PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition - PFRPG2 Ruleset - Status, issues and ongoing development

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 05:09
The new PFRPG2 ruleset is now live and available to all FG users at no extra cost - do an update and you should download a new PFRPG2.pak file. There are no OGL/SRD modules available at present, and won't be for at least 6 months - but the Core Rules module is available in the store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2101FG

This ruleset is quite automation light at this stage. We had to limit our initial release ambitions in order to ensure we got this and the core rulebook available to use by August 1st.

Rest assured that the ruleset will get regular updates - both for base features and new functionality.

Please report any issues with the ruleset in this thread. Thanks!

Trenloe
I'm tracking issues with the ruleset here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxgAdEnUZru6GayTSxvs8fnuhupbg8rl835HwsGLDHg/edit?usp=sharing

And the Core Rules DLC here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZKssnOL3TDVy20HkFctvmyhQcKzf74OUY7Jv1Q2zELI/edit?usp=sharing (read only access).

We'll aim to get this fixes and updates done over the coming weeks.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us as we fine tune this huge product.

Trenloe
Future features:

More parsing/automation of drag/drop character creation. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
Better tracking of options already selected. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
Better tracking of options to manually add/select. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
Semi-automation of dying/wounded conditions and death. At present these two conditions are tracked manually in the two fields in the Hit Points section of the main tab of the PC sheet.
A way of tracking skill proficiency training/number of skills to select.
Alchemical weapons (bombs) add to the PC weapons section when added to the inventory.
Encounter XP and Threat calculations.
Option to select skill for initiative.
Spell attacks vs. DCs other than AC. Currently available for NPCs, to be added to PCs in R19.
Spells will be moved from the actions tab to their own tab (this should be automatic as part of the ruleset upgrade, when it occurs). The actions tab will have sections added for other actions (skill actions, feat actions, etc.). Target - R19.

Already implemented:

Hero Points tracking - release 6.
Update item data lists to include level (similar to the feats list) and add level filters.
Pop-up window to offer key character creation options - for example: ancestry heritage, wizards arcane school and thesis, cleric doctrine, barbarian instinct, sorcerer bloodline, etc.. Currently all options are added to the PC sheet and the chargen tracker mentions to review and remove those options not selected - it's a bit messy at present, and will be changed in a future release for cleaner option selection. A lot of these have been added already, others are ongoing.
Improved parsing of spell effects and save entries - R18.
Parsing of NPC/Hazard actions beyond melee/ranged entries - R17 and 18.
Better tracking of non-skill proficiencies (weapons) - R18. Defense proficiency implemented in release 12.
Updates to action and effect targeting options - e.g. TOFM (Target only for me - effect targeting with once click).

lostsanityreturned
August 1st, 2019, 06:35
Issues
When adding any weapon to a character's inventory the following console window error is generated.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:531: attempt to index global 'sPropsLower' (a nil value)

I am using no extensions and it is a fresh campaign.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 06:40
Issues
When adding any weapon to a character's inventory the following console window error is generated.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:531: attempt to index global 'sPropsLower' (a nil value)

I am using no extensions and it is a fresh campaign.
Please do an update, the PFRPG2 ruleset update was delayed a little tonight. You’ll know you've got the old ruleset if you see the TAC field on the main or combat tab of the character sheet. The new ruleset is live now, so please do an update...

madman
August 1st, 2019, 06:41
Update fixed it!
I was posting as you did.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 06:42
As above and it does not add weapons to the Actions tab..
Please see my post immediately above yours.

Zodiac107
August 1st, 2019, 15:48
Great, im looking forward to those updates, some of my players brought up that when you add ancestry to the character sheet, it populates all the heritages at the same time. Knowing paizo, the number och heritages will increase fairly rapidly and it will have a severe effect on character creation in the FG system.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 15:52
Welcome to the FG forums!

Great, im looking forward to those updates, some of my players brought up that when you add ancestry to the character sheet, it populates all the heritages at the same time. Knowing paizo, the number och heritages will increase fairly rapidly and it will have a severe effect on character creation in the FG system.
Yep, that 's in the works - see the "Pop-up window to offer key character creation options..." future feature in post #3.

Zodiac107
August 1st, 2019, 16:04
Nice, looking forward to it. Good job.

darrenan
August 1st, 2019, 17:38
I went through character creation once last night and it generally worked ok, given all the caveats above. One point of annoyance was the Background field on the front page of the character sheet. It would be nice if there was a way to create a new Background entry. I was trying to use one of the Backgrounds from the Age of Ashes Player's Guide and it didn't seem like there was any way to manually create one. And I'm not talking about the ability score and skill automation part, just the ability to create a new window and enter the text description. The ability score and skill stuff can easily be done manually, that's not a big deal. In general, the areas where you're trying to implement drag and drop automation there should always be manual workarounds so we're not locked into using the drag/drop mechanism. This will help GMs provide Backgrounds and whatnot customized to their game without having to author a module full of drag/drop stuff.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2019, 17:42
I went through character creation once last night and it generally worked ok, given all the caveats above. One point of annoyance was the Background field on the front page of the character sheet. It would be nice if there was a way to create a new Background entry. I was trying to use one of the Backgrounds from the Age of Ashes Player's Guide and it didn't seem like there was any way to manually create one. And I'm not talking about the ability score and skill automation part, just the ability to create a new window and enter the text description. The ability score and skill stuff can easily be done manually, that's not a big deal. In general, the areas where you're trying to implement drag and drop automation there should always be manual workarounds so we're not locked into using the drag/drop mechanism. This will help GMs provide Backgrounds and whatnot customized to their game without having to author a module full of drag/drop stuff.
I agree that custom data should be able to be added and I've tried to make entering custom data available to the GM wherever possible.

In this specific example, you can created or copy/edit existing Backgrounds via the Backgrounds campaign data lists. Access from the top of the library window (check the option next to it to add to the sidebar). The "Other" tab in the background entry window is where you specify the drag/drop automation data.

But, you will still have to drag/drop your custom backgrounds to apply the automation. But, I don't think you're actually complaining about the drag/drop mechanism in general if there is the option to add custom data?

darrenan
August 1st, 2019, 20:51
Correct. I didn't think about doing it that way, and that seems like a fine solution for now.

Illrigger
August 1st, 2019, 21:01
Not bad for a zero day release, Trenloe. The first character I tried making had a few glitches, but could be mostly manually adjusted to fix them.

The one thing that I had to key manually was the Martial Disciple backgrounds choice of two feats (Cat Fall or Quick Jump) - it's making calls to feats that don't exist according to the logs. Hero Lab had a similar issue and solved it by just having two different backgrounds that each add one of the two feats, so you aren't alone in having issues here. Hero Lab in general is having about the same number of problems as your ruleset, but unlike yours you can't easily work around the errors.

Really looking forward to future enhancements!

aellongm
August 1st, 2019, 22:21
I may be a total noob, but is it correct that there is no grid yet? I understand there's a lot to do, but just want to be sure so i can stop looking.

darrenan
August 2nd, 2019, 00:10
You mean like a grid on maps? I'm pretty sure the image control is not specific to PF2. Try right-clicking on the image/map and select the option to add a grid.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2019, 20:21
Not bad for a zero day release, Trenloe. The first character I tried making had a few glitches, but could be mostly manually adjusted to fix them.

The one thing that I had to key manually was the Martial Disciple backgrounds choice of two feats (Cat Fall or Quick Jump) - it's making calls to feats that don't exist according to the logs. Hero Lab had a similar issue and solved it by just having two different backgrounds that each add one of the two feats, so you aren't alone in having issues here. Hero Lab in general is having about the same number of problems as your ruleset, but unlike yours you can't easily work around the errors.

Really looking forward to future enhancements!
Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue CR2.008.

Talyn
August 2nd, 2019, 23:13
@Trenloe: will the ruleset be officially supporting PFS in the character sheet? I've only given a speed-glance at the WIP PFS 2E Guide but looks like they're using an Achievement Points system in addition to the boons. I'm not quite far along in my under-the-hood studies to modify a character sheet and any Lua scripting that may or may not be needed.

Also, once it's officially released I'll be starting on the PFS 2E DLC but if you'd rather take that over (like Samarex handles the SFS Guide + ruleset) I totally understand and can request QA sign the project over to you.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2019, 15:46
@Trenloe: will the ruleset be officially supporting PFS in the character sheet? I've only given a speed-glance at the WIP PFS 2E Guide but looks like they're using an Achievement Points system in addition to the boons.
I don't have any short term plans for that. It would have to be tracked manually.

Also, once it's officially released I'll be starting on the PFS 2E DLC but if you'd rather take that over (like Samarex handles the SFS Guide + ruleset) I totally understand and can request QA sign the project over to you.
I already have lots on my plate so if you'd take on the PFS stuff that would be amazing! Thanks. :)

UltimateGM
August 4th, 2019, 00:01
Looking at the CRB it says that Sorcerers get 1 Focus Point unless they pick a class feat that grants more. Looking in fantasy grounds it calculates the Focus using Charisma mod. Is this a bug or did I miss something in the book?

Dr0W
August 4th, 2019, 03:50
Migh've gone unnoticed but the action symbols stopped showing on the spell right side as it used to on the Playtest (because it turns the [[A]] on the actual symbol which is really great, but it stops showing on the actual spell).
A workaround for this has been to just copy and add the Symbol to the name of the Spell.

I also have a question: I've noticed that the Actions are largely unused. I remember having a module by ShadeRaven to add all the actions, but I thought that once I had the official module I'd have them. The real question is: Are they ever going be used for anything, or is it something that will be phased out with updates? I'm curious because I plan on adding the actions myself, but I don't want to see my work wasted either because the Actions got removed or because they got added officially. Also, right now I might be misusing it but I can't actually add Actions to the Action tab (sounds silly, right)? So what's the plan for them? Right now I'm creating most of the class actions as Spells as a Workaround.

Larsenex
August 4th, 2019, 13:23
Trenloe, thank you. I purchased the CRB here at FG.

I am also looking forward to the Beastiary when it is available. What is the difference between the update and owning the CRB?

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:25
Migh've gone unnoticed but the action symbols stopped showing on the spell right side as it used to on the Playtest (because it turns the [[A]] on the actual symbol which is really great, but it stops showing on the actual spell).
A workaround for this has been to just copy and add the Symbol to the name of the Spell.

It'll be in the next version - see this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-info-and-feedback&p=447179&viewfull=1#post447179

I also have a question: I've noticed that the Actions are largely unused. I remember having a module by ShadeRaven to add all the actions, but I thought that once I had the official module I'd have them. The real question is: Are they ever going be used for anything, or is it something that will be phased out with updates? I'm curious because I plan on adding the actions myself, but I don't want to see my work wasted either because the Actions got removed or because they got added officially. Also, right now I might be misusing it but I can't actually add Actions to the Action tab (sounds silly, right)? So what's the plan for them? Right now I'm creating most of the class actions as Spells as a Workaround.
At present they are unused, but I do have plans for them. See the last bullet point (currently) of the planned features in post #3.

I wouldn't recommend doing much/any data entry into them at present as the data format and functionality will more than likely change in the future.

At present all the "actions" are used for is as a information only entry, that you can drag/drop to a formatted text field. I may remove them temporarily so that people don't spend any time entering data that might be wasted later on...

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:26
What is the difference between the update and owning the CRB?
I don't understand the question.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2019, 16:30
Looking at the CRB it says that Sorcerers get 1 Focus Point unless they pick a class feat that grants more. Looking in fantasy grounds it calculates the Focus using Charisma mod. Is this a bug or did I miss something in the book?
This is a bug. Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue CR2.017.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 04:41
I've worked through fixing a few issues over the weekend. See if the Google sheet linked in post #2 for fixes. These should go out with the usual product on Tuesday.

Headhuntergaming
August 5th, 2019, 07:12
Just ran a bit of "The Fall of Plaguestone" found a couple of things.

Suggested Improvements

Monsters need the same per attack penalty buttons that the players do on their character sheets.

The backgrounds from "The Fall of Plaguestone" module do not apply to character sheets the way they do as the backgrounds from the core rulebook.

Awesome job getting this out as early as you did! Great work!

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 07:19
Monsters need the same per attack penalty buttons that the players do on their character sheets.
For NPC multi-attack penalties use the modifier window:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28258

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 07:22
Awesome job getting this out as early as you did! Great work!
Thanks! Lots still to do, but we're getting there.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Thanks. :)

sciencephile
August 5th, 2019, 08:23
Just ran a bit of "The Fall of Plaguestone" found a couple of things.
The backgrounds from "The Fall of Plaguestone" module do not apply to character sheets the way they do as the backgrounds from the core rulebook.

Thank you for letting us know. I have fixed the issue with the backgrounds. You should see the fix within the next few days.

Skellan
August 5th, 2019, 18:11
I may just be being dumb (it has been known), but shouldn't the proficiency bonuses be 2, 4, 6, and 8, respectively?

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:14
I may just be being dumb (it has been known), but shouldn't the proficiency bonuses be 2, 4, 6, and 8, respectively?
2/4/6/8 plus level.

Where are you seeing it differently?

Skellan
August 5th, 2019, 18:19
Bob the halfling fighter's skills are giving +3 for trained +5 for expert etc. Also saves are calculating the same.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:24
Bob the halfling fighter's skills are giving +3 for trained +5 for expert etc. Also saves are calculating the same.
I assume Bob is level 1? At level 1 trained = +3 (base trained proficiency of 2 plus the level).

will9k
August 5th, 2019, 18:24
When I try to build a test encounter and add a creature neither the Refresh CR or Refresh XP buttons seem to work.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:28
When I try to build a test encounter and add a creature neither the Refresh CR or Refresh XP buttons seem to work.
Correct. Sorry, but that hasn't been implemented yet as XP (and CR) is completely different in PF2.

I've logged this as CR2.022 in the Ruleset issues list and also added to post #3 (future features).

For the short term, manually calculate encounter XP based off the guidelines in Chapter 10. With tomorrow's update, the required tables are included at the end of the Reference Manual in Tables -> C10 - Tables:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28278

DevilDraco
August 5th, 2019, 18:31
When playing around with leveling up a monk, I noticed that at level 10 it pops up the attribute boosts window twice. Also when reaching level 20 it didn't bring up the window for the final attribute boosts.

Skellan
August 5th, 2019, 18:32
I assume Bob is level 1? At level 1 trained = +3 (base trained proficiency of 2 plus the level).

Yep. Nothing to see here. Moving along...

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:35
Yep. Nothing to see here. Moving along...
:) It takes a bit of getting used to - attacks, spells, DCs (AC is also a DC) all increase with level if you have proficiency.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 18:39
When playing around with leveling up a monk, I noticed that at level 10 it pops up the attribute boosts window twice. Also when reaching level 20 it didn't bring up the window for the final attribute boosts.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.033. Fixed in next release.

Headhuntergaming
August 5th, 2019, 20:08
I was aware of the modifier window, for the multi attack penalties, I was merely suggesting the implementation of something more streamlined like the buttons that players get on their sheets. It’s all crazy and new and I know you guys are doing your best! :D

Trenloe
August 5th, 2019, 20:10
I was aware of the modifier window, for the multi attack penalties, I was merely suggesting the implementation of something more streamlined like the buttons that players get on their sheets. It’s all crazy and new and I know you guys are doing your best! :D
It's a good idea. Something for way down the line when I look at tracking actions... In the meantime the modifier buttons are the way to go.

rickyhunt
August 6th, 2019, 01:43
The effects are missing a bonus type, status. It seems to be fairly common with spells.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 01:46
The effects are missing a bonus type, status. It seems to be fairly common with spells.
Thanks for reporting.

Has been reported before and logged as RS2.011 - it is fixed in the next release.

bmanula
August 6th, 2019, 12:27
Sorry to interrupt all the great bug reporting with a stupid question, but I'm a little confused on what the difference is between the (free) ruleset and the ($60) Core Rulebook? Is it possible to play the game with just the free ruleset? What does the CRB add to that experience? Is it better reference to the rules or is it more implementation which isn't present in the ruleset?

Talyn
August 6th, 2019, 12:47
Sorry to interrupt all the great bug reporting with a stupid question, but I'm a little confused on what the difference is between the (free) ruleset and the ($60) Core Rulebook? Is it possible to play the game with just the free ruleset? What does the CRB add to that experience? Is it better reference to the rules or is it more implementation which isn't present in the ruleset?

The ruleset is all the coding under the hood that lets FG know what actions and dice rolls are supposed to do. The CRB is the reference material (here are the classes, the races, the ancestries, the feats, spells, items, etc.) you'd build your characters and NPCs with. There is no SRD yet for the PFRPG2 ruleset yet (estimated six months before they arrive) so of course you can play for "free" — you'd be spending the time to input all that data yourself (pro tip: just input the little bits you actually need to play right away then slowly add the rest as you go along) vs. spending the money where someone already did the work for you (and as features get added to the ruleset, the CRB will be updated for free to support those new features).

hawkwind
August 6th, 2019, 14:44
The ruleset is all the coding under the hood that lets FG know what actions and dice rolls are supposed to do. The CRB is the reference material (here are the classes, the races, the ancestries, the feats, spells, items, etc.) you'd build your characters and NPCs with. There is no SRD yet for the PFRPG2 ruleset yet (estimated six months before they arrive) so of course you can play for "free" — you'd be spending the time to input all that data yourself (pro tip: just input the little bits you actually need to play right away then slowly add the rest as you go along) vs. spending the money where someone already did the work for you (and as features get added to the ruleset, the CRB will be updated for free to support those new features).

The SRD is live already

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 14:56
The SRD is live already
The base SRD is live. But this data has not been converted for FG yet, and won't be for at least 6 months, which is what Talyn was referring to.

@bmanula Welcome to the FG forums!

There's further discussion regarding the content of the Core Rules, and whether you can get along without it, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50259-Starting-as-a-new-user-Do-I-need-any-DLC-gt-Pathfinder-2E

DevilDraco
August 6th, 2019, 16:08
So, playing around with attack rolls in the system, I noticed that it is set that rolling a 20 is a critical and rolling a 1 is an automatic miss. You might already have plans for this and know about it, but just in case I wanted to point out that in PF2E, a roll of 20 or a roll of 1 just raises or lowers the success by a step and isn't necessarily a critical hit or critical failure.

20 can still miss the target or be merely a regular success rather than a crit depending on where the roll result is compared to their AC, while a 1 could actually still be a hit if say you rolled 10 over their AC, but it just turns the critical you would have gotten into a regular success.

Pg. 445 in the CRB, under Determine the degree of success and effect if you need to look it up at all. :)

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 16:10
So, playing around with attack rolls in the system, I noticed that it is set that rolling a 20 is a critical and rolling a 1 is an automatic miss. You might already have plans for this and know about it, but just in case I wanted to point out that in PF2E, a roll of 20 or a roll of 1 just raises or lowers the success by a step and isn't necessarily a critical hit or critical failure.

20 can still miss the target or be merely a regular success rather than a crit depending on where the roll result is compared to their AC, while a 1 could actually still be a hit if say you rolled 10 over their AC, but it just turns the critical you would have gotten into a regular success.

Pg. 445 in the CRB, under Determine the degree of success and effect if you need to look it up at all. :)
Thanks for reminding me, I had that in the back of my mind. Logged as RS2.024.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 20:26
Release 2 if the ruleset is now live - perform an updated and you should see version v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) in the chat window. See the issue list (linked in post #2) for details of what is included in the this release.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28309

ShadeRaven
August 6th, 2019, 21:55
So I was trying to figure out what some traits were not getting applied when it came to things like SAVE: effects. The Boggard Swampseer, for example, has the Terrifying Croak. It includes the trait fear. When this is put up against the Satyr's Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 3 will, item, fear), it rolled it's save with the +3 effect included. Beautiful!

However, when I cast the FEAR spell (also a Boggard ability), no luck. It would apply the +1 from Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 1 will, item), but not the +3. Hrm.

Long story short, I figured it out. When spells are dragged and dropped from the Spell Tab, they get there traits in ALL CAPS, with no commas as separators - and therein lies the problem. Those commas apparently are the key because when I added them to the Fear spell, the +3 vs fear trait worked and the saving throw was further enhanced.

Hopefully, you can fix it so that traits can be identified without the comma separator or that's a lot of spells to add commas to :p

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 22:05
So I was trying to figure out what some traits were not getting applied when it came to things like SAVE: effects. The Boggard Swampseer, for example, has the Terrifying Croak. It includes the trait fear. When this is put up against the Satyr's Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 3 will, item, fear), it rolled it's save with the +3 effect included. Beautiful!

However, when I cast the FEAR spell (also a Boggard ability), no luck. It would apply the +1 from Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 1 will, item), but not the +3. Hrm.

Long story short, I figured it out. When spells are dragged and dropped from the Spell Tab, they get there traits in ALL CAPS, with no commas as separators - and therein lies the problem. Those commas apparently are the key because when I added them to the Fear spell, the +3 vs fear trait worked and the saving throw was further enhanced.

Hopefully, you can fix it so that traits can be identified without the comma separator or that's a lot of spells to add commas to :p
I think I'm going to have to change back to using commas, more based off that one "Sea Devil" trait you found than anything else. Until Paizo start using traits with commas... ;)

vyruxx
August 7th, 2019, 00:37
hello!!! or I am doing something wrong or striking weapons continue without adding extra damage

kaernunnos
August 7th, 2019, 01:48
hello!!! or I am doing something wrong or striking weapons continue without adding extra damage

You only added striking to the name from what I see. Drag another d6 to the damage to give the bonus it gets from striking.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 02:56
Add striking to the weapon properties before dragging to the PC sheet.

See the Items page in the Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet

If your weapon is already on the PC sheet then do as @kaernunnos mentions and manually add the extra damage dice.

Dr0W
August 7th, 2019, 03:22
Hey Trenloe, thanks for the update!

A few humble non-critical requests: To change the Lore and Perception skills on the Chargen for their respective lines on the Strings file. I've been working on the translation LPak for PF2, and the Chargen keeps trying to add "Lore" or "Perception", instead of the translated words. I've included where they are located at for your convenience, since I don't want to trouble you more than needed. And these are not critical, I know you have more stuff going on right now, but if you could log those to fix at some point I'd appreciate.

manager_background.lua

Lines, 111 and 140.
Swap "Lore" with Interface.getString("skill_value_lore")

manager_char.lua
Line, 2380.
Swap "Perception" with Interface.getString("skill_value_perception")

Thanks a lot for all the effort!

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 04:45
Hey Trenloe, thanks for the update!

A few humble non-critical requests: To change the Lore and Perception skills on the Chargen for their respective lines on the Strings file. I've been working on the translation LPak for PF2, and the Chargen keeps trying to add "Lore" or "Perception", instead of the translated words. I've included where they are located at for your convenience, since I don't want to trouble you more than needed. And these are not critical, I know you have more stuff going on right now, but if you could log those to fix at some point I'd appreciate.

manager_background.lua

Lines, 111 and 140.
Swap "Lore" with Interface.getString("skill_value_lore")

manager_char.lua
Line, 2380.
Swap "Perception" with Interface.getString("skill_value_perception")

Thanks a lot for all the effort!
I've made those changes (by the way, those files have changed today!). This should be in the update next week.

Dr0W
August 7th, 2019, 04:59
I've made those changes (by the way, those files have changed today!). This should be in the update next week.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been watching them closely! I've already updated the strings and made a few updates to match the correct terms in portuguese. Little by little I want to add the automation to recognize as many expressions in portuguese as possible, and maybe have a talk with the company in charge of PF2e in Brazil, who knows if they might get in touch with Paizo and SmiteWorks to have the brazilian module sold on FG?

Either way, I know much of the ruleset is going to change in the near future so I'll go slowly and wait for most things to be in place before making those changes.

darrenan
August 7th, 2019, 05:01
a very very very minor nit: the order of immunities, weaknesses and resistances on the NPC sheet does not match the bestiary. it offends my sensibilities ;-)

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2019, 05:05
The Choral (Choir Angel) has a feature it its aura I am not sure if there's script/code to handle. Checked the Wiki, but didn't see anything immediately, but it's late, so let me know if I missed something.

" .. gain a +2 status bonus to sonic damage rolls .. take a -2 status penalty to sonic damage rolls .."

Right now, it looks like the best that I can do is to put a simple DMG: 2 single use type effect that has to be used any time a sonic power deals damage. Haven't really looked around to see how often this type of feature is used, but I could see it being applied from feats, etc., as well. They are definitely making a lot of use of traits and this just might be another little feature we may have to deal with.

ShadeRaven
August 7th, 2019, 05:20
Same mob, little bit of an oddity (Choral):

The ranged attack was giving this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:1184: attempt to concatenate local 'sAttackType' (a nil value)

It starts out looking like this:
[one-action] piercing hymn +17 (good, magical, range 90 feet, sonic), Damage 4d6 sonic plus 1d6 good and deafening aria

After a bit of deconstruction, it was always when I added back in "and deafening aria" that the error popped up. Broke that down a little more, and the "and" was okay, but the error started with deafening. A little more trial and error resulted in literally anything I put after the "and" brought out the error. I changed it to "with" and it worked fine.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 13:04
a very very very minor nit: the order of immunities, weaknesses and resistances on the NPC sheet does not match the bestiary. it offends my sensibilities ;-)
We can't have your sensibilities offended! :) Logged as RS2.025, fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 13:23
Same mob, little bit of an oddity (Choral):

The ranged attack was giving this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:1184: attempt to concatenate local 'sAttackType' (a nil value)

It starts out looking like this:
[one-action] piercing hymn +17 (good, magical, range 90 feet, sonic), Damage 4d6 sonic plus 1d6 good and deafening aria

After a bit of deconstruction, it was always when I added back in "and deafening aria" that the error popped up. Broke that down a little more, and the "and" was okay, but the error started with deafening. A little more trial and error resulted in literally anything I put after the "and" brought out the error. I changed it to "with" and it worked fine.
Logged as RS2.026. Fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 13:25
The Choral (Choir Angel) has a feature it its aura I am not sure if there's script/code to handle. Checked the Wiki, but didn't see anything immediately, but it's late, so let me know if I missed something.

" .. gain a +2 status bonus to sonic damage rolls .. take a -2 status penalty to sonic damage rolls .."

Right now, it looks like the best that I can do is to put a simple DMG: 2 single use type effect that has to be used any time a sonic power deals damage. Haven't really looked around to see how often this type of feature is used, but I could see it being applied from feats, etc., as well. They are definitely making a lot of use of traits and this just might be another little feature we may have to deal with.
That's pretty complex and an edge case. I doubt I'll do anything to automate that any time soon. I'll look at it again if there turns out to be lots of abilities like this.

madman
August 7th, 2019, 14:45
Speaking of sensibilities. RFRPG2 Ruleset is in the title of the thread?

Trenloe
August 7th, 2019, 14:50
Speaking of sensibilities. RFRPG2 Ruleset is in the title of the thread?
Wow, how didn't I notice that! Thanks!!!

lostsanityreturned
August 8th, 2019, 04:30
For NPC multi-attack penalties use the modifier window:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28258

I don't believe this takes into consideration agile for the creatures does it?

I would still advise anyone reading this to make your first attack against the target and then roll the next two in chat rather than using the modifier (using mental arithmetic). Otherwise it adds a good 5-10s to every turn multiple attacks are used.

I will make a hotkey modifier extension for interested parties though.

kaernunnos
August 8th, 2019, 05:24
Edit: oops update fixed

ShadeRaven
August 8th, 2019, 12:15
How far down the list is automation of Persistent Damage that comes off of attack strings?

In doing all these creatures from the Bestiary, I've changed the ".. plus x persistent .." to " .. and .." then added a Spell Tab entry to apply it there. Certainly works for the time being. Just curious if it's on the horizon and I should be prepared to fix all those attack strings.

To be clear, I am overjoyed at all the automation and work going into this already! What can I say, I am a curious cat :p

vyruxx
August 8th, 2019, 14:04
Hello... In the CT when the player's life goes down, it ends below zero and in PF2 it can never go below 0.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:44
I don't believe this takes into consideration agile for the creatures does it?
Absolutely it does. If the the agile trait is in the attack entry it applies -4 (Multi Atk #2) or -8 (Multi Atk #3)

I would still advise anyone reading this to make your first attack against the target and then roll the next two in chat rather than using the modifier (using mental arithmetic). Otherwise it adds a good 5-10s to every turn multiple attacks are used.
It's a small window, keep it open in the bottom left or wherever is handy (next to the CT if you're rolling from the CT). It takes me 1 second per attack (not 5-10 seconds per turn) to apply a multi-attack penalty before rolling. But, hey, if you don't like clicking buttons then do whatever works for you. :)

Like I have said previously - I will be looking at action automation sometime down the road. At which point there will be better/easier to use functionality for multi-attack penalties. In the meantime, use the buttons in the modifier window or calculate it manually - whichever you find better for your gaming style.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:46
How far down the list is automation of Persistent Damage that comes off of attack strings?
Somewhere down the road.

Just curious if it's on the horizon and I should be prepared to fix all those attack strings.
Depends how far away the horizon is... ;)

Sorry, but I'm not sure and I'm not going to commit to anything at this point.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:47
Hello... In the CT when the player's life goes down, it ends below zero and in PF2 it can never go below 0.
Yep, death/dying/wounded have not been automated yet. See "Future Features" in post #3.

rickyhunt
August 9th, 2019, 00:37
Just started my first game tonight and rolled for initiative with the combat tracker menu and players with +6 or higher inits are rolling a 2 init.

rickyhunt
August 9th, 2019, 01:28
Giving the party a short rest didn't reset focus spell points. Just discovered that it requires 2 short rests to equal a 10 minute PF2 short rest. The wizard has a spell class for focus spells that was just created when the character was created. The cleric has 2 focus spells, but doesn't have a focus spell class and I can't find a way to create one manually. I can only choose between prepared and spontaneous if I make a new blank spell class.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 01:28
Just started my first game tonight and rolled for initiative with the combat tracker menu and players with +6 or higher inits are rolling a 2 init.
Get the players to roll their initiative themselves from the main page of the character sheet. I haven't implemented PC initiative rolls directly in the CT yet.

More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50248-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Core-Rules-module-info-and-feedback&p=447382&highlight=initiative#post447382

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 01:35
Giving the party a short rest didn't reset focus spell points. Just discovered that it requires 2 short rests to equal a 10 minute PF2 short rest.
Resting is not implemented yet. I don't think I'll do anything for short rests - there's not really a generic short rest mechanic in PF2. There are plenty of exploration activities that take 10 minutes, but PCs might do different activities during that 10- minutes. I'll remove the whole short rest option from the ruleset.

8 hour rest isn't currently PF2 compatible. Logged as RS2.027.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 04:28
Resting is not implemented yet. I don't think I'll do anything for short rests - there's not really a generic short rest mechanic in PF2. There are plenty of exploration activities that take 10 minutes, but PCs might do different activities during that 10- minutes. I'll remove the whole short rest option from the ruleset.

8 hour rest isn't currently PF2 compatible. Logged as RS2.027.
Short rest removed, long rest fixed in next release.

ShadeRaven
August 9th, 2019, 09:51
Feature Request:

On Page 26 of the Core Rules, there's a Sidebar that gives the option for Voluntary Flaws (in short, basically 2 flaws and 1 boost with some caveats). When alternative methods for character creation is added, it would be nice if this were incorporated as well (options toggle or just the ability to unlock stats for manual adjustment). :)

goodmanje
August 9th, 2019, 11:15
Will eventually need to determine Critical Success, Success, Failure, and Critical Failure. Spells that allow a basic save will use that to determine damage. I'm sure ya'll already know that.

rickyhunt
August 9th, 2019, 12:18
Please don't remove short rest. It's the only way that I can advance the clock without having to do 20 rounds at a time. It would be great if it were 10 minutes, but I will be happy with 5 if you leave it in.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 15:25
Please don't remove short rest. It's the only way that I can advance the clock without having to do 20 rounds at a time. It would be great if it were 10 minutes, but I will be happy with 5 if you leave it in.
Please explain the use case for this. You don't actually "advance the clock" - the round counter is reset to 1 and nothing is changed on the campaign calendar time. Exactly what functionality are you looking for? Maybe there's other ways to do this. I don't like leaving something called "short rest" in the ruleset when PF2 doesn't have any mechanics behind it, it will just cause confusion.

madman
August 9th, 2019, 16:13
People use the short rest to remove the short duration spell effects from the tracker. Rather than advancing the tracker 60 times.

Skellan
August 9th, 2019, 16:30
If you right click on the next round button you can advance the tracker in blocks of 20.

Or the menu button on the tracker has a clear expiring effects option.

One of these may work for you

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 16:31
People use the short rest to remove the short duration spell effects from the tracker. Rather than advancing the tracker 60 times.
The CT already has options: advance the tracker 20 rounds and also remove expiring effects.

Aren't these enough? Or do we need something like "Leave encounter mode" (or "Enter exploration mode") that resets the initiative (short rest currently does that) and expires effects (or reduces them) with a certain duration or less?

I want to provide something that matches PF2 functionality and makes sense in the PF2 RPG system.

This discussion started because there was already confusion about "a PF2 short rest" and that it should reset focus points, etc. - when there's no such thing as a short rest in PF2. So if I do anything (even just renaming the 3.5E "short rest" to something else) I want it to make sense for PF2, both in name and what it does.

rickyhunt
August 9th, 2019, 17:24
There are a lot of things in 2e that depend on a 10 minute break, healing with Medicine, identifying items, recovering your Shield spell after Blocking. It is pretty clear that they expect short rests to come in multiples of 10 minutes. I would rather not have to advance the CT 20 5 times (along with the chat box spam) in order to tick off 10 minutes. After I did 2 5 minute short rests in the above example, the focus points came back. That seems like a reasonable use case.

I don't know how many spells have a duration of longer than 10 minutes, but shorter than all day, in 2e. That's the other main thing I used short rest for in PF1, was to track and advance those durations.

I just searched the Core PDF for "10 minute" and you can barely advance 5 pages without finding another reference to "rest for 10 minutes" or "refocus for 10 minutes". They may not call it a 10 minute rest, but that's what it effectively is.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2019, 17:34
There are a lot of things in 2e that depend on a 10 minute break, healing with Medicine, identifying items, recovering your Shield spell after Blocking. It is pretty clear that they expect short rests to come in multiples of 10 minutes. I would rather not have to advance the CT 20 5 times (along with the chat box spam) in order to tick off 10 minutes. After I did 2 5 minute short rests in the above example, the focus points came back. That seems like a reasonable use case.
OK, this is what I'm trying to clarify. Thanks for the feedback.

Can we start by getting terminology correct - "short rest" is not a term or process in PF2. There are many 10 minute exploration mode activities (some you mention, thanks for that), but each individual PC needs to decide what (if any) of those activities they will undertake - and they are doing activities, they are not "resting". Hence the reason why I originally decided to remove "short rest" specifically from the PF2 ruleset - because that terminology means nothing in PF2. I know this might sound like I'm being pedantic, but it's very important to have features and functionality that makes sense, both in wording and in operation, for PF2.

How about I add in an option that is "Exploration mode activity (10 mins)" or some other wording? This will: reset the initiative of everyone in the combat tracker and set the round count to 1 (because we're now in exploration mode - encounter mode, and therefore initiative, no longer applies) and reduce all currently active effect duration by 100 rounds?

rickyhunt
August 9th, 2019, 17:50
That sounds awesome, thanks.

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2019, 03:57
So I noticed when I was walking Liz through character creation tonight (we are preparing to start a campaign and she used the tracker to build her Dwarven Fighter), there were a couple of hiccups or areas of confusion.

1) The Fighter Feat 1 created a little confusion. It said Feature 'Fighter Feat 1' added to Ravahana, but it didn't show up in the Abilities section. Seeing the actual Class Feature explaining when she gets the class feats would have been helpful, she thought.
2) This one is a little more difficult to fix, and I think others mentioned it, but the Skills section caused some problems. Not knowing which ones came from class and background made it a bit harder for her and a total count of skills might have been nice so she knew how many she had trained. So if she had seen, when it was time to choose 4 new ones, that she already had 4, she could shoot for 8 knowing that was her target number.
3) Also in skills, when it added "Lore - Legal" from Bounty Hunter, she only found "Lore" in skills.
4) Finally, having been spoiled by 5E, having the Adventurer's pack "explode" into the individual pieces would have made it easier for her to determine if there were things she wanted beyond what that contained.

The rest went well, with some aid and explanation, and she's excited to give PF2 a try. She had never played PF1 but is enthusiastic to try the new edition.

kaernunnos
August 10th, 2019, 05:08
3) Also in skills, when it added "Lore - Legal" from Bounty Hunter, she only found "Lore" in skills.

When the edit button up top is pressed, there are 2 options. Add skill, and Add Lore. The lore one creates a lore skill with an editable line to specify which lore skill it is. I think there are close to 2 dozen or more lore skills possible, with more added in Hellknight Hill and likely each future adventure, as well as any the GM wants to add for their campaign, so hard coding each lore skill would reduce functionality.

Edit: re-reading I think you actually mean the background wasn't adding the proper Lore skill, my mistake.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 06:20
Let me state what has been stated before. Fantasy Grounds is not a character creation application. It aids you in putting your character together, but it is not a replacement for knowing the rules and it most certainly is not a full blown character creation application. It never will be.

Having said that, the chargen tracker gives you guidance in what you should be doing - but you still need to do things manually. It helps you by indicating what to do manually in big red text with +++ at the beginning.

Sorry if this comes across as patronising, it's not meant to be but I *really* want to get across how the chargen tracker should be used and how it guides you in what you should be manually doing to create your character.

1) The Fighter Feat 1 created a little confusion. It said Feature 'Fighter Feat 1' added to Ravahana, but it didn't show up in the Abilities section. Seeing the actual Class Feature explaining when she gets the class feats would have been helpful, she thought.
Guidance is given in the big red entries in the chargen tracker. Anything that is big, red and starts with +++ means it's something *you* have to do to your character. Having something appear in the abilities section, like "1 class feat" that you then have to remove is basically double-entry - so that won't appear in your abilities. Follow the instructions in the chargen tracker.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28389

And, very important, scroll back through the log in the lower window of the chargen tracker and look for all of the big red +++ entries - these are things you need to do.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28390

2) This one is a little more difficult to fix, and I think others mentioned it, but the Skills section caused some problems. Not knowing which ones came from class and background made it a bit harder for her and a total count of skills might have been nice so she knew how many she had trained. So if she had seen, when it was time to choose 4 new ones, that she already had 4, she could shoot for 8 knowing that was her target number.
Keep track of the big red text with +++ at the beginning - this will tell you how many skills you get to train - see the example screenshot above.

I can't recreate this. Adding (drag/drop) bounty hunter does this for me:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28391

If this didn't appear to work for you, please attach the character XML - click the blue down arrow button in the top right of the chargen tracker to export the XML to a file - please attach that file to this thread so I can look at it. Thanks.

4) Finally, having been spoiled by 5E, having the Adventurer's pack "explode" into the individual pieces would have made it easier for her to determine if there were things she wanted beyond what that contained.
This has yet to be implemented. But has already been logged as CR2.007.

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2019, 06:59
For starters... Don't get me wrong! I think the Tracker is a tremendous aid and it's inclusion is a great boon! You could quite literally say, "That's all I am doing on that, folks!", and it would already be an appreciated inclusion. There are other more critical things, for certain. That said, her comments to me and my reporting are intended only as an aid to understanding how our personal experiences with it are going for you to take or leave as you deem appropriate.

Yeah, I tried to work with her on making sure that the red text was done, but I think there's some spam of items that get added all at once and sometimes it's slips down through the cracks. Any chance the +++ Critical Interaction items could be added after the spam or maybe the automatic items are added in a separate box?

As far as the skills go, the main problem was that she wasn't sure what skills she was supposed to have, etc. Again, new player to PF having only started with D&D 5E. We backtracked to see what she got automatically so that when she was back at her skill screen, she knew how many she was supposed to add. I think she missed the initial add 4 (in her case), so when I told her she had some skills to add based on intelligence plus class base, she was a little lost.

I went back and reviewed post 3 (on this thread) and realized some of her concerns were covered there. Ooops. :D

yarnevk
August 10th, 2019, 17:31
How about I add in an option that is "Exploration mode activity (10 mins)" or some other wording?

210 uses of 10 mins in the CRB .pdf - most commonly

for (at least) (only)
spend(ing)
with
cast/duration/lasting
take(s)
every/per/upto

How about the simpler 'Take 10 mins' as a bit of play on words for the classic 'Take 10' skill check for routine easy tasks which is probably where it came from to begin with.

Sometimes you are resting in that 10 minutes, Second Wind ... 'you’re fatigued until you rest for 10 minutes'

Bidmaron
August 10th, 2019, 17:39
I would not like the 'Take 10 mins'. Those familiar with PF1 will say "Hey, there is no take 10 (or 20) in PF2" (Assurance took the place of Take 10). We need to be careful and keep the terminology of the game in mind. Maybe "Explore 10 min"?

yarnevk
August 10th, 2019, 18:00
But that is what you would say anyways though - 'You take a short rest' becomes 'You take 10 mins' and you then describe what is being done in that 10 minutes: exploring, resting, casting, fixing, concentrating, fidgeting while you wait for other party members....

I highly doubt anyone will confuse it for a Take 10 skill mechanic as long as it is spelled out as "Take 10 mins" which is already conventional language outside TTRPG to mean take a break doing something else. Your DM/GM probably says that when it is time for a bio break IRL. Google the phrase and you get several billion hits.

Actually nowhere is the phrase 'exploration activity' used with '10 mins' in the book. Rather exploration activities are instead longer than a round and shorter riskier than downtime they can be seconds, mins, hours, or days. There are some things that you can be doing that are described as taking 10 minutes, there are other things that are not.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2019, 18:42
It's not a rest and it's not taking 10. The request was to not remove the "short rest" functionality from the PF1 ruleset - which triggered a discussion as to what was needed instead, with PF2 functionality and terminology in mind. Hence it was decided that reducing the effect duration timer 10 minutes, as well as resetting the combat tracker initiative values and round counter, was the most useful.

I'm going to implement this as showing "+10 mins Exploration activity" for the tooltip on the radial menu, and the chat window will say "Party carries out Encounter mode activities for 10 minutes."

yarnevk
August 11th, 2019, 19:46
The party sheet XP encounter award is splitting XP, when each PC is supposed to get all the XP. Not knowing this is a legacy change will leave your party way under level.

pg507 "Encounters with adversaries and hazards grant a set amount of XP. When the group overcomes an encounter with creatures or hazards, each character gains XP equal to the total XP of the creatures and hazards in the encounter (this excludes XP adjustments for different party sizes; see Party Size on page 508 for details)."

Implementing it fully would require the encounter table to track the adjusted total used to balance for the party vs. the original total used to award the party without splitting/adjusting. But until then it could at least award the total XP from the encounter table rather than splitting, as adjusted parties can then adjust the XP needed to level amount.

There are several workarounds

Tedious manual way is on the PC Class&Level page do XP math as you would on a paper sheet.

Semi-automated way on the encounter table is multiply the XP by party size so that when the XP award gets split it is proper

Set it and forget it way - on the PC Class&Level page manually divide the XP needed by the party size. XP needed is a static amount per level so only need to adjust if the party size changes or if this award issue is later fixed.

For all three methods if you adjust the encounter do not refresh the XP.

sciencephile
August 11th, 2019, 20:41
For what it's worth, Fall of Plaguestone and Age of Ashes should be divvying out xp correctly (at least for a party of 4) as I entered experience awards as value * 4 so when it did split, it would come out correct.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2019, 20:51
Assuming there are four PCs....

sciencephile
August 11th, 2019, 21:33
Assuming there are four PCs....

It's a pretty good assumption since the adventures say they are meant for 4 players. :)

This is just a temporary fix anyway until the xp is in its final stage. Trenloe has lots of things to do and features to improve. He has done a great job so far and I was just trying to relieve a little bit of concern for those who are planning on using the adventures to run their games.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2019, 21:34
And we thank you!

yarnevk
August 12th, 2019, 00:04
For what it's worth, Fall of Plaguestone and Age of Ashes should be divvying out xp correctly (at least for a party of 4) as I entered experience awards as value * 4 so when it did split, it would come out correct.

I think you are doing the same as I suggested as one of the workarounds?

"Semi-automated way on the encounter table is multiply the XP by party size so that when the XP award gets split it is proper"

The party XP page does divides XP by party size, just pointing out it is supposed to not divide XP per the CRB. So it needs logged as a ruleset bug, and people need to make themselves aware of the workarounds until it is fixed.

ShadeRaven
August 12th, 2019, 00:07
So I am getting ready to put out the first of a little series of modules for PF2 on FG and the whole XP thing does come to mind.

My initial thought is to simply put in an Adjusting XP or Challenge for Larger or Smaller Parties section within each encounter. For the most part, Hazards I don't think need the party size adjustments and the Accomplishment Awards (mainly story/plot rewards) definitely don't need it. Beneath that section, I think some advice on how to change the encounter size to fit a non-standard party or how to divvy current XPs to a non-standard group is how I plan on going right now.

Table 10-1 (page 489) in the CRB gives a good idea of what to shoot for. So for a 1st level Moderate encounter, there a 20 XP character adjustment. This means adding or subtracting 20 XP per character above or below 4 for the party size. So if I have that encounter with an Orc Warrior (C1), Orc Brute (C0), and Giant Rat (C-1) to get a moderate 90 XP encounter, I can advise doing things like dropping the rat for a party of 3 or adding another rat for a party of 5. Neither one will really be exactly on target, but close enough to be in the spirit of a moderate 90 XP encounter.

Or I could suggest leaving the encounter as is, but dividing the XPs as appropriate for party size. So a group of 3 would get 120 XPs each for that battle while a group of 5 gets 72 or 6 gets 60.

In general, I think just moderate adjustments to encounters is best... or, especially as this is early on in the rules, just go with milestone leveling for things like the AP where there are expected points where characters should make level 2, 3, etc., and not worry about individual XP tracking.

Trenloe
August 12th, 2019, 02:21
The next release of the ruleset already has direct encounter/quest assignment of XP from the Party Sheet - what you see in the party sheet won't be divided amount the PCs, it will be allocated direct. The XP values in encounters and quests for Hellknight Hill and Fall of Plaguestone are correct for this per-PC assignment - no need to make any changes once release 3 rolls out (Tuesday).

The issue with additional/less PCs is a bit fiddly to implement. The main thing to keep in mind is that the XP adjustment is just in terms of creature balance in the encounter - the rules state that you don't give out more or less XP if you adjust the encounter budget based off the number of PCs, you should still award the 4 PC XP level for more or less PCs. The rules are also very vague for XP calculations when the PCs aren't all the same level. With this in mind, I'm going to keep the level of auto XP calculation very light in the ruleset - allowing the GM to change encounters as they wish and adjust the per PC XP allocation appropriately.

DevilDraco
August 12th, 2019, 03:18
I didn't see it in the google docs stuff, so I don't know if it has been said already. I noticed that when characters take damage beyond their max hp in wounds, it continues adding to the number instead of stopping at the same value as their max hp.

So like say someone has 20 max hp, they could have something like 26 wounds. Then when they are healed to get them out of dying state the heal spell won't give them the correct amount back since it subtracts from the wounds value. Since PF2 uses the dying system, wounds shouldn't be exceeding the max hp like that.

sciencephile
August 12th, 2019, 03:26

So, apparently I am living part of my life in the upside-down and I thought I had made the workaround (when in truth I didn't) - must have been done for the demigorgon's version of the game. In reality, I was doing it for another module and thought I had done it for the previous PF 2 adventures.

In any case, Trenloe will have the xp working correctly in the very, very near future so no harm done (except for me making a fool of myself on the forum). This is why I don't do a lot of posting and just work behind the scenes :)

Trenloe
August 12th, 2019, 03:36
I didn't see it in the google docs stuff, so I don't know if it has been said already. I noticed that when characters take damage beyond their max hp in wounds, it continues adding to the number instead of stopping at the same value as their max hp.

So like say someone has 20 max hp, they could have something like 26 wounds. Then when they are healed to get them out of dying state the heal spell won't give them the correct amount back since it subtracts from the wounds value. Since PF2 uses the dying system, wounds shouldn't be exceeding the max hp like that.
This is covered in the "Semi-automation of dying/wounded conditions and death." future features in post #3 of this thread. Added as RS2.031 in the issue tracker.

DevilDraco
August 12th, 2019, 03:51
This is covered in the "Semi-automation of dying/wounded conditions and death." future features in post #3 of this thread. Added as RS2.031 in the issue tracker.

Okay, cool. :)

UltimateGM
August 12th, 2019, 13:54
SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU INTEND TO BE A PLAYER IN HELLKNIGHT HILL AP!!!

Trying to figure out where to report this but in the Age of Ashes: Hellknight Hill adventure the treasure parcels labeled Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 1), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 2), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 3), and Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 4) are all missing there lesser darkvision elixir.

Edited to include the AP text showing issue:

The storage lockers on the southern side
of this room are locked (DC 20 Thievery to pick the
locks). There are a total of four lockers. The lockers
each contain one low-grade silver bludgeoning
weapon (flail, light hammer, mace, and morningstar)
and a lesser darkvision elixir.

yarnevk
August 12th, 2019, 18:05
Or I could suggest leaving the encounter as is, but dividing the XPs as appropriate for party size. So a group of 3 would get 120 XPs each for that battle while a group of 5 gets 72 or 6 gets 60.

I think the reason for the rule is that module 'milestones' assume level appropriate encounters, but if you are over party size then everyone will be under leveled when they get to the next 'milestone'. This would require you to make up random encounters so that the next chapter starts at the right level. So it is probably easier to bump encounter difficulty but use module XP. Of course milestone leveling avoids any XP tracking and is another solution, but I see this is the CRB way of keeping tracked XP in sync with expected milestone levels.

Of course sandbox campaigns then there is no base difficulty no level required per chapter as you make it up as you go. But then you are presumably designing the encounters with your party size in mind so no adjustment needed.

sciencephile
August 13th, 2019, 00:42
SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU INTEND TO BE A PLAYER IN HELLKNIGHT HILL AP!!!

Trying to figure out where to report this but in the Age of Ashes: Hellknight Hill adventure the treasure parcels labeled Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 1), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 2), Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 3), and Citadel Altaerein, Holding Cells (Locker 4) are all missing there lesser darkvision elixir.

Edited to include the AP text showing issue:

The storage lockers on the southern side
of this room are locked (DC 20 Thievery to pick the
locks). There are a total of four lockers. The lockers
each contain one low-grade silver bludgeoning
weapon (flail, light hammer, mace, and morningstar)
and a lesser darkvision elixir.

The issue has been corrected and will roll out as an update in the near future. Thanks for reporting it.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 18:39
Lots of updates to the base PFRPG2 ruleset have gone out today - see the City Hall announcement: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50464-Release-Updates-for-August-13th-2019

Current issues and future changes can be tracked in the spreadsheet linked in post #2 of this thread.

yarnevk
August 14th, 2019, 05:04
Minor sheet formatting

Regular spells section shows spells as 'Prepared/Max' and 'Cast/Max'
Focus spells section shows focus points as 'Max/Used', it should be consistent ordering with the other section as 'Used/Max'

Minor workaround, hover over the field to figure out the ordering is backwards from rest of sheet and usual language conventions

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2019, 14:17
Hidden, Undetected, and Invisible not working. All need a DC 11 flat check similar to Concealed (CONC) with it's DC 5 flat check.

Probably be nice to have all three added to the Modifiers section so that if a player is taking a blind shot at a square hoping to hit a hidden creature, it roll the flat check without having a target (along with the generic attack roll). As for having it rolled hidden.... I don't know if you can just check to see if the Dice Tower is enabled to know if player rolls hidden is enabled.

Also, Greater Cover needs to be added as well (+4 instead of +2).

DevilDraco
August 14th, 2019, 19:05
Hidden, Undetected, and Invisible not working. All need a DC 11 flat check similar to Concealed (CONC) with it's DC 5 flat check.

Probably be nice to have all three added to the Modifiers section so that if a player is taking a blind shot at a square hoping to hit a hidden creature, it roll the flat check without having a target (along with the generic attack roll). As for having it rolled hidden.... I don't know if you can just check to see if the Dice Tower is enabled to know if player rolls hidden is enabled.

Also, Greater Cover needs to be added as well (+4 instead of +2).

Greater cover seems to be the Taken Cover modifier and the dc 11 flat check seems to be the sensed modifier. Though it looks like it won't roll the dc 11 check for sensed if you aren't targeting something.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 19:39
As has been mentioned a few times - effects and conditions have not been fully implemented/converted from the playtest. That will come soon...

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2019, 20:04
Greater cover seems to be the Taken Cover modifier and the dc 11 flat check seems to be the sensed modifier. Though it looks like it won't roll the dc 11 check for sensed if you aren't targeting something.
Cover: When you’re behind a physical obstacle, you get a +2 circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves vs. area effects, and Stealth checks. This increases to +4 for greater cover. Creatures can provide lesser cover: a +1 circumstance bonus to AC.

Hidden

While you’re hidden from a creature, that creature knows the space you’re in but can’t tell precisely where you are. You typically become hidden by using Stealth to Hide. When Seeking a creature using only imprecise senses, it remains hidden, rather than observed. A creature you’re hidden from is flat-footed to you, and it must succeed at a DC 11 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect or it fails affect you. Area effects aren’t subject to this flat check. A creature might be able to use the Seek action to try to observe you, as described on page 471.

Undetected

When you are undetected by a creature, that creature cannot see you at all, has no idea what space you occupy, and can’t target you, though you still can be affected by abilities that target an area. When you’re undetected by a creature, that creature is flat-footed to you.

A creature you’re undetected by can guess which square you’re in to try targeting you. It must pick a square and attempt an attack. This works like targeting a hidden creature (requiring a DC 11 flat check, as described on page 466), but the flat check and attack roll are rolled in secret by the GM, who doesn’t reveal whether the attack missed due to failing the flat check, failing the attack roll, or choosing the wrong square.

A creature can use the Seek action to try to find you, as described on page 471.

DevilDraco
August 14th, 2019, 20:29
Cover: When you’re behind a physical obstacle, you get a +2 circumstance bonus to AC, Reflex saves vs. area effects, and Stealth checks. This increases to +4 for greater cover. Creatures can provide lesser cover: a +1 circumstance bonus to AC.

Hidden

While you’re hidden from a creature, that creature knows the space you’re in but can’t tell precisely where you are. You typically become hidden by using Stealth to Hide. When Seeking a creature using only imprecise senses, it remains hidden, rather than observed. A creature you’re hidden from is flat-footed to you, and it must succeed at a DC 11 flat check when targeting you with an attack, spell, or other effect or it fails affect you. Area effects aren’t subject to this flat check. A creature might be able to use the Seek action to try to observe you, as described on page 471.

Undetected

When you are undetected by a creature, that creature cannot see you at all, has no idea what space you occupy, and can’t target you, though you still can be affected by abilities that target an area. When you’re undetected by a creature, that creature is flat-footed to you.

A creature you’re undetected by can guess which square you’re in to try targeting you. It must pick a square and attempt an attack. This works like targeting a hidden creature (requiring a DC 11 flat check, as described on page 466), but the flat check and attack roll are rolled in secret by the GM, who doesn’t reveal whether the attack missed due to failing the flat check, failing the attack roll, or choosing the wrong square.

A creature can use the Seek action to try to find you, as described on page 471.

Yeah, I know what they are. :P

If you open the modifiers window, Taken Cover = Greater Cover and gives a +4, though it doesn't yet work for reflex saves which I imagine Trenloe will eventually add. Also Sensed makes an attack roll and rolls the dc11 flat check for hidden, though it only rolls it if the attack would have hit in the first place (and I suppose it requires actually targeting the creature.)

Maybe what you meant by modifiers are effects you can add outside the modifier window? You just mentioned adding them to the modifiers section so I was pointing out that they are actually already there.

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2019, 21:02
oh , yeah.. lol.. I thought you meant they were replaced in the CRB... lol

But, yeah, you have to have a target for the DC 11 flat check to work :( No chance to "take a shot in the dark".

REQUEST: If it's not already on the list.. and I know the list is enormous... so try to take this only as a wish-list item... I'd love to have an EFFECT/TAG that works with the more generic boosts to CHECKs. There are a number of powers, etc., that simply say "+1 status bonus to all checks" (or something similar). Aesthetically and even for ease of use since remembering all the checks isn't always easy or straight forward, it would be nice to have.... but certainly not critical.

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 21:11
REQUEST: If it's not already on the list.. and I know the list is enormous... so try to take this only as a wish-list item... I'd love to have an EFFECT/TAG that works with the more generic boosts to CHECKs. There are a number of powers, etc., that simply say "+1 status bonus to all checks" (or something similar). Aesthetically and even for ease of use since remembering all the checks isn't always easy or straight forward, it would be nice to have.... but certainly not critical.
I can only see one focus spell (searching the core rules for "bonus to all"), but this is a good idea. Logged as RS2.038.

ShadeRaven
August 14th, 2019, 23:57
I can only see one focus spell (searching the core rules for "bonus to all"), but this is a good idea. Logged as RS2.038.Thanks. :)

There are creature abilities that do it... as I just finished Creature 10s, having come across another one, it was a reminder. I am not entirely how common (or rare in this case) they are in the CRB.

Ckorik
August 15th, 2019, 03:07
Is there a way to add the action icons through hotkey?

Trenloe
August 15th, 2019, 04:16
Is there a way to add the action icons through hotkey?
Not through a hotkey.

But there are a few different keywords that the ruleset looks for - see this post (and a few following): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension&p=448487&viewfull=1#post448487

Ckorik
August 16th, 2019, 00:34
Not through a hotkey.

But there are a few different keywords that the ruleset looks for - see this post (and a few following): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50314-PF2CreatureParser-Extension&p=448487&viewfull=1#post448487

Ahhh - those tricks do not work to setup your own actions or spells - I put [[A]] Rage in the spell name and it doesn't do anything. This is really not a critical issue - but a 'would be nice' type of thing.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2019, 00:39
I put [[A]] Rage in the spell name and it doesn't do anything.
They should work. You don't put the action in the name, you put it in the "Casting" field - exactly where the action icon appears in the spell entries in the core rulebook. Then lock/unlock or close/open the spell and the [[A]] will be replaced with the icon. Open spells from the Core Rules module and you'll see where the icons appear.

Ckorik
August 16th, 2019, 00:51
They should work. You don't put the action in the name, you put it in the "Casting" field - exactly where the action icon appears in the spell entries in the core rulebook. Then lock/unlock or close/open the spell and the [[A]] will be replaced with the icon. Open spells from the Core Rules module and you'll see where the icons appear.

HA! Ok that did work thank you - I just had to know the right place to put the darn thing.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2019, 05:33
HA! Ok that did work thank you - I just had to know the right place to put the darn thing.
Yeah, not every field does it - but I've tried to make sense with which fields have it. In the future I may have a little icon, or maybe just a * next to a field name if it supports icon replacement.

You can always use ALT-codes (hold down alt, type the code on the keypad - it has to be a keypad, and then release ALT) and the character will be added, even in fields that don't do the character conversion (and that use the standard font). Unfortunately, in order to not remove any other normally used characters, I've had to use the following codes - so they're not easy to remember:

0129 - Free action
0141 - One action
0143 - 2 actions
0144 - three actions
0157 - reaction

You must use all four digits (include the preceding 0).

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2019, 16:03
Yeah, not every field does it - but I've tried to make sense with which fields have it. In the future I may have a little icon, or maybe just a * next to a field name if it supports icon replacement.

You can always use ALT-codes (hold down alt, type the code on the keypad - it has to be a keypad, and then release ALT) and the character will be added, even in fields that don't do the character conversion (and that use the standard font). Unfortunately, in order to not remove any other normally used characters, I've had to use the following codes - so they're not easy to remember:

0129 - Free action
0141 - One action
0143 - 2 actions
0144 - three actions
0157 - reaction

You must use all for digits (include the preceding 0).

See, now I'm wondering who uses #0142 lower case l with a stroke, but doesn't need #0141 Upper case L with a stroke.

I'm asking because it seems that 0141 - 1 Action; 0142 - 2 actions; & 0143 - 3 actions would have been slightly more mnemonic.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2019, 16:11
See, now I'm wondering who uses #0142 lower case l with a stroke, but doesn't need #0141 Upper case L with a stroke.

I'm asking because it seems that 0141 - 1 Action; 0142 - 2 actions; & 0143 - 3 actions would have been slightly more mnemonic.
That's not the same code table that FG uses.

For what FG uses, see the "Extended ACII code" table here: https://www.ascii-code.com/ W're using pretty much the 5 codes that aren't assigned.

I know it's not easy to remember - hence why the ruleset will convert more memorable action text into the code (for appropriate fields).

Ampersandrew
August 16th, 2019, 16:15
That's not the same code table that FG uses.

Ah, I just assume everything is using unicode. But only the first 128 characters are the same in extended ASCII and unicode.

Joshmvii7
August 17th, 2019, 06:09
Feedback: Goblin Unbreakable heritage doesn't change HP to 10 from 6 for ancestry, right now has to be done through a misc. +4 bonus to HP.

Skellan
August 17th, 2019, 08:29
Would it be possible to have a little box to track hero points?

Gwydion
August 17th, 2019, 13:53
Would it be possible to have a little box to track hero points?

I'm using the core rpg extension for that for now and it works just fine.

Skellan
August 17th, 2019, 17:12
There's an extension? Awesome, thanks!

Dr0W
August 17th, 2019, 17:31
Feedback: Goblin Unbreakable heritage doesn't change HP to 10 from 6 for ancestry, right now has to be done through a misc. +4 bonus to HP.

No heritage is doing anything yet, since you get all the heritages added at once. Maybe in the future?

Trenloe
August 17th, 2019, 18:40
No heritage is doing anything yet, since you get all the heritages added at once. Maybe in the future?
Maybe...

But there will *never* be 100% automation of all heritages/abilities/class features/feats. Always, always, always, check your PC is correct. Fantasy Grounds will guide you in character creation (the PF2 chargen tracker helps more with that than before), but it won't create the character completely for you.

Joshmvii7
August 17th, 2019, 18:43
Maybe...

But there will *never* be 100% automation of all heritages/abilities/class features/feats. Always, always, always, check your PC is correct. Fantasy Grounds will guide you in character creation (the PF2 chargen tracker helps more with that than before), but it won't create the character completely for you.

In the case of the Goblin with unbreakable heritage, it's more about that I can't see any way to modify the base ancestry HP to reflect the right amount. Having to use a misc. field workaround doesn't seem intended.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2019, 18:49
In the case of the Goblin with unbreakable heritage, it's more about that I can't see any way to modify the base ancestry HP to reflect the right amount. Having to use a misc. field workaround doesn't seem intended.
That's exactly what the miscellaneous field is for - adding any set bonuses/penalties that apply to HP.

In the future (once the ability to select a heritage, rather than remove the ones you don't select) there *may* be some form of base functionality to parse out common abilities/features/feats. But there will always (always!) be cases that FG can't cater for. And as more products come out, those cases will only increase. Hence why there's the miscellaneous field there.

But, it's a good point, I'll look into changing the ancestry HP field in a future release to support modifiers via CTRL+mouse-wheel. Logged as RS2.032.

Joshmvii7
August 17th, 2019, 21:48
For what it's worth, when you hit the magnifying glass to bring up the HP window, the ancestry HP field is grey as though it should be editable, but you can't do it. To me the easiest solution would just be to make the ancestry HP on that screen editable for cases like unbreakable goblin.

ShadeRaven
August 18th, 2019, 03:52
Minor issue, mostly cosmetic, but could cause some confusion. Not really a ruleset issue, either, but the Core Rules module instead. Wasn't sure where to post it so I am tossing it here.

All of the Feather Token items have a small paragraph that's intended for just the Holly Bush entry in the middle of their descriptions. Easy to edit out when given out to characters, but did have me pause a second when I saw it just browsing through items.

I have still a few days left on our vacation here at Lake Ontario, but I figured you could use at least one post to remind you that I am still near enough to be that buzz in your ear that you can't quite seem to swat away ;)

Trenloe
August 18th, 2019, 04:14
All of the Feather Token items have a small paragraph that's intended for just the Holly Bush entry in the middle of their descriptions. Easy to edit out when given out to characters, but did have me pause a second when I saw it just browsing through items.
Thanks for the heads up. This is an issue with the Core Rule module data. Fixed in next release.

Enjoy your time "away"!

shadelon
August 18th, 2019, 05:41
Hey Trenloe, not sure if you're already aware of this or not, or maybe I just need to update again. I noticed the Crit modifier in the modifiers box is doubling the dice still as it was in the Playtest, but it was changed to double damage in the final.

Edit: Ignore me, I should have looked better. :joy:

Bidmaron
August 19th, 2019, 00:10
Trenloe, I don't ever recall taking the time to congratulate you on the theme for the new PF2 ruleset. I think you did an outstanding job duplicating the feel of the CRB. And the ruleset is just awesome, along with the speed at which you make bug fixes and add features.

UltimateGM
August 19th, 2019, 00:18
Trenloe, I don't ever recall taking the time to congratulate you on the theme for the new PF2 ruleset. I think you did an outstanding job duplicating the feel of the CRB. And the ruleset is just awesome, along with the speed at which you make bug fixes and add features.

I second that! I really love what you've done and I have said it before and I will say it again I know your love for Pathfinder is as deep as mine and I am so glad Smiteworks got you to do the rules. Nothing against anyone else I just know your heart is in it!

Joshmvii7
August 19th, 2019, 01:56
So how could I go about adding sneak attack damage to a rogue's attacks? I got it to work as an effect by adding "Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6" to an effect, but I wasn't sure if there's an easier way to have it be more automated for the rogue? Also, can I not set a damage type if I'm doing it as an effect like that? If I add Precision to the end of the 1d6 in the previous text it no longer works.

Blahness98
August 19th, 2019, 02:10
So how could I go about adding sneak attack damage to a rogue's attacks? I got it to work as an effect by adding "Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6" to an effect, but I wasn't sure if there's an easier way to have it be more automated for the rogue? Also, can I not set a damage type if I'm doing it as an effect like that? If I add Precision to the end of the 1d6 in the previous text it no longer works.

You did it correctly, you just need precision in lower case. So the effect will be Sneak Attack; DMG:1d6 precision. Using the effect would probably be the quickest way to add it in. Otherwise you can always make a second weapon and add another damage line to it to include the 1d6 precision damage as well.

Gwydion
August 19th, 2019, 13:28
Its a nit but I don't think the "incorporeal" trait has been populated/defined. I've created monsters with it and when I click on it, it does not go anywhere. Really loving the ruleset so far and converting a few adventures to play as one-shots.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 14:49
Its a nit but I don't think the "incorporeal" trait has been populated/defined. I've created monsters with it and when I click on it, it does not go anywhere. Really loving the ruleset so far and converting a few adventures to play as one-shots.
That trait isn’t defined in the Core Rules, but in the Bestiary.

Gwydion
August 19th, 2019, 14:55
Got it. Sorry about that. That makes a ton of sense.

jovekos
August 19th, 2019, 15:10
New to FG. Looking to see if effects are working in PF2, If so i might need a hand.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 15:14
New to FG. Looking to see if effects are working in PF2,
Welcome to the FG forums jovekos!

Effect modifiers work (detailed in the Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 -> Effects.

Conditions (labels that apply specific effect modifiers) are still ongoing.

jovekos
August 19th, 2019, 19:11
Its seam's effect for PF 2 are not working for me. i can load up 5E and they work. i know this is all a work in progress, just wanted to let someone know.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2019, 19:13
Its seam's effect for PF 2 are not working for me. i can load up 5E and they work. i know this is all a work in progress, just wanted to let someone know.
Please provide some examples of effects that aren't working. A screenshot showing what's setup in the combat tracker and some sample roll results in chat showing the issue would be great to help track down issues.

Bidmaron
August 21st, 2019, 02:26
In my ruleset, when I click on the Actions right button, the window comes up but there are not any actions present.

ShadeRaven
August 21st, 2019, 02:58
In my ruleset, when I click on the Actions right button, the window comes up but there are not any actions present.
Trenloe is working on a new format to fit what he plans on having fill that particular tab, if I recall correctly. In fact, he warned us not to use it ourselves as it will probably get a complete overhaul down the road here. I believe that means he really has no plans for that particular section until he has the format and structure he plans on using when it's working to his satisfaction.

Bidmaron
August 21st, 2019, 05:33
Ok. I looked on the google spreadsheet and didn’t see anything so I thought maybe my install was broken.

goodmanje
August 21st, 2019, 17:04
I noticed there isn't anywhere to set proficiency for spell attacks or spell DCs. My sorcerer is trained in spell attack rolls and trained in spell DCs.

Trenloe
August 21st, 2019, 17:19
I noticed there isn't anywhere to set proficiency for spell attacks or spell DCs. My sorcerer is trained in spell attack rolls and trained in spell DCs.
Set the proficiency in the spell header of the spell class - click the magnifying glass to the right of the "CL" to open the spell header. This assumes that you'll be the same proficiency level for both attacks (I've called this "spell roll" and will probably change that at some point) and DCs. I'm not sure if there is any way to get a different proficiency in spell attacks than in spell DCs - if there is, you can use CTRL+mouse-wheel to change either the spell roll or DC total appropriately.

See the videos (from the playtest but still appropriate). Here's one for wizard where you can see the spell header: https://youtu.be/tTEUWrcecJ4?list=PLzjJyt4w-pw2M8OYwPZokK64E-0zCw414&t=146

goodmanje
August 21st, 2019, 19:22
I should have known that.... thanks for the quick reply!

Segin
August 24th, 2019, 08:17
Might be an option I'm not seeing, but throughout the rulebook it references pages as a way to look for further information. I am not seeing any page numbers. So I have to open the actual rulebook or just make guesses.

Would make it useful, practical, to, if not number the pages, then put the starting page for each section in the menu. Example: Alchemical Poisons (pg xxx), Talismans (pg xxx). That would put us in the right section. Once I've read it a few more times, it will become less an issue, but for any beginner, this is not something trivial for using FG.

EXAMPLE (shields): ...use the take cover action (page 471) <2 paragraphs down> ..rules..Bulk. See page 274 for those statistics. <next paragraph> Raise the shield action, found on page 472. <next paragraph> Shield Block feat (page 266) Rules for Hardness appear on page 272.

In 5 paragraphs, there are 5 references to rules, when a person wants to learn about 1 subject, shields. Having to guess where to look is time consuming and frustrating.

stephan_
August 24th, 2019, 09:37
It might be easier to use the pdf for studying the rules (free if you link the accounts), especially with developer time probably currently being used to fix lots of other issues. :) I assume the references would have to be added manually.

Segin
August 24th, 2019, 09:55
Yeah, use something other than FG. I already use that idea. Other items would be more beneficial to some. But the 15 minutes it would take to manually add (pg X) to the contents seems something they might offload to the junior staff, highschool student, 10 year old kid waiting for Dad to get off work, etc. So yeah, I can think of a lot of reasons my idea is bad too. But really?

It's not like having to go thru every reference in the rule book. Just the Table of Contents. What is that? 80 items? Even doing just the Main contents which is C1-C11, 11 items, would be helpful. But yes, for some reason every time I mention something on these forums, there are reasons my idea is bad (although it is usually implemented, see CnC effects for this scenario played out before).

I can't imagine why any are willing to mention something to improve the product when, in my experience, I am told it is bad when I do. So leave it without the page numbers. I know their time is way to important for this. I should have thought of that. Let people use something other than FG. More time outside of the FG product is a good thing I guess, and flipping from one medium to get the information to another medium is always a good idea I guess. My question is why have the reference document at all in FG, since as you suggest, the PDF is used for reference of rules.

vyruxx
August 24th, 2019, 12:13
Hello, I have noticed that when dragging a character with the champion class on the party sheet, it does not come out that he has any class.

edit: When you raise the cleric to lvl 2, the same thing happened. I use the official DLc to drag the class on the tab.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2019, 14:59
Might be an option I'm not seeing, but throughout the rulebook it references pages as a way to look for further information. I am not seeing any page numbers.
See the issue tracker, issue CR2.006.

Adding some generic page numbers isn’t a bad idea. I’ll consider where I can add those. But it won’t happen for a couple of weeks as I’ll be away from my computer for 10 days and, unfortunately, this isn't something that'll take a 10 year old kid 15 minutes to do.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2019, 15:19
Hello, I have noticed that when dragging a character with the champion class on the party sheet, it does not come out that he has any class.

edit: When you raise the cleric to lvl 2, the same thing happened. I use the official DLc to drag the class on the tab.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as ruleset issue RS2.044 and fixed in next release.

damned
August 24th, 2019, 15:52
Do you think adding page numbers to the book or changing all the page number references to page name references is better?
Its on my list to do...

Trenloe
August 24th, 2019, 16:16
Do you think adding page numbers to the book or changing all the page number references to page name references is better?
I think that the long term goal should be for page references to be links to the actual record. This is obviously a lot of work, but should be the end goal.

As a way of providing access to page numbers (with less work, but still not short), I'm looking at a way of adding page references to the PAR5E text that can then be used to search the reference manual...

Segin
August 24th, 2019, 21:10
Seems like a lot of work to add a link for each reference, but if you wanted to add that as an end goal, more power to you guys. That would be cool. Myself, I'm not sure the work to benefit ratio would be high enough for me, myself, to do it if I was in your shoes. The example in my original post shows 5 potential links in 5 paragraphs. That's a lot.

Just a change in the content Titles to include Page XXX (like Focus Spells - pg 111 for example), would be enough for my purposes. That would put people in the right spot which is a great help.

I can't imagine it being tough, but I'm not a coder. I have no clue what it entails to change typos/word phrasing. The payoff versus work involved seems like it would be a very worthwhile time spent session. But the idea you have may be more than just changing the phrasing of the Titles, so I understand that I understand little.

(My 10 year old daughter is wicked smart, btw.)

As far as time frame, it isn't something urgent, but knowing it is being looked at is sweet. Enjoy your 10 day's of fun.

rickyhunt
August 25th, 2019, 03:35
I just noticed that shield block doesn't reset when the character's turn comes back around. Since this is an action that is required each turn to keep it on, that means that that fairly well hidden button leaves them with a persistent +2 AC if they or I don't notice. Shouldn't it reset at the beginning of the turn?

Trenloe
August 25th, 2019, 03:45
I just noticed that shield block doesn't reset when the character's turn comes back around. Since this is an action that is required each turn to keep it on, that means that that fairly well hidden button leaves them with a persistent +2 AC if they or I don't notice. Shouldn't it reset at the beginning of the turn?
There's no automation with shields yet, but there will be.

darrenan
August 25th, 2019, 20:34
Feature Request: Allow Heal actions to be either Self or Target (5E ruleset does this). I didn't see it in the spreadsheet, not sure if it's on your radar or not.

Joshmvii7
August 28th, 2019, 15:52
I noticed that while a lot of the Effects are working now when you apply them to someone in the combat tracker, Sickened doesn't seem to be. It should be applying the same mechanical effect as Frightened (-# to all checks and DCs) but it seems to be doing nothing.

darrenan
August 28th, 2019, 22:18
According to the wiki page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects), Sickened is not an effect (but Sick is).

Joshmvii7
August 29th, 2019, 01:06
Thanks. I'm just using what using the effects page for PF2E puts in the combat tracker when you drag it over. Sounds like that's what needs updated, as it puts Sickened:1 in the combat tracker. In the meantime I'll have to remember to manually update it as I don't think I have access to change what those default effect buttons are doing.

darrenan
August 29th, 2019, 01:32
Issue: Library window seems to be ignoring <category> in definition.xml of modules. For an example, see Pathfinder 2.0 Action Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50751-Pathfinder-2-0-Action-Library) which has the following in its definition.xml:

<category>Pathfinder 2.0 Extras</category>

When loaded, that module is showing up in the same category as the core rulebook ("Pathfinder Second Edition")

Agamon
August 30th, 2019, 03:02
How tough would it be to implement secret checks so that the player makes the check on his sheet and it only spits out the result to the DM?

madman
August 30th, 2019, 04:46
have them roll the check in the tower, if you want them to roll it..

Agamon
August 30th, 2019, 05:00
Ah, right, I forgot the players can use the tower.

hawkwind
August 30th, 2019, 06:56
I don't want to be the person adding to the endless tasks of Trenloe but would it not be s good idea to rename "WNDS" column which tracks hit point damage on the CT to something else as Wounds in PF2 mean something else entirely?

Curaidh
August 30th, 2019, 12:08
Weakness is not applied correctly on a critical hit.
See Core Rulebook Page 450 under Damage and Core Rulebook page 451 under Doubling and Halving Damage. I'll put the important parts here:

Page 450, Damage:
1. Roll the dice indicated by the weapon, unarmed attack, or spell, and apply the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties that apply to the result of the roll.
2. Determine the damage type.
3. Apply the target’s immunities, weaknesses, and resistances to the damage.
4. If any damage remains, reduce the target’s Hit Points by that amount.

Page 451, Double and Halving Damage (subsection of Step 1)
Sometimes you’ll need to halve or double an amount of damage, such as when the outcome of your Strike is a critical hit, or when you succeed at a basic Reflex save against a spell. When this happens, you roll the damage normally, adding all the normal modifiers, bonuses, and penalties. Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate (rounding down if you halved it).

This means the doubling of damage is only valid to Step 1 in applying damage.

Current Effect in FG: Weakness is applied TWICE on a critical hit.
Expected outcome: Weakness is applied exactly ONCE on a critical hit.

The same applies to Resistances:
Currently: Applied TWICE
Expected: Applied ONCE

WEAK and RESIST effects need to be done at a different point in the calculation.

nic227
August 30th, 2019, 15:00
i didn't see this in the list and if someone else reported in this thread cool.

Importing a character from XML file.
<speed> isn't being imported

Milke
September 3rd, 2019, 02:33
Trenloe ( you are awesome, by the way), is there any way (or plans in the works) to make an druid or ranger animal companion?

darrenan
September 3rd, 2019, 03:09
You can already do that, either as a separate PC sheet, or as an NPC (although the GM will have to do the latter).

Milke
September 3rd, 2019, 03:22
I'm trying it right now with the blank monster sheet from y'all's drag n drop you did. But I don't see how to make a PC sheet.... when I create PC, it wants to know the PC's ancestry. "Raptor" is not a choice.

Or do I just skip the Tracker and manually fill it in?

stephan_
September 3rd, 2019, 11:22
Yeah, you would have to type it in manually at the moment.

Ampersandrew
September 3rd, 2019, 13:05
You can also create all of the data using the FG interface. You could add a Raptor ancestry if you need it.

nic227
September 3rd, 2019, 14:03
i tried creating ancestries for the animal companions but the way the tracker/character creation works i was unable to get the stats to work out. it only reads one flaw and four boosts, and each of those can only adjust the one score by 2. So to work around i created a mod with all the companions ancestries and a class called animal companion.

KILLGORE
September 3rd, 2019, 18:26
Is this where we post errors? Im not millenial, I require directions. Or be re-directed to a reddit with some....

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:06
Is this where we post errors? Im not millenial, I require directions. Or be re-directed to a reddit with some....
Generally info on what a thread is for is in the first few posts. In this instance, the last paragraph of the first post says "Please report any issues with the ruleset in this thread. Thanks!"

Make sure you've also digested the details in post #2 and #3.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:07
Issue: Library window seems to be ignoring <category> in definition.xml of modules. For an example, see Pathfinder 2.0 Action Library (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50751-Pathfinder-2-0-Action-Library) which has the following in its definition.xml:

<category>Pathfinder 2.0 Extras</category>

When loaded, that module is showing up in the same category as the core rulebook ("Pathfinder Second Edition")
The category set in the definition.xml file is being overridden within the library entry of the client.xml file:

<root>
<library static="true">
<PFRPG2ActionLibrary static="true">
<name type="string">PFRPG2 Action Library</name>
<categoryname type="string">Pathfinder Second Edition</categoryname>
<entries>

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:07
Feature Request: Allow Heal actions to be either Self or Target (5E ruleset does this). I didn't see it in the spreadsheet, not sure if it's on your radar or not.
Good idea. Logged as RS2.045.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:12
I don't want to be the person adding to the endless tasks of Trenloe but would it not be s good idea to rename "WNDS" column which tracks hit point damage on the CT to something else as Wounds in PF2 mean something else entirely?
The wounded condition is something else entirely. I'm not aware of anything mechanically called "wounds", but they are referred to in terms of treating wounds, recover from wounds, etc. so I think it's a good idea to leave it as 1) it matches broad terms used in the PF2 core rules and 2) it is similar to what is presented in other FG rulesets.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:22
i didn't see this in the list and if someone else reported in this thread cool.

Importing a character from XML file.
<speed> isn't being imported
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.046 and fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:25
Trenloe ( you are awesome, by the way), is there any way (or plans in the works) to make an druid or ranger animal companion?
I don't have any real plans around this yet. It's pretty low on the list to be honest, and I want to see what Paizo brings out for this in future products before I start looking at ways to do this. As others have mentioned do this manually as a PC or a NPC. Personally, I do it as a PC and just manually set the stats, abilities, etc. - I don't use the tracker at all for non-standard character records such as this.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:28
Weakness is not applied correctly on a critical hit.
See Core Rulebook Page 450 under Damage and Core Rulebook page 451 under Doubling and Halving Damage. I'll put the important parts here:

Page 450, Damage:
1. Roll the dice indicated by the weapon, unarmed attack, or spell, and apply the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties that apply to the result of the roll.
2. Determine the damage type.
3. Apply the target’s immunities, weaknesses, and resistances to the damage.
4. If any damage remains, reduce the target’s Hit Points by that amount.

Page 451, Double and Halving Damage (subsection of Step 1)
Sometimes you’ll need to halve or double an amount of damage, such as when the outcome of your Strike is a critical hit, or when you succeed at a basic Reflex save against a spell. When this happens, you roll the damage normally, adding all the normal modifiers, bonuses, and penalties. Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate (rounding down if you halved it).

This means the doubling of damage is only valid to Step 1 in applying damage.

Current Effect in FG: Weakness is applied TWICE on a critical hit.
Expected outcome: Weakness is applied exactly ONCE on a critical hit.

The same applies to Resistances:
Currently: Applied TWICE
Expected: Applied ONCE

WEAK and RESIST effects need to be done at a different point in the calculation.
Thanks for taking the time to report this in such depth.

This is related to issue RS2.030. I've updated that issue with this information.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 20:30
How tough would it be to implement secret checks so that the player makes the check on his sheet and it only spits out the result to the DM?
I do plan to have, subject to a campaign option being enabled, checks with the secret trait being automatically rolled in the dice tower. Until that's implemented (no current ETA) ask the players to roll in the dice tower.

goodmanje
September 3rd, 2019, 21:52
This was a separate thread but maybe this is the more appropriate place to post it:

I noticed if I create an effect that sets my damage type to magic, positive, or force and attack an incorporeal creature it still resists damage.

Ideally I'd like to create an effect that says IFT: TYPE (incorporeal); DMGTYPE: magic. Testing this it never recognizes the creature is incorporeal so the damage type doesn't get applied. But, even if I just make the effect say DMGTYPE: magic it still doesn't overcome resistance. I'm guessing since creatures have traits instead of types in PF2 the TYPE (incorporeal) isn't going to work.

As a workaround I created an effect that just applies the "incorporeal" tag to the creature and then changed my other effect to say IFT: CUSTOM (incorporeal); DMGTYPE: magic and it still doesn't recognize the creature has the incorporeal tag and doesn't apply DMGTYPE: magic.

One other thing, incorporeal creatures don't get resistance to weapons with the Ghost Touch rune. So in the future it would be cool to give a weapon the ghost touch property and it automatically bypass resistance.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2019, 22:41
This was a separate thread but maybe this is the more appropriate place to post it:
Yep, any issues with the ruleset should be posted here.

I noticed if I create an effect that sets my damage type to magic, positive, or force and attack an incorporeal creature it still resists damage.

Ideally I'd like to create an effect that says IFT: TYPE (incorporeal); DMGTYPE: magic. Testing this it never recognizes the creature is incorporeal so the damage type doesn't get applied. But, even if I just make the effect say DMGTYPE: magic it still doesn't overcome resistance. I'm guessing since creatures have traits instead of types in PF2 the TYPE (incorporeal) isn't going to work.

As a workaround I created an effect that just applies the "incorporeal" tag to the creature and then changed my other effect to say IFT: CUSTOM (incorporeal); DMGTYPE: magic and it still doesn't recognize the creature has the incorporeal tag and doesn't apply DMGTYPE: magic.

One other thing, incorporeal creatures don't get resistance to weapons with the Ghost Touch rune. So in the future it would be cool to give a weapon the ghost touch property and it automatically bypass resistance.
The long term plan is to replace the conditional TYPE with TRAIT.

Note that there is nothing intrinsic in the ruleset for incorporeal creatures - it is all based off the parsing out of immunities and resistances from the statblock.

The ruleset supports a damage type of ghost touch so that !ghost touch can be used to negate a resistance.

The wording of incorporal resistance has changed from the playtest. Looking at the Ghost Commoner in the playtest: Resistances all damage 5 (except force, ghost touch, or positive) and this would parse out into the combat tracker correctly as: RESIST: 5 all, !force, !ghost touch, !positive

However, in the full release, the wording has changed to include details of non-magic weapons: Resistances all damage 5 (except force, ghost touch, or positive; double resistance vs. non-magical) and the FG ruleset currently doesn't parse this out correctly as I still need to do all of the coding for these many subtle changes from playtest to release.

So, short story, this will be possible in a future ruleset version, but there isn't really a way to currently do the above example for the PF2 ghost - the issue being the "double resistance vs. non-magical" as RESIST: 10 all, !magical wouldn't currently work correctly in tandem with the RESIST: 5 all, !force, !ghost touch, !positive effect as there is an issue in the ruleset not handling multiple resistances correctly (RS2.048).

For "ghost touch" weapons just add the "ghost touch" damage type to their damage rolls and this will be OK if the target's resistances are parsing out correctly...

rickyhunt
September 4th, 2019, 12:09
Yep, any issues with the ruleset should be posted here.

However, in the full release, the wording has changed to include details of non-magic weapons: Resistances all damage 5 (except force, ghost touch, or positive; double resistance vs. non-magical) and the FG ruleset currently doesn't parse this out correctly as I still need to do all of the coding for these many subtle changes from playtest to release.

So, short story, this will be possible in a future ruleset version, but there isn't really a way to currently do the above example for the PF2 ghost - the issue being the "double resistance vs. non-magical" as RESIST: 10 all, !magical wouldn't currently work correctly in tandem with the RESIST: 5 all, !force, !ghost touch, !positive effect as there is an issue in the ruleset not handling multiple resistances correctly (RS2.048).

For "ghost touch" weapons just add the "ghost touch" damage type to their damage rolls and this will be OK if the target's resistances are parsing out correctly...

Could the RESIST: 10 all, !magical be replaced with a RESIST: 5 all, !magical and have it add with the other resist 5 all? In other words, are they additive or does the system try to pick the most appropriate?

Trenloe
September 4th, 2019, 15:10
Could the RESIST: 10 all, !magical be replaced with a RESIST: 5 all, !magical and have it add with the other resist 5 all? In other words, are they additive or does the system try to pick the most appropriate?
The ruleset *should* pick the highest appropriate resistance, but it's currently not doing that correctly (a bug I need to fix).

darrenan
September 4th, 2019, 17:38
I wasn't able to get the Clumsy condition to work. I tried all four combinations of cased/all lower, and with/without colon and I wasn't seeing anything in the chat window when rolling Stealth, Trickery, or just a raw Dex check from the front page.

Also, as I was trying to confirm all this, it seemed like ranged weapons on the actions tab were always using STR for the attack bonus regardless of whether I had "Base", "STR" or "DEX" selected as the applicable attribute.

If it doesn't repro for you, I can try it again tonight when I get home.

I didn't see anything like either of these two in the spreadsheet.

EDIT: woops, the clumsy part is being tracked, 2.013

Trenloe
September 4th, 2019, 17:49
I wasn't able to get the Clumsy condition to work. I tried all four combinations of cased/all lower, and with/without colon and I wasn't seeing anything in the chat window when rolling Stealth, Trickery, or just a raw Dex check from the front page.
Clumsy hasn't been coded yet. See RS2.013.

Also, as I was trying to confirm all this, it seemed like ranged weapons on the actions tab were always using STR for the attack bonus regardless of whether I had "Base", "STR" or "DEX" selected as the applicable attribute.
I can't recreate this when dragging weapons to the inventory page, which auto creates weapon entries on the actions page. I did notice that when adding a dagger the melee entry (a melee and ranged entry is created for dagger) was using the dexterity modifier, even when the strength modifier was higher - but this is probably to do with the finesse trait, which I'll investigate. Finesse trait issue logged as RS2.049.

darrenan
September 4th, 2019, 17:50
Pretty sure I just created a new weapon directly in the actions tab. But again, I will try to get a solid repro tonight.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2019, 17:57
Pretty sure I just created a new weapon directly in the actions tab.
I tried that too. Let me know what you find for a reproduction. Thanks.

Joshmvii7
September 4th, 2019, 18:16
I know Clumsy is being tracked, but is there a good workaround for now? I can apply AC: -1, but DEX: -1 doesn't work, otherwise I'd just use that until the effect works properly.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2019, 19:24
I know Clumsy is being tracked, but is there a good workaround for now? I can apply AC: -1, but DEX: -1 doesn't work, otherwise I'd just use that until the effect works properly.
Currently the direct ability modifier effects are based off the PFRPG effects of temporarily modifying the base ability score - and this only made a difference if it was in steps of 2 (Pathfinder 1 rules). I haven't decided whether to change the ability effect to directly change an ability modifier (e.g. DEX: -1 will be an untyped penalty to Dexterity based checks) or to keep it modifying the base ability score (if there's anything in PF2 that actually does that) and add a new effect that directly changes the ability modifier only. This is all part of the ongoing review of effects and conditions.

As it is at present, you can simulate an untyped penalty by doubling the penalty value (effectively reducing the ability stat by 2 for each penalty point). So, currently, to give a -1 untyped penalty to Dex, use DEX: -2 weird, I know but there is logic behind it based on the PF1 legacy code.

Joshmvii7
September 6th, 2019, 19:10
Thanks for that. Just using DEX: -2 is working fine for a clumsy workaround right now.

Another question, this one has me stumped.

If I have my rogue deal 1d6+1 piercing damage to a skeleton guard who has resist 5 piercing, it works fine. If I roll a 6+1 for 7, it'll resist 5 and take 2.

However, if I drag my sneak attack effect onto the rogue, which is set up with DMG: 1d6 precision then it seems to break.

If I roll 6 (weapon) 3 (sneak attack) +1 = 10, it says the skeleton resisted all of it. I can't seem to figure out why that is.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2019, 19:19
Another question, this one has me stumped.

If I have my rogue deal 1d6+1 piercing damage to a skeleton guard who has resist 5 piercing, it works fine. If I roll a 6+1 for 7, it'll resist 5 and take 2.

However, if I drag my sneak attack effect onto the rogue, which is set up with DMG: 1d6 precision then it seems to break.

If I roll 6 (weapon) 3 (sneak attack) +1 = 10, it says the skeleton resisted all of it. I can't seem to figure out why that is.
This is an ongoing issue - see RS1.046 in the issues list.

Joshmvii7
September 6th, 2019, 19:24
Gotcha, thanks! Just FYI, it's not just applying resistance separately. It's actually only applying the resistance to the most recent one it sees I think.

In my example, I dealt 7 piercing and 3 piercing/precision damage, and a skeleton with 5 resist pierce took 0 damage. If it was applying to each it'd have dealt 2, then 0. But it just dealt 0.

vyruxx
September 8th, 2019, 10:29
Hi, I really don't know if it's a bug or not, but I comment. When you try to distribute the gold among the characters, if it is less gold than the number of players, the program is not able to distribute that gold transforming it into silver. Obviously it is easy to do it manually before distributing.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2019, 11:28
Hi, I really don't know if it's a bug or not, but I comment. When you try to distribute the gold among the characters, if it is less gold than the number of players, the program is not able to distribute that gold transforming it into silver. Obviously it is easy to do it manually before distributing.
The PFRPG2 ruleset doesn't have any specific code for this, it's all in the underlying CoreRPG ruleset. If any of the coins is less than the number of players (PP, GP, SP, CP) then they won't be distributed. The code will basically distribute in blocks equal to the number of PCs in the party sheet - leaving a remainder if not equally divisible. So, if the initial amount in any of the coin fields is less than the number of PCs you're left with 0 coins distributed and the remainder remaining.

For those who like to keep track of the actual coins that people are carrying (for encumbrance, etc.) this is an accurate way of doing it. For those who don't care about that, as you say, you can manually convert the remainder to lower denomination coins and distribute again.

ShadeRaven
September 8th, 2019, 13:26
Hey Trenloe,

The DMGS feature is terrific. Tested that out this weekend. However, we also need an ATKS to match it. I am not sure about spell powers, but I know at least a couple Mutagen types either effect Spell Attack or Weapon Attack bonuses. I think a quick differentiation using the same structure as DMG/DMGS would be perfect :)

Edit: Just occurred to me that we'd also need a new entry in the Spells/Powers tab on actions to have a SPELL attack, too, since it currently only allows {blank or none}, Melee, and Ranged.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2019, 14:08
The DMGS feature is terrific. Tested that out this weekend. However, we also need an ATKS to match it. I am not sure about spell powers, but I know at least a couple Mutagen types either effect Spell Attack or Weapon Attack bonuses. I think a quick differentiation using the same structure as DMG/DMGS would be perfect :)
I'll add spell to the [range] option (currently melee or ranged) to the ATK effect, as I think this would better handle the situation in the same effect (ATK) rather than adding a new effect for an edge case.

Edit: Just occurred to me that we'd also need a new entry in the Spells/Powers tab on actions to have a SPELL attack, too, since it currently only allows {blank or none}, Melee, and Ranged.
This was actually implemented, but the strings aren't displaying - the blank options you mention should be displaying melee spell and ranged spell. I'll look into why the string resource file hasn't been updated.

tamaraine
September 10th, 2019, 20:25
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or not. I've been testing some IFT: CUSTOM() with effects and I noticed ATK modifier doesnt seem to work. I manage to get it working for AC, DC, SAVE and DMG. The exact effect i used was "IFT: CUSTOM(Prey); ATK: 2" on attacking creature, with an effect "Prey" on my intended target. Even just regular effect targeting didn't work with the ATK modifier.

Might be just something I'm doing wrong as I'm just starting exploring possibilities.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2019, 22:45
I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or not. I've been testing some IFT: CUSTOM() with effects and I noticed ATK modifier doesnt seem to work. I manage to get it working for AC, DC, SAVE and DMG. The exact effect i used was "IFT: CUSTOM(Prey); ATK: 2" on attacking creature, with an effect "Prey" on my intended target. Even just regular effect targeting didn't work with the ATK modifier.
Thanks for reporting.

The issue appears to be with untyped ATK effects. ATK:2 won't even work. But, ATK:2 status will, as will IFT: CUSTOM(Prey); ATK: 2 status - i.e. there is the bonus type added.

I'm guessing your bonus probably has a bonus type? If so, use that and see if it works. In the meantime I'll investigate why untyped ATK effects aren't working. Logged as issue RS2.051.

Eru the One
September 13th, 2019, 01:12
Future features:

Spells will be moved from the actions tab to their own tab (this should be automatic as part of the ruleset upgrade, when it occurs). The actions tab will have sections added for other actions (skill actions, feat actions, etc.).

Can we get the spell/focus classes sorted by alpha by default as opposed to the order they were created?

rickyhunt
September 13th, 2019, 11:53
An enhancement to the attack dialog setup that I would like to see is a way to attack DCs other than AC and to make attacks with skills other than weapons. I know this would be a UI mess, but being able to automate things like grapples and feints would be great. So in addition to the melee and ranged selector, there would be skill (which would need another selector probably for the specific skill). Then there would need to be another selector for target DC (fortitude, athletics, perception, etc). This is a bit pie in the sky wishing, but maybe it can go on the maybe radar.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2019, 14:30
Can we get the spell/focus classes sorted by alpha by default as opposed to the order they were created?
Good idea. Logged as RS2.053.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2019, 14:30
An enhancement to the attack dialog setup that I would like to see is a way to attack DCs other than AC and to make attacks with skills other than weapons. I know this would be a UI mess, but being able to automate things like grapples and feints would be great. So in addition to the melee and ranged selector, there would be skill (which would need another selector probably for the specific skill). Then there would need to be another selector for target DC (fortitude, athletics, perception, etc). This is a bit pie in the sky wishing, but maybe it can go on the maybe radar.
It's already on my radar. :)

rhammer2
September 14th, 2019, 00:02
I did a quick search of listed issues and didn't spot this one...

Because you pick your final 4 bonus attribute points during character creation, after the choice of class, a stat boost in say INT is not taken into account on the creation tracker for the extra mod point added, so the count of additional skills you get is wrong.

Example: Character picks Elf, scholar, wizard. Boosting INT in every step. This means the 1st level character has an INT of 18. This means that they get to pick Arcana and 6 (2+INT Mod) extra skills to be trained.
Because the TRACKER is making this check before the final attributes are determined, it is showing pick 5 extra skills to train.

- Robert

Trenloe
September 14th, 2019, 00:34
Because you pick your final 4 bonus attribute points during character creation, after the choice of class, a stat boost in say INT is not taken into account on the creation tracker for the extra mod point added, so the count of additional skills you get is wrong.

Example: Character picks Elf, scholar, wizard. Boosting INT in every step. This means the 1st level character has an INT of 18. This means that they get to pick Arcana and 6 (2+INT Mod) extra skills to be trained.
Because the TRACKER is making this check before the final attributes are determined, it is showing pick 5 extra skills to train.
I recently changed the order from the order in the playtest to the new order specified in the Core Rules. I'll make a change to the wording, and this will be covered off in a future release as there's a few things that get mentioned earlier in the process that can adjust based off boosts taken later (bonus languages, for example).

Logged as RS2.054. Thanks for reporting.

yarnevk
September 14th, 2019, 17:26
Multiple damage lines on a single damage count as multiple weakness

The goblin burn it! gives extra fire, but pretty sure it should add to the base fire damage and weakness should only count once.

I could not enter as one damage line because it needs to be 1d4+WIS+CL/2 which is not possible to enter. Even if it was possible the CL/2 is a status bonus so needed the separate line.

(For this combat they was caged and the goblin ended up cooking dinner faster than expected.)

Trenloe
September 14th, 2019, 18:23
Multiple damage lines on a single damage count as multiple weakness

The goblin burn it! gives extra fire, but pretty sure it should add to the base fire damage and weakness should only count once.

I could not enter as one damage line because it needs to be 1d4+WIS+CL/2 which is not possible to enter. Even if it was possible the CL/2 is a status bonus so needed the separate line.

(For this combat they was caged and the goblin ended up cooking dinner faster than expected.)
Thanks for reporting. This is covered under RS2.050.

ShadeRaven
September 19th, 2019, 20:38
Hey Trenloe,

In working on barbarian, there is at least one instance where a WEAK effect of ALL would be appropriate. For the duration of the rage, the barbarian takes 2 extra damage from all sources. It seems to me that just having a WEAK: 2 circumstance, all would be better than just constantly tagging 2 extra damage to foes or having damage delivered or changed of 2 where other aspects (such as resists, etc) might make it important to have all the damage combined into one delivery.

I want to say that I've seen other instances of this sort of process, but this one was right there in front of me as I worked on it. Hopefully, the code for having a weakness effect to capture everything is still easily available.

Trenloe
September 19th, 2019, 22:47
In working on barbarian, there is at least one instance where a WEAK effect of ALL would be appropriate. For the duration of the rage, the barbarian takes 2 extra damage from all sources. It seems to me that just having a WEAK: 2 circumstance, all would be better than just constantly tagging 2 extra damage to foes or having damage delivered or changed of 2 where other aspects (such as resists, etc) might make it important to have all the damage combined into one delivery.

I want to say that I've seen other instances of this sort of process, but this one was right there in front of me as I worked on it. Hopefully, the code for having a weakness effect to capture everything is still easily available.
I don't think that Weakness all is a good way to handle this. Weakness effects don't stack (Core Rules page 453) so if there was a higher weakness that applied to the attack, that would be applied and the weakness 2 all (in this example) would be ignored.

Can you provide an exact example please? I'd like to think this through.

ShadeRaven
September 20th, 2019, 01:11
I don't think that Weakness all is a good way to handle this. Weakness effects don't stack (Core Rules page 453) so if there was a higher weakness that applied to the attack, that would be applied and the weakness 2 all (in this example) would be ignored.

Can you provide an exact example please? I'd like to think this through.Sure. Yeah, I was trying to figure something out. Here's what we have:

COME AND GET ME [one-action] FEAT 10
BARBARIAN CONCENTRATE RAGE

You open yourself to attacks so you can respond in turn. Until your rage ends, you are flat-footed, and damage rolls against you gain a +2 circumstance bonus. If a creature hits you, that creature is flat-footed to you until the end of your next turn. If you hit it before the end of your next turn, you gain temporary Hit Points equal to your Constitution modifier, or double that on a critical hit. These temporary Hit Points last until the end of your rage.

Joshmvii7
September 20th, 2019, 02:26
So for my wife's Clumsy: 1 Giant Instinct Barbarian we've been using the below text since Clumsy still isn't working on its own.

Clumsy; DEX: -2

However, in tonight's session it wasn't working on any DEX checks, AC, etc like it should. Any idea if something changed to break this, as it was working before as a workaround for the Clumsy condition.

Also noticed Dazzled doesn't apply the 5% miss chance the way the Concealed modifier does.

Trenloe
September 20th, 2019, 02:42
So for my wife's Clumsy: 1 Giant Instinct Barbarian we've been using the below text since Clumsy still isn't working on its own.

Clumsy; DEX: -2

However, in tonight's session it wasn't working on any DEX checks, AC, etc like it should. Any idea if something changed to break this, as it was working before as a workaround for the Clumsy condition.
Include the bonus/penalty type - in this case status: Clumsy; DEX: -2 status

Also noticed Dazzled doesn't apply the 5% miss chance the way the Concealed modifier does.
Yep, that hasn't been programmed yet.

Joshmvii7
September 20th, 2019, 04:25
Include the bonus/penalty type - in this case status: Clumsy; DEX: -2 status

Yep, that hasn't been programmed yet.

Thanks, using status worked for the Clumsy workaround.

Are certain things working without penalty types, but others not working? I know the rage effect I have created for her works to give her -1 AC just by using AC: -1 with no penalty type.

Trenloe
September 20th, 2019, 04:33
Are certain things working without penalty types, but others not working? I know the rage effect I have created for her works to give her -1 AC just by using AC: -1 with no penalty type.
ATK is another effect that's known not to currently work with untyped bonuses/penalties. RS2.052 in the issue list.

ShadeRaven
September 21st, 2019, 20:56
Trenloe:

Let me preface this by saying.. I could be just bemusingly daft (my wife would say this has been on my personal combat tracker for over 26 years now).

I cannot figure out how to add different "levels" to Focus Spells. Everything shows up at Level 1. I've tried various tricks to change this, but it all still falls into the "level 1" category.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2019, 22:30
I cannot figure out how to add different "levels" to Focus Spells. Everything shows up at Level 1. I've tried various tricks to change this, but it all still falls into the "level 1" category.
Focus spells have a level. They are automatically heightened to half your level, rounded up. You don’t prepare them at any level, or list them at any level - so there’s no need for multiple level headers. In fact, the banner shouldn’t even show "level 1", but there is an ongoing issue where it can show up for new focus spell classes. This should go away after a restart of the campaign - so it should only be an issue when first adding a focus spells class to a PC or NPC.

ShadeRaven
September 21st, 2019, 22:49
Ah ha! That makes sense. It was setting the banner with the level label that had me thinking.. why, that's quite confusing.. are there supposed to be level separators? Thanks for the info!

Milke
September 27th, 2019, 18:10
In creature weaknesses, can you add "critical hits" to the list. For unkillable zombies, and such.

Trenloe
September 27th, 2019, 18:34
[Moved to the ruleset thread]

In creature weaknesses, can you add "critical hits" to the list. For unkillable zombies, and such.
This is covered by the critical damage type - see the damage type lists under the modifier table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects#Modifiers

ShadeRaven
September 27th, 2019, 23:14
Tren: When it comes to weapons (and creature attacks) with the Backstabber trait, do you have any plans on automating the bonus precision damage for creatures tagged as Flat-footed? Or should that be considered in the hands of the players when it comes to adding that additional damage.

Trenloe
September 28th, 2019, 00:21
Tren: When it comes to weapons (and creature attacks) with the Backstabber trait, do you have any plans on automating the bonus precision damage for creatures tagged as Flat-footed? Or should that be considered in the hands of the players when it comes to adding that additional damage.
There's a bunch of times when creatures can be flat-footed and feats that stop you being flat-footed. So this will never be something that can be 100% automated. I’m not ruling out more automation for weapon/attack traits at some point though, but for the foreseeable future this should be handled manually.

ShadeRaven
September 28th, 2019, 00:55
I kind of figured that, thanks for the clarification. I had set up quick toggle effects to implement this, along with things like Forceful, but didn't want to be too redundant if you were actively working the code in.

pastiche
September 28th, 2019, 05:32
On the topic of manually adding damage to the combat tracker, would it be possible to add an option where you can type the manually calculated damage in a popup field, so that FG will subtract it? That way the GM doesn't need to do error-prone arithmetic in the heat of battle :-)

Trenloe
September 28th, 2019, 17:44
On the topic of manually adding damage to the combat tracker, would it be possible to add an option where you can type the manually calculated damage in a popup field, so that FG will subtract it? That way the GM doesn't need to do error-prone arithmetic in the heat of battle :-)
I'm not a fan of doing something like this (pop up a small window, type in a number, etc.) as it's too easy to have lots of windows open all over the place.. There's various ways to do similar manual damage application already in Fantasy Grounds. What I may do is look into allowing addition/subtraction by directly dragging from the modifier stack (under the chat window) - currently to make this work you need to drag to the chat window, then from the chat window to wound field in the CT.

pastiche
September 28th, 2019, 18:06
If the popup window gets closed automatically after the damage is subtracted, there's no risk of clutter :-)

I'm using FG to run an in-person game where players call out their damage, so interacting with the modifier stack doesn't seem practical...

Willot
September 28th, 2019, 21:36
Could you put a NPC in the CT called "Calculated Damage" (invis of course) Target the creature, change the damage and damage the creature

pastiche
September 29th, 2019, 05:21
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid this seems much more unwieldy than my proposal with a small dialog box that automatically closes...

Ampersandrew
September 29th, 2019, 20:21
I'm using FG to run an in-person game where players call out their damage, so interacting with the modifier stack doesn't seem practical...

Have you tried this?

You can type numbers into the modifier box. Other than having to drag it to chat first, this is almost exactly what you're asking for. If Trenloe were to add the ability to drag it directly to damage it is what you're asking for.

pastiche
September 29th, 2019, 20:31
Ah, didn't know you could type in the modifier box, thanks! With Trenloes proposed change, that would indeed work.

Carog the Fat
September 30th, 2019, 22:56
Is there a way to apply an untyped bonus, I see you have to put in the bonus type for modifiers to work, I assume so you dont stack those bonuses. will untyped be available for things like the Animated construct Ac penalty when dmaged in 1.00?

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 01:20
Is there a way to apply an untyped bonus, I see you have to put in the bonus type for modifiers to work, I assume so you dont stack those bonuses.
Not being pedantic here, but just want to make sure everyone is aware of this in PF2 and we're all on the same page. According to page 445 in the Core Rules, there will never be an untyped bonus, only untyped penalties.

That said, the issues with some untyped effects will be fixed in a future release. A lot already work properly. And the ruleset will cater for untyped bonuses, even though it's not really in the RPG system. ;)

If you want to use an untyped penalty for an action where it currently doesn't work (and you want it included in the action) then use the modifier stack.

will untyped be available for things like the Animated construct Ac penalty when dmaged in 1.00?
Not sure exactly what you're referring to here. Can you please clarify what "1.00" is?

And, untyped AC effects already operate correctly. :)

Ckorik
October 1st, 2019, 01:46
Not being pedantic here, but just want to make sure everyone is aware of this in PF2 and we're all on the same page. According to page 445 in the Core Rules, there will never be an untyped bonus, only untyped penalties.

That said, the issues with some untyped effects will be fixed in a future release. A lot already work properly. And the ruleset will cater for untyped bonuses, even though it's not really in the RPG system. ;)

Thanks Trenloe - I think even if the rules don't support it - this is one of the situations where having the capability is important so GM's can do things 'outside the box' - if I want a player/monster/whatever to always have a stacking bonus I should be able to give one - even if it's not 'in the rules'.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 01:59
I think even if the rules don't support it - this is one of the situations where having the capability is important so GM's can do things 'outside the box'
Yep, I agree. The ruleset does support untyped bonuses (bugs aside!). :)