PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition - Core Rules module (not PFRPG2 ruleset) info and feedback

Pages : 1 [2]

hehaub
November 27th, 2019, 07:40
Thanks for reporting. I'll look to queue up a fix soon.

In the meantime, as a work around - open the skill description window (click the link, don't drag it) then you can drag the link from the top left of the description window to wherever you were trying to drag it from the Skills tab.

Sounds good, thanks for the updates and all your hard work in this!

Kelrugem
November 27th, 2019, 10:41
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.

I may be able to add here something:

This error is common, you also have this in 3.5e :) It is not possible to drag&drop skill links directly from the character sheet, I am not sure why but probably because the skill descriptions in the character sheet are not copies of the skill descriptions (so this does not work like with items, feats etc. coming from the library). Instead: When you click on the skill pin in the character sheet then FG goes into the skill library and searches for an entry with the same name and then shows its description by opening the entry directly from the library. That's probably the reason why you can't drag&drop the skill description directly from the character sheet because it's just a "mirror" of the original entry (created every time when clicking on it; I mean the original entry in the library will be opened directly) and not really a permanent copy, so no data "to grasp" from within the character sheet because there is no skill description stored :)

(For example: When you first open the skill description directly from the library and then from the character sheet then no second window will be opened, instead the first one will be pushed. Or, when it is a description coming from an official module, such that the skill description can not be edited, then you can also not edit it in the character sheet. These prove that the entries in the sheet are not copies but rather a direct link to the library and therefore a direct drag&drop from the sheet produces this error)

But only assumptions so far, I may be wrong :)

I suspect something similar in PF2?

Trenloe
November 27th, 2019, 16:11
I may be able to add here something:

This error is common, you also have this in 3.5e...
The PFRPG2 ruleset is based on 3.5E (last years version) so it will share common issues.

The issue is in the code, as a link is a link and should be dragable.

The function header was: function onDragStart(draginfo) which is incorrect - see the API reference here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowcontrol.xcp#onDragStart

There was also another issue in the code, once the function header was corrected.

This code now works fine - changes highlighted in bold:

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
local v = getSkillDescNode();
if v then
draginfo.setType("shortcut");
draginfo.setIcon("button_link");
draginfo.setShortcutData("referenceskill", v.getNodeName());
draginfo.setDescription(window.label.getValue());
return true;
end
return false;
end

Kelrugem
November 27th, 2019, 16:17
The PFRPG2 ruleset is based on 3.5E (last years version) so it will share common issues.

The issue is in the code, as a link is a link and should be dragable.

The function header was: function onDragStart(draginfo) which is incorrect - see the API reference here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowcontrol.xcp#onDragStart

There was also another issue in the code, once the function header was corrected.

This code now works fine - changes highlighted in bold:

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
local v = getSkillDescNode();
if v then
draginfo.setType("shortcut");
draginfo.setIcon("button_link");
draginfo.setShortcutData("referenceskill", v.getNodeName());
draginfo.setDescription(window.label.getValue());
return true;
end
return false;
end

Ahhh, cool, thanks for the insight :) I learned something now :) Never looked at the drag&drop code yet (thus, I only could guess the issue) and therefore very interesting for me what you're writing :) (also because I wanted to look at this Drag&drop stuff once I have time)

EDIT: And thanks for the link, now I will read through this :D

Swifty0x0
December 7th, 2019, 05:48
Not sure if a bug, or intended to be added manually, but noticed while creating a Ranger that the level 3 class feature IRON WILL didn't increase Will Save proficiency from Trained to Expert. Was it missed due to the parsing issues, or are class features planned for a future update? Thanks.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2019, 10:24
Not sure if a bug, or intended to be added manually, but noticed while creating a Ranger that the level 3 class feature IRON WILL didn't increase Will Save proficiency from Trained to Expert. Was it missed due to the parsing issues, or are class features planned for a future update? Thanks.
There is currently no automation when adding class abilities or feats.

The base class save proficiency ranks are added when the class is added at level 1, but any changes after that need to be done manually.

for the future? See the info about experimental functionality here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?52402-FRPG2-Ruleset-and-Core-Rules-DLC-update-November-26th-2019

Pepor
December 7th, 2019, 16:34
Hi there Trenloe,

I don't know whether you will try to implement it and I know you have a lot of things to do, but, do you think you could add in the Party Sheet (Skills Tab) the proficiency level of each skill? It is a suggestion. I think it would be useful.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30704&d=1575732866

Trenloe
December 7th, 2019, 16:58
Hi there Trenloe,

I don't know whether you will try to implement it and I know you have a lot of things to do, but, do you think you could add in the Party Sheet (Skills Tab) the proficiency level of each skill? It is a suggestion. I think it would be useful.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30704&d=1575732866

That's really going to overload that window with too much information. Unless there's some easy, small, graphical representation that could be used. Maybe 0-4 dots at the bottom of the bonus field or something like that.

Pepor
December 7th, 2019, 17:16
Yes, it could overload it, but, I don't know, maybe something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30705&d=1575735370

Trenloe
December 7th, 2019, 17:28
Yes, it could overload it, but, I don't know, maybe something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30705&d=1575735370
That line would have to be duplicated for each PC - adding about 20-25% in vertical space used for each PC.

Having an indicator is a good idea, as it would be handy for the GM to know the proficiency of some skills, so that minimum proficiency rank checks could be made (manually by the GM just asking the players to make checks for certain PCs), but I don't want to overload the Party Sheet window. I'll look into some form of visual indicator on the bottom of the skill bonus control - maybe similar to the "check" boxes on Paizo character sheets, with boxes filled in to indicate proficiency level, or maybe little letters. I'll see what might work... But it'll be a while yet.

Pepor
December 7th, 2019, 17:44
Yes, that is the point. Thanks! And thanks for the work you are constantly doing.

kaernunnos
December 14th, 2019, 09:46
Rogue class feat Nimble Dodge is missing the reaction action symbol

Trenloe
December 14th, 2019, 10:11
Rogue class feat Nimble Dodge is missing the reaction action symbol
Thanks for reporting. Fixed in next release.

L-Voss
December 25th, 2019, 16:40
Hi, not sure if this is something on my end or not, but I've done a few searches and nobody else seems to be having this bug.

The icon for "One action" displays correctly in windows such as skill and spell descriptions, but displays as the Reaction icon in the Character Sheet (the Reaction icon itself also appears as a Reaction icon). The icon for "Two actions" also displays correctly in spell descriptions, but as a weird "Y" with an umlaut in the Character Sheet. The icons for Free Action and Reaction display correctly.

Any idea what might be causing this problem and how to fix it? The only extension I'm using is "MultiAttack in Combat Tracker" and disabling it doesn't fix the bug. If it matters, my system language is Polish and I'm running Fantasy Grounds in 16-bit color mode, as it used to crash otherwise.

Trenloe
December 25th, 2019, 21:14
Hi, not sure if this is something on my end or not, but I've done a few searches and nobody else seems to be having this bug.

The icon for "One action" displays correctly in windows such as skill and spell descriptions, but displays as the Reaction icon in the Character Sheet (the Reaction icon itself also appears as a Reaction icon). The icon for "Two actions" also displays correctly in spell descriptions, but as a weird "Y" with an umlaut in the Character Sheet. The icons for Free Action and Reaction display correctly.

Any idea what might be causing this problem and how to fix it? The only extension I'm using is "MultiAttack in Combat Tracker" and disabling it doesn't fix the bug. If it matters, my system language is Polish and I'm running Fantasy Grounds in 16-bit color mode, as it used to crash otherwise.

Welcome to the FG forums L-Voss!

I can't reproduce the issue. Could you please provide a screenshot of your chat window immediately after loading the campaign - so that we can check the versions of everything that's loading.

L-Voss
December 25th, 2019, 21:46
Sure, here you go. I think I have all the most recent updates.

Trenloe
December 25th, 2019, 23:51
Sure, here you go. I think I have all the most recent updates.

That's the correct version.

Could you try drag/dropping the spells again? No need to delete the ones there at first, this is just a test. It looks like these are from the community actions module - make sure you have the latest version. If it fails again with the community module, try it from the spells in the core rules module.

L-Voss
December 26th, 2019, 00:04
Unfortunately, this happens for any spell - from this module or from the community one - for any character, no matter how many times I drag-drop. If I try to create a spell myself and use the [[]] codes, same thing happens.

Starting a new campaign doesn't work either.

My data directory is different than my app directory, BTW. Not sure if it matters, but I remember changing it to fix some crashes, too.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2019, 02:32
Please export this PC (there’s a button to do that on the tracker window) and attach the XML file to the thread here.

L-Voss
December 26th, 2019, 10:18
Here you go.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2019, 16:50
Here you go.
Thanks for posting.

Looking at the XML the spell casting data is correct.

Importing this PC into a campaign and opening it shows the symbols display correct for me:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30996

All I can suggest is the following:
1) In <Fg app data>\rulesets make sure you don't have any directories called CoreRPG or PFRPG2 - if you do,delete them. Then see if this issue remains.
2) In <Fg app data>\rulesets delete CoreRPG.pak and PFRPG2,pak and then run an update. See if the issue remains.

L-Voss
December 26th, 2019, 17:22
Didn't work. Maybe my font file is corrupted or something? Or maybe it's because I copied my FG folder from my previous laptop to this one instead of properly installing it (that was before buying PF2, though), but it's never caused any issues before.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with it, though it can be confusing.

Still, I appreciate your efforts to help me! :)

Trenloe
December 26th, 2019, 17:33
The font is in the ruleset file. Hence why I was asking you to double check you didn’t have any directories of the same name, and also deleting and re-updating.

L-Voss
December 26th, 2019, 17:48
I tried one last thing - I changed my Windows system language to English... and it fixed the issue.

So it seems the problem is that the PF2 module somehow clashes with the Polish version of Windows. :confused:

Trenloe
December 26th, 2019, 19:41
I tried one last thing - I changed my Windows system language to English... and it fixed the issue.

So it seems the problem is that the PF2 module somehow clashes with the Polish version of Windows. :confused:
Good find! I wonder how that effects the fonts as in FG Classic the fonts are just bitmaps. Maybe it’s shifting the character code - the difference between one action (0141) and reaction (0157) is 16 I wonder if that maps to the same shift for the other characters. I’ll investigate with the base app devs after the holiday.

Swifty0x0
December 29th, 2019, 09:19
Possible bug with Full Plate (and maybe other armor). I added full plate to a character, but his AC still adds his DEX bonus which it shouldn't for full plate (full plate DEX CAP is 0).

Trenloe
December 29th, 2019, 15:01
Possible bug with Full Plate (and maybe other armor). I added full plate to a character, but his AC still adds his DEX bonus which it shouldn't for full plate (full plate DEX CAP is 0).
This issue was addressed in release 11 of the ruleset. See RS2.071 here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

The DEX modifier is still shown on the combat tab in the AC section, but the AC total should be adjusted for the armor stats if the check box in the "Armor" section of the Inventory tab is selected.

If this is still not working, make sure you're running release 11 of the ruleset (shown in the chat message on loading) and also refer to the "Notes" entry for RS2.071 in the sheet linked above.

Swifty0x0
December 29th, 2019, 19:13
This issue was addressed in release 11 of the ruleset. See RS2.071 here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

The DEX modifier is still shown on the combat tab in the AC section, but the AC total should be adjusted for the armor stats if the check box in the "Armor" section of the Inventory tab is selected.

If this is still not working, make sure you're running release 11 of the ruleset (shown in the chat message on loading) and also refer to the "Notes" entry for RS2.071 in the sheet linked above.

I am up to release 11, and the armor check box is checked on the Inventory tab. The bug may be more sinister than I thought. It seems this particular character (Champion class) shows a zero for the Max Stat armor block on the Inventory tab no matter what armor I put on the character. When he upgraded to full plate from Splint I noticed his AC went up by 1, but should have been the same net (6 + 0 versus 5 + 1) which initially seemed like the full plate stats weren't working. So, just now, I tried several types of armor and they all show a 0 for Max Stat (with armor box checked). Could the error be in the class?

I tested a few different armors on a Rogue and a Ranger and they are working properly (i.e. the Max Stat box shows the proper DEX Cap).

Trenloe
December 29th, 2019, 19:29
Make sure you have just one armor showing as worn in the inventory tab - cycle the dropped/equipped/worn icons as needed, you may need to do this for the actual armor worn last. If this doesn’t set the Armor frame details correctly the please export the PC (there’s a button to do this in the chargen tracker window) and post that PC here.

Swifty0x0
December 30th, 2019, 20:56
Make sure you have just one armor showing as worn in the inventory tab - cycle the dropped/equipped/worn icons as needed, you may need to do this for the actual armor worn last. If this doesn’t set the Armor frame details correctly the please export the PC (there’s a button to do this in the chargen tracker window) and post that PC here.

I did as you suggested, but the armor Max Stat was always zero. Here's an export with the original armor the character was using (Splint). The Max Stat should be a 1.

Trenloe
December 31st, 2019, 00:40
I did as you suggested, but the armor Max Stat was always zero. Here's an export with the original armor the character was using (Splint). The Max Stat should be a 1.
Thanks for providing the example. The issue is caused by the shield being equipped and overriding the equipped armor stats. Logged as RS2.078, thanks for reporting the issue. EDIT: Fixed in release 12.

The work around, until I provide a fix, is to manually change the Armor frame "Max Stat" field each time armor or shields are re-equipped.

MaxAstro
January 14th, 2020, 16:59
Suggestion: Now that "level added" is a thing, it would be nice to be able to sort feats and class features by that instead of alphabetically. Generally I feel like that's a more useful ordering.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2020, 17:14
Suggestion: Now that "level added" is a thing, it would be nice to be able to sort feats and class features by that instead of alphabetically. Generally I feel like that's a more useful ordering.
Good idea.

yarnevk
January 15th, 2020, 03:15
Is it possible to put the dragon link icons to the condition rules on the effects bars and combat trackers for easy access, only way can find them is to open the reference manual contents and go to the appendix and scroll thru them. If not that at least break them out like skills and traits are in the library as simple link list. I usually just alttab to aonprd instead.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2020, 11:06
Is it possible to put the dragon link icons to the condition rules on the effects bars and combat trackers for easy access, only way can find them is to open the reference manual contents and go to the appendix and scroll thru them. If not that at least break them out like skills and traits are in the library as simple link list. I usually just alttab to aonprd instead.
I have plans to provide more feedback on effects and conditions, but it won't be around for a while yet (it'll come with the re-work of the actions tab).

jmspencer
January 30th, 2020, 02:49
Just noticed that the Alchemist's "Research Field - Bomber" is missing the second paragraph of the description that is present in the general "Research Field" listing.

(The missing text is "When throwing an alchemical bomb with the splash trait, you can deal splash damage to only your primary target instead of the usual splash area.")

Trenloe
January 31st, 2020, 11:55
Moved to the Core Rules module issue reporting thread (from the base ruleset thread).

Just noticed that the Alchemist's "Research Field - Bomber" is missing the second paragraph of the description that is present in the general "Research Field" listing.

(The missing text is "When throwing an alchemical bomb with the splash trait, you can deal splash damage to only your primary target instead of the usual splash area.")

Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.065.

H2Os
February 12th, 2020, 22:59
I did a search and didn't find anything in the forums. In FG the language Jotun is spelled Jotan.

UltimateGM
February 13th, 2020, 03:33
Greater Juggernaut feat missing for Barbarian or am I missing something?

Edit: now that I am looking seems Barbarian is missing entire level 13 feats.

Camellen
February 17th, 2020, 06:05
When using the autotarget for spells, we noticed that the certain spells didn't adjust damage for the target's level of success. While I can't remember all the specifics, I know Chain Lightning in particular was one in which all affected targets took full damage (not half or doubled as would be on a success or crit failure). Fireball, on the other hand, was working normally.

Milke
February 17th, 2020, 22:16
Open the magnifying glass next to the spell details. And make sure that the option "half on success" is chosen.

Eskazen
February 23rd, 2020, 16:57
I had the same issue with action symbols as L-Voss and I can confirm that changing initial language in Windows to English fix the problem

Camellen
February 23rd, 2020, 21:34
Open the magnifying glass next to the spell details. And make sure that the option "half on success" is chosen.

Did some digging after this week's session. I fixed the save for chain lightning on that character's sheet, then I added spellcasting to a plain character sheet to see if the default value was updated (it was not).
In addition to Chain Lightning, it seems as if Disintegrate also needs the default value fixed.
Secondly, Sorcerer's Bloodline - Undead ability incorrectly lists Undeath's Blessing (a cleric focus spell) as their initial focus spell instead of the correct "Touch of Undeath."

Trenloe
February 24th, 2020, 09:25
Secondly, Sorcerer's Bloodline - Undead ability incorrectly lists Undeath's Blessing (a cleric focus spell) as their initial focus spell instead of the correct "Touch of Undeath."
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.067.

Olliebird
March 28th, 2020, 09:04
Brutality not listed as a Barbarian 5th level class feature

Trenloe
March 28th, 2020, 12:10
Brutality not listed as a Barbarian 5th level class feature
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.068 and fixed in the next Core Rules release.

Stixx925
March 31st, 2020, 11:37
I don't know if this has been mentioned , I skimmed the thread. I was trying to run a game without the modules and just use parameters that were built in for PF2. trained bonus was off as well, i figured i'd make it easy and just get the module and it does, BUT the Trained is still wrong it should be +2 not +3. is there a way I can go in and fix that? or do i have to wait for an update on the module?

Thanks

shadelon
March 31st, 2020, 11:42
I don't know if this has been mentioned , I skimmed the thread. I was trying to run a game without the modules and just use parameters that were built in for PF2. trained bonus was off as well, i figured i'd make it easy and just get the module and it does, BUT the Trained is still wrong it should be +2 not +3. is there a way I can go in and fix that? or do i have to wait for an update on the module?

Thanks

Have you taken level into account? Because the Trained bonus is +2+your level.

will9k
June 2nd, 2020, 02:56
I don't find any mention of this in my skimming of the forum, so I thought I would post here.

Kukri is listed as Subcategory: Uncommon Martial Melee. There is no listing that I can find in Pathfinder 2e for that. However, there is a weapon trait of Uncommon.

The Archives of Nethys lists the Kukri as a Martial weapon, and gives it the Uncommon trait.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 09:13
Kukri is listed as Subcategory: Uncommon Martial Melee. There is no listing that I can find in Pathfinder 2e for that.
Table 6-7: Melee Weapons in the Core Rules. Page 281 has a section "Uncommon Martial Weapons.

will9k
June 2nd, 2020, 16:57
I am now confused.

I looked in the book, and yes your correct. Table 6-7 dose list Uncommon Martial Weapons.

However, the official online rules, Archives of Nethys, has this for Kukri
Kukri
Source Core Rulebook pg. 281
Price 6 sp; Damage 1d6 S; Bulk L
Hands 1
Category Martial
Group Knife; Traits Agile, Finesse, Trip, Uncommon

The blade of this foot-long knife curves inward and lacks a cross guard at the hilt.
Critical Specialization Effects
Source Core Rulebook pg. 283
Certain feats, class features, weapon runes, and other effects can grant you additional benefits when you make an attack with certain weapons and get a critical success. This is called a critical specialization effect. The exact effect depends on which weapon group your weapon belongs to, as listed below. You can always decide not to add the critical specialization effect of your weapon.

Knife: The target takes 1d6 persistent bleed damage. You gain an item bonus to this bleed damage equal to the weapon’s item bonus to attack rolls.

Also from the Archives of Nethys Base Weapons, (https://2e.aonprd.com/Weapons.aspx), lists Melee weapons category as Unarmed, Simple, Martial, and Advanced. Uncommon is listed as a weapon trait, not a category.

I wonder if this is some kind of error in one of the sources, as the printed book and the official online rules seem to disagree.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 17:07
The Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules replicate the Core Rules book. They don't replicate the Archives of Nethys.

I agree that the uncommon trait needs adding to weapons in the Uncommon categories.

FantasyGroundsNOOBnD
June 2nd, 2020, 21:13
Running on FGU... With the CRB loaded, when I drag Ancestry to a character sheet, the only Heritages that show up in the pop-up are from Lost Omens Character Guide.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 21:32
Running on FGU... With the CRB loaded, when I drag Ancestry to a character sheet, the only Heritages that show up in the pop-up are from Lost Omens Character Guide.
Please re-run an update and see if that fixes it. There's been a few updates today.

If not, please open the Ancestries window and click the "Heritages" button and take a screenshot and post here. Thanks.

FantasyGroundsNOOBnD
June 2nd, 2020, 21:49
Please re-run an update and see if that fixes it. There's been a few updates today.

If not, please open the Ancestries window and click the "Heritages" button and take a screenshot and post here. Thanks.

Forced an update with no luck. Please see below:

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 21:52
Forced an update with no luck. Please see below:
Thanks for that. It looks like the Core Rules update didn't get pushed to FGU. It got pushed to FGC fine.

I'll check with SmiteWorks.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Alex Craft
June 2nd, 2020, 22:14
same thing here on Classic, The core rules info isn't working, the lost omens is working fine though.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 22:18
same thing here on Classic, The core rules info isn't working, the lost omens is working fine though.
Thanks for the heads up. I had the module left over in the modules directory. I've let SmiteWorks know that both Classic and Unity Core Rules haven't been updated. Thanks!

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2020, 22:36
SmiteWorks have pushed the update to Classic and Unity. Please re-run an update to get the right version. Thanks!

Alex Craft
June 2nd, 2020, 22:56
is the deities and domains in the works? they seem to be blank, the heritages and conditions are there

BTW: good work

StevenP
June 3rd, 2020, 00:17
The Shoony Heritages don't show if you create a Shoony using only the player's resource for Extinction curse 3. If you load the actual ap though they show up when creating a shoony character.

sciencephile
June 3rd, 2020, 01:16
Hi StevenP,

Thanks for reporting and sorry about that. There was a major ruleset change and while I fixed the main module, I had forgotten that there was a player's module that also had the heritages. I will fix it immediately. It will be live in next Tuesday's LIVE update.

-Danny

StevenP
June 3rd, 2020, 01:23
Hi StevenP,

Thanks for reporting and sorry about that. There was a major ruleset change and while I fixed the main module, I had forgotten that there was a player's module that also had the heritages. I will fix it immediately. It will be live in next Tuesday's LIVE update.

-Danny

No problem sir, I was just testing out the new heritage and did one for each, when I noticed it. Thanks for the quick response. You guys are killing it with PF2e. Keep making and ill keep buying.

sciencephile
June 3rd, 2020, 01:33
You're welcome. Glad you like it, though most of that credit goes to Trenloe as he is the one doing the real work with the ruleset, even if it does force me to make updates to the adventure modules periodically :)

I have fixed the issue as promised and have turned it in. It will be in the LIVE system next Tuesday but will likely be in the TEST system tomorrow.

Lowlander
June 8th, 2020, 11:33
Hello,

I was adding a sturdy shield to a player's character and it wasn't working correctly after adding it to the inventory and equipping it. It wouldn't apply the armor class bonus when raising the shield. I think this is because it is of the category "Shields" and not "Shield".
Comparing a Steel shield to a Sturdy shield you'll see that the sturdy shield doesn't list an AC bonus, hardness, HP and BT:
After adding the sturdy shield to the inventory, unlocking it, changing the Category to "Shield", locking and unlocking it again, I could enter the required data. I think it would be preferable if it applied the right bonusses right away? ;)

Trenloe
June 8th, 2020, 12:30
Hello,

I was adding a sturdy shield to a player's character and it wasn't working correctly after adding it to the inventory and equipping it. It wouldn't apply the armor class bonus when raising the shield. I think this is because it is of the category "Shields" and not "Shield".
Comparing a Steel shield to a Sturdy shield you'll see that the sturdy shield doesn't list an AC bonus, hardness, HP and BT:
After adding the sturdy shield to the inventory, unlocking it, changing the Category to "Shield", locking and unlocking it again, I could enter the required data. I think it would be preferable if it applied the right bonusses right away? ;)
Thanks for reporting. I've expanded issue CR2.062 to cover shields and weapons.

hehaub
June 13th, 2020, 20:42
Thanks for reporting. I've expanded issue CR2.062 to cover shields and weapons.
FYI - I found that the "Lion's Shield" also suffers from this issue. I was not sure if you were just covering the base shield, so I thought I would add it here in case
Also, I love all the new updates. This is shaping into a stellar ruleset. Thanks for that Trenloe!

Ibhuk
June 14th, 2020, 04:09
In the Pathfinder 2e Core Rules Reference Manual, there's a typo in the Sample Barbarian. The Animal Rager gives a suggested Hunter's Edge rather than Instinct. 36852

Trenloe
June 14th, 2020, 10:40
In the Pathfinder 2e Core Rules Reference Manual, there's a typo in the Sample Barbarian. The Animal Rager gives a suggested Hunter's Edge rather than Instinct.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.071.

Trenloe
June 14th, 2020, 10:41
FYI - I found that the "Lion's Shield" also suffers from this issue. I was not sure if you were just covering the base shield, so I thought I would add it here in case
CR2.062 is covering all armor, shields and weapons in the Core Rules chapter 11.

Also, I love all the new updates. This is shaping into a stellar ruleset. Thanks for that Trenloe!
Thanks! We're slowly getting there... :)

Honken
June 14th, 2020, 21:38
I found a slight misspelling, In the Goblin Heritage section, the header should be Goblin Heritage, but it says Gnome Heritages.

/H

Trenloe
June 14th, 2020, 21:42
I found a slight misspelling, In the Goblin Heritage section, the header should be Goblin Heritage, but it says Gnome Heritages.

/H
Thanks for reporting. That'll be fixed in the next release.

Farnaby
June 28th, 2020, 11:49
Very small typo. in the Medicine skill text under Administer First Aid in the first point (Stabilize)
the recovery roll should be 10 not 15. This is also a typo in the physical book.

Also please make Stabilize and Stop Bleeding bold

Trenloe
June 28th, 2020, 18:54
Thanks for reporting

Very small typo. in the Medicine skill text under Administer First Aid in the first point (Stabilize)
the recovery roll should be 10 not 15. This is also a typo in the physical book.
That's not specifically an error. It's more of a wording/interpretation issue. It's not saying that the DC of a recovery roll is 10 plus dying value, it's saying the DC of the Administer First Aid activity is 15 plus dying value. "The DC is equal to 5 + that creature’s recovery roll DC (typically 15 + its dying value)."

As this hadn't been reworded in an official errata, then I won't be changing it in the Core Rules.

Also please make Stabilize and Stop Bleeding bold
I'll update the reference manual and skill entry.

Surge
July 3rd, 2020, 17:35
Hi Trenloe,

Was creating a new character today and found a typo which broke a bit in the Chargen Tracker.

Two spellings of SPECIALTY CRAFTING appear in FG.

SPECIALTY vs. SPECIALITY (USA vs. UK)

The CRB uses SPECIALTY (booo!)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37381&stc=1&d=1593790503

revanmaster
August 7th, 2020, 15:07
Not sure if this is the place, but I notice that the traits aren't opening right for ranger, but haven't been able to check any of the others yet. It opens range trait instead.

For the Core module so far since it's the only thing I own.

Also on both versions of Fantasy Grounds Classic/Unity

Trenloe
August 7th, 2020, 15:20
Not sure if this is the place, but I notice that the traits aren't opening right for ranger, but haven't been able to check any of the others yet. It opens range trait instead.
Where is this happening? Could you provide steps to reproduce please?

revanmaster
August 7th, 2020, 16:52
I would type the trait ranger, and range is what is opened instead.

I know it's small, but I was like "is this as intended?"

Image:38406

Trenloe
August 7th, 2020, 16:57
I would type the trait ranger, and range is what is opened instead.

I know it's small, but I was like "is this as intended?"

Image:38406
No, that's not as intended.

Thanks for reporting and providing the example. Logged as RS2.103.

revanmaster
August 7th, 2020, 17:02
Np I also found that if I copy the trait, and add more it works fine like I typed Class:Ranger, and added the info to the action, or whatever. So it's weird.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2020, 18:10
Np I also found that if I copy the trait, and add more it works fine like I typed Class:Ranger, and added the info to the action, or whatever. So it's weird.
It was just some code that was attempting to match an attack trait with "range" in it, and ignore the range info after. I've fixed the code in the ruleset. Hopefully in time to go out in the next release. Thanks again for reporting.

EDIT: It did make it into the FG update cycle in time. So this should be fixed in Release 17b, available Tuesday next week (August 11th).

revanmaster
August 8th, 2020, 01:34
Nice!

Farnaby
August 12th, 2020, 15:40
My player has acquired a "sturdy shield" CRB p. 588

With a superior design and excellent craftsmanship, this steel shield has higher Hardness than its non-magical counterparts, making it harder to break and destroy.
Sturdy Shield (Minor) Item 4
Price 100 gp
Bulk 1 The shield has Hardness 8, HP 64, and BT 32.

Adding it to the inventory and equipping it doesn't add a shield bonus to AC.
(see all sturdy shield variants)

Trenloe
August 12th, 2020, 17:25
My player has acquired a "sturdy shield" CRB p. 588

With a superior design and excellent craftsmanship, this steel shield has higher Hardness than its non-magical counterparts, making it harder to break and destroy.
Sturdy Shield (Minor) Item 4
Price 100 gp
Bulk 1 The shield has Hardness 8, HP 64, and BT 32.

Adding it to the inventory and equipping it doesn't add a shield bonus to AC.
(see all sturdy shield variants)
Known issue to be fixed in a future release. See CR2.062 in the issues list (link in post #2).

In the meantime, change the item category to "Shield" and enter the required data.

Honken
August 14th, 2020, 09:30
I still see this...
https://6zyamq.am.files.1drv.com/y4mI5I7hmSV6vZ2LA2O0CB_o3XeoLEbaI4m9wI1Y1GVZz5hekw YMLqqHI4C6N2oBegp_cRQaL1tgPl-OVVFZ4nJPs72VJ4LC5kEAOcI48dpCTwLj_ziSaAwz8NxTelC8d EfJtowJH8troxLCXYu04mZVLg1zWvRVXbZFZYFAFzMfB9nQmgH T8iIa3QsMOSFb2eM6UQSnSyjCtwJOx8sUunr1w?width=759&height=120&cropmode=none

/H

Trenloe
August 14th, 2020, 10:27
I still see this...
https://6zyamq.am.files.1drv.com/y4mI5I7hmSV6vZ2LA2O0CB_o3XeoLEbaI4m9wI1Y1GVZz5hekw YMLqqHI4C6N2oBegp_cRQaL1tgPl-OVVFZ4nJPs72VJ4LC5kEAOcI48dpCTwLj_ziSaAwz8NxTelC8d EfJtowJH8troxLCXYu04mZVLg1zWvRVXbZFZYFAFzMfB9nQmgH T8iIa3QsMOSFb2eM6UQSnSyjCtwJOx8sUunr1w?width=759&height=120&cropmode=none

/H
Thanks for re-reporting. I originally fixed it in the reference manual, but for some strange reason I didn't fix it in the ancestry record itself. It'll be in the next Core Rules (not ruleset) update.

revanmaster
August 19th, 2020, 16:21
I wondering based on how we select for investigator the methology, and Swashbuckler with styles. Are we going to see core do the same, and if so does it needs help like in the lookup data preparing?

Reason I'm asking is I'm working on some of this right now in fact for the champion(core), and the Champion(Advance) at this moment. For unity, and not sure I'll need to rebuild it for Classic yet.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2020, 16:35
I wondering based on how we select for investigator the methology, and Swashbuckler with styles. Are we going to see core do the same, and if so does it needs help like in the lookup data preparing?
All classes will have this at some point. Core already has this for classes that had additional options in the APG - alchemist, barbarian, bard, rogue, sorcerer and wizard. See the release notes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59857-PFRPG2-ruleset-Release-17-now-quot-live-quot&p=525173&viewfull=1#post525173

Champion causes will be done at some point.

revanmaster
August 19th, 2020, 16:42
All classes will have this at some point. Core already has this for classes that had additional options in the APG - alchemist, barbarian, bard, rogue, sorcerer and wizard. See the release notes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59857-PFRPG2-ruleset-Release-17-now-quot-live-quot&p=525173&viewfull=1#post525173

Champion causes will be done at some point.

Ahh yeah, I like the automation of selecting the course for a character, and such. So if I finish the lookup data for champion upload it there?

Trenloe
August 19th, 2020, 16:44
Community modules should be listed in their own thread (to keep discussions and downloads etc. in the developer's control), and then linked in the modules thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50274-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-community-modules

bigdummy
September 1st, 2020, 22:26
One of my players caught a very minor bug in the PHB.

The typo isn't attached to anything, though -- clicking on "Classs" brings up the console with an error:

[9/1/2020 3:20:46 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist.lua"]:141: attempt to index local 'rList' (a nil value)

Trenloe
September 1st, 2020, 22:28
One of my players caught a very minor bug in the PHB.

The typo isn't attached to anything, though -- clicking on "Classs" brings up the console with an error:

[9/1/2020 3:20:46 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist.lua"]:141: attempt to index local 'rList' (a nil value)
Thanks for reporting. This is covered under the already logged CR2.072.

bigdummy
September 1st, 2020, 22:30
what version of corerpg is reported in the chat window for your campaign?

3.3.11b

If it helps, the player noticed it on Thursday; I just didn't think about reporting it until today.

Trenloe
September 1st, 2020, 22:32
3.3.11b
Thanks for the fast response.

It's actually a different error that was reported earlier today (which was caused by using an older version of CoreRPG). This issue is being tracked as CR2.072.

bigdummy
September 1st, 2020, 22:35
Thanks for the fast response.

It's actually a different error that was reported earlier today (which was caused by using an older version of CoreRPG). This issue is being tracked as CR2.072.

Ahh, sorry, didn't realize this was already tracked. I'll try not to duplicate reports in the future.

chaoticaffinity
September 13th, 2020, 20:14
This may be linked to open issue CR2.006 but the Deities information from the religion section is not searchable like the deities information from the APG or lost omens , resulting in missing deities if using the library > lookup data to find them

Trenloe
September 13th, 2020, 20:23
This may be linked to open issue CR2.006 but the Deities information from the religion section is not searchable like the deities information from the APG or lost omens , resulting in missing deities if using the library > lookup data to find them
Welcome to the FG forums!

I'm not following you. The Core deities from the Core Rules are shown in Lookup data. Maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're referring to. Can you give a specific example example please?

chaoticaffinity
September 13th, 2020, 20:43

So looking at lookup data then clicking deities and scrolling through the list I do not see the core deities like sarenrae , I believe i am as updated as possible on the live FGU channel.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2020, 20:54

So looking at lookup data then clicking deities and scrolling through the list I do not see the core deities like sarenrae , I believe i am as updated as possible on the live FGU channel.
Thanks for the screenshots and explanation - that helped a lot. Your third screenshot is taken from the Core Rules reference manual with the Core Rules module activated, but the first screenshot shows that this module isn't open. Make sure you have the Pathfinder Second Edition Core Rules module activated (open).

chaoticaffinity
September 13th, 2020, 21:25
The module is loaded 39335 , That's why i took the first screen shot as it seems like there is no data from the core in that lookup , unless I am missing something , relative FG newbie for pathfinder

Trenloe
September 13th, 2020, 21:43
Looking at this screenshot again, this is the older deity entry from before the data moved to lookup data on August 11th, 2020.

Delete PZOSMWPZO2101FG.dat from your <FG app data>\vault directory and then re-run an update.

chaoticaffinity
September 14th, 2020, 05:29
Completely wiping my vault and redownloading seems to have fixed it. Thanks

staindvisage
September 28th, 2020, 02:35
I have noted that the spells Chill touch and Elec Arc do not appear to contain damage when i put them on the character sheet. It's easy enough for me to add it but it'd be nice to have it fixed.

Trenloe
September 29th, 2020, 16:31
I have noted that the spells Chill touch and Elec Arc do not appear to contain damage when i put them on the character sheet. It's easy enough for me to add it but it'd be nice to have it fixed.
Welcome to the FG forums.

Spell effects and actions are not hard coded into the spell. FG makes an effort to create the automation base off parsing the spell description. Unfortunately, Paizo don't use repeatable wording for their descriptions, so this won't always work correctly/accurately - for example the two spells you've found.

We're working on ways to make this more accurate, or hard code the effects, but it's not a simple/quick task. In the meantime, you may want to look at this module: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50802-Pathfinder-2-Drag-and-Drop-Actions-Powers-and-Spells

Weissrolf
December 8th, 2020, 02:34
We are missing the feat overview pages from pages 255 - 257. Our group prefers their sorting to the feats tables found in FG.

Opening the feats tables from the reference manual also takes quite a long time compared to the feats button tables and moving the window around is jumpy (as if vsync was lowered). And after a 5 hours evening sessions all of these became unbearably slow (took a very long time to open and then behaved sluggish).

Trenloe
December 8th, 2020, 14:55
We are missing the feat overview pages from pages 255 - 257. Our group prefers their sorting to the feats tables found in FG.
I'll change the order of the General/Skill grouped list table to be level first and then name.

Opening the feats tables from the reference manual also takes quite a long time compared to the feats button tables...
The button in the Library is the same as the "By Level" button at the top of the feats window, but only displays the feats from the Core Rules. With only the Core Rules loaded both of these take the same time to open for me, which makes sense as they're using exactly the same code.

Weissrolf
December 11th, 2020, 11:57
You are correct, I did not notice that this was the "By Level" list. Both the "By Level" and "By Trait" lists move and scroll juddery while the smaller "Generall/Skill" list handles smoothly.

Ordering "General/Skill" by level is a nice change, but one attraction of the CRB list is that it is also sorted by skills. My players always consult the CRB list instead of the ones provided in FG because of that.

Different topic: The addition of the main combat stats to the Action tab is great, thanks for that! Maybe consider to make "Shield Raised" drag&dropable for pulling it on a shortcut?!

Cdshepard
December 29th, 2020, 21:24
I cannot create a Half-Elf nor Half-Orc character. It doesn't show up under heritages nor versatile.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nspqajk1a3lagck/Heritage.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vggsec52gnj6chw/Heritage2.jpg?dl=0

Trenloe
December 29th, 2020, 22:49
I cannot create a Half-Elf nor Half-Orc character. It doesn't show up under heritages nor versatile.
It looks like you don't have the Core Rules module open and are using a Human ancestry record other than the one in the Core Rules.

lostsanityreturned
December 29th, 2020, 23:20
No issues with this myself.

Have you pirated the CRB? if so that will be the problem. The CRB will be out of date and you won't have heritages.
Smiteworks, Trenloe and Paizo are all worth supporting if you have, it is a small industry with very narrow profit margins overall. It is on sale atm too :).

(I had a friend presenting with the same "issue" just last month and found out via discord while trouble shooting it)

Cdshepard
December 30th, 2020, 23:59
Nope. I have the purchased version (Fantasy Grounds and Paizo have gotten a great deal of money out of me, I support them thanks). My buddy bought me it initially, I used that copy then repurchased my own (using my Paizo purchased copy for the discount) in an attempt to correct the problem. I had no problem with other races expect Human or other races showing up Half-Elf/Half-Orc.

That said, I reinstalled Fantasy Grounds and I see them now. Thank you and party on.

lostsanityreturned
December 31st, 2020, 04:03
Nope. I have the purchased version (Fantasy Grounds and Paizo have gotten a great deal of money out of me, I support them thanks). My buddy bought me it initially, I used that copy then repurchased my own (using my Paizo purchased copy for the discount) in an attempt to correct the problem. I had no problem with other races expect Human or other races showing up Half-Elf/Half-Orc.

That said, I reinstalled Fantasy Grounds and I see them now. Thank you and party on.

If you have a similar issue in he future deleting the vault files should force FG to redownload them without having to reinstall everything.

elisaelli
March 12th, 2021, 05:16
I couldn't find it on the lists, and maybe I did something wrong, but the Wizard Lightning Reflexes save did not update to give the bonus for Expert and I don't see a way of altering that manually. The tracker specifically said "no automation applied" but save proficiencies typically have been automated.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2021, 07:40
I couldn't find it on the lists, and maybe I did something wrong, but the Wizard Lightning Reflexes save did not update to give the bonus for Expert and I don't see a way of altering that manually. The tracker specifically said "no automation applied" but save proficiencies typically have been automated.
The messaging in the tracker is what you should go on. In the current live channel, there is little automation of class features beyond 1st level. There is no automation for Wizard lightning reflexes in the current live channel. If there isn't a little "A" to the left of the class feature name in the class "Other" tab, then there won't be any automation applied.

Release 18 will bring a lot more automation. This is currently undergoing testing in the test channel. Information on that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66959-Pathfinder-2-0-Ruleset-Release-18-testing

Willot
March 12th, 2021, 09:47
Is that an updated theme in the release 18 video? (Buttons look better)

Trenloe
March 12th, 2021, 10:04
Is that an updated theme in the release 18 video? (Buttons look better)
Details on release 18 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66959-Pathfinder-2-0-Ruleset-Release-18-testing

See the "other" section in post #2.

Farnaby
March 19th, 2021, 00:31
Bug: Dragging the Retribution Axe from the Core Rules into the inventory does not add it to the weapons in the action tab. But dragging the Retribution Axe from the Abomination Vaults 1 does add it.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2021, 00:41
Bug: Dragging the Retribution Axe from the Core Rules into the inventory does not add it to the weapons in the action tab. But dragging the Retribution Axe from the Abomination Vaults 1 does add it.
The Core Rules has magic items set as items, not as their end type (weapons, armor, etc.). This was done to get the Core Rules out on time. When bombs are added as a new item type, the armor and weapons in the Treasures chapter will be updated to be the correct item type. Some of the work in Release 18 is paving the way for that.

lostsanityreturned
March 21st, 2021, 20:09
The spell Soothe is set up to do damage instead of healing. Also, would it be possible to get wound and dying status on the combat tracker?

This spell (and most others) are corrected in the next ruleset release (currently in the test channel).

Gwydion
June 21st, 2021, 14:55
This might have been reported already as my search-fu is lacking, but it appears the bandolier is missing from the adventuring geat. Thanks!

Trenloe
June 21st, 2021, 15:15
This might have been reported already as my search-fu is lacking, but it appears the bandolier is missing from the adventuring geat. Thanks!
It was removed, along with some other containers (belt pouch, satchel, scroll case, sheath, vial) by Paizo in the errata for the Core Rules.

Refer to the "Held, Worn, and Stowed Items" entry in the "Pathfinder Core Rulebook Errata" section here: https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq

Milke
June 21st, 2021, 16:21

It's missing from the Core Rulebook now too in the 2nd printing. I didn't notice either, until someone pointed it out.
There are no bandoliers or belt pouches.
Items are either worn (such as in a bandolier or belt pouch), stowed (such as in a back pack), or held.

Weissrolf
June 21st, 2021, 16:25
Means less bookkeeping, but also that everyone will now insist that they are wearing stuff instead of stowing it away. And of course everyone will now wear two sets of tools on top of everything else.

kaernunnos
June 21st, 2021, 17:05

Nope. In errata they removed bandoliers, belt pouches, sheathes and quivers. They are now considered part of the appropriate item.
https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq

(https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq)And I reply before fully waking up and miss a whole page of previous replies. I blame following the link from the email.

esmdev
June 27th, 2021, 17:35
Hi.

I am a player in a Pathfinder 2 game. The GM has the Core Rules and Agents of Edgewatch AP1, with the core rules, player guide and player resource marked as available. No extensions are loaded.

I made a halfling, twilight, merchant, rogue, scoundrel. When it got to add class kit it didn't list anything in the box so I clicked the check to move on. It errored and brought up the console window. If I close the console it it will let me click the check and then just ends generation.

The console.log is provided, hope it helps.

EDIT: I tried a different character, human, artisan, wizard, got to the same place got the same error.
EDIT2: I unloaded the edgewatch related modules and redid the above halfling, got the same error with only the core rules loaded, is PF2 release 18f.

Trenloe
June 27th, 2021, 19:21
Hi.

I am a player in a Pathfinder 2 game. The GM has the Core Rules and Agents of Edgewatch AP1, with the core rules, player guide and player resource marked as available. No extensions are loaded.

I made a halfling, twilight, merchant, rogue, scoundrel. When it got to add class kit it didn't list anything in the box so I clicked the check to move on. It errored and brought up the console window. If I close the console it it will let me click the check and then just ends generation.

The console.log is provided, hope it helps.

EDIT: I tried a different character, human, artisan, wizard, got to the same place got the same error.
EDIT2: I unloaded the edgewatch related modules and redid the above halfling, got the same error with only the core rules loaded, is PF2 release 18f.
Thanks for reporting. This was fixed over a week ago, but was just too late to be included in the R18f update. The fix is in the R18g update this coming Tuesday.

esmdev
June 27th, 2021, 19:23
Thanks for reporting. This was fixed over a week ago, but was just too late to be included in the R18f update. The fix is in the R18g update this coming Tuesday.

Great news! Thanks for the info.

esmdev
June 30th, 2021, 00:26

Was able to complete character generation today. First time playing with PFRPG2 so wasn't sure if there was more after that point in the process.

revanmaster
August 28th, 2021, 14:05
I just noticed that "Bandolier" isn't in the items(unless I'm getting a glitch), and so I had to add it for myself since it's for the action economy. Also, noticed that the feat "Shameless Request" with the requirement of Master in Diplomacy isn't showing up on the feat selection page.

stephan_
August 28th, 2021, 14:11
Bandolier see Errata (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq):

"

Held, Worn, and Stowed Items

Page 271: We've simplified the way we're handling characters carrying their gear so that you can define all your carried items in one of three categories. Replace the carrying and using items section with this text: "A character carries items in three ways: held, worn, and stowed. Held items are in your hands; a character typically has two hands, allowing them to hold an item in each hand or a single two-handed item using both hands. Worn items are tucked into pockets, belt pouches, bandoliers, weapon sheaths, and so forth, and they can be retrieved and returned relatively quickly. Stowed items are in a backpack or a similar container, and they are more difficult to access. Drawing a worn item or changing how you’re carrying an item usually requires you to use an Interact action (though to drop an item, you use the Release action instead). Table 6–2: Changing Equipment on page 273 lists some ways that you might change the items you’re holding or carrying, and the number of hands you need to do so. Many ways of using items require you to spend multiple actions. For example, drinking a potion worn at your belt requires using an Interact action to draw it and then using a second action to drink it as described in its Activate entry (page 532)."

This change also removes several sorts of "container" items from the tables on 286-292, as they are no longer tracked separately from the items they store. These are: bandolier, belt pouch, satchel, scroll case, sheath, vial

Page 287 adds a paragraph on Wearing Tools: "You can make a set of tools (such as alchemist’s tools or healer’s tools) easier to use by wearing it. This allows you to draw and replace the tools as part of the action that uses them. You can wear up to 2 Bulk of tools in this manner; tools beyond this limit must be stowed or drawn with an Interact action to use." Fine clothing reduces that limit to light Bulk worth of tools.

Update: Worn tools should only take 1 hand to use, as you only draw the things you need from the kit and not the entire kit. This has been marked for future errata."

Trenloe
August 28th, 2021, 14:24
Moved the posts to the Core Rules thread.

Also, noticed that the feat "Shameless Request" with the requirement of Master in Diplomacy isn't showing up on the feat selection page.
Thanks for reporting. I'll fix this in a future release of the Core Rules DLC.

El DM Compartido
October 3rd, 2021, 18:59
I've searched through this bug report post for the PF2E core rules and I'm pretty sure nobody has mentioned this yet, but it seems that in FantasyGrounds, the "Adventurer's Pack" is missing the two belt pouches.

The Core Rulebook, on page 287 states:

Adventurer’s Pack: This item is the starter kit for an
adventurer, containing the essential items for exploration
and survival. The Bulk value is for the entire pack together,
but see the descriptions of individual items as necessary.
The pack contains the following items: backpack
(containing the other goods), bedroll, two belt pouches,
10 pieces of chalk, flint and steel, 50 feet of rope, 2 weeks’
rations, soap, 5 torches, and a waterskin.

And the entry for the pack in FantasyGrounds' PF2E core rulebook is missing the belt pouches specifically (as well as removing the, "containing the other goods" wording, but I think that's fine.)

A small issue I know, but it's something one of my players pointed out to me and I thought I'd report it.

stephan_
October 3rd, 2021, 19:06
Good catch but those items have been errata'd (https://paizo.com/pathfinder/faq):

"Page 271: We've simplified the way we're handling characters carrying their gear so that you can define all your carried items in one of three categories. Replace the carrying and using items section with this text: "A character carries items in three ways: held, worn, and stowed. Held items are in your hands; a character typically has two hands, allowing them to hold an item in each hand or a single two-handed item using both hands. Worn items are tucked into pockets, belt pouches, bandoliers, weapon sheaths, and so forth, and they can be retrieved and returned relatively quickly. Stowed items are in a backpack or a similar container, and they are more difficult to access. Drawing a worn item or changing how you’re carrying an item usually requires you to use an Interact action (though to drop an item, you use the Release action instead). Table 6–2: Changing Equipment on page 273 lists some ways that you might change the items you’re holding or carrying, and the number of hands you need to do so. Many ways of using items require you to spend multiple actions. For example, drinking a potion worn at your belt requires using an Interact action to draw it and then using a second action to drink it as described in its Activate entry (page 532)."
This change also removes several sorts of "container" items from the tables on 286-292, as they are no longer tracked separately from the items they store. These are: bandolier, belt pouch, satchel, scroll case, sheath, vial"

Compare e.g. the SRD (https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=1).

El DM Compartido
October 5th, 2021, 21:23
Thanks stephan_. I hadn't thought to look at the SRD - if I had that likely would have made me think to check the errata from Paizo. Thank you so much for pointing this out to me, I appreciate it.