lostsanityreturned
October 17th, 2019, 01:23
1. [Party Sheet] XP needed is 0 but should be constant 1000. (also I cannot find a way to level up character)

2. [Items] Light armor and Medium armor categories don't match rulebook.

1. I believe this is intentional. That said I do think a default value would be useful in PF2e as it never changes even when adjustments occur. (leveling up a character occurs in the tracker panel where you make the character, you drag the class across again and it will auto increase the character level)

2. Good catch, that is a formatting mistake between whomever made the adventure module and the person who made the CRB module (or the same person if it is the same person). Probably came from both products being produced at the same time (why we currently have alchemical and alchemical items as item categories atm)

Phenomen
October 17th, 2019, 01:31
1. I believe this is intentional. That said I do think a default value would be useful in PF2e as it never changes even when adjustments occur. (leveling up a character occurs in the tracker panel where you make the character, you drag the class across again and it will auto increase the character level)
As dirty hack we could use increments in 1000 (1000, 2000, 3000 etc) for XP needed. I'm new to FG (just bought it yesterday) so idk how it works on other rules systems...

yarnevk
October 17th, 2019, 16:44

On that same level up window where you drag and drop your class icons is where you enter XP needed. You access it from your class magnifier on your main page. Since it is constant you will never have to change it again.

But you could either just accumulate XP and increase that required to 1k multiples, or just subtract 1k from your earned XP. The latter way is the rulebook way. But either way it is the character sheet not the party sheet where it is done.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2019, 16:58
It's up to you how to track the total XP and decide when to level up (subtract the amount needed to level, leave the running total, etc.). As there are different levelling speeds (slow, standard and fast - page 509) it's not always 1,000xp for every campaign. Keep in mind that all of this is just for manual tracking - FG doesn't do anything when a PC hits a new level milestone, it's up to the player to realise and manually level (drag the class entry to the PC sheet or the chargen tracker). Most players that I know keep a sharp eye on their XP and it's rare for them to not realise when they have enough to level!

StevenP
October 22nd, 2019, 23:06
First off Trenloe great job on the updates.

I was wondering if you planned to do the same thing for class choices that you did with the heritages in the latest update where you pick the one you want. For example, when I choose Wizard as my class it adds all the schools/theories and we have to delete all the ones we don't want. Same with the rangers Hunters Fury, Rouges Racket, Sorcerer's bloodline, ect?

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2019, 00:28
I was wondering if you planned to do the same thing for class choices that you did with the heritages in the latest update where you pick the one you want.
Yes.

Xillion
October 24th, 2019, 04:27
Hey Trenloe. My group and I have been running a campaign since August, and I have a question about upcoming combat automation changes:

Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit. I was wondering if buff spells like Inspire Courage are going to be automated down the line? Thank you

Trenloe
October 24th, 2019, 04:57
Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit. I was wondering if buff spells like Inspire Courage are going to be automated down the line? Thank you
Anything like this is done through effects. And you can do this right now. Have a look at the ATK and DMG modifier effects in the PFRPG2 Effects Wiki page.

Trenloe
October 24th, 2019, 14:25
Our bard uses Inspire Courage on almost every turn, but it becomes a pain for the players to remember to add their +1 with every attack and damage roll. One solution is to drill it into their heads to manually add +1 to the roll modifier, but being the +1 police drags down the fun factor a little bit.
This is how I'd set it up.

Add an "Effect" action to the spell in the bard's actions tab. Right-click on the Inspire Courage spell and select Add Spell Action -> Add Effect. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the new effect line that's been added and enter: ATK: 1 status; DMG: 1 status; SAVE: 1, fear and make the duration 1 round.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29554

then, when the bard casts Inspire Courage, the player can select all allies (Friendly characters in FG terms) within range (either manually or by clicking the "Target all friendly units" button in the image toolbar) and then clicking the effect button to the left of the new effect you've just created. This will apply that effect in the combat tracker to all targeted creatures for a duration of 1 round.

It sounds like you've never really used effects before. There are a few videos in the Wiki regarding effects. Not necessarily specific to PF2, but the process is similar between a lot of FG rulesets - look for videos from 3.5E of PF1 and it'll be 99% the same as the PFRPG2 ruleset.

Allmight
October 25th, 2019, 12:03
Small typo.

Reference manual and Backgrounds window.

Backgrounds - Entertainer
Current Description - "hrough an education in the arts..."

I suspect it should be "Through an education in the arts..."

Azoryl
October 25th, 2019, 12:44
Unbreakable Ancestry for Goblin didn't update the HP to 10 from 6.

Trenloe
October 25th, 2019, 14:03
Unbreakable Ancestry for Goblin didn't update the HP to 10 from 6.
Abilities need to have their functionally applied manually.

See here for more info on this specific ability: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50414-PF2-Core-Ruleset-Howto-Unbreakable-Goblin

Trenloe
October 25th, 2019, 15:11
Small typo.

Reference manual and Backgrounds window.

Backgrounds - Entertainer
Current Description - "hrough an education in the arts..."

I suspect it should be "Through an education in the arts..."
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.057.

Xillion
November 6th, 2019, 03:42
This is how I'd set it up.

Add an "Effect" action to the spell in the bard's actions tab. Right-click on the Inspire Courage spell and select Add Spell Action -> Add Effect. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the new effect line that's been added and enter: ATK: 1 status; DMG: 1 status; SAVE: 1, fear and make the duration 1 round.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29554

then, when the bard casts Inspire Courage, the player can select all allies (Friendly characters in FG terms) within range (either manually or by clicking the "Target all friendly units" button in the image toolbar) and then clicking the effect button to the left of the new effect you've just created. This will apply that effect in the combat tracker to all targeted creatures for a duration of 1 round.

It sounds like you've never really used effects before. There are a few videos in the Wiki regarding effects. Not necessarily specific to PF2, but the process is similar between a lot of FG rulesets - look for videos from 3.5E of PF1 and it'll be 99% the same as the PFRPG2 ruleset.

Thanks Trenloe! I am super late getting back to you. I implemented the effect like you said and it works. You're right that I've never worked with effects before! What is the benefit of not having that effect in the spell as part of the core rules module?

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 03:51
What is the benefit of not having that effect in the spell as part of the core rules module?
The ruleset tries to parse out the effects from the spell description rather than have the effects hard coded. It's an efficiency thing, with the downside being that it's less accurate.

Xillion
November 6th, 2019, 03:55
The ruleset tries to parse out the effects from the spell description rather than have the effects hard coded. It's an efficiency thing, with the downside being that it's less accurate.

I can understand using the parser, but will there be a time where you or someone goes through spells, items, monsters, etc and verifies their accuracy within FG?

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 04:16
I can understand using the parser, but will there be a time where you or someone goes through spells, items, monsters, etc and verifies their accuracy within FG?
I doubt if there will be a complete review of all data as that is a moving goalpost. There will always be exceptions that won't be covered by the parser as Paizo don't use standard wording for their abilities, feats, spells, etc.. We aim for approx. 80% accuracy on things like this, and I'll always look at ways to improve the accuracy of the parsing.

Milke
November 15th, 2019, 18:58
Can Toughness feat be made to add the +1 hit point per level?

Trenloe
November 15th, 2019, 19:06
Can Toughness feat be made to add the +1 hit point per level?
Maybe. But things like this are lower on the priority and won't be looked at until some of the automation plans I have for the system are implemented.

Otherwise, here's a post with info on what you can do to apply this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-(not-PFRPG2-ruleset)-info-and-feedback&p=454613&viewfull=1#post454613

EDIT: and I notice that post is in response to a similar question from you. Nothing's changed since then.

Swifty0x0
November 16th, 2019, 22:07
From the Core Rules errata, the bulk of spellbook (blank) and formula book (blank) were changed from 1 to L. As far as I can tell the other bulk changes from the errata have been updated, but not those two.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2019, 03:38
From the Core Rules errata, the bulk of spellbook (blank) and formula book (blank) were changed from 1 to L. As far as I can tell the other bulk changes from the errata have been updated, but not those two.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.061. Fixed in next release.

hehaub
November 27th, 2019, 06:16
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.

Trenloe
November 27th, 2019, 06:29
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.
Thanks for reporting. I'll look to queue up a fix soon. EDIT: Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in release 12.

In the meantime, as a work around - open the skill description window (click the link, don't drag it) then you can drag the link from the top left of the description window to wherever you were trying to drag it from the Skills tab.