PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition - PFRPG2 Ruleset - Status, issues and ongoing development

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2020, 18:56
Also use the "Archetype" filter at the bottom to display all the feats from a specific archetype.

Mainen
May 25th, 2020, 01:56
Question to the team working on implementing all of the second edition core rule book stuff, I was wondering it says the critical success and fumble tables should be present in second edition and it doesn't show up at all.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2020, 08:30
... it says the critical success and fumble tables should be present in second edition and it doesn't show up at all.
Welcome to the FG forums.

Not sure where/what "it says" is. Can you give more info on where you’re seeing this information?

Weissrolf
May 26th, 2020, 20:31
In the settings. The option to enable crit/fumble is there, which causes confusion.

Surge
May 27th, 2020, 18:33
Hello,

Current live release (Release 15), FG Unity.

I am unable to use action symbols as per the wiki in either the "Offensive or Proactive Abilities" section or "Automatic and Reactive Abilities" sections of an NPC entry (both title and main body).

The NPCs in the Bestiary do have them in those fields, so I was able to copy and paste the icon from an existing record into my own NPC record. It's just the substitutions documented in the wiki that aren't working.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2020, 18:50
Hello,

Current live release (Release 15), FG Unity.

I am unable to use action symbols as per the wiki in either the "Offensive or Proactive Abilities" section or "Automatic and Reactive Abilities" sections of an NPC entry (both title and main body).

The NPCs in the Bestiary do have them in those fields, so I was able to copy and paste the icon from an existing record into my own NPC record. It's just the substitutions documented in the wiki that aren't working.
Oh, sorry. I could have sworn they were... I'll look into fixing that soon.

Logged as RS2.094. Thanks for reporting.

theMaXX
June 4th, 2020, 19:36
Good afternoon, guys.

Amazing jump on release 16. Good job to everyone involved.

The reason i'm writing is to suggest something i've seen in other rulesets. Global Effects.
Basically, you can set a global effect to the combat (usually darkness, dim light, heat, cold, etc...) and they are applied to everyone (except those who has the appropriate sense or resistance). Are you working on something similar to that already?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2020, 19:47
Are you working on something similar to that already?
Short answer... yes.

But, it'll be a while yet - after the APG at least.

Ratupper
June 17th, 2020, 19:31
Is there any update on the bestiary 2 release?

Trenloe
June 17th, 2020, 19:47
Is there any update on the bestiary 2 release?
It's going through the review process. No definite ETA at this point.

Surge
June 17th, 2020, 21:12
I spied the change log for ruleset releast 17 in yesterday's announcement thread, before being quickly removed. I was confused as to why my FG wasn't getting updated with it, as we were just about to start a session when the release notes came out.

I guess it was a mistake on Smiteworks' part and it isn't actually ready, but I'm guessing it's close. Do you have an ETA on release 17? The notes got me excited when I read them!

Trenloe
June 17th, 2020, 21:22
I guess it was a mistake on Smiteworks' part and it isn't actually ready, but I'm guessing it's close. Do you have an ETA on release 17? The notes got me excited when I read them!
It's undergoing testing in the test channel. If there's no issues this weekend (when I'll be testing it in game), then it will probably be released next week. If there are issues, it’ll be delayed.

Larsenex
June 23rd, 2020, 00:17
Trenloe,

Is there a place we can go to view or test any test channel updates? I am on test right now and was going to migrate back but your test ud-pates are phenomenal and was considering just leavin the campaign there.

Trenloe
June 23rd, 2020, 10:29
Trenloe,

Is there a place we can go to view or test any test channel updates? I am on test right now and was going to migrate back but your test ud-pates are phenomenal and was considering just leavin the campaign there.
Don't use the test channel for gaming unless specifically asked to in the forums. It gets frequent updates from the developers doing their product conversions and frequently has errors. We don't take any responsibility for issues, errors, lost data, and game disruption from games running in the test channel - unless we have specifically put a call out for community testing.

We are getting release 17 ready for community testing, but it's not there yet.

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 11:48
Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with how you can double-click on effects in CT to open lookupdata. When new effects are added then they cannot be double-clicked unless the campaign is reloaded. When old effects are deleted then you can double-click on new effects, but the window will still show the lookupdata of the deleted effect, again unless you reload the campaign.

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 19:28
When a target succeeds on a saving throw and then receives damage from a spell then the target is removed from the attacker. Here is a screenshot of how a spell save was first failed and damage applied, the target was not removed. Then another spell save succeeded and upon receiving damage the target was removed from the attacker. This happens regardless of how "Target: Remove on miss" is set in preferences.

https://i.imgur.com/ID5JSpM.png

Orlob
July 5th, 2020, 19:57
Never Mind I found it

rhammer2
July 12th, 2020, 08:17
I did a quick search and didn't find this listed.
Have you considered adding the player's current Hero Point total to the player's avatar pic, the way that is done with inspiration points in 5E?
Having a quick place to glance and see the player's current Hero Point totals without opening up their character sheets would be very handy.

- Robert

Trenloe
July 12th, 2020, 10:08
Have you considered adding the player's current Hero Point total to the player's avatar pic, the way that is done with inspiration points in 5E?
Yes, something like that. And also make it easier for the GM to add hero points.

damned
July 12th, 2020, 13:41
Yes, something like that. And also make it easier for the GM to add hero points.

The Hero Points extension displays the number for the GM.

rhammer2
July 18th, 2020, 21:21
The Hero Points extension displays the number for the GM.

I hadn't considered using the CoreRPG extension, since PF2 already has the Hero Points on the character sheet. I'll give it a try.

- Robert

Trenloe
July 18th, 2020, 21:52
I hadn't considered using the CoreRPG extension, since PF2 already has the Hero Points on the character sheet. I'll give it a try.
The ruleset uses the code from the extension. You won't get anything else from the extension, and probably issues. I wouldn't recommend running it.

damned
July 18th, 2020, 23:40
The note was meant for Trenloe.

Dargos
July 19th, 2020, 04:41
I was talking with my friends and I saw that they and the FG only considerate a natural 20 as an always critical hit if the total was equals or higher than the defender's AC. But, in the page 278 of the Core Rulebook, it says "When you make an attack and roll a natural 20 [...] or if the result of your attack exceeds the target's AC by 10, you achieve a critical success."

Trenloe
July 19th, 2020, 09:55
I was talking with my friends and I saw that they and the FG only considerate a natural 20 as an always critical hit if the total was equals or higher than the defender's AC. But, in the page 278 of the Core Rulebook, it says "When you make an attack and roll a natural 20 [...] or if the result of your attack exceeds the target's AC by 10, you achieve a critical success."

Welcome to the FG forums!

Thanks for reporting the potential issue. This has been discussed for a while around the community and was finally addressed by the Paizo design team - see the video (time linked to start at the right place) here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/633545875?t=1h24m28s

So, Fantasy Grounds is operating correctly. :)

Weissrolf
July 19th, 2020, 11:13
The natural 20 = always crits likely is stuck in peoples' heads from PF1E. The change to natural 20 = increase by one success level is one of the pivotal changes from 1E to 2E and among the first thing I explained to my former 1E players.

It's noteworthy that the critical hit/fumble decks standard rules are to only draw a card on a natural 20/1, with optional "deadly" rules also drawing on a +10/-10 result. I did the -10 rule for fumbles for a while to entice players not to use every last action as a strike, but try something else. It does slow down gameplay, though, because we do not have crit/fumble tables in PFRPG2 yet. Can I program those myself somehow?

Dargos
July 19th, 2020, 15:20

Thanks for reporting the potential issue. This has been discussed for a while around the community and was finally addressed by the Paizo design team - see the video (time linked to start at the right place) here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/633545875?t=1h24m28s

So, Fantasy Grounds is operating correctly. :)

Wow, thanks, didn't know this statement. When a read the book for the first time, I was thinking "ok, you can miss an attack, even when you roll a natural 20, cool". Then someone print this part of the book, the same one that I print here, and I was "ok, I was wrong, 20 is always critical, but only for attacks rolls". Thanks again for the video, this will help to unmake misunderstandings in my community, but I hope Paizo make a real errata with this.

Weissrolf
July 19th, 2020, 16:05
Quite a shame that this quintessential change slipped through editing and that erratas take so long to publish and are not immediately included in an update to the PDFs.

Dargos
July 19th, 2020, 16:37
Quite a shame that this quintessential change slipped through editing and that erratas take to long to publish and are not immediately included in an update to the PDFs.

Yeah, the Brazilian version will be start to print in this month. This version already have the errata #1, unfortunately won't get that correction

bigdummy
July 21st, 2020, 22:42
It's noteworthy that the critical hit/fumble decks standard rules are to only draw a card on a natural 20/1, with optional "deadly" rules also drawing on a +10/-10 result. I did the -10 rule for fumbles for a while to entice players not to use every last action as a strike, but try something else. It does slow down gameplay, though, because we do not have crit/fumble tables in PFRPG2 yet. Can I program those myself somehow?

I started with a blank campaign and created tables that have the resolutions (one table for each type of damage). Once done creating, export the tables as a mod file; you can then load it alongside any campaign you wish. The mod totaled 388K in size.

Now when appropriate, I drag the die to the chat window (it rolls a D52) and make the results known to the players. It's simple, and any effects need to be added to targets manually, but all my players wanted was to use the deck.

Weissrolf
July 21st, 2020, 22:55
Thanks for the explanation! :)

With manual effects it might be more effective to just keep drawing the cards, though. I keep them on my table while playing, which is feasible while gamemastering from home.

bigdummy
July 21st, 2020, 23:09
Thanks for the explanation! :)

With manual effects it might be more effective to just keep drawing the cards, though. I keep them on my table while playing, which is feasible while gamemastering from home.

I want to explore the possibility of automating some of it, but I remember reading that the crit deck is on the roadmap for PF2, and am not sure it will be worth the effort.

I include it in my game since we're all playing remotely with no cameras; the players enjoy seeing the result of the 'draw.'

JaskoTheBear
July 22nd, 2020, 11:36
Nevermind..I have the dumb

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2020, 11:43
Just downloaded the new release and went to create a character.
Choosing the Human Ancestry no longer offers Half-Elf or Half Orc heritages.
Thanks for reporting. There's been a bit of a mismatch in versions released this week in preparation for the APG (hopefully next week). I'll work with SmiteWorks today to try to get the right versions in the live channel.

In the meantime, as a workaround, don't select a heritage from the pop-up window. But open the "Heritages" grouped list from the button at the top of the Ancestries window, scroll down to the "Versatile Heritage" section at the bottom and drag/drop the link from the heritage you want to the PC sheet or chargen tracker - this will trigger the application of that heritage. Hopefully we'll have the right version back in live soon.

JaskoTheBear
July 22nd, 2020, 12:01
Thanks, Trenloe
I figured out the workaround and thought maybe that was working as intended. Glad you caught my post before I changed it

Thes33
July 23rd, 2020, 03:32
It looks like Release 17 is on the live channel now? I notice a major bug concerning action icons on the Actions tab. All the action icons next to spells, etc, have disappeared, and any attempt to re-add them ([one-action], etc.) and they disappear again when FG is restarted.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2020, 07:01
It looks like Release 17 is on the live channel now? I notice a major bug concerning action icons on the Actions tab. All the action icons next to spells, etc, have disappeared, and any attempt to re-add them ([one-action], etc.) and they disappear again when FG is restarted.
Thanks for reporting. I think this is caused by the FGC update to v3.3.11. When the FG database is saved, the characters are stripped from the data. This doesn't appear to occur in FGU.

See the final [DEV] bullet point here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html

I've reached out to SmiteWorks to see if they can fix this.

hawkwind
July 23rd, 2020, 10:15
I was just checking in to report why all the special symbols had disappeared over night from the module i was working on, they have only disappeared from story entries and NPC's i have created. I had almost finished the module as well! Adding back in doesn't work as they disappear when you restart fantasy grounds

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2020, 17:39
There's been an update released to fix the issue with the PF 2 symbols not being saved to the database. Run an update to get the fixed FantasyGrounds.exe application file.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2020, 19:11
Thanks, Trenloe
I figured out the workaround and thought maybe that was working as intended. Glad you caught my post before I changed it
This should be fixed now - run an update to get the updated PFRPG2 ruleset.

hawkwind
July 23rd, 2020, 20:32
There's been an update released to fix the issue with the PF 2 symbols not being saved to the database. Run an update to get the fixed FantasyGrounds.exe application file.

I'm going to have to re entry all the symbols?

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2020, 21:01
I'm going to have to re entry all the symbols?
Yeah, sorry.

Unless a campaign backup/session file has them in?

ShadeRaven
July 24th, 2020, 14:31
Yeah, sorry.

Unless a campaign backup/session file has them in?On the bright side, for those items that weren't hand-crafted, such as creatures in the Bestiaries, Spells, community modules, etc., those can just be dragged back into your actions page and those symbols will be added back in. It's just for those items that you crafted (or altered) yourself that you'll have to put those symbols back in.

Thes33
July 25th, 2020, 22:46
This should be fixed now - run an update to get the updated PFRPG2 ruleset.

Thanks, Trenloe! Looks like its working.

Weissrolf
July 26th, 2020, 12:17
One minor inconvenience I noticed: When you drag a spell from a lower level to a higher one it internally keeps its higher number of casts for Standard and Combat, but displays a lower (correct) number of casts for Preparation.

So at level 4 (3x level 1 + 1x level 2) if you prepared 3 casts of level 1 Heals and then dragged that to level 2 it would still show three prepared casts in Standard and Combat view, but 1 prepared cast in Preparation view. In all views the spell level header displays "Cast: 0/3".

- Crossing off a cast (1 out of 3) in Combat makes the spell vanish, so combat shows 3 casts, but uses only the 1 shown in Preparation.

- Crossing off a cast (1 out of 3) in Standard works as usual.

- Cross off a cast (1 out of 1) in Preparation fixes the whole thing. Instead of crossing off the cast it renews it and sets everything in order ("Cast: 0/1").

Kolavere
July 27th, 2020, 03:55
My players discovered something today. One of the fighters had received a Spellguard Shield (CRB 588) and even though it was equipped his AC never went up when he clicked the Raise Shield. We finally figured it out that it had to do with his magical shield not being encoded like a regular shield.

The one on the left is the Spellguard Shield from Age of Ashes 2. It works correctly with an AC, Hardness, Hit Points and Broken Threshold able to be seen (and/or modified).
The one on the right is the Spellguard Shield from the PF2CRB. Even when copied to modify, it doesn't have fields for AC, Hardness, Hit Points and Broken Threshold.

I found this same type of thing for all the magical shields in the PF2CRB. To make them work you basically need to re-create them on a plain Steel Shield.

This was our second session on FG though, so if I missed something that would have made these work like expected please let me know.

Willot
July 27th, 2020, 08:41
Problem here is "Category", one on left is "Shield" (this is correct)
One on right is "Shields", (this is incorrect) and FG doesnt know its a shield coz it's been label as a Shields.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2020, 09:02
One minor inconvenience I noticed: When you drag a spell from a lower level to a higher one it internally keeps its higher number of casts for Standard and Combat, but displays a lower (correct) number of casts for Preparation.

So at level 4 (3x level 1 + 1x level 2) if you prepared 3 casts of level 1 Heals and then dragged that to level 2 it would still show three prepared casts in Standard and Combat view, but 1 prepared cast in Preparation view. In all views the spell level header displays "Cast: 0/3".

- Crossing off a cast (1 out of 3) in Combat makes the spell vanish, so combat shows 3 casts, but uses only the 1 shown in Preparation.

- Cross off a cast (1 out of 1) in Preparation fixes the whole thing. Instead of crossing off the cast it renews it and sets everything in order ("Cast: 0/1").
Thanks for reporting a possible issue. However, I'm not following you. Can you provide some screenshots please?

Weissrolf
July 27th, 2020, 14:23
Create a spell at lower level, enter number of casts. Drag down said spell from lower level to higher level entry.

Here is an example with 3x level 1 spell slots and 2x level 2 spell slots.

https://i.imgur.com/0UrTQ24.png

Once dropped the Action tab switches to "Standard" mode even when it originally was in preparation mode, which seems like a bug to me. The number of casts exceed the higher spell level slot, but this is not reflected (updated) on the spell entry.

https://i.imgur.com/fZr38NN.png

Marking off spell casts in Standard mode:

https://i.imgur.com/hLuzdEo.png

Marking off 2 spell cast in Combat mode, despite 3 casts being shown in the header:

https://i.imgur.com/N4KdMU9.png

https://i.imgur.com/VPkLhgj.png

https://i.imgur.com/G9hoBsW.png

Clicking *once* on the number of prepared casts circles in Preparation mode fixes everything:

https://i.imgur.com/D5FOQAZ.png

Trenloe
July 27th, 2020, 14:33

Thanks for reporting and putting the screenshots and description together. Logged as RS2.098.

MaxAstro
July 27th, 2020, 20:28
Weissrolf, thank you so much. I ran into that issue sporadically and could never recreate it. I thought I was going crazy, it drove me up a wall.

Hattoriku
July 31st, 2020, 02:14
A few days ago the combat tracker has started to display the initiative and speed of npcs when their turn comes up - 38199

This happens for all npcs but not pcs. I've tried disabling all my extensions, but the problem still occurs. This happens regardless of the source of the npc - I mostly use the SR Bestiary for PF2, but it displays for self-made npcs as well. I'm running FG Classic and am on the most recent update. This bug does not display for 5th edition, only PF2. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks for the help in advance!

Dargos
July 31st, 2020, 04:06
Yesterday, when I was GM'ing Plaguestone, I found this bug: when a Bloodseeker makes a attack, FG considered the PC's AC as 11, when his AC is 18. I tried do the same with another enemy, but the FG calculate the hit correctly.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 07:31
A few days ago the combat tracker has started to display the initiative and speed of npcs when their turn comes up - 38199

This happens for all npcs but not pcs. I've tried disabling all my extensions, but the problem still occurs. This happens regardless of the source of the npc - I mostly use the SR Bestiary for PF2, but it displays for self-made npcs as well. I'm running FG Classic and am on the most recent update. This bug does not display for 5th edition, only PF2. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks for the help in advance!
What's the source of that Goblin Warrior? The one from the Bestiary includes the Goblin Scuttle reaction - and the issue doesn't occur with that Goblin NPC.

Anyway, this issue only occurs when a creature doesn't have any abilities (extremely rare in Paizo creatures, but not impossible). Logged as RS2.099. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 07:56
Yesterday, when I was GM'ing Plaguestone, I found this bug: when a Bloodseeker makes a attack, FG considered the PC's AC as 11, when his AC is 18. I tried do the same with another enemy, but the FG calculate the hit correctly.

Thanks for reporting. This is an issue specific to NPC attacks that have an "Effect" entry in the attack string instead of "Damage". Logged as RS2.100 and fixed in the next release.

hawkwind
July 31st, 2020, 08:35
Have you changed the UI scale?

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 08:55
Have you changed the UI scale?
In relation to which issue?

The two most recent issues have been identified as problems in the ruleset.

Hattoriku
July 31st, 2020, 17:50
The goblin warrior is taken from the SR Bestiary by ShadeRaven. All other npcs from the SR Bestiary display this glitch, not only the goblins. The glitch also displays for npcs I make myself, not taken from any source. Just for reference, I've attached screenshots of two monsters at random also displaying the glitch - an Adult Black Dragon 38221 and Annis Hag 38222. So on my end at least it is happening for creatures with abilities.

If the team needs any more details let me know, I appreciate the help!

Trenloe
July 31st, 2020, 17:57
The goblin warrior is taken from the SR Bestiary by ShadeRaven. All other npcs from the SR Bestiary display this glitch, not only the goblins. The glitch also displays for npcs I make myself, not taken from any source. Just for reference, I've attached screenshots of two monsters at random also displaying the glitch - an Adult Black Dragon 38221 and Annis Hag 38222. So on my end at least it is happening for creatures with abilities.

If the team needs any more details let me know, I appreciate the help!
As previously mentioned, this happens for creatures that don't have data in the abilities sections of their statblock. I'll provide a fix in the future release to cater form NPCs that don't have any abilities.

Here's an example of the Adult Black Dragon from the official Bestiary:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38223

And here's the Annis Hag, showing the ability automation that has recently become available with Release 17 of the ruleset, and the recent update to the Bestiary (currently automation is added to creatures up to level 6 - more updates to come):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38224

Hattoriku
July 31st, 2020, 22:13
Ah, apologies for the confusion. I'm still learning the ropes and catching up on the terminology regarding data and automation. If I'm understanding correctly, the SR Bestiary does not have data loaded in the automation, hence the display glitch. Thank you for clarifying and being patient while I catch up to speed!

GraytDane
August 3rd, 2020, 22:59
Hello.
Is there a way to "text wrap" the ability descriptions that are in the Combat Tracker? It Isn't a huge deal - I can always refer to the creature's stat-block - but I am curious if it can be done.

Trenloe
August 4th, 2020, 08:24
Hello.
Is there a way to "text wrap" the ability descriptions that are in the Combat Tracker? It Isn't a huge deal - I can always refer to the creature's stat-block - but I am curious if it can be done.
Hello!

You'd need to write an extension to do this. I specifically didn't show all the data because the combat tracker would quickly become overwhelmed with creatures with a lot of abilities (it gets that way now to be honest). The reason I decided to display just one line is as a reminder to the GM (especially for reaction and free action triggers). To get the full info just click the link to the left of the entry to open the description for that ability.

GraytDane
August 4th, 2020, 19:38
Fair enough; makes sense. Thank you!

malvok
August 4th, 2020, 20:14
I did a search but nothing came up, if this has been mentioned then please ignore this post. In the FGU version of the ruleset the word initiative is spelled "Initiativ". It is correct in the FGC version. Here's a screenshot with FGC on the left, FGU the right. No extensions or mods were loaded in either game.38339

Trenloe
August 4th, 2020, 20:38
I did a search but nothing came up, if this has been mentioned then please ignore this post. In the FGU version of the ruleset the word initiative is spelled "Initiativ". It is correct in the FGC version. Here's a screenshot with FGC on the left, FGU the right. No extensions or mods were loaded in either game.38339
Unfortunately that’s an issue with the FGU font displaying slightly larger than FGC and the string is getting truncated. I’ll see if I can do something about it. Thanks for reporting.

lostsanityreturned
August 6th, 2020, 20:04
(it gets that way now to be honest)

No kidding, running book 3 of age of ashes atm and scarlet triad sneaks are pretty painful (especially as I added their bloodseeker beaks to them)

Reminds me, I need to go find the script and remove the description (the name is enough reminder for me, and I can always click on the button or character sheet for automation rolls) before next game so that my mouse wheel doesn't die when I have 8 of them in one encounter -sobs-

On that note, boy was it nice to have automation. My first session with it was in the dreamgate vs the hags and I was able to quickly fill out the automation sections mid play in a matter of moments. (I accidentally skipped them when automating the rest of the npcs for the adventure, oopse lol)

Weissrolf
August 6th, 2020, 20:31
Will there be a resolution for the "If you have more than one type of resistance that would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable resistance value" situation?

Weissrolf
August 6th, 2020, 20:33
...I was able to quickly fill out the automation sections mid play in a matter of moments.
Could you point me to the post that explains how to do these automation sections ourselves? Thanks in advance. :)

lostsanityreturned
August 7th, 2020, 09:31
Could you point me to the post that explains how to do these automation sections ourselves? Thanks in advance. :)

The A17 release post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59857-PFRPG2-ruleset-Release-17-now-quot-live-quot&p=525174&viewfull=1#post525174)

Although I amusingly found this after I had already learnt all the functions by looking up npcs who had already been automated like a weirdo pleb -laughs-

Weissrolf
August 7th, 2020, 09:50
Great, thank you. I knew it likely was somewhere here, but did not know exactly where. :)

Trenloe
August 7th, 2020, 09:52
Will there be a resolution for the "If you have more than one type of resistance that would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable resistance value" situation?
Yes, it will be at some point. As mentioned before, it's on the issues list as RS2.097.

Weissrolf
August 7th, 2020, 10:47
Thanks.

thomnoland
August 9th, 2020, 00:48
One of my players is having an issue where their strength score isn't calculating properly. All the rules and boosts should leave the character at 18 strength, but it keeps setting the strength score at 17. When I manually ticked it up to 18 it read 18(+2), ticked it back down to 17, which now displays as 17(+1), so the system NOW seems to calculate the strength at 16? Any help, advice?

Trenloe
August 9th, 2020, 11:29
One of my players is having an issue where their strength score isn't calculating properly. All the rules and boosts should leave the character at 18 strength, but it keeps setting the strength score at 17. When I manually ticked it up to 18 it read 18(+2), ticked it back down to 17, which now displays as 17(+1), so the system NOW seems to calculate the strength at 16? Any help, advice?
Please export the character into an XML file and attach here. Press the blue arrow button on the chargen tracker to export the XML file. I'll take a look at the PC to see if I can work out what the issue is.

lostsanityreturned
August 9th, 2020, 21:43
Please export the character into an XML file and attach here. Press the blue arrow button on the chargen tracker to export the XML file. I'll take a look at the PC to see if I can work out what the issue is.

The issue occurs when raising a character with a penalty to 18 form 16.

It works correctly when the character first gets the ability score, but resets to 17 when the session is freshly loaded. It resets to 18 again if you go back into the tracker and cycle the state selection.

I can also give you a character export where it has happened. I have recreated it with a level 5 gnome barbarian with maximum strength selection, so it should be easily replicatable on your end as well.

Trenloe
August 9th, 2020, 22:09

It works correctly when the character first gets the ability score, but resets to 17 when the session is freshly loaded. It resets to 18 again if you go back into the tracker and cycle the state selection.

I can also give you a character export where it has happened. I have recreated it with a level 5 gnome barbarian with maximum strength selection, so it should be easily replicatable on your end as well.
I'm not clear on the exact cause, so I would appreciate some example XML I can look at. Thanks.

lostsanityreturned
August 9th, 2020, 22:38
I'm not clear on the exact cause, so I would appreciate some example XML I can look at. Thanks.

Sure I will link two below.

Process to replicate:
- Create a character
- Select Gnome ancestry, select strength as its attribute increase
- Select Any background, select strength as its attribute increase
- Select Barbarian class, select strength as its primary attribute
- Select strength as one of your four free attribute increases
- Increase the barbarian's level till level 5
- Select strength as one of your four free attribute increases

The gnome should now have 18 in str as it started with a -2 penalty in strength, this is correct.

- Close fantasygrounds
- Reopen fantasygrounds

The gnome will now have 17 in strength. The issue is tied to ability penalties and resetting the program.

Example STR Gnome XML (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQpFLRWqichihjo6R0GEm83tY4ivYMCp/view?usp=sharing)

Sorcerer with 17 CHA (https://drive.google.com/file/d/177BR7fClFCJoZkERvHrNNsC09ua9Om9f/view?usp=sharing)

ShadeRaven
August 10th, 2020, 06:00
Oh, yeah. I bet it's because it's assigning just a +1 bonus to the stat increase when applying those bonuses (thinking it's an 18 going to 19, so just +1) and then applying the Ability Flaw for Gnome (-2) during some internal check on re-entry. So what the original character had was STR: 10 -2 (gnome) +2 (Anc) +2 (BG) +2 (Class) +2 (Free) for a 16. Then +2 (L5) for 18. Somehow, the recompute on reentry is applying the Flaw after the boosts (so 10+2+2+2+2+1 then -2). The Tracker handles it normally, but something else must reload on entry differently.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2020, 08:21
Thanks for explaining the issue and providing examples. Logged as RS2.104 and fixed in release 18 (not the release tomorrow).

lostsanityreturned
August 11th, 2020, 01:53
Oh while I remember. There is an issue with the MAP effect where it doesn't apply unless you use the toggle button from the modifier window or the combat tracker.

Replicate:
- Apply MAP:2 effect to player character
- Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target. It won't adjust the modifier of the roll.
- Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button. Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target again. It will adjust the modifier of the roll.

This also creates a secondary issue/bug where if you have the MAP:# effect the map toggle buttons no longer apply to the first attack a player makes.

Example and Issue:
- Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button
- Roll the first attack from the combat tracker
- It will roll at a -5 or -10
- Apply MAP:2 effect to the same character
- it will roll at a +2 or +4 (it should be rolling with a -3 or -6)

The issue being that it changes how the MAP modifier buttons interact with the weapon entries depending on whether the player has an effect applied or not.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2020, 10:01
Oh while I remember. There is an issue with the MAP effect where it doesn't apply unless you use the toggle button from the modifier window or the combat tracker.

Replicate:
- Apply MAP:2 effect to player character
- Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target. It won't adjust the modifier of the roll.
- Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button. Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target again. It will adjust the modifier of the roll.

This also creates a secondary issue/bug where if you have the MAP:# effect the map toggle buttons no longer apply to the first attack a player makes.

Example and Issue:
- Roll the first attack from the combat tracker
- It will roll at a -5 or -10
- Apply MAP:2 effect to the same character
- it will roll at a +2 or +4 (it should be rolling with a -3 or -6)

The issue being that it changes how the MAP modifier buttons interact with the weapon entries depending on whether the player has an effect applied or not.
See details on how this is designed to work here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57774-PFRPG2-ruleset-Release-16-now-in-quot-live-!&p=508118&viewfull=1#post508118

And, by design, it's assumed that any MAP effect will be negative. I doubt there'll ever be a positive bonus to MAP.

lostsanityreturned
August 11th, 2020, 11:03
See details on how this is designed to work here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57774-PFRPG2-ruleset-Release-16-now-in-quot-live-!&p=508118&viewfull=1#post508118

And, by design, it's assumed that any MAP effect will be negative. I doubt there'll ever be a positive bonus to MAP.

Ah never saw that description, only saw that it was added as an effect via the patch notes in the past.
It came to mind recently when a redditor was mentioning they had the same issue and I explained how/when it worked or didn't work for me and what I did to get it consistently working.

Probably worth adding a description of how it has to work to the Effects wiki page to avoid confusion in the future. As currently with a positive it can look to be working but have situational cases where it doesn't work, and that will lead to confusion.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2020, 11:21
It's mentioned here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/372244481/PFRPG2+Effects#Modifiers (The old Wiki is locked and I can't update it). I'll add info saying it doesn't work for PC attack #2 and #3 entries.

MAP is used in a simple mathematical calculation: Second attack penalty = MAP [+1 if using an agile weapon]. Third and higher attack = (MAP [+1 if using an agile weapon]) x 2.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2020, 19:34
This should be fixed with today's update. Thanks again for reporting.

thomnoland
August 12th, 2020, 17:04
Was just about to come back and post of the character, but it looks like lostsanityreturned beat me to the punch! Glad to know that I wasn't the only GM having this issue! Thanks Trenloe for all of your hard work on this ruleset!

teddytws
August 13th, 2020, 07:08
Deleted...Sorry, had an issue, saw you address it in another post (and i cant figure out how to delete this)

Trenloe
August 13th, 2020, 20:11

Deleted...Sorry, had an issue, saw you address it in another post (and i cant figure out how to delete this)
Thanks everyone for reporting the issues - and helping me work out what they are. These (and another I saw) are part of a hotfix recently made available via the updater - the release version reported in chat is 17b-1.

Info on the fixes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?60840-Release-Updates-for-August-11th-2020&p=534239&viewfull=1#post534239

SCPantera
August 17th, 2020, 03:25
Just found this thread after posting this elsewhere so I'll crosspost here quick:

Dunno if this is intended but since it's working fine for armor I figured I might as well drop a post here: was troubleshooting an unrelated issue when I noticed FGU wasn't automatically adding proficiency bonuses to weapon attacks. Highlighted in the attached image.

Been GMing my first campaign of 2e in FGU and we've all been wondering why things seemed like they've been whiffing a bit more than they should.

ShadeRaven
August 17th, 2020, 05:14
Hey SCPantera. For now, the automation of weapon proficiencies isn't in like it is with armor. I know Trenloe intends to change that in the future, but it's more complicated to implement with weapons that it was with armor groups. For now, simple go through the weapons on the actions tab and cycle through to reach the level of training expected.

The easiest way to tell if a weapon is missing its expected proficiency is to simple look at the Prof column on that action sheet. If it's blank when it shouldn't be, you know you need to go in and update that weapon's rating.

SCPantera
August 17th, 2020, 18:08
I guess I'd suggest mentioning it in the tracker for character creation, since it's otherwise not clear that's the case.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2020, 18:59
I guess I'd suggest mentioning it in the tracker for character creation, since it's otherwise not clear that's the case.
I'll add some appropriate wording in a future release.

SCPantera
August 17th, 2020, 20:26
I'll add some appropriate wording in a future release.

Rockin'. Thanks for all your hard work!

GMChair
August 18th, 2020, 15:53
Am I supposed to be able to use AURA effects in PF2E on FGU? I was trying to set up a bard's inspire courage cantrip to use an aura after I read about the auras on this wiki page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/200081431/Reference+-+Effects

But it doesn't seem to work at all, even just copying and pasting the examples on that page.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2020, 16:09
Am I supposed to be able to use AURA effects in PF2E on FGU? I was trying to set up a bard's inspire courage cantrip to use an aura after I read about the auras on this wiki page: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/200081431/Reference+-+Effects

But it doesn't seem to work at all, even just copying and pasting the examples on that page.
That's the AD&D effects page. Refer to the Pathfinder 2.0 effects page here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/372244481/PFRPG2+Effects

There is nothing in the PF2 ruleset that's going to apply an effect based off a range or proximity of tokens. Any effects need to be manually applied to the targets that they'll effect.

GMChair
August 18th, 2020, 16:21
Welp, that would certainly explain it. Thanks.

MaxAstro
August 18th, 2020, 16:56
Although note that as long as the PCs are reasonably grouped together - inspire courage has quite a large radius after all - you can just use the "target all friendlies" button. That's what I always do when applying Inspire Courage for my bard player - click target all friendlies, if needed click individual PCs to remove them from the target list, then click the Inspire Courage effect. Pretty fast.

CaryScott
August 23rd, 2020, 19:39
Data module activation confusion, When I select Ruleset I keep seeing playtest rules and not the updated stuff from the core rules PDF's, I have an ultimate license. Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing.

I have updated 5 minutes ago.

bigdummy
August 23rd, 2020, 19:49
The Core ruleset is a separate purchase, not included in a purchase of Unity.

[edit for clarity] You get access to the ruleset (and it's functionality in FG) but the book itself isn't included.

CaryScott
August 23rd, 2020, 19:56
The base ruleset is included in the license,

The core rulebook DLC is a separate thing.

Ckorik
August 23rd, 2020, 20:01
The base ruleset isn't a data module - it activates when you create a campaign and load it - the type of campaign you want is PF2 - that loads the 'base ruleset' No data module needed. The base ruleset does not come with classes - feats - items - spells - etc. Being the case the core rulebook is really needed unless you plan to copy paste all the stuff yourself from Archives of Nethys -

CaryScott
August 23rd, 2020, 20:04
Ckorik, Did you look at the screen shots I posted?38751

Ckorik
August 23rd, 2020, 20:08
Yes - that's from the data module activation screen - the test rules were a data module - they contain stuff like feats/classes etc. that were part of the playtest. They are a data module. The base ruleset is not - example here - note that I have no data modules loaded - the base ruleset is already loaded though:

Ckorik
August 23rd, 2020, 20:11
Another example here - where you pick *the base ruleset*

CaryScott
August 23rd, 2020, 20:26
ok, I think I get it now I am seeing the playtest data because I activated it in the data module section, but the ruleset is running the PFRPG2 from the initial module creation. Thanks for help clarifying.

lostsanityreturned
August 24th, 2020, 00:37
ok, I think I get it now I am seeing the playtest data because I activated it in the data module section, but the ruleset is running the PFRPG2 from the initial module creation. Thanks for help clarifying.

The PF2e ruleset is fully functional without modules, but it will mean you need to manually create everything if you want automation atm. (nobody has made a SRD as far as I am aware, and I don't think people will out of respect for Trenlo's work for now).

If you do want to get all of the content.

1. Link your fantasygrounds account with your paizo account. This gives a discount equal to the price of the pdf if you have the pdf on your paizo account, OR gives you the pdf if you do not. You will need to retrieve or send purchase information before or after each purchase to gain these benefits respectively. (link provided below)

2. Purchase individual books from the Fantasygrounds store. This will give you everything in the book you choose including all images and text including a full reference file allowing you to search the book and link sections mid play. You then load this module when you start up the ruleset in the screen you have been looking at.

Links:

Paizo Account Synchronization (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp)

Pathfinder 2e Core Rule Book (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2101FG)

Store filtered for rule books only (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=24&pub=-1&typ=5&search=&sort=1)

Lost Omens line of setting books (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=24&pub=43&typ=2&search=&sort=1)

Adventures including adventure paths and stand alone adventure modules (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=24&pub=43&typ=3&search=&sort=1)

FINAL NOTE:
If you want any information on what a specific product gives you feel free to ask; I am just a user but I have extensive experience with the ruleset and products now.

You don't actually need the products mentioned to run games in Fantasygrounds, it is just for making life easy/quick so you don't have to enter things in manually.

I recommend going to the Fantasygrounds College (https://fantasygroundscollege.net/) site if you want to get a more directed tour through the program by some of the other users. It isn't necessary and I didn't use it to learn the program, but I spend my life learning far more complex programs and relearning them every update for a living -laughs-

MaxAstro
September 18th, 2020, 15:20
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the DLC, the core rules, or what, but:

I was running The Slithering yesterday, and had a PC use Electric Arc against one of the ochre jellies, which are immune to electricity. Since they didn't know, I had them resolve the spell normally. The jelly crit failed its saving throw.

When the PC went to roll damage, for some reason the ooze still took damage, but the damage wasn't doubled. It kinda looks like it resisted the base damage of the spell, but still took the extra damage from crit failing.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2020, 15:41
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the DLC, the core rules, or what, but:

I was running The Slithering yesterday, and had a PC use Electric Arc against one of the ochre jellies, which are immune to electricity. Since they didn't know, I had them resolve the spell normally. The jelly crit failed its saving throw.

When the PC went to roll damage, for some reason the ooze still took damage, but the damage wasn't doubled. It kinda looks like it resisted the base damage of the spell, but still took the extra damage from crit failing.
Moved to the ruleset thread as this is a ruleset issue.

Logged as RS2.107. Thanks for reporting.

flashgordon
September 18th, 2020, 19:44
Searching for Orc ancestry feats via the tracker also returns feats for Sorcerer and Half-Orc. This is likely due to it doing a simple substring search on the traits, instead of doing a word based search, which should be doable either using a regular expression of by tokenizing the traits string field.

Trenloe
September 18th, 2020, 19:49
Searching for Orc ancestry feats via the tracker also returns feats for Sorcerer and Half-Orc. This is likely due to it doing a simple substring search on the traits, instead of doing a word based search, which should be doable either using a regular expression of by tokenizing the traits string field.
Yeah, it's on my internal list of things to do. Unfortunately it's not a simple fix due to the way the standard CoreRPG code is used to filter records. It effects goblin and hobgoblin filters too (i.e hobgoblin ancestry feats are included with the goblin feats). Working on a fix though.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

dewmsolo
September 24th, 2020, 13:58
I don't know if this is recently not working again because I feel like this used to work not that long ago, but the "Action symbols" are not working when using a custom font.

So if I use the FGU regular font without an extension to replace it, the "Action symbols" all show properly. If I use an extension to replace the standard font the "Action symbols" do not render anymore and are replaced with an empty box.

For some reason I think FGU used to fallback to the standard font for these when the new font didn't have the symbols, but I may just be imagining things also.

lostsanityreturned
September 24th, 2020, 14:15
I don't know if this is recently not working again because I feel like this used to work not that long ago, but the "Action symbols" are not working when using a custom font.

So if I use the FGU regular font without an extension to replace it, the "Action symbols" all show properly. If I use an extension to replace the standard font the "Action symbols" do not render anymore and are replaced with an empty box.

For some reason I think FGU used to fallback to the standard font for these when the new font didn't have the symbols, but I may just be imagining things also.

Font forge works for porting the symbols into other fonts.

dewmsolo
September 24th, 2020, 14:49
So you are suggesting to use Font Forge to modify the custom font by using FGU's basic font to "import" the symbols?

lostsanityreturned
September 24th, 2020, 15:28
So you are suggesting to use Font Forge to modify the custom font by using FGU's basic font to "import" the symbols?

Yup, put it into the same location and it works. Done it a few times as a makeshift fix :)

Trenloe
September 25th, 2020, 09:08

The PF2 symbols are specific characters in the font. They arenít separate. There has never been a fallback or replacement. FG doesnít know if the font itís using contains the right symbol or not - itís just a single character it displays. So, as mentioned above, the individual symbol characters from the base ruleset font would have to be incorporated into any fonts that replace the ruleset fonts.

Karzoug
October 7th, 2020, 18:01
Hello, i have this bug on FGU : Icon missing
And i see this error on log : tab action error

Trenloe
October 7th, 2020, 18:09
Hello, i have this bug on FGU : Icon missing
And i see this error on log : tab action error

Thanks for reporting these issues. They've both been raised on the FG Discord server and are being looked at. They don't actually break anything, but obviously need fixing.

lostsanityreturned
October 23rd, 2020, 16:07
The latest unity update seems to have broken text positioning a bit, everything has shifted down and text is embedded into the underlining in themes (best examples would be effects, both in the combat tracker and character sheets)

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2020, 16:22
The latest unity update seems to have broken text positioning a bit, everything has shifted down and text is embedded into the underlining in themes (best examples would be effects, both in the combat tracker and character sheets)
This appears to be present in other rulesets. And the PFRPG2 ruleset doesn't change the base underline spacing of "1" from CoreRPG. So will have to wait on the fix being applied in a future release of FGU.

bigdummy
October 24th, 2020, 16:43
I hope I'm in the right thread. Please accept my apology if not.

Situation: Party is in combat. Bard is somewhere in the middle of the initiative order. Bard casts Inspire Courage. (I use SR's Drag and Drop to automate the effect) All targets receive the right bonuses, etc, etc. When the round officially ends and goes back to the top of the order, the spell is gone, even though it should be effective until it's the bard's turn again.

It LOOKS like you can only select "Start of Round" and "End of round" to decrement the effect (which appears weird to me, because they're effectively the same). Is that the case? And if so, it seems the only workaround for the bard would be to cast it at the top of the next round, and if they choose not to cast it when it's their turn again, go in and manually remove the effect from everyone.

Have I missed something? I don't necessarily know if this is a bug, but maybe a limitation of the ruleset programming and/or FGU.

ShadeRaven
October 24th, 2020, 17:30
Hey BD... I am not sure why that's happening for you. When I just tested Inspire Courage, having one character cast it on her turn, the effect lasted through to next round for all characters until it hit the casting character's turn when it then ended for everyone it was applied to.

Granted, I tested this in Classic.. so maybe I should double-check to make sure it works the same in Unity. Hrm.

bigdummy
October 24th, 2020, 17:38
Hey BD... I am not sure why that's happening for you. When I just tested Inspire Courage, having one character cast it on her turn, the effect lasted through to next round for all characters until it hit the casting character's turn when it then ended for everyone it was applied to.

Granted, I tested this in Classic.. so maybe I should double-check to make sure it works the same in Unity. Hrm.

...And strangely enough, I just ran through a test combat in another campaign and it worked as it should.

Hm. This definitely isn't a bug on FG's end, but it is definitely something we experienced Thursday night in our game. I'll just export the characters and recreate the campaign since we're about to start a new AP book anyway.

Thanks!

ShadeRaven
October 24th, 2020, 21:19
Hey BD, one thing to keep in mind.. it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's rather annoying.

Characters on the combat tracker that have the same Initiative score all drop effects that are on that initiative. So say you have a Bullywug Bigwig, Sir Loin of Steak, and Bodacious the Bard all at initiative 23, when it comes around to initiative 23 the next round, even if the bard is 3rd on that list, it'll end all effects that were set to expire at initiative score 23 at the start of that initiative score.

IIRC, this is more of an internal Core coding issue, not one limited to PF2. When it's been important in my campaigns, I've tried to catch instances like that where I know it's going to be a problem and slightly tweak the initiative scores to accommodate this little bug... so I might set Bodacious' initiative to 22.9 just to make sure his timed effects only end right on his turn.

Not sure if this is what you ran into, but it's also worth keeping in mind. :)

bigdummy
October 25th, 2020, 00:57
I don't remember the precise order of events we encountered anymore. I want to say this has happened more than once, but I can't recreate it now. I even went back to the campaign file we're using and got it to act as it should.

I'll call it "something corrupted somewhere and it's all better now" and definitely keep in mind your tip on initiative for the future.

Thank you!

Willot
October 25th, 2020, 21:29
If damage is dragged to the Modifier Box from a weapon. Then weapon damage is dragged to a creature (for double damage). There is a script error

Vanilla PFRPG2 Ruleset, no Extensions etc
This happens in both FGC and FGU

5e Ruleset doesn't have this problem

See video link HERE (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYft2gN9vVVDHo3cKw7KiSVSq_zPIyp-/view?usp=sharing)

Trenloe
October 25th, 2020, 21:48
If damage is dragged to the Modifier Box from a weapon. Then weapon damage is dragged to a creature (for double damage). There is a script error

Vanilla PFRPG2 Ruleset, no Extensions etc
This happens in both FGC and FGU

5e Ruleset doesn't have this problem

See video link HERE (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYft2gN9vVVDHo3cKw7KiSVSq_zPIyp-/view?usp=sharing)
Thanks for reporting. Removed the error message in the next release.

Note - the 5E ruleset doesn't raise an error, but it also doesn't process dice in modifiers. This is what the PF2 ruleset will do in future - only the base modifier of any dice action dragged to the modifier stack will be used for the next roll. But the result summary string won't be 100% correct, it'll show the other dice as part of the description, just like the 5E ruleset does.

If you're trying to use this process to "store" previous damage rolls, roll the damage first and drag the numerical result from the chat window to the modifier window. Then it will work correctly.

Cobalt Crusader
November 8th, 2020, 23:03
Had an error with specifically Fatal weapons in today's game. The fatal damage does not appear to be rolling or applying to a targeted creature. Both myself and the player cannot trigger the fatal damange.

error here since the image doesn't want to attach:
[string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got table)

Trenloe
November 9th, 2020, 09:23
Had an error with specifically Fatal weapons in today's game. The fatal damage does not appear to be rolling or applying to a targeted creature. Both myself and the player cannot trigger the fatal damange.

error here since the image doesn't want to attach:
[string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got table)

I can't recreate this error - I'm testing rolling critical damage with a light pick that has the fatal d8 trait. Please can you provide some more info:

Are you running FG Classic or Unity?
What extensions are you running?
Are you in the "live" or "test" channel?
What is the exact error string - I'm most interested in the line number that will be mentioned.
What is the Traits string for the weapon action being rolled?
If you add a light pick from the Core Rules to the PC sheet, and roll critical damage, does the error occur?

Rhuarc
November 10th, 2020, 16:56
Will the recently released errata be implemented in FG at any point?

Trenloe
November 10th, 2020, 17:05
Will the recently released errata be implemented in FG at any point?
At some point, yes. No ETA as yet.

Daso
November 18th, 2020, 13:49

I can't recreate this error - I'm testing rolling critical damage with a light pick that has the fatal d8 trait. Please can you provide some more info:

Are you running FG Classic or Unity?
What extensions are you running?
Are you in the "live" or "test" channel?
What is the exact error string - I'm most interested in the line number that will be mentioned.
What is the Traits string for the weapon action being rolled?
If you add a light pick from the Core Rules to the PC sheet, and roll critical damage, does the error occur?

Hi Trenloe,

Saw this in another thread, here's a screenshot of the error I'm getting.

I have a PF2 campaign
no extensions
FGU on the live channel
Mods loaded: CRB, APG, Bestiary 1

This is with a fighter I created using a Pick as a weapon (dragged it from the CRB to my inventory), drag/dropping the damage dice onto the baddie in the CT. (Fatal works if you target in the CT and double click damage)

Trenloe
November 18th, 2020, 13:56
drag/dropping the damage dice onto the baddie in the CT. (Fatal works if you target in the CT and double click damage)
This was the key thing. Thank you! Logged as RS2.111.

FGU seems to encapsulate the dice differently in a drag operation.

EDIT: Found and fixed the issue. Will be in the next ruleset release - maybe next week...

Weissrolf
November 18th, 2020, 14:22
Every fighter fighting with (two) picks nowadays. Maybe FG tries to prevent that somewhat lame abuse of crafting tools to remind fighters that picks are meant for dragons' dental care only.

Weissrolf
November 24th, 2020, 13:10
I don't know if this belongs here or in the CR module thread:

When PCs increase their character class then their new hitpoint total is not updated unless the Hit Points magnifying glass is clicked to open the Hit Points extra windows. Sometimes even that is not sufficient, but changing the Wounds value in the popup window finally updates total HP then.

Trenloe
November 24th, 2020, 13:24
When PCs increase their character class then their new hitpoint total is not updated unless the Hit Points magnifying glass is clicked to open the Hit Points extra windows. Sometimes even that is not sufficient, but changing the Wounds value in the popup window finally updates total HP then.
How are you leveling up? Drag/dropping a class onto the PC sheet/chargen tracker? Or manually changing the level in the "Class & Level" window? If you're using the latter then that is not the correct way and automation of any data is not supported. *Always* level up by dragging a new character class onto the PC sheet/chargen tracker. I also strongly recommend reviewing the chargen tracker messages for guidance on what has and hasn't been updated.

Weissrolf
November 24th, 2020, 13:30
I will tell my players to do so in the future. Now that several levels were done manually, is there a proper way of cleaning this up or will it be sufficient to just start dragging from now on?

PS: How do we delete a class level and its automation properly (if someone dragged the wrong class by accident)?

Trenloe
November 24th, 2020, 13:38
I will tell my players to do so in the future. Now that several levels were done manually, is there a proper way of cleaning this up or will it be sufficient to just start dragging from now on?
FG will apply the specific benefits of the level the class is adding and nothing more. However, if the manual data added so far isn't what it expects then it may not do things correctly - mostly around spells per level.

PS: How do we delete a class level and its automation properly (if someone dragged the wrong class by accident)?
Reduce the level value by one and remove all of the abilities/automation additions made or manually added for that level - referring to what was added as listed in the Chargen Tracker will be useful if the level was added by drag/dropping the class.

Weissrolf
November 24th, 2020, 13:51
Great, thanks for hints! :)

quirkygamer
January 9th, 2021, 01:04
I hope this is the right place to post this. I was adding a custom weapon from the first edition and when I went to add the damage I wasn't able to click on the dice to add the damage. Am I missing something on how to add the damage? Clicking on the D6 doesn't work.

bigdummy
January 9th, 2021, 01:05
I hope this is the right place to post this. I was adding a custom weapon from the first edition and when I went to add the damage I wasn't able to click on the dice to add the damage. Am I missing something on how to add the damage? Clicking on the D6 doesn't work.

Drag it into the box.

quirkygamer
January 9th, 2021, 01:11
Drag it into the box.

Awesome, thank you!

CSManiac33
January 25th, 2021, 16:01
I am not 100% sure if this is the correct place to put this but Goblin and Hobgoblin have access to each other's ancestry feats although the should only have their own.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2021, 16:14
I am not 100% sure if this is the correct place to put this but Goblin and Hobgoblin have access to each other's ancestry feats although the should only have their own.
Welcome to the FG forums.

Thanks for reporting. I'm aware of the issue and a fix will be provided in a future ruleset release.

Zaister
January 26th, 2021, 10:01
On the character sheet action tab, spell class entries have a field named CL, and the tooltip says "Caster Level". This might appear a bit confusing, especially to players who have never played Pathfinder First Edition, as there is no such thing as Caster Level in Pathfinder Second Edition. The tooltip could, for example be changed to "Character Level". Personally, I'd relabel the field just "Level" instead of "CL", or maybe remove it altogether and automate the value, as the character's level should be known, and in PF2 you do not have mutilple classes with different levels anyway.

Trenloe
January 26th, 2021, 12:21
On the character sheet action tab, spell class entries have a field named CL, and the tooltip says "Caster Level". This might appear a bit confusing, especially to players who have never played Pathfinder First Edition, as there is no such thing as Caster Level in Pathfinder Second Edition. The tooltip could, for example be changed to "Character Level". Personally, I'd relabel the field just "Level" instead of "CL", or maybe remove it altogether and automate the value, as the character's level should be known, and in PF2 you do not have mutilple classes with different levels anyway.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll think about an appropriate change to this.

MaxAstro
January 29th, 2021, 23:43
The CL field does still have a niche use - for abilities like Divine Font, you can set the damage/healing dice to be "Odd CLs" and that will increase correctly as the character levels up without having to physically move the ability to a new level slot.

However, that is a VERY niche usage, and the functionality could be retained by just having an "Odd CLs" dice multiplier point to the character's level instead of CL field of the caster class.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2021, 21:34
The CL field does still have a niche use...
The field isn't going. @Zaister was just saying that the tooltip saying "Caster Level" could be confusing. That's all.

lostsanityreturned
February 1st, 2021, 14:35
The field isn't going. @Zaister was just saying that the tooltip saying "Caster Level" could be confusing. That's all.

Hmmm, in the rules the field serves no purpose other than to manually input with a character level though. As everything CL is used for (odd and even) is always mapped to character level, this may change in a future supplement, but I really doubt it as that goes against the design philosophy of PF2e removing stuff like per level multiclassing anyway.

EmptyOwl
February 2nd, 2021, 05:42
Hi,

Quick feature request: would it be possible to make the Spell Roll box on the action sheet rollable? Has come up a couple times for monsters or PCs doing countering and a few other oddities. Just a convenience, certainly, as one could type a modifier in and roll a d20.

Thanks!

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2021, 11:15
Quick feature request: would it be possible to make the Spell Roll box on the action sheet rollable? Has come up a couple times for monsters or PCs doing countering and a few other oddities. Just a convenience, certainly, as one could type a modifier in and roll a d20.
Good idea. I'll add this to the long list and consider it in future. To do it properly it needs to be a full blow ruleset action, taking into account currently active effects. So it's not just a case of making it rollable as a complete solution...

DaddyNugget
February 3rd, 2021, 16:41
I found the 'license.html' file within the ruleset references PFRPG, not PFRPG2. Although doesn't impact anything, could be a legal issue.

There are some other minor things like the classes referencing numerous classes that do not exist (search cavalier under the strings file) but those don't seem to break anything.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2021, 16:58
I found the 'license.html' file within the ruleset references PFRPG, not PFRPG2. Although doesn't impact anything, could be a legal issue.
Thanks for letting me know.

There are some other minor things like the classes referencing numerous classes that do not exist (search cavalier under the strings file) but those don't seem to break anything.
Please only log things that are actually broken or an issue. Code that isn't used isn't breaking anything.

Intemperiae
February 4th, 2021, 00:21
Hello everyone,

let me first say that I really love Fantasy Grounds so far and am very glad for the great automation it already provides.
A quick forum search did not bring up my error, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this is not the wrong place for it.

Now to the problem: If an enemy has more than one weakness and the damage roll against that enemy also deals more than one of the types of damage it is weak to, the damage just gets added up, instead of using the higher value of both. Core Rulebook pg. 453 says:

"If more than one weakness would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable weakness value. This usually happens only when a monster is weak to both a type of physical damage and a given material."

To test this I attacked a Zombie (Brute, Hulk, Shambler etc) with a slashing weapon that also deals positive damage. I tested it by adding the Holy rune to a longsword following the guide in the PFRPG2 Effects entry in the wiki:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/338919425/PFRPG2+Items

Am I simply overlooking something fundamental or is it really not working as it should?
Thank you all for any possible help.

Momo
February 4th, 2021, 00:35
First of all, Trenloe.. you're killing it, thank you for all that you do. Not sure if this is an issue or not but my group was fighting a stone golem and who is vulnerable to water and cold and physical resistance 10 (except adamantine) but unless it was with an adamantine weapon, no damage would apply to the critter. So a cone of cold for example wouldn't do any damage and a strike doing 26 dmg for example would also do no damage. I didn't take screen shots.. sorry

Trenloe
February 4th, 2021, 09:30
Hello everyone,

let me first say that I really love Fantasy Grounds so far and am very glad for the great automation it already provides.
A quick forum search did not bring up my error, so I am posting it here. Hopefully this is not the wrong place for it.

Now to the problem: If an enemy has more than one weakness and the damage roll against that enemy also deals more than one of the types of damage it is weak to, the damage just gets added up, instead of using the higher value of both. Core Rulebook pg. 453 says:

"If more than one weakness would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable weakness value. This usually happens only when a monster is weak to both a type of physical damage and a given material."

To test this I attacked a Zombie (Brute, Hulk, Shambler etc) with a slashing weapon that also deals positive damage. I tested it by adding the Holy rune to a longsword following the guide in the PFRPG2 Effects entry in the wiki:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/338919425/PFRPG2+Items

Am I simply overlooking something fundamental or is it really not working as it should?
Thank you all for any possible help.

Moved to the ruleset issue reporting thread.

Thanks for reporting. This issue is being tracked as RS2.097 in the issue spreadsheet (see link in post #2). It's awaiting a re-write of the damage handling subsystem.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2021, 09:33
First of all, Trenloe.. you're killing it, thank you for all that you do. Not sure if this is an issue or not but my group was fighting a stone golem and who is vulnerable to water and cold and physical resistance 10 (except adamantine) but unless it was with an adamantine weapon, no damage would apply to the critter. So a cone of cold for example wouldn't do any damage and a strike doing 26 dmg for example would also do no damage. I didn't take screen shots.. sorry
There's an issue with all the golem's immunity to magic. FG parses out "magic" from the immunity list and so any damage that is magic (cone of cold, for example) will be ignored as it assumes the creature is immune to magic.

I don't think we'll ever be able to fully automate the golem antimagic ability. But I'll look at the code to maybe trap the "see below" note and not add the immunity. I don't know if this will then break other creatures, I'll have to check...

Jacknight
February 4th, 2021, 17:33
Hello,

FG Unity version : Ultimate 4.0.9
Ruleset : Pathfinder 2E

Character creation issue :
- Ancestry : Gnome
- Heritage : Fey-touched Gnome
- Fey-touched Gnome feature 2

Description : when I drag-and-drop a cantrip spell from the Primal list to my character sheet in the Action tab (as the "Fey-touched Gnome feature 2" is supposed to provide) , I receive following error :

"Unable to determine level or class for new spell, please drop within a class."

The thing is that I already applied the Alchemist class to my character and he is level 1.

The system seems unable to handle this specific situation where the character-class is not a spell user but the Heritage should provide this spell however.

Thanks for your advices.
Best Regards,

superteddy57
February 4th, 2021, 17:37
MOD: Moved to PF2E's bug report thread

Darkrite
February 4th, 2021, 17:56
Jacknight,

On the Actions page, You'll want to add the "spell class" for your alchemist by clicking the Edit List button on the bottom right, then the Add Spell Class button to open a new category. There you can create the Aclhemist category for your character to drop the spells into.

Make sure when setting up the spell class that you mark the ability to cast at least 1 cantrip.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2021, 18:17
Hello,

FG Unity version : Ultimate 4.0.9
Ruleset : Pathfinder 2E

Character creation issue :
- Ancestry : Gnome
- Heritage : Fey-touched Gnome
- Fey-touched Gnome feature 2

Description : when I drag-and-drop a cantrip spell from the Primal list to my character sheet in the Action tab (as the "Fey-touched Gnome feature 2" is supposed to provide) , I receive following error :

"Unable to determine level or class for new spell, please drop within a class."

The thing is that I already applied the Alchemist class to my character and he is level 1.

The system seems unable to handle this specific situation where the character-class is not a spell user but the Heritage should provide this spell however.

Thanks for your advices.
Best Regards,
As mentioned by Darkrite you need to setup the "spell class" manually on the actions tab. This is not currently automated, but it will be in an upcoming release.

The message referring to being unable to determine class is referring to a spell class - which are the top level holders on the actions tab for spells.

The chargen tracker is a good place to check for feedback on what's done automatically or what needs to be done manually. In this case the tracker would have indicated that all aspects of the Fey Touched gnome heritage currently need to be added manually, for example:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43466

EmptyOwl
February 5th, 2021, 04:23
Heyyas, another feature request, if you please ;-)

We love the token lock for the players, but would like it for the GM characters too, so the players could see the movement paths and respond with Attacks of Opportunity and the like.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2021, 05:45
The GM can use it by holding the Alt key while dragging tokens.

Regards,
JPG

EmptyOwl
February 5th, 2021, 07:35
The GM can use it by holding the Alt key while dragging tokens.

Regards,
JPG

Well ok then! NM!

Appreciate the response!

Milke
February 5th, 2021, 17:06
Dang. Someone beat me to it.

Jacknight
February 15th, 2021, 17:50
Thanks for the explanations !

malvok
February 17th, 2021, 14:42
The new change to FGU seems to have made the sidebar selection area with the default theme kind of hard to read. Maybe It's just my old eyes but the dark text on dark background is a little hard to make out.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2021, 15:18
The new change to FGU seems to have made the sidebar selection area with the default theme kind of hard to read. Maybe It's just my old eyes but the dark text on dark background is a little hard to make out.
Moved to the ruleset issue reporting thread.

Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.114.

lostsanityreturned
February 21st, 2021, 17:38
Items in a character's inventory don't update the "PC Items Total Value" section if they have a comma in them.

E.G.
"2,000 gp" won't add to the wealth total but "2000 gp" will.

mwfantasygrounds
February 26th, 2021, 20:37
In the PFRPG2 rule set, when I click the gear icon to open up Options, and click on the question mark (?) to learn what the Options do, it takes me to the 3.5/PFRPG wiki page for Campaign Options (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643248/) instead of the PFRPG2 one. It looks like there isn't a PFRPG2 Campaign Options section, so maybe that is why? The issue with that is the PFRPG2 Options don't match 100% what is in the 3.5/PFRPG Options, so it requires hunting around for other Rulesets which may have the same Option settings and guessing/hoping it is implemented the same in PFRPG2 :)

Trenloe
February 27th, 2021, 10:29
In the PFRPG2 rule set, when I click the gear icon to open up Options, and click on the question mark (?) to learn what the Options do, it takes me to the 3.5/PFRPG wiki page for Campaign Options (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643248/) instead of the PFRPG2 one. It looks like there isn't a PFRPG2 Campaign Options section, so maybe that is why? The issue with that is the PFRPG2 Options don't match 100% what is in the 3.5/PFRPG Options, so it requires hunting around for other Rulesets which may have the same Option settings and guessing/hoping it is implemented the same in PFRPG2 :)
Thanks for reporting. The Wiki needs a complete makeover. It's on the list as RS2.117.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2021, 10:32
Items in a character's inventory don't update the "PC Items Total Value" section if they have a comma in them.

E.G.
"2,000 gp" won't add to the wealth total but "2000 gp" will.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.116.

Animayor
March 13th, 2021, 00:43
Never mind I'm dumb and I don't know how to delete this post

malvok
March 21st, 2021, 18:30
Also, would it be possible to get wound and dying status on the combat tracker?

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2021, 19:14
Also, would it be possible to get wound and dying status on the combat tracker?
There's not really space to simply add the two fields, and their labels, into the CT as is. I plan to look at ways to indicate the levels when I work on automating the wounded/dying mechanics. But this won't be for a couple of releases yet.

kaernunnos
March 23rd, 2021, 14:18
What about changing the color? Red/yellow/green with grey crosshatch for dying and greyed out for dead? That way no new field is needed.

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2021, 15:14
I've moved the discussion to the ruleset thread, as this doesn't apply to the Core Rules module.

What about changing the color? Red/yellow/green with grey crosshatch for dying and greyed out for dead? That way no new field is needed.
I don't think that would really help. Knowing the exact wounded and dying numerical level is important for PF2.

I'll look into an efficient way of indicating the wounded and dying levels when I automate the functionality.

Weissrolf
April 12th, 2021, 23:31
Agents of Edgewatch #1 - Devil at the Dreaming Palace:

Tiny creatures have no size, not even size 1 or 0.5. This is a problem with extensions that rely on size.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2021, 06:03
Agents of Edgewatch #1 - Devil at the Dreaming Palace:

Tiny creatures have no size, not even size 1 or 0.5. This is a problem with extensions that rely on size.
Moved to the ruleset issue thread.

This is set in the ruleset not in any DLC. This is working as designed. Extension developers should cater for a size of 0 appropriately.

Weissrolf
April 13th, 2021, 09:16
So this is a general thing of the PF2 ruleset, not just the adventure. I understand. Even 0.1 would make life easier for extension developers easier, but it is what it is, for whatever reason. Thanks for the answer.

truthman
April 23rd, 2021, 02:12
I've been trying to find a way to implement Stamina using Temporary hit points. Overall, it works pretty well. I set a negative Misc modifier to the characters HP then add a matching number of Temp hit points. I then add a custom 1st level spell with X slots (for resolve points) to the PC that targets self and heals a fixed value of HP to Temp.

The only issue is that Heal to Temp just adds to what is there where I would like it not to exceed the amount in the heal, so I need to clear the Temp HP before using the heal. Is there a way to set Temp to a value rather than use Heal to add to them? I can't find any examples in the spells.

Thanks.

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2021, 06:35
The only issue is that Heal to Temp just adds to what is there where I would like it not to exceed the amount in the heal, so I need to clear the Temp HP before using the heal. Is there a way to set Temp to a value rather than use Heal to add to them?
Temp HP is currently coded to add to the current value. But, this isn't how temp HP usually works in PF2 - you only have temp HP from one source. I'll look into changing this in the next release - to basically have the temp HP "heal" action set the HP to the value of the heal, with the actor deciding if they want to keep any temp HP they already have, or apply the new temp HP.

truthman
April 23rd, 2021, 16:03
That would be great. Thanks.