PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Second Edition - PFRPG2 Ruleset - Status, issues and ongoing development

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Carog the Fat
October 1st, 2019, 06:44
Actualy elemental Sorceror gets an untyped damage bonus on thier focus spells it is weirdly worded to be: a target takes 1 damage per spell level. If The damage is bludgeoning or fire, according to your elemental type (see below). If the spell already deals that type of damage, combine it with the spell’s initial damage before determining weaknesses and resistances.

and I was trying to create an AC penalty indeed but it wouldnt work without a type. So yeah untype modifier is what I meant. i eventually added a focus spell to the creature card with an efffect of AC: -4, status because nothing else worked (at least in my test using monsters to attack each other)

Alex Craft
October 1st, 2019, 08:14
it works this way AC: -4 status / the effects needs to be applied on the PC/NPC in the CT for it to work
AC: -4, status doesn't

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 14:51
and I was trying to create an AC penalty indeed but it wouldnt work without a type.
Works fine for me - see the example of AC:-2 below.

If this doesn't work for you, please provide a screenshot showing the same info I do (whole chat window with ruleset and any extensions loaded - plus the attack, Combat Tracker showing the effects applied).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29221

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 14:53
Actualy elemental Sorceror gets an untyped damage bonus on thier focus spells...
Yeah, I think we may see that clarified in an errata as this goes against the details of damage bonuses (page 450 of the Core rules):

As with checks, you might add circumstance, status, or item bonuses to your damage rolls, but if you have multiple bonuses of the same type, you add only the highest bonus of that type. Again like checks, you may also apply circumstance, status, item, and untyped penalties to the damage roll, and again you apply only the greatest penalty of a specific type but apply all untyped penalties together.

jovekos
October 1st, 2019, 18:24
Fog of war.is missing..????? is it a glitch on my end or just not there yet. PS Trenloe hell of a job... thank you for all that you and your team does.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 18:28
Fog of war.is missing..????? is it a glitch on my end or just not there yet.
This isn't specific to the PFRPG2 ruleset. Masking of images is there as standard. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Masking

PS Trenloe hell of a job... thank you for all that you and your team does.
Thanks! :)

jovekos
October 1st, 2019, 18:58
mask icon is missing. in PF2...change over to 5e mask icon is present...that is left click map...layers icon...but no mask.... Tool bar mask is present but not active.

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 19:02
mask icon is missing. in PF2...change over to 5e mask icon is present...
Make sure you unlock the image to show the image toolbar.

If unlocking the image doesn't show the icon, please provide a screenshot of the issue. Thanks.

jovekos
October 1st, 2019, 19:25

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 19:29
Thanks for the screenshot - that helps a lot.

You're using the enhanced images extension. You can only mask on the bottom layer, no matter which ruleset you're using.

jovekos
October 1st, 2019, 20:08
well i be dammed..lol. thank for your time.

Willot
October 1st, 2019, 21:37
Armour & Weapons

EG: Way weapon works in pf2 (my understanding still learning it) Is it can have (for example) a +1 potency rune which gives it +1 to hit (not plus one to damage)
Currently putting a 1 in the bonus field of a weapon gives it +1 to hit BUT also gives +1 to damage.
To increase damage on a PF2 weapon it needs a striking rune and giving it a +1 striking rune doesn't increase damage by +1 but instead increasing the number of damage die

You may be aware I was just checking.
ATM we can just manually change items

I would think Weapons are gonna need two Bonus Fields

Potency Rune: +1
Striking Rune : +2

and Armours are gonna need two as well

Potency Rune: +3
Resilient Rune: +1

Trenloe
October 1st, 2019, 22:01
Currently putting a 1 in the bonus field of a weapon gives it +1 to hit BUT also gives +1 to damage.
Not in the test I just did. I created a basic +1 sword, dragged it to the PC inventory and the bonus is only added the attack.

I do, however, see an issue if the +1 weapon is added to the PC sheet unidentified and later identified. This will incorrectly add a +1 to damage - logged as RS2.055.

This is handled in the ruleset by adding the "striking" property before adding the weapon to the PC. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet I haven't added greater striking or major striking yet.

Armours are gonna need two as well

This is similar to weapons, but has not been implemented. There will be a "resilient", "greater resilient" and "major resilient" property in a future release.

Willot
October 1st, 2019, 22:28
I do, however, see an issue if the +1 weapon is added to the PC sheet unidentified and later identified. This will incorrectly add a +1 to damage - logged as RS2.055.

AH yes that's exactly what I was doing, turning on/off the ID and watching the Damage getting increased. So worked out in the end cool.

tamaraine
October 2nd, 2019, 14:08
I was wondering if there is a way to hide regeneration numbers from player? Just had a fight with a troll, and every round it announced the Regen 20 in the chat box to all. My options are set so players don't normally see what I roll, just the results. Could we have it so it just says Regen but hide the numbers?
Also, the weakness damage triggers even when no damage is received : the troll critical succeeded on a reflex roll against burning hand and still received the 10 dmg from weakness.
Finally, when the troll receives fire dmg, it writes in chat box that Regen is negated, but it will still Regen the next round. Is that supposed to be automated or does it just serve as a reminder and I need to cancel it manually?

Thanks for all the hard work, everything is amazing!

Blackfoot
October 9th, 2019, 18:02
A suggestion and an issue..
Perception - Since Perception is not a skill and there is already a place dedicated to it on the Main Tab... seems like the controls for perception could be moved there and it could be removed from the Skills Tab.
HP - HP don't seem to be linked in a way that causes them to update when level is changed manually.. if you wheel up and down on one of the values in HP it adjusts (a work around) but it should update when level is changed no?

Trenloe
October 9th, 2019, 18:22
Perception - Since Perception is not a skill and there is already a place dedicated to it on the Main Tab... seems like the controls for perception could be moved there and it could be removed from the Skills Tab.
I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception. Even though it's "not a skill" the mechanics from the check are essentially the same. So I don't want to completely re-program FG with a new "perception" action when the skill action is fine. But, yes, it should be moved away from the skills tab.

HP - HP don't seem to be linked in a way that causes them to update when level is changed manually.. if you wheel up and down on one of the values in HP it adjusts (a work around) but it should update when level is changed no?
Yes, it should update. Logged as RS2.057. It does update after a reload.

Keep in mind that you really shouldn't change the level manually as this will miss a lot of the levelling automation that is tied to the drag/drop of a class.

Blackfoot
October 9th, 2019, 18:31
I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception. Even though it's "not a skill" the mechanics from the check are essentially the same. So I don't want to completely re-program FG with a new "perception" action when the skill action is fine. But, yes, it should be moved away from the skills tab.
My suggestion related to the fact that there is already a whole box on the Main Tab dedicated to Perception.. it seems like the whole thing could be handled there.. along with Initiative and HP.. all things that 'aren't skills' but are general every character sorts of things.

Keep in mind that you really shouldn't change the level manually as this will miss a lot of the leveling automation that is tied to the drag/drop of a class.
Understood, but honestly although very cool, I find the automated leveling kind of cumbersome for basic stuff that can be handled manually easily enough.. and I don't 100% trust it. Not trying to be negative about it at all.. it does a ton of cool stuff.

Trenloe
October 9th, 2019, 18:43
My suggestion related to the fact that there is already a whole box on the Main Tab dedicated to Perception.. it seems like the whole thing could be handled there.. along with Initiative and HP.. all things that 'aren't skills' but are general every character sorts of things.
Yes, I understand what your suggestion was. I was saying that there is underlying "stuff" that needs to be considered when removing something that essentially works like a skill in FG from the skills tab. Hence why I said "I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception.".

Trenloe
October 10th, 2019, 00:35
Use this extension as a temporary fix to the issue: RS2.058 "[string "hero"]:1: attempt to index a nil value" error when trying to use a hero point for a PC in a campaign that hadn't used the Hero Point extension

hawkwind
October 17th, 2019, 12:24
I'm have a little problem the CT. I have built a NPC, and i can roll to hit with his ranged attack and roll his damage yet when I load the npc in to a encounter and then on to the CT I can no longer roll damage from the CT. Weirdly the NPC has three ranged attacks and damage will only roll on lightning attack of them29430

any ideas?, is it a glitch or something obvious I'm ignoring?

Trenloe
October 17th, 2019, 14:45
I'm have a little problem the CT. I have built a NPC, and i can roll to hit with his ranged attack and roll his damage yet when I load the npc in to a encounter and then on to the CT I can no longer roll damage from the CT. Weirdly the NPC has three ranged attacks and damage will only roll on lightning attack of them29430

I can't open the image. Can you re-post the attachment please?

hawkwind
October 17th, 2019, 15:21

Trenloe
October 17th, 2019, 15:32

Weird, I can't recreate the issue.

Can you try the NPC in the attached module and see if that works OK?

Trenloe
October 17th, 2019, 15:35
Actually, I've just noticed this - try removing the space at the beginning of the first ranged attack line.

Trenloe
October 17th, 2019, 15:53
I've changed the NPC attack string regex in the ruleset slightly to account for any spaces at the beginning of the attack line. So this shouldn't be an issue in future releases. In the meantime just remove the space.

hawkwind
October 17th, 2019, 15:56
ah that works..thanks

ivell
October 19th, 2019, 11:49
Hmmm finally I am switching from Playtests to 2e. And now I have a question. Do 2e ruleset modules really still have PF Playtest icon? Because they do for me and I see no other module with rules. And they are also still called Pathfinder Playtest Rules/Bestiary/Supplemental Maps (for Doomsday Dawn). Is this correct?

EDIT: Just quick look at the Cleric class proves that I have something different from SRD:

"Ancestry and background, initial proficiencies, deity, divine spellcasting, divine font, doctrine"

while in FG I have: "Anathema, ancestry feat, background, channel energy, deity and domain, divine spellcasting, initial proficiencies".

Is it not provided yet and I should be playing Playtest still?

Trenloe
October 19th, 2019, 13:11
Hmmm finally I am switching from Playtests to 2e. And now I have a question. Do 2e ruleset modules really still have PF Playtest icon? Because they do for me and I see no other module with rules. And they are also still called Pathfinder Playtest Rules/Bestiary/Supplemental Maps (for Doomsday Dawn). Is this correct?

EDIT: Just quick look at the Cleric class proves that I have something different from SRD:

"Ancestry and background, initial proficiencies, deity, divine spellcasting, divine font, doctrine"

while in FG I have: "Anathema, ancestry feat, background, channel energy, deity and domain, divine spellcasting, initial proficiencies".

Is it not provided yet and I should be playing Playtest still?
You get the ruleset framework with FG. There is no SRD content. If it says "Playtest" in any modules then it *is* from the Playtest.

Get the PF2 Core Rules from the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO2101FG

See the first paragraph in the first post of this very thread for info.

ivell
October 19th, 2019, 14:01
Oh, I must have misunderstood posts from July saying that updating FG since August will remove Playtest and I won't be able to use it in favor of PF 2e. But if so... I will stick to Playtest then until SRD is provided or use it directly/enter by my own - I can always share it then :)

Thanks for the explanation then :)

yarnevk
October 20th, 2019, 21:56
'Roll PC initiatives' from combat tracker menu are flat d20 checks, they should be skill checks. Tested by adding +20 bonus to Perception Initiative, yet it never rolls above 20 unless rolling initiative from the character sheet.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2019, 22:25
'Roll PC initiatives' from combat tracker menu are flat d20 checks, they should be skill checks. Tested by adding +20 bonus to Perception Initiative, yet it never rolls above 20 unless rolling initiative from the character sheet.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.064. Fixed in next release.

Trenloe
October 21st, 2019, 01:44
Armour & Weapons

EG: Way weapon works in pf2 (my understanding still learning it) Is it can have (for example) a +1 potency rune which gives it +1 to hit (not plus one to damage)
To increase damage on a PF2 weapon it needs a striking rune and giving it a +1 striking rune doesn't increase damage by +1 but instead increasing the number of damage die

You may be aware I was just checking.
ATM we can just manually change items

and Armours are gonna need two as well

Release 8, hopefully out on Tuesday, will add striking runes extra damage dice and work correctly for potency runes with ID'd and non-ID'd weapons.

I've updated the item wiki to cover some things that will be available with release 8: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet#PFRPG2_Item_Sheet

UltimateGM
October 27th, 2019, 05:00
Vital beacon is setup to do damage in the ruleset but it should be setup to heal 4d10, 4d8, 4d6, and 4d4.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2019, 05:14
Vital beacon is setup to do damage in the ruleset but it should be setup to heal 4d10, 4d8, 4d6, and 4d4.
Thanks for reporting.

All of these effects are parsed out off the text in the spell description. That's going to be a hard one to parse correctly - as the wording only mentions "restores" before the first 4d10, then the rest are just "4d8 hit points", "4d6 hit points", etc. which are worded much more like damage spells. Logged as RS2.067 but I don't know if this will ever get 100% heal action parsing.

UltimateGM
November 1st, 2019, 16:55
Ok makes sense. Seems like it would be a lot of work with minimal payoff in respect to coding.

ShadeRaven
November 4th, 2019, 18:29
Hey Tren: In setting up some Spell Action -> Effects for Aura, I noticed that the ALIGN() operator for IFT and IF functions isn't working. Example - IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMG: 1 good. It works for SIZE(), TYPE(), etc., but not for ALIGN(). I even tried to see if CE would return true against a creature with the CE trait, but that didn't work either.

I did notice that if I set the conditional to TYPE and used the exact alignment (in this case, CE), it would work (IFT: TYPE (CE); DMG: 1 good).

Willot
November 5th, 2019, 20:49
There is a small issue with Bulk totals in the inventory

Trenloe
November 5th, 2019, 21:30
There is a small issue with Bulk totals in the inventory
This is working as intended - the "Str Bon. Adj" field is to further change the base STR bonus as it applies to encumbrance. It is not linked to, nor is it adjusting, the base STR bonus. This is basically a catch all to change the encumbrance bonus/penalty, I'll change the label to "Bulk Adj." to (hopefully) make it less confusing.

Willot
November 6th, 2019, 05:33
I did consider this was the case, but I could achieve same thing by using the MOD field to the strength ability. So though it might be an error but I can see where your coming from, (Perhaps your using a PC as a pack Mule?)

Trenloe
November 6th, 2019, 14:45
... but I could achieve same thing by using the MOD field to the strength ability.
That would apply the modifier to everything strength based - melee attacks, damage, etc.. As I said in my previous post: "the 'Str Bon. Adj' field is to further change the base STR bonus as it applies to encumbrance. It is not linked to, nor is it adjusting, the base STR bonus."

ShadeRaven
November 7th, 2019, 20:19
HEAL doesn't seem to be working in the Effects section:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29990

Oddly, it's showing there *is* an effect associated with the action, it's just not applying the numeric value to the heal itself.

UltimateGM
November 7th, 2019, 20:54
You need the fheal effect if your trying to heal 2 over every round? I'm confused on the question.

Look here for a list of effects and syntax fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects (http://fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects)

madman
November 7th, 2019, 22:44
It should add 2 extra healing (Total of 8). Its not for FHEAL.

ShadeRaven
November 8th, 2019, 00:06
What Madman said. There are a few powers that augment that actual effectiveness of individual heals. The structure is all in there, but for some reason here in PF2 (atm), the numeric associated with the effect isn't being applied.

Another small issue, this one dealing with format and field size:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29994

Charming Words has the traits of UNCOMMON AUDITORY ENCHANTMENT INCAPACITATION LINGUISTIC MENTAL WIZARD. Because it wraps around to a second line, due to length, the last two entries (Mental and Wizard) are on a second line in the spells section of the CRB and are falling out of the Traits field and into the Effects text box.

madman
November 8th, 2019, 00:35
try adding a type, then HEAL seems to work.
Angelic Halo; HEAL: 2 status

ShadeRaven
November 8th, 2019, 00:44
mad! I have no idea why that thought didn't cross my mind! That's great. Certainly a viable work around!

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 00:54
HEAL doesn't seem to be working in the Effects section:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29990

Oddly, it's showing there *is* an effect associated with the action, it's just not applying the numeric value to the heal itself.
Thanks for reporting, this is already covered under issue RS2.052.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 00:54
Another small issue, this one dealing with format and field size:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29994

Charming Words has the traits of UNCOMMON AUDITORY ENCHANTMENT INCAPACITATION LINGUISTIC MENTAL WIZARD. Because it wraps around to a second line, due to length, the last two entries (Mental and Wizard) are on a second line in the spells section of the CRB and are falling out of the Traits field and into the Effects text box.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue CR2.058. Fixed in next release.

Blackfoot
November 8th, 2019, 05:11
Suggestion
Certain abilities alter the penalties that are applied to the 2nd and 3rd attack in a round (like Ranger Hunt Prey/Flurry for example). It would be nice if there was an effect like:
ATK1: 1, ATK2: 1, and ATK3: 1
That would alter those rolls but not the others .. they could be used with conditional effects to make abilities like the one above work really well.

Trenloe
November 8th, 2019, 05:35
Suggestion
Certain abilities alter the penalties that are applied to the 2nd and 3rd attack in a round (like Ranger Hunt Prey/Flurry for example). It would be nice if there was an effect like:
ATK1: 1, ATK2: 1, and ATK3: 1
That would alter those rolls but not the others .. they could be used with conditional effects to make abilities like the one above work really well.
It’s something I’ve been toying with a number of ideas about changing MAP (Multi Attack Penalty). Haven’t made a firm decision yet.

Pepor
November 9th, 2019, 13:07
I have noticed that in the "Party Sheet XP tab", XP-points are not awarded if you create a new entry both for Encounters and Quests, only if you drag and drop a pregenerated one. I don't know whether this has been reported before. See the animated-gif

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30021&d=1573304845

Blackfoot
November 9th, 2019, 13:18
I have noticed that in the "Party Sheet XP tab", XP-points are not awarded if you create a new entry both for Encounters and Quests, only if you drag and drop a pregenerated one. I don't know whether this has been reported before. See the animated-gif
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30021&d=1573304845
30021My guess, based on your animated Gif.. is that you aren't clicking out of the box after updating the XP value... so it isn't registering the value as a value when you click the award button. Try clicking out of the box somewhere and THEN clicking the award button.

Pepor
November 9th, 2019, 13:23
My guess, based on your animated Gif.. is that you aren't clicking out of the box after updating the XP value... so it isn't registering the value as a value when you click the award button. Try clicking out of the box somewhere and THEN clicking the award button.

You are right, that was it! Thanks! That is something from basic Fantasy Grounds school :p

ShadeRaven
November 12th, 2019, 16:40
I think for consistency, it would be nice if the condition CONC also worked as Concealed. It just seems a little odd that while all other conditions (e.g. Confused, Fascinated, Hidden, Stupefied, Undetected) are all labeled in obvious forms, full words, that concealed is given an abbreviated version that's not automatically obvious as to its use.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2019, 16:45
I think for consistency, it would be nice if the condition CONC also worked as Concealed. It just seems a little odd that while all other conditions (e.g. Confused, Fascinated, Hidden, Stupefied, Undetected) are all labeled in obvious forms, full words, that concealed is given an abbreviated version that's not automatically obvious as to its use.
Maybe. It's there for consistency with previous versions - and everyone who's already written effects with this.

ShadeRaven
November 12th, 2019, 19:10
Maybe. It's there for consistency with previous versions - and everyone who's already written effects with this.

Yeah. It would have to be in addition rather than a replacement. I was updating some of my stuff when I ran across a power that granted Concealed and thought... hrm.. that's a little odd.. when everything else works off the full wording.

ShadeRaven
November 15th, 2019, 05:23
For Armor with the Flexible Trait, characters who are getting the skill check penalty for not hitting the Strength threshold are getting the Skill Check Penalty to Acrobatics and Athletics checks like other non-flexible armor. Those two skills should get no check penalty due to armor if it's traited Flexible.

CRB, pg 279

Flexible: The armor is flexible enough that it doesnít hinder most actions. You donít apply its check penalty to Acrobatics or Athletics checks.

kaernunnos
November 15th, 2019, 09:37
Not sure if it's an Age of Ashes thing or a base ruleset, but we were having the undead trait give immunity to crits in our game tonight.

kaernunnos
November 15th, 2019, 14:13
Actually it's not the traits. Removed the Undead and Skeleton traits and it's still happening, so not the traits. After some more testing, I believe the resistance is being doubled on crits. Changed the monster to have RESIST: 1 piercing, and a damage roll of 2d6+2 that rolled a 4 and 2 did 6 damage instead of 7 expected. And this was a custom monster for testing. Also tried a striking weapon crit, and the resistance is twice what was expected, but not 4x (i.e. does not match the number of die rolled as I had thought before my edit)

kaernunnos
November 15th, 2019, 14:30
And now I see this has been reported already, I was just looking at the wrong issue tracker sheet... oops.

ShadeRaven
November 15th, 2019, 19:52
About Reactions: I am guessing this might be a legacy process, so it's functionality really isn't there, but there's a couple of things on this I wanted to add to the Down-the-Road List.

For starters, for creatures and players alike, the "Reaction" check-box on the CT doesn't reset at the start of a turn. I am not sure how many people use this, but as it's there, it might be nice to have it reset at the start of each actor's turn if it is checked.

So in working on the Fighter supplement in the Drag-n-Drop module, I am seeing many more options to increase the size of the Reaction pool. They are specific to certain abilities, so an extra AoO or Shield Block per round for example, but it does mean that having some function to keep track of what's been used will eventually be a boon. I know that in complicated or long combat, my players often struggle to remember which powers have been used for that round.

A crude way to do this is to simple set up a Reaction Spell Tab and let players click and unclick from round to round as reminders, but that's pretty clumsy. Another option is to set up an Effect that has a 1-round duration, so it might look like EFFECT: [SELF] Quick Shield Block (Used) that lasts 1 round. Problem there, it lasts to the start of the round for the triggering enemy's turn. Would need to manually remove the EFFECT each turn.

How have people been handling this (or maybe few, if any, have had to worry about it yet)? Simple old-fashioned memory or note jotting? A better FG technique than I have thought of?

Trenloe: Is some sort of automated approach to at least tracking Reactions use per round been given? Can the check-marked circle be fixed easily? Can it be expanded for additional uses? (Is that part of the CORE?)

UltimateGM
November 15th, 2019, 23:29
I haven't really used the reaction check box simply because it's something I have to uncheck. But I really like your suggestions as well as the extra reaction check box.

Swifty0x0
November 16th, 2019, 22:23
I noticed in your future features list a plan for spells that attack versus a DC (not AC as attack spells do). Would that be for automating damage for cases such as the DAZE spell which targets a creature and does mental damage (but spell is not tagged with the attack trait), or ELECTRIC ARC which targets 1 or 2 creatures and does damage (but again is not tagged with the attack trait)?

Trenloe
November 17th, 2019, 04:07
I noticed in your future features list a plan for spells that attack versus a DC (not AC as attack spells do). Would that be for automating damage for cases such as the DAZE spell which targets a creature and does mental damage (but spell is not tagged with the attack trait), or ELECTRIC ARC which targets 1 or 2 creatures and does damage (but again is not tagged with the attack trait)?
Both of the examples you give (Daze and Electric Arc) can be completely handled in the FG action interface now - the saving throw action and then a damage action.

ShadeRaven
November 17th, 2019, 05:09
For Full Plate (or any armor that would have a Dex Cap of +0), it sees the empty (0) field as meaning there's no DEX Cap... so Full Plate is getting the AC bonus plus any applicable DEX bonus.

DMReckless
November 17th, 2019, 18:47
It seems for the last few weeks Critical Hits have been doing nothing at all. If you click the Critical Modifier you can get the "Roll all dice" version, but just rolling a crit no longer launches the crit dice on its own like it used to.

UltimateGM
November 17th, 2019, 19:24
It seems for the last few weeks Critical Hits have been doing nothing at all. If you click the Critical Modifier you can get the "Roll all dice" version, but just rolling a crit no longer launches the crit dice on its own like it used to.

Mine work fine on a critical success. Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success. Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit. Not sure if that's your issue.

Ampersandrew
November 17th, 2019, 20:27
Mine work fine on a critical success. Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success. Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit. Not sure if that's your issue.

This is not quite true. A 20 improves the degree of success by one step. If you need a 19 to hit at all, a 20 is still a critical even though you have only beaten the DC by 1. If on the other hand you need a 21 to hit, a 20 changes the miss into a hit.

A 1 does the opposite thing, it makes your degree of success one worse.

DMReckless
November 17th, 2019, 21:33
All that's true, but when I score a critical hit in combat against a target, it used to apply the effects of a critical automatically, and it no longer does.

EDIT: as usual, it was an extension causing the problem. Apparently, the multiattack in combat tracker ext bugs crits

UltimateGM
November 18th, 2019, 00:32
This is not quite true. A 20 improves the degree of success by one step. If you need a 19 to hit at all, a 20 is still a critical even though you have only beaten the DC by 1. If on the other hand you need a 21 to hit, a 20 changes the miss into a hit.

A 1 does the opposite thing, it makes your degree of success one worse.

I understand the degrees of success I was trying to explain that the roll might not have been within the parameters of what the program considers a critical. Seems it was an extension that was causing the problem.

Ampersandrew
November 18th, 2019, 12:18
Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success.

That really doesn't sound like you understand how degrees of success work. You do not need to make sure your (sic) 10+ above the DC.

If a 20 is enough to hit, then it's a critical hit.

Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit.

This is true, but doesn't tell the whole story. A 20 improves your success level. If you needed to roll 11–20 to hit, then a 20 on the die is a critical hit.

Only if you needed to roll a 21–29 on your d20 to hit is a 20 a normal hit.

thyrax
November 18th, 2019, 15:57
My party is fighting a Greater Barghest, and it has resistance to physical 10(except Magic). It is not counting there +1 weapons as magical to ignore the resist 10. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fig this. if it helps it is Ralldar 5.05.04. d3 Goblin-god's throne.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2019, 16:07
My party is fighting a Greater Barghest, and it has resistance to physical 10(except Magic). It is not counting there +1 weapons as magical to ignore the resist 10. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fig this. if it helps it is Ralldar 5.05.04. d3 Goblin-god's throne.
Make sure the weapon damage entry used has the magic damage type. Also ensure it's identified on the PC sheet.

yarnevk
November 18th, 2019, 16:30
magic or magical, seen it both ways

Swifty0x0
November 18th, 2019, 16:47
Both of the examples you give (Daze and Electric Arc) can be completely handled in the FG action interface now - the saving throw action and then a damage action.

I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included because those spells did not have a damage action. For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2019, 16:49
The problem is that magic and magical are used interchangeably throughout various PF2 monsters. But FG resistances etc. need to have a specific damage type - with magic and magical being two different damage types when it comes to matching damage entries for effects.

FG will auto add "magical" to the damage of a weapon entry in the actions tab which has a bonus above 0 when it's added to the PC's inventory. But this means that it will only match against resistances that have "magical" not "magic".

I'll need to investigate further and see if there's a reliable way to cover both of these. In the meantime, I'd recommend the GM seeing what damage type is parsed out for the creature's effects (probably "magic") and use that damage type for the magic weapon damage.

Note - the ruleset doesn't cater for something like Resistances physical 7 (except magical silver) - as it's not programmed to have full boolean exceptions across multiple exceptions.

Trenloe
November 18th, 2019, 16:52
I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included (future feature). For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.
FG tries to parse out the action entries based off the text in the spell. The spell record doesn't have these hard coded. I hope to improve this parsing over time, but it will never be 100% accurate as Paizo don't use the same terms across spell descriptions.

ShadeRaven
November 18th, 2019, 18:18
I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included because those spells did not have a damage action. For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.

Swifty: I would like to point out that my Drag-n-Drop module includes Spells, Focus Spells, Rituals (as well as a myriad of other automated features) that will give you damage and effects for just about everything (similar to how my SR Bestiary gives that to creatures on the Spells Tab). It can be found here:

SR Drag and Drop Spell + Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50802-Pathfinder-2-Drag-and-Drop-Actions-Powers-and-Spells)

Beyond mine, Alex Craft also did an outstanding job in giving people an all inclusive Spell Effect module that can be found here:

Alex's Spell Effect Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51048-Pathfinder-2E-Spell-Effects)

If you want to save some time updating your own spells, these will give you spells that can be dropped on a character's sheet (just like the core ones) once you put the .mod file in the modules directory and open the appropriate file in the library within the game.

Enjoy!

JadeKraken
November 19th, 2019, 00:04
Is there a user guide/instruction manual for PF2 on FG? I've seen some videos, but for some things I just rather read a document.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2019, 00:56
Is there a user guide/instruction manual for PF2 on FG? I've seen some videos, but for some things I just rather read a document.
A lot of standard FG functionality will apply to PFRPG2 - for this you can use the User Guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf Which contains the contents of the Wiki User Guide.

For PFRPG2 specific things, the User Guide is still under development. See the PFRPG2 section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/User_Guides

Trenloe
November 19th, 2019, 03:34
For Full Plate (or any armor that would have a Dex Cap of +0), it sees the empty (0) field as meaning there's no DEX Cap... so Full Plate is getting the AC bonus plus any applicable DEX bonus.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.071.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2019, 03:36
For Armor with the Flexible Trait, characters who are getting the skill check penalty for not hitting the Strength threshold are getting the Skill Check Penalty to Acrobatics and Athletics checks like other non-flexible armor. Those two skills should get no check penalty due to armor if it's traited Flexible.

CRB, pg 279

Flexible: The armor is flexible enough that it doesnít hinder most actions. You donít apply its check penalty to Acrobatics or Athletics checks.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.072.

ShadeRaven
November 20th, 2019, 08:53
Slight Oddity: This might be a CORE thing, but I'll post here because I have only tested it out within PF2 ruleset.

So I was toying around with IFT for "marked" targets (specifically Hunt Prey for Rangers). I'd set a designation EFFECT on a target (Hunt Prey) and then set up an EFFECT on the character sheet that would check for the Custom Condition on the target.

So it looks something like this:
Flurry (second attack); IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); ATK: +2

A simple check to see if the target has been tagged (effect added) as Hunt Prey, if so, give the acting character a +2 attack bonus.

It works but, oddly, it doesn't show it in the chat box directly.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30371

The end result is correct (an attack roll of 20), but the reporting of the attack made it look like it was an 18 (had to look closely at the line below to see it applied the +2). This doesn't happen when the ATK bonus is added without IFT.

Kelrugem
November 20th, 2019, 09:33
Slight Oddity: This might be a CORE thing, but I'll post here because I have only tested it out within PF2 ruleset.

So I was toying around with IFT for "marked" targets (specifically Hunt Prey for Rangers). I'd set a designation EFFECT on a target (Hunt Prey) and then set up an EFFECT on the character sheet that would check for the Custom Condition on the target.

So it looks something like this:
Flurry (second attack); IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); ATK: +2

A simple check to see if the target has been tagged (effect added) as Hunt Prey, if so, give the acting character a +2 attack bonus.

It works but, oddly, it doesn't show it in the chat box directly.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30371

The end result is correct (an attack roll of 20), but the reporting of the attack made it look like it was an 18 (had to look closely at the line below to see it applied the +2). This doesn't happen when the ATK bonus is added without IFT.

Yes, this is normal, also in 3.5e/PF1 and other rulesets :) Target-specific modifiers are applied only when the roll is applied to the target. First the roll is made, independent of the target, so no effects which depends on the target, and then it is applied to the target which then accounts target-specific effects into the calculation :) This is especially important when e.g. your attack is made against multiple targets which may or may not allow that effect (thus, applying the ATK: 2 effect to the roll would then result that all targets are affected by that such that you may have to subtract the bonus otherwise when there is a target without Hunter Prey :) But, in that way, how FG is handling this, this is no problem :) ) At least this is how I understood this

ShadeRaven
November 20th, 2019, 14:08
Ah! That makes sense! I hadn't thought of the multiple target angle!

Milke
November 20th, 2019, 15:42
Hey, that's pretty good.
On your CUSTOM thing, how do you do that tag to mark them Hunt Prey? My party's ranger does the precision damage, but I'd like to try this myself for future characters.

ShadeRaven
November 20th, 2019, 15:46
Hey, that's pretty good.
On your CUSTOM thing, how do you do that tag to mark them Hunt Prey? My party's ranger does the precision damage, but I'd like to try this myself for future characters.

Milke: Head over to my (SR) Drag and Drop Actions, Powers, and Spells (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50802-Pathfinder-2-Drag-and-Drop-Actions-Powers-and-Spells&p=463952&viewfull=1#post463952) thread where I detail how I handle stuff like that. The link here will take you to where I have started to work on Rangers. I'll explain it there.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 16:21
You just apply an effect condition Hunt Prey to the target.

For full details of setting this up to be a button press on the actions tab of the PC see ShadeRaven's link above.

Milke
November 20th, 2019, 17:45
Okay, I'm getting it figured out. I just label someone Hunt Prey, and my party's ranger can click it every round to have it 1d8 precision on his first damage, then just click it again the following round. And if he switches targets, the 1d8 won't go off, because that target isn't labeled Hunt Prey.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 17:50
Okay, I'm getting it figured out. I just label someone Hunt Prey, and my party's ranger can click it every round to have it 1d8 precision on his first damage, then just click it again the following round. And if he switches targets, the 1d8 won't go off, because that target isn't labeled Hunt Prey.
Correct.

GMChair
November 20th, 2019, 21:00
Can you modify a weapon in someone's inventory to have a +1 potency and a striking rune and get it to update correctly? My PCs will have a weapon already, then transfer a rune to it, and then it seems like even though we're using the bonus/property fields correctly the weapons will not update like they should.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2019, 21:25
Can you modify a weapon in someone's inventory to have a +1 potency and a striking rune and get it to update correctly? My PCs will have a weapon already, then transfer a rune to it, and then it seems like even though we're using the bonus/property fields correctly the weapons will not update like they should.
Welcome to the FG forums.

striking rune properties are only automatically read when the weapon is first added to the PC. After that, the player will need to adjust the weapon entry in the actions tab as needed. For adding a striking rune, for example, open the damage details window and drag another dice of the same type to the damage dice field.

ShadeRaven
November 20th, 2019, 23:23
Welcome to the FG forums.

striking rune properties are only automatically read when the weapon is first added to the PC. After that, the player will need to adjust the weapon entry in the actions tab as needed. For adding a striking rune, for example, open the damage details window and drag another dice of the same type to the damage dice field.This works quite well.

The other option is to update the weapon outside of the character sheet (say by putting it into the Party Sheet Parcel Items) then re-adding it to the character's inventory. You'd have to go through and make sure things like proficiency is accurate thereafter, but it is a way to update a weapon at it's core, then use that update to populate the Actions Tab Weapons fields.

ShadeRaven
November 21st, 2019, 20:10
So in working on the Ranger Features, Feats, and Abilities automation, I came across a problem with Hazards/Traps as it relates to IFT and TYPE statements. Because traits on Hazards/Traps are listed in one continuous stream (e.g. Electric Latch Rune has the Traits: Electricity Evocation Magical Trap), the TYPE qualifier isn't working. I am guessing this means it would fail to trigger correctly for Evocation, Magical, etc.

I think for this to work correctly, they need to parse out with the comma (,) delimiter ensure it works like it does for checking traits on Creatures from the Bestiary or the TYPE search needs to work on whole-word matches regardless of delimiters.

In checking this, it appears to be a problem with Characters, too. A character who has the Dwarf Humanoid traits designation won't return a true condition against an IFT: TYPE (dwarf) statement. However, if I were to change that character's traits to Dwarf, Humanoid, it would then return true when looking for a Dwarf Type.

ShadeRaven
November 23rd, 2019, 17:56
So Milke, over in Drag n Drop, discovered something about REGEN that I tested out.

Troll's normal HP line isn't parsing out correctly when added to the CT. regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fire) is turning into REGEN: 20 acid or; which doesn't trigger correctly to acid damage (much less fire). If this gets fixed to do REGEN: 20 acid or fire; it'll work fine.

Except...

The actual effects line looks like REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire (with me fixing the fire part). Here's the issue. When someone does Acid or Fire damage to the target, it turns off the entire EFFECT line ... this means that having it parsed out to the CT with WEAK: 10 fire on the same line as REGEN will turn off WEAK:10 fire when it turns off (skips) a turn of regen.

Probably the easiest solution is to simply have REGEN (especially if it has a deactivation component) on a different line to any other possible effects (Immunities, Resists, etc etc) to avoid this.

Milke
November 24th, 2019, 07:07
Ohhhh. I see.
So, for now, would it be best for me to just go manually change the entries to 1) REGEN: 20 acid or fire 2) WEAK: 10 fire on separate lines?
I can see how that'd be a problem.

ShadeRaven
November 24th, 2019, 07:42
Ohhhh. I see.
So, for now, would it be best for me to just go manually change the entries to 1) REGEN: 20 acid or fire 2) WEAK: 10 fire on separate lines?
I can see how that'd be a problem.yep, that'll fix it until Tren patches that problem out in the future.

Trenloe
November 25th, 2019, 02:04
So Milke, over in Drag n Drop, discovered something about REGEN that I tested out.

Troll's normal HP line isn't parsing out correctly when added to the CT. regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fire) is turning into REGEN: 20 acid or; which doesn't trigger correctly to acid damage (much less fire). If this gets fixed to do REGEN: 20 acid or fire; it'll work fine.

Except...

The actual effects line looks like REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire (with me fixing the fire part). Here's the issue. When someone does Acid or Fire damage to the target, it turns off the entire EFFECT line ... this means that having it parsed out to the CT with WEAK: 10 fire on the same line as REGEN will turn off WEAK:10 fire when it turns off (skips) a turn of regen.

Probably the easiest solution is to simply have REGEN (especially if it has a deactivation component) on a different line to any other possible effects (Immunities, Resists, etc etc) to avoid this.
The parsing effect issue is caused by the Troll in the SRD Bestiary having a missing "r" in the HP Abilities line. It's currently set as: "regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fie)" can you spot the issue? ;)

If I correct this issue (add the "r"), and add the troll to the Combat Tracker it parses out the effect line as: REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire

Good spot on the effects after the REGEN getting ignored. Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in the next release.

Trenloe
November 25th, 2019, 02:46
"Concealed" added to release 11.

Trenloe
November 25th, 2019, 03:49
Weakness is not applied correctly on a critical hit.
See Core Rulebook Page 450 under Damage and Core Rulebook page 451 under Doubling and Halving Damage. I'll put the important parts here:

Page 450, Damage:
1. Roll the dice indicated by the weapon, unarmed attack, or spell, and apply the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties that apply to the result of the roll.
2. Determine the damage type.
3. Apply the targetís immunities, weaknesses, and resistances to the damage.
4. If any damage remains, reduce the targetís Hit Points by that amount.

Page 451, Double and Halving Damage (subsection of Step 1)
Sometimes youíll need to halve or double an amount of damage, such as when the outcome of your Strike is a critical hit, or when you succeed at a basic Reflex save against a spell. When this happens, you roll the damage normally, adding all the normal modifiers, bonuses, and penalties. Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate (rounding down if you halved it).

This means the doubling of damage is only valid to Step 1 in applying damage.

Current Effect in FG: Weakness is applied TWICE on a critical hit.
Expected outcome: Weakness is applied exactly ONCE on a critical hit.

The same applies to Resistances:
Currently: Applied TWICE
Expected: Applied ONCE

WEAK and RESIST effects need to be done at a different point in the calculation.
Thanks again for reporting this Curaidh.

I've revisited this issue now that I've had implemented the main conditions and effects. I have a fix for both the Weakness and Resistance doubling issue reported here and elsewhere. This will be in Release 11 - hopefully out on Tuesday this week.

ShadeRaven
November 25th, 2019, 21:50
The parsing effect issue is caused by the Troll in the SRD Bestiary having a missing "r" in the HP Abilities line. It's currently set as: "regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fie)" can you spot the issue? ;)

If I correct this issue (add the "r"), and add the troll to the Combat Tracker it parses out the effect line as: REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire

Good spot on the effects after the REGEN getting ignored. Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in the next release.-cough- "R"s ae oveated. The wold is a bette place without thei constant need fo use. Powe to the people!

Pepor
November 26th, 2019, 20:05
In the last Release Update for 26th November it appears: [Fixed] RS2.073 Minimum damage does 1 nonlethal

What does this mean exactly? I may be wrong, but in Pathfinder 2e there is no such nonlethal damage, only nonlethal attacks.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2019, 20:08
In the last Release Update for 26th November it appears: [Fixed] RS2.073 Minimum damage does 1 nonlethal

What does this mean exactly? I may be wrong, but in Pathfinder 2e there is no such nonlethal damage, only nonlethal attacks.
Issues listed with an issue number include a description of what the issue is. In this case, the issue was the the ruleset was assigning minimum damage as 1 nonlethal. Which, as you say, is not correct - hence why it was logged as an issue. This issue has now been fixed - indicated by the [FIXED] label.

Pepor
November 26th, 2019, 20:15
Ah, ok, I misunderstood the explanation. Thanks! Nice work! I love the way HIDDEN rolls a flat-check.

Swifty0x0
November 30th, 2019, 16:37
I had a case where heavy armor only applied a -5 move penalty (should be -10) to the character sheet, but when I checked the stats of the heavy armor it had the correct -10 move penalty. Not sure what could have messed up there.

Trenloe
November 30th, 2019, 21:11
I had a case where heavy armor only applied a -5 move penalty (should be -10) to the character sheet, but when I checked the stats of the heavy armor it had the correct -10 move penalty. Not sure what could have messed up there.
If you meet the minimum strength for the armor the speed penalty is reduced by -5. See page 274 of the core rules.

Ckorik
December 1st, 2019, 05:30
When adding damage to a spell - there is no way currently to add spellcasting ability modifier to that damage. I can set that via stat+bonus manually - but it would be nice to have the spellcasting mod as an option.

Same when looking at a monster - which can be automatically parsed as the DC-10 for any spells listed (as they don't explicitly call out proficiency or casting stat).

Trenloe
December 1st, 2019, 05:38
When adding damage to a spell - there is no way currently to add spellcasting ability modifier to that damage.
Use the "Mult x Stat(max)" button cycler to set the ability to add a multiple of that abilities modifier to the damage action. This is how you add the spellcasting ability modifier to a damage action. If that's not what you're referring to, please give more info.

Same when looking at a monster - which can be automatically parsed as the DC-10 for any spells listed (as they don't explicitly call out proficiency or casting stat).
Not sure what you're referring to here - can you expand on this please?

Ckorik
December 1st, 2019, 06:13
Use the "Mult x Stat(max)" button cycler to set the ability to add a multiple of that abilities modifier to the damage action. This is how you add the spellcasting ability modifier to a damage action. If that's not what you're referring to, please give more info.

Yeah - forget I said that - I'm apparently having a bad night and misread something horribly. I'm going to take the better part of valor and go get some sleep

MaxAstro
December 3rd, 2019, 16:24
It would be nice if there were a way to attach Effects to weapons like you can spells. Especially once you unlock Critical Specialization abilities, many weapons have special effects they apply on a crit; weapon runes are another common source of this.

Currently you can work around this by creating a "spell" for the weapon and attaching the crit effects there, but it would be nice to be able to attach them directly to the weapon. This would also allow for class features, such as Power Attack or Sneak Attack, to be directly attached to the weapons they are most commonly used with.

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2019, 17:37
It would be nice if there were a way to attach Effects to weapons like you can spells. Especially once you unlock Critical Specialization abilities, many weapons have special effects they apply on a crit; weapon runes are another common source of this.
There are plans down the road. See some information starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelKOZLCaeQ&t=688s I discuss this for abilities and items - which will include weapons and armor.

Xillion
December 5th, 2019, 03:42
There are plans down the road. See some information starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelKOZLCaeQ&t=688s I discuss this for abilities and items - which will include weapons and armor.

Hey Trenloe. What is the next big automation update and when do you expect it to release? Automated spell effects, actions, ect...

Trenloe
December 5th, 2019, 11:32
Hey Trenloe. What is the next big automation update and when do you expect it to release? Automated spell effects, actions, ect...
There's a lot of work going on in the background to catch up on DLC conversions (parsing tools, ruleset changes, etc.). All of my time is taken up with that, bug fixing, and adjustments to the PC sheets (e.g. auto applying of base class proficiency level for equipped armor and weapon actions, further improvements in the character generation process, etc..).

Willot
December 7th, 2019, 21:35
At some stage get the Core Rules Module Languages updated. For example in pathfinder giants speak Jotun not giant (as it is in FG)

Not a biggie, but annoying for the 10secs you cant workout why a language isnt autotranslating coz you forgot about the language name differences

:)

Trenloe
December 7th, 2019, 22:48
At some stage get the Core Rules Module Languages updated.
Yes sir!

;)

Willot
December 7th, 2019, 23:45
If you add an armor to a player inventory it seems to calculate the AC in the combat tab correctly REMOVE said armor and total AC is set to 10 rather than minus the AC of the armor

Trenloe
December 8th, 2019, 10:05
If you add an armor to a player inventory it seems to calculate the AC in the combat tab correctly REMOVE said armor and total AC is set to 10 rather than minus the AC of the armor
I can't recreate.

What other data was applied to AC before that is being removed/cancelled when you remove the armor? Are you deleting the armor from the inventory or unequipping it?

Could you provide some screenshots? Showing the "Armor Class" section of the "Combat" tab on the character sheet, before and after removing the armor. And any other information about the steps to reproduce. Thanks.

EDIT: I've seen an issue with the max dex bonus of 0 being applied when there's no armor and the armor modifiers enabled circle in the "Armor" section of the Inventory is checked. Is that checked? And if so, does removing it fix the issue for you?

Willot
December 8th, 2019, 11:19
Yeps thats it, when the armor is removed it doesnt untick the armor equipped so it applies a DEX penelty, when I remove the tick it adding in the DEX bonus again

Ive included the screenshots anyways but thats looks like it.
When Armor is removed from the inventory the tick should be unticked

Trenloe
December 8th, 2019, 11:31
Yeps thats it, when the armor is removed it doesnt untick the armor equipped so it applies a DEX penelty, when I remove the tick it adding in the DEX bonus again
Thanks for confirming.

Things have been complicated by Explorer's Clothing (which is in the Unarmored subcategory) having a Dex cap - so I can't just do a blanket "ignore armor stats" for Unarmored subtypes.

I'm currently re-working the armor equipping (and unequipping) code for auto application of defense proficiency and will include a fix for this too.

A Work in Progress:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30730

ShadeRaven
December 8th, 2019, 22:18
That looks outstanding!

Willot
December 9th, 2019, 04:26
Things have been complicated by Explorer's Clothing (which is in the Unarmored subcategory)

Sometimes I wonder if the game publisher's dont just put these rules in to make the people who make the VTTs lives harder; just to prove paper is still king LOL

Trenloe
December 9th, 2019, 08:52
At some stage get the Core Rules Module Languages updated. For example in pathfinder giants speak Jotun not giant (as it is in FG)
Looking this up - Jotun's been in the ruleset since the playtest. Can you give me details of where you see incorrect information please?

Willot
December 9th, 2019, 21:31
OK nevermind Alls good

Seems one of my PF2 modules Im using (and only this one) somehow had an old FR Languages EXT switched on

Thats what I get for not turning off all my extensions before reporting Sorry!

Gwaihir Scout
December 12th, 2019, 04:47
Here's a weird one for you.

Creatures weak to a damage type take the weakness damage even after they've critically succeeded their Reflex save.

Trenloe
December 12th, 2019, 09:18
Here's a weird one for you.

Creatures weak to a damage type take the weakness damage even after they've critically succeeded their Reflex save.

Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.077. Fixed in next release (12).

Swifty0x0
December 14th, 2019, 05:32
If a character ever obtains an immunity or resistance (or weakness) is there a way to add that to the character sheet and be functional?
NPCs have an immunity and resistance stat block, but shouldn't characters have those too (a good place might be the combat tab)?
Thanks.

stephan_
December 14th, 2019, 08:06
"Permanently" to the character sheet no, in the combat tracker until you completely clear it out yes (and even then players can re-add it with one ciick). Create an effect (make sure the duration is 0) with the right code. It should be IMMUNE/RESIST/VULN (+ type of damage). (In fact most of the PF1 effects (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects) should still work). For RESIST and VULN you'll also have to specify to how much damage. I believe it's a number before the damage type but can't double-check at the moment.

You can of course create those effects on the PC sheet (in fact I'd recommend it).

(The code in the NPC sheet is used to automatically create these effects as far as I know)..

Trenloe
December 14th, 2019, 08:57
(In fact most of the PF1 effects (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects) should still work).
Please don’t use the PF v1 effects wiki page. Use the PFRPG2 wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Effects

stephan_
December 14th, 2019, 20:20
Thanks, I keep forgetting that there is a PF2 wiki page (more used to SF which doesn't have one).

Willot
December 15th, 2019, 01:09
If a skill is created by a player it tags results in the chat as "Untrained" no matter what proficiency is selected. The actual modifier is correct though, it seems to be tied to the code not being able to find a corresponding skill to its link?

Remove genealogy from Lore Genealogy and it's happy again.

Trenloe
December 15th, 2019, 08:36
If a skill is created by a player it tags results in the chat as "Untrained" no matter what proficiency is selected. The actual modifier is correct though, it seems to be tied to the code not being able to find a corresponding skill to its link?

Remove genealogy from Lore Genealogy and it's happy again.
Add Lore skills using the blue "Lo" button.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30858

Or, if you do use the "Add custom skill" button, add a lore skill butting the specialty name in parentheses. Lore (Geneology) for example.

Willot
December 15th, 2019, 11:18
Ah thx

yarnevk
January 1st, 2020, 18:47
Adding wounded or dying conditions to combat tracker is not reflected back to the char sheet wounded and dying value

Updating char sheet wounded or dying condition value does not show up as a wounded dying condition in combat tracker.

Either make them update each other, or restrict usage to only one place.

darrenan
January 1st, 2020, 19:14
Perhaps wounded/dying shouldn't be conditions/effects at all? Maybe add new UI to the CT player window class to track wounded/dying condition? Totally off-the-cuff, un-thought-through suggestion. Neither condition has any game-mechanical effect so the effects were purely notational/record-keeping and manual anyway.

Trenloe
January 1st, 2020, 21:19
Regarding dying and wounded conditions.

The future development list (post #3) in this thread indicates any automation around this is still to be developed and the Effects Wiki for these conditions notes to currently handle them manually.

Currently having the options to manually track in two different places gives the players and GMs flexibility for something that is purely manual at this point. Use whichever one you prefer until the dying/wounded process is integrated into the ruleset.

theMaXX
January 2nd, 2020, 00:20
Regarding dying and wounded conditions.

The future development list (post #3) in this thread indicates any automation around this is still to be developed and the Effects Wiki for these conditions notes to currently handle them manually.

Currently having the options to manually track in two different places gives the players and GMs flexibility for something that is purely manual at this point. Use whichever one you prefer until the dying/wounded process is integrated into the ruleset.

Hello, Trenloe.
I'm really inclined to make Recovery checks in secret. Would it be too hard to code when the time comes?

theMaXX
January 2nd, 2020, 00:28
Also, i was trying to filter items by level, but could'nt find a way to do that. Am i missing something?

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2020, 00:28
Hello, Trenloe.
I'm really inclined to make Recovery checks in secret. Would it be too hard to code when the time comes?
You should be able to get the players to roll in the tower. When I implement the recovery checks, if it doesn't work in the tower please remind me! :)

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2020, 00:41
Also, i was trying to filter items by level, but could'nt find a way to do that. Am i missing something?
Nope. There's nothing in there to do that. If I was to add a filter to the Item campaign data list, would you be wanting to filter on a specific level, a maximum level or a minimum level?

theMaXX
January 2nd, 2020, 02:23
Nope. There's nothing in there to do that. If I was to add a filter to the Item campaign data list, would you be wanting to filter on a specific level, a maximum level or a minimum level?

Actually, i was looking for sorting items per level to build some random tables.... but filtering in any of those parameters would work as well...

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2020, 03:47
Actually, i was looking for sorting items per level to build some random tables.... but filtering in any of those parameters would work as well...
None of the standard lists have the ability to change the hard-coded sorting.

I'll look into adding some better level indicators to items (similar to the feats list) and also add some filters. I've added to post #3.

rickyhunt
January 11th, 2020, 15:17
Alignment damage does damage to everyone regardless of alignment. So a creature with 1d8 slashing plus 1d4 chaotic always does 1d8 + 1d4, even against a chaotic creature.

darrenan
January 11th, 2020, 15:50
alignment damage should only apply to creatures with the opposing alignment (see p.452)

kaernunnos
January 12th, 2020, 02:00
I tried getting around the above issue by applying the effect
IFT: ALIGN(lawful); DMG: 1d4 chaotic; and it works against players who haven't forgotten to put their alignment in, but not against monsters. I think this is because monster stat blocks don't have an alignment, just a trait for their alignment.

madman
January 12th, 2020, 04:55
Try IFT: TYPE(LG,LN,LE); DMG: 1d4 chaotic

It seems to work..

rickyhunt
January 12th, 2020, 20:46
alignment damage should only apply to creatures with the opposing alignment (see p.452)

Yes, I know, that's why I was reporting it as an issue.

rickyhunt
January 12th, 2020, 20:49
Try IFT: TYPE(LG,LN,LE); DMG: 1d4 chaotic

It seems to work..

I considered doing that, but what if not all of their attacks do chaotic damage or do differing amounts?

Ampersandrew
January 13th, 2020, 09:51
Yes, I know, that's why I was reporting it as an issue.

It seems darrenan and I both thought you were complaining that this wasn't happening.

Trenloe
January 13th, 2020, 16:10
Alignment damage does damage to everyone regardless of alignment. So a creature with 1d8 slashing plus 1d4 chaotic always does 1d8 + 1d4, even against a chaotic creature.
Thanks for reporting.

Thanks for providing the reference.

Logged as issue RS2.082.

yarnevk
January 21st, 2020, 06:19
Adding STR at 5th level to bring a rogue up from 8 STR (-1) to 10 STR (0), the leather armor is still applying the STR 10 check penalty of -1. Workaround deselected armor penalty.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2020, 09:46
Adding STR at 5th level to bring a rogue up from 8 STR (-1) to 10 STR (0), the leather armor is still applying the STR 10 check penalty of -1. Workaround deselected armor penalty.
Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.083.

Probably the best way to trigger a recalc, as a work around, is to cycle the equipped indicator for the armor in question.

kaernunnos
January 26th, 2020, 12:34
There is another upcoming instance of RS2.020, the Gods & Omens book adds the weapon trait Ranged Trip. Using the hyphenation workaround for now.

Trenloe
January 26th, 2020, 14:25
There is another upcoming instance of RS2.020, the Gods & Omens book adds the weapon trait Ranged Trip. Using the hyphenation workaround for now.
Thanks for the info and reminder. I noticed this also while doing some module development this weekend (on the Bestiary deros). Going to have to bite the bullet and convert everything to use commas, but still support comma-less traits lists for legacy data (probably do a one off conversion via the ruleset VersionManager).

amcog
March 18th, 2020, 15:54
Hey, I was trying to add the action icons for spells using [[R]] in the casting section but it just shows a blank. What am I doing wrong?32238

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 16:22
Hey, I was trying to add the action icons for spells using [[R]] in the casting section but it just shows a blank. What am I doing wrong?32238
FG Unity or FG Classic?

ronaldsf
March 18th, 2020, 17:24
I am in FG Classic, and I'm trying to add the Armor Proficiency general feat to a Sorcerer character, and I'm getting a pop-up window titled "Console (GM)" and this text:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:396: attempt to compare nil with number
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:396: attempt to compare nil with number

Then, in the character's Abilities tab, under Feats, there are 2 new items titled "Armor Proficiency" with the Level of 0. And the character's AC still reflects that he is not proficient in light armor.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 17:30
I am in FG Classic, and I'm trying to add the Armor Proficiency general feat to a Sorcerer character, and I'm getting a pop-up window titled "Console (GM)" and this text:

Then, in the character's Abilities tab, under Feats, there are 2 new items titled "Armor Proficiency" with the Level of 0. And the character's AC still reflects that he is not proficient in light armor.
Please export this PC to an XML file (use the blue down arrow button in the chargen tracker), ZIP it up and then attach that file to this thread so I can investigate further. Thanks.

ronaldsf
March 18th, 2020, 18:26
Please export this PC to an XML file (use the blue down arrow button in the chargen tracker), ZIP it up and then attach that file to this thread so I can investigate further. Thanks.

Here's the file. Thanks!

Trenloe
March 18th, 2020, 18:41
Here's the file. Thanks!
Thanks a lot for that. It helped a lot. I've logged this as issue RS2.084.

Work around is to cycle the "Light Armor" proficiency on the Combat tab completely around back to "Untrained" and then add the feat.

amcog
March 19th, 2020, 00:20
FG Unity or FG Classic?

Unity. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 00:25
Unity. Sorry, should have mentioned that.
The code replacement has not been implemented in FG Unity yet as that handles fonts differently and it needs to be specifically coded. It will be done (to some level).

amcog
March 19th, 2020, 00:26
Oh I see. Thank you for the swift reply.

sciencephile
March 19th, 2020, 00:52
If it helps, here are the direct codes you can enter in to FGU for the symbols:

1-Action:

ć

2-Actions:

Ź

3-Actions:

ź

Free Action:

Ā

Reaction:

Ě

This looks weird as the forum posting isn't showing the symbols correctly but I did verify that if you copy the appropriate square using CTRL+C and then paste it into the casting block using CTRL+V, it works.

Note that this works in the Abils text boxes of the NPC, as well.

amcog
March 19th, 2020, 00:53
Thank you!

ronaldsf
March 19th, 2020, 09:32
Feature Request -

It would be great if, as a GM, when I open a character sheet I can click the name and a dropdown menu appears, where I can pick a different member of the party.
If I'm in the Actions tab of Character #1, I can then easily jump to the Actions tab of Character #2.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 10:25
Feature Request -

It would be great if, as a GM, when I open a character sheet I can click the name and a dropdown menu appears, where I can pick a different member of the party.
If I'm in the Actions tab of Character #1, I can then easily jump to the Actions tab of Character #2.
Interesting idea.

This wouldn’t be in the PFRPG2 ruleset, this would be in the underlying CoreRPG ruleset. Please review and if not there already add to the FG wishlist: http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Nakedjustice
March 20th, 2020, 09:59
There is problem with how crits work in PF2e. Crits should just double your normal damage then add deadly dice. But how crits work rn is more like an optional rule if you have low amount of dices.

Edit: Nvm i found that it's already reported

Trenloe
March 20th, 2020, 10:24
There is problem with how crits work in PF2e. Crits should just double your normal damage then add deadly dice. But how crits work rn is more like an optional rule if you have low amount of dices...
Welcome to the FG Forums Nakedjustice!

Please refer to issue RS2.016 in the ruleset issue tracking spreadsheet - link in post #2 of this thread.

Nakedjustice
March 20th, 2020, 20:47
Yep, looked there before you've replied, thanks for answering though c:

TheSs7SsN
March 24th, 2020, 06:39
Perception is not a skill. This is an important distinction to make for any effects which apply to skill checks, but not Perception. Spells such as Guidance and Heroism distinctly call out Perception as a separate entity from skill checks, while effects such as Imperial Sorcerer's Blood Magic effect and spells such as Competitive Edge, Delusional Pride, and Diabolic Edict which affect skill checks should not affect Perception checks due to Perception's distinction from skill checks.

Willot
March 24th, 2020, 07:16
Yep Its not, It was just put in there as mechanically (as far as FGC is concerned) it works the same. It will probably be taken out from skills and given it own little area in a future update. Trenloe is aware

joelevan
March 25th, 2020, 07:02
Ditto!

Feature Request -

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 07:48
Ditto!

Welcome to the FG forums!

"Ditto" for my reply the first time the request was posted. See post #417 above. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=482119&viewfull=1#post482119)

kaernunnos
March 25th, 2020, 07:52
Ditto! It is a suggested feature, to increase visibility, upvote it. http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=132461

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 08:12
The code replacement has not been implemented in FG Unity yet as that handles fonts differently and it needs to be specifically coded. It will be done (to some level).
Action code replacement for replacement for FG Unity has been implemented in the next release (PF2 Release 14) which is currently in the Test channel.

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 09:26
Welcome to the FG forums TheSs7SsN!

Perception is not a skill. This is an important distinction to make for any effects which apply to skill checks, but not Perception. Spells such as Guidance and Heroism distinctly call out Perception as a separate entity from skill checks, while effects such as Imperial Sorcerer's Blood Magic effect and spells such as Competitive Edge, Delusional Pride, and Diabolic Edict which affect skill checks should not affect Perception checks due to Perception's distinction from skill checks.
What Willot mentions, this will be in a future update. It's been discussed before, but I haven't previously logged it as a specific issue with the ruleset. Logged as RS2.085 - for the next release (Release 14) I've added a PERC effect that only applies to perception checks, and the SKILL effect won't apply to perception checks.

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 11:15

This is fixed in the next release - release 14.

joelevan
March 25th, 2020, 15:22
Submitted and upvoted! Thanks!

"Ditto" for my reply the first time the request was posted. See post #417 above. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=482119&viewfull=1#post482119)

TheSs7SsN
April 10th, 2020, 06:36
Typo. The "Jotun" language is misspelled as "Jotan".

DinosaurBob
April 10th, 2020, 14:34
Apologies if this is asked and answered earlier, but I'm just joining the thread (having just obtained FGU)... and 43 pages is a lot to go through!...

Are there plans to include weapon proficiency capabilities in the foreseeable future? (specifically, applying proficiencies when calculating attack/to-hit bonuses... etc.)

Trenloe
April 10th, 2020, 14:38

Are there plans to include weapon proficiency capabilities in the foreseeable future? (specifically, applying proficiencies when calculating attack/to-hit bonuses... etc.)
The ability to assign a proficiency to an attack is built into the weapon entries in the actions tab. Click the magnifying glass to the right of each entry to open the weapon details and set the proficiency there.

At some point weapon proficiencies will be implemented similar to the armor proficiencies. They're a lot more complex than armor proficiencies...

Surge
April 10th, 2020, 16:41
Hi Trenloe,

I don't know if there is already an existing way - but if not - are there plans to be able to define effects on a critical roll? For example, on a critical roll, add 1d6 fire dmg? There are also weapon traits which result in various additional dice rolls on top of the usual x2 damage.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2020, 22:26
Critical specialization etc. will be available at some point. But not for a while yet.

Weapon traits are already taken into account. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/PFRPG2_Item_Sheet#Traits

You can use effects for extra damage not covered by traits.

Surge
April 11th, 2020, 02:33
Thank you for the information and the link.

Can effects be added to items (weapons), such that when they auto-create an action, the effect is in the action? If not, is it possible to add effects to Weapon actions? The only place I have worked out where to add an effect for a weapon is using the Combat Tracker (manually adding the necessary effect immediately before the roll, with an Expenditure set to Next Action. Is this right?

Thank you for all your help.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2020, 07:43
Can effects be added to items (weapons), such that when they auto-create an action, the effect is in the action? If not, is it possible to add effects to Weapon actions? The only place I have worked out where to add an effect for a weapon is using the Combat Tracker (manually adding the necessary effect immediately before the roll, with an Expenditure set to Next Action. Is this right?
Effects can't be attached to weapons. And, effects need to be active in the combat tracker for them to work.

You can create a new spell class in the action tab - but it won't be used for spells - call it abilities, weapons, or whatever you like. Add a new "spell" and name it after the action it relates to (e.g. the weapon name if it related to a weapon). Then right-click on the spell, select add action -> effect to add an effect entry. Then you can edit the effect entry - and click the effect icon to apply the effect in the CT.

Grivenger
April 12th, 2020, 23:05
Trenloe,

I'm running into some issues with the parser on FGU Pathfinder 2nd Edtion Release 13. From what I've read and understand, Release 14 should fix a few things that should make running Pathfinder 2nd in FGU a tad easier. It seems that Release 14 will take a bit longer and it made me wonder if it's worth continuing my campaign in the Test Channel to access that particular release. Otherwise, I'll stick to FG Classic for longer but I had hoped to be able to cancel the Classic subscription in April.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 13:00
Trenloe,

I'm running into some issues with the parser on FGU Pathfinder 2nd Edtion Release 13. From what I've read and understand, Release 14 should fix a few things that should make running Pathfinder 2nd in FGU a tad easier. It seems that Release 14 will take a bit longer and it made me wonder if it's worth continuing my campaign in the Test Channel to access that particular release. Otherwise, I'll stick to FG Classic for longer but I had hoped to be able to cancel the Classic subscription in April.
I'm hoping that release 14 will be out this week.

Grivenger
April 13th, 2020, 13:23

Thanks for the head's up. I appreciate the work you and others have poured in creating the ruleset. It seems incredibly complex.

Mogloth
April 13th, 2020, 19:43

I'm still new to this whole Fantasy Grounds thing. Are there ever patch notes for each release of a rules update? So we can see what changed and was updated and whatnot.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 19:47
I'm still new to this whole Fantasy Grounds thing. Are there ever patch notes for each release of a rules update? So we can see what changed and was updated and whatnot.
Yes. They're detailed, when released, in the City Hall forum. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?37-City-Hall

Mogloth
April 13th, 2020, 20:11
Cool. Thanks.

sciencephile
April 13th, 2020, 20:58
Welcome, Mogloth.

The patch notes for each week's release is posted in City Hall by lokiare (James Holloway). He posts the patch notes in a thread each week. Those notes are broken down by ruleset/module.

-Danny

sciencephile
April 13th, 2020, 20:59
I guess Trenloe beat me to it. Well, I guess that's what I get for not forcing a refresh of my browser...

TheSs7SsN
April 15th, 2020, 22:08
The GRANTCA effect is redundant; everything that this effect does, the Flat-footed effect already accomplishes.

This is less an actual report and more of a pipe dream request, but having the CA effect and targeting another creature with this effect currently does not trigger any "IFT: Flat-footed" effects the attacking creature has (like a sneak attack effect, for instance).

Trenloe
April 15th, 2020, 22:39
The GRANTCA effect is redundant; everything that this effect does, the Flat-footed effect already accomplishes.
Yes, in theory it is redundant, but it's left in for longer term users who may have that coded somewhere in their effects.

This is less an actual report and more of a pipe dream request, but having the CA effect and targeting another creature with this effect currently does not trigger any "IFT: Flat-footed" effects the attacking creature has (like a sneak attack effect, for instance).
Apply Flat-Footed to the target and then use effect targeting from that target back to the source - this will only apply Flat-footed when the target is attacked by the source actor. IFT: Flat-footed on the source actor will work.

Surge
April 16th, 2020, 01:18

I can't see how you would use the Flat-Footed condition to achieve everything the CA and GRANTCA does.

Both CA and GRANTCA require targets, which means one can be flat-footed against specific targets / specific targets be flat-footed against only them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Flat-footed condition apply a blanket bonus to everyone that is targeting the actor. This would make things like flanking very awkward, as flanking only provides the Flat-footed bonus to those who are actually doing the flanking. There are also a number of special features / feats which provide the bonus to only certain actors in certain conditions.

TheSs7SsN
April 16th, 2020, 21:21
I can't see how you would use the Flat-Footed condition to achieve everything GRANTCA does.

GRANTCA requires targets, which means one can be flat-footed against specific targets / specific targets be flat-footed against only them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Flat-footed condition apply a blanket bonus to everyone that is targeting the actor. This would make things like flanking very awkward, as flanking only provides the Flat-footed bonus to those who are actually doing the flanking. There are also a number of special features / feats which provide the bonus to only certain actors in certain conditions.

GRANTCA doesn't actually require a target, and if untargeted, the effect holder is treated as flat-footed against all attackers, meaning it does actually apply a blanket bonus under normal circumstances. Additionally, the flat-footed effect actually can be targeted, and if done so, only the creatures targeted by the flat-footed effect pay attention to the effect holder's -2 circumstance penalty to AC, so it doesn't have to be a blanket bonus.

Weissrolf
April 19th, 2020, 19:01
Heritages do not automatically apply their traits, like applying low-light vision for half-orc. I assume this is known, but better to report stuff than not to.

Trenloe
April 19th, 2020, 20:28
Heritages do not automatically apply their traits, like applying low-light vision for half-orc.
Correct. That's why the chargen tracker says, in big red letters: "Manually apply features of the selected heritage...". I'd recommend you pay close attention to the message in the chargen tracker - especially the ones that are in big red letters with "+++" at the beginning - that means you have to do something manually.

Weissrolf
April 20th, 2020, 09:17
Which we did, of course. We were mostly confused about not finding the sight traits (low-light vision, darkvision) in the trait list to drop & drag to the character sheet. So we had to manually add the traits to the Abilities tab and then had to manually add them again in the Perception entry of the Main tab (as in typing the words in). No big deal, just unexpected compared to the rest of the character creation mechanics.

Blackfoot
April 20th, 2020, 15:34
I'm pretty sure that these get added to the MAIN tab but not the ABILITIES tab. This is similar to how it works in the PF1 ruleset.

Trenloe
April 20th, 2020, 16:02
I'm pretty sure that these get added to the MAIN tab but not the ABILITIES tab.
Not for Heritages, only for the Ancestries. That's why... see post #450 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50246-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-PFRPG2-Ruleset-Status-issues-and-ongoing-development&p=498582&viewfull=1#post498582)!

Atreides Ghola
April 21st, 2020, 03:23
Hey folks,

So, I've looked through this thread, but I don't have time to delve deeply into 46 pages of information.

I've been getting this message in the chat box? Not sure of it's origin.

!!!Unable to set defense proficiencies - no armor proficiency data found

I'd love to know what the alert is for?

Is this the issue in RS2.084?

Willot
April 21st, 2020, 04:39
Hey folks,

So, I've looked through this thread, but I don't have time to delve deeply into 46 pages of information.

A little while ago Trenloe changed how the character sheet showed stuff (armor proficiencies) and a bit of code was written to convert old format characters. The old character doesn't have any proficiences listed or at least not in a format it understands.
the conversion has failed.

Trenloe
April 21st, 2020, 07:41
Hey folks,

See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53158-PFRPG2-Ruleset-and-Core-Rules-DLC-update-January-7th-2020

Specifically the second bullet point in post #1, and post #2.

If you’re still building your PC, particularly if you haven’t added a class yet, you can ignore the warning. If you’ve fully built your PC then you’ll need to manually set your defense proficiencies in the combat tab.

coriolis
April 22nd, 2020, 02:50
We've recently decided to use FGU for our weekly game of Pathfinder Second Edition. We're still getting the hang of the tool, but one thing we noticed is that FGU automatically adjusts damage rolls for critical hits -- which is awesome! However, it doubles the number of dice instead of doubling the base result. Is there a way to change it to its proper setting?

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 07:17
We've recently decided to use FGU for our weekly game of Pathfinder Second Edition. We're still getting the hang of the tool, but one thing we noticed is that FGU automatically adjusts damage rolls for critical hits -- which is awesome! However, it doubles the number of dice instead of doubling the base result. Is there a way to change it to its proper setting?
See RS2.016 in the issue tracking thread linked in post #2.

The way FG does it is not in an improper way. From the Core Rules: "The GM might allow you to roll the dice twice and double the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties instead of doubling the entire result, but this usually works best for single-target attacks or spells at low levels when you have a small number of damage dice to roll."

From this, we see that "roll one set of dice and double the result" is purely a convenience when playing with real dice - the game can slow down if a player had to find a lot of dice (especially at higher levels they have be roll 6 or more d8s, for example). In FG we don’t have this restriction.

lostsanityreturned
April 22nd, 2020, 08:32
See RS2.016 in the issue tracking thread linked in post #2.

The way FG does it is not in an improper way. From the Core Rules: "The GM might allow you to roll the dice twice and double the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties instead of doubling the entire result, but this usually works best for single-target attacks or spells at low levels when you have a small number of damage dice to roll."

From this, we see that "roll one set of dice and double the result" is purely a convenience when playing with real dice - the game can slow down if a player had to find a lot of dice (especially at higher levels they have be roll 6 or more d8s, for example). In FG we don’t have this restriction.
Kinda, but the damage curve is completely different with doubling damage vs doubling damage dice.

The game system is built around the balance concept of it doubling damage and there was a lot of effort put into the math expectations. While it certainly had its origins in making the system run faster it being core has had an impact on the math of the system and the variant was put in place as explicit permission for those who like rolling dice.

A good way of explaining this is with D4*2 vs 2d4 results

D4*2 has the following distribution
2 - 25%
4 - 25%
6 - 25%
8 - 25%

2d4 has the following distribution
2 6.25%
3 12.5%
4 18.75%
5 25%
6 18.75%
7 12.5%
8 6.25%

The minimums, averages and maximums stay the same. But the required rolls to reasonably hit minimums and maximums are increased dramatically. You are four times more likely to get a maximum or minimum roll with doubled damage than with doubled dice.

This is just with 2d4 though, the effect is more pronounced if you start rolling things like 5d6 or higher where it becomes 10 times less likely or greater.

I am not writing this to say that your personal preferences are wrong, more that it isn't just a matter of what is easy at a table vs VTT when it comes to making a variant rule core.

Matters little to me as it was easy to fix in an extension.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 08:45
I will be adding the option into the ruleset at some point. The thing to keep in mind is that neither way is the wrong way or the proper way - the rules I quote above are very clear on that.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 08:50
Matters little to me as it was easy to fix in an extension.
Have you shared that extension anywhere?

I’d be interested in seeing what you’ve done. It’s not just as simple as rolling the damage and doubling it - different damage types have to be handled as exceptions, some dice aren't doubled, etc..

lostsanityreturned
April 22nd, 2020, 09:09
Quick couple of things.

I watched the preview video to see if anything was added with the bestiary. From my testings in program.

- Abilities aren't automated like the video says (dragon's breath is an example where it doesn't automate DCs or damage) [about 15minutes into the video]

- Traits cannot be dragged onto NPCs like the video says (nothing happens, fresh or duplicated) [about 4 minutes into the video]

Not sure if this was miscommunication or if something was left out of the ruleset update that is coming soon, but figured it was worth mentioning in case you start receiving complaints from people who watched it :).

lostsanityreturned
April 22nd, 2020, 09:26
Have you shared that extension anywhere?

I’d be interested in seeing what you’ve done. It’s not just as simple as rolling the damage and doubling it - different damage types have to be handled as exceptions, some dice aren't doubled, etc..

Sure :), it will have to wait till I am back home (fifo) but you can see my nasty hacks -laughs-

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2020, 11:13
Quick couple of things.

I watched the preview video to see if anything was added with the bestiary. From my testings in program.

- Abilities aren't automated like the video says (dragon's breath is an example where it doesn't automate DCs or damage) [about 15minutes into the video]

- Traits cannot be dragged onto NPCs like the video says (nothing happens, fresh or duplicated) [about 4 minutes into the video]

Not sure if this was miscommunication or if something was left out of the ruleset update that is coming soon, but figured it was worth mentioning in case you start receiving complaints from people who watched it :).
Unfortunately it was miscommunication and a misunderstanding of how traits work in PF2.

We are working on ability automation - the framework is now there in the ruleset (hence the change in ability format) and ShadeRaven and I are getting the automation that's possible together. It's a big task so will take a while...

theMaXX
April 26th, 2020, 05:23
Unfortunately it was miscommunication and a misunderstanding of how traits work in PF2.

We are working on ability automation - the framework is now there in the ruleset (hence the change in ability format) and ShadeRaven and I are getting the automation that's possible together. It's a big task so will take a while...

Will ability automation be any different from the (SR) Bestiary? What should i expect of it?

tcrossbar
April 26th, 2020, 09:23
Will ability automation be any different from the (SR) Bestiary? What should i expect of it?

This is an excellent question! When I pick up the Bestiary should I just start dragging SR’s spell actions over per beasty, or will automation be more under the hood?

theMaXX
April 26th, 2020, 16:52
This is an excellent question! When I pick up the Bestiary should I just start dragging SR’s spell actions over per beasty, or will automation be more under the hood?

Exactly my point... i don't want to lose all that work if there's something better comming up.

Surge
April 29th, 2020, 14:21
Just realised I should have used this thread to capture issues with the Ruleset.

I made a thread on an issue a while ago, but it wasn't captured in the Google Docs sheet.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56451-Illegible-Level-Numbers-For-Spells-NPCs-Etc-in-Lists

tl;dr - the level numbers in the list of spells / NPCs / Feats / etc. almost impossible to read, as they are a white font on a white / light grey background.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33891&d=1587155557

Thanks.

Trenloe
April 29th, 2020, 15:19
Just realised I should have used this thread to capture issues with the Ruleset.

I made a thread on an issue a while ago, but it wasn't captured in the Google Docs sheet.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56451-Illegible-Level-Numbers-For-Spells-NPCs-Etc-in-Lists

tl;dr - the level numbers in the list of spells / NPCs / Feats / etc. almost impossible to read, as they are a white font on a white / light grey background.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33891&d=1587155557

Thanks.
Thanks for reporting and thanks for the reminder. Logged as RS2.091 and fixed in the next release.

MaxAstro
April 29th, 2020, 21:51
FWIW, my players like doubling the number of dice - seeing the giant cloud of dice rain down in chat is part of the appeal for them. :)

ShadeRaven
April 30th, 2020, 21:48

Exactly my point... i don't want to lose all that work if there's something better comming up.
We will definitely be attacking the automation here over time. It's really difficult to say how long this process will take, so my suggestion is to simply take what you need (from my Bestiary) for specific creatures you are using so you don't have to expend too much energy setting up a complete Bestiary with all of my spell-tab tools.

Eventually, the goal is to make my Bestiary obsolete for anyone who purchases the official one from the store.

Weissrolf
April 30th, 2020, 22:22
Does the "Attack: Fumble/Crit table" option do anything? Currently I am using the corresponding cards, but I would very much prefer to have this done automatically via FG.

I also noticed that the "CT: NPC hit points" option is not used for PF2, so it likely could be removed?

SirBayard
May 3rd, 2020, 19:15
Something I noticed when gaming last night, since PF2e rules on Critical Success is on a sliding scale, a Nat 20 on an attack roll isn't always a Critical Hit for double damage, but PF 2e ruleset still treats it as such. For example, last night someone decided to use their third attack (-10 MAP), and rolled a Nat 20. Their total result was a 16, and the monster's AC was a 19. By rolling a nat 20, they get 1 degree of success better, so instead of a miss, it's a hit(yay 20) but FG makes it an auto critical success and auto doubles damage on the next damage roll.

Not sure if its possible to really change that, I just had him roll damage untargeted then roll again a normal attack (since there's still the issue of rolling double dice instead of just doubling damage so couldn't just half it, and he had a deadly weapon so there were extra bonus die on there that I need to rework the effect on since I didn't realize DMG: xDx critical would double that bonus die as well, but that's my bad) Maybe there's already a way to turn a critical into a normal roll in FG under the modifiers section (I know there's a button making a normal roll to critical, and a button for halfing damage (but that doesn't work due to double dice not double roll), so not sure what a good solution is.

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2020, 19:37
Something I noticed when gaming last night, since PF2e rules on Critical Success is on a sliding scale, a Nat 20 on an attack roll isn't always a Critical Hit for double damage, but PF 2e ruleset still treats it as such. For example, last night someone decided to use their third attack (-10 MAP), and rolled a Nat 20. Their total result was a 16, and the monster's AC was a 19. By rolling a nat 20, they get 1 degree of success better, so instead of a miss, it's a hit(yay 20) but FG makes it an auto critical success and auto doubles damage on the next damage roll.

Not sure if its possible to really change that, I just had him roll damage untargeted then roll again a normal attack (since there's still the issue of rolling double dice instead of just doubling damage so couldn't just half it, and he had a deadly weapon so there were extra bonus die on there that I need to rework the effect on since I didn't realize DMG: xDx critical would double that bonus die as well, but that's my bad) Maybe there's already a way to turn a critical into a normal roll in FG under the modifiers section (I know there's a button making a normal roll to critical, and a button for halfing damage (but that doesn't work due to double dice not double roll), so not sure what a good solution is.
I can't recreate. The code definitely should check for that, but I'm not ruling out some edge case that isn't working.

Could you provide a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading your campaign - so I can see the versions of what's loaded.

Could you also recreate the issue please, and provide screenshots showing it occurring please? You can easily recreate it by using the manual dice entry window - turn on the campaign option "Dice: Manual Entry".

SirBayard
May 3rd, 2020, 19:49
Ah ha! It's a different issue, you are right, I was not able to recreate it, then I remembered he had his Hunt Prey and as a Ranger using his Flurry with a ATK: 4 effect (for a total of -6 not -10). It did not display the total as a 20, it still displayed the total as 16 but properly knew it was a critical hit because he got a 20 from the effect.

So, it did calculate on the backend properly, but it displayed the wrong total number which is why I thought it was doing it wrong.

SirBayard
May 3rd, 2020, 19:52
I was looking at the big number not the small number in the results line, because I am dumb, even after using FG for years and knowing that those added effects show on the final result not the larger rolled numbers...

theMaXX
May 6th, 2020, 02:44
Actually, i've noticed it a couple times. Some background calculations are not visible, and can be really confusing. Same exact thing happened to me with Hunt Prey.

Weissrolf
May 6th, 2020, 12:30
In our chat window the true result is shown right after the attack text:

"[ATTACK #2 (M)] Rapier [MOD:DEX] [20] -> [at Large Beast 12] [EFFECTS +2] [HIT]"

So while the dice result shows as 18 only, the number in square brackets includes that "[EFFECTS +2]" part in its sum (hunt prey flurry second attack).

rtrm
May 12th, 2020, 10:42
Apologies if this is been asked before, but could we get ability classes, similar to spell and focus classes? Able to track uses of abilities within ability classes (x uses / day, y use per hour, etc) would also be very useful.

Thanks, Roy

Trenloe
May 12th, 2020, 11:28
Apologies if this is been asked before, but could we get ability classes, similar to spell and focus classes? Able to track uses of abilities within ability classes (x uses / day, y use per hour, etc) would also be very useful.
You can do this now - just create a spell class and adjust the spells per level as necessary. Ignore the fact that it says "spells" and use it as a repository for abilities and actions.

Weissrolf
May 16th, 2020, 21:46
Two questions:

- Why are ":1" effects not applied with a round time of 1 (instead of 0)?

- Is it correct that effect (round) timers are not decreased when time changes happen to the general/calendar clock, but only when short/long rest is applied?

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 00:19
- Why are ":1" effects not applied with a round time of 1 (instead of 0)?
Because most conditions that have a value don't specifically last one round - the value is not a duration. Drained, Enfeebled, Sickened, Slowed to name but a few. The only one that reduces once a round is Frightened, and this is at the end of the turn, which FG doesn't currently support, but the next release will and Frightened is specifically coded in that release (v16).

- Is it correct that effect (round) timers are not decreased when time changes happen to the general/calendar clock, but only when short/long rest is applied?
Effects and their duration (in rounds only) are only tracked in the combat tracker. There is no integration between the generic calendar and the combat tracker.

MaxAstro
May 17th, 2020, 00:31
For Frightened, will there be a way to override the default behavior? I ask because there are several effects in the game that say something like "your Frightened value cannot decrease below 1 as long as..."

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 00:35
For Frightened, will there be a way to override the default behavior? I ask because there are several effects in the game that say something like "your Frightened value cannot decrease below 1 as long as..."
I was planning on catering for that in afflictions. Have you seen anything like that outside of an affliction stage?

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 01:13
Because most conditions that have a value don't specifically last one round - the value is not a duration.
Of course it is not and you are correct that mostly only Frightened has its value reduces every round. We currently handle this by manually fixing the duration and initiative values. I should have checked the other effects to see if their value corresponds to a duration like Frightened. Stunned is another contender that can have a clear duration. Drained could use some special rules like Frightened, because it very clearly ends after a long rest.

Effects and their duration (in rounds only) are only tracked in the combat tracker. There is no integration between the generic calendar and the combat tracker.
Thanks for the clarification. I will keep abusing the workaround via Clock Adjuster extension then.

rickyhunt
May 17th, 2020, 11:15
I was planning on catering for that in afflictions. Have you seen anything like that outside of an affliction stage?

Yes, Dirge of Doom bard spell. It applies a Frightened:1 that can't be removed for 1 round. I would say that if the Frightened condition has a duration, use that. If not, reduce it as normal automatically at the end of each turn.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 12:12
Yes, Dirge of Doom bard spell. It applies a Frightened:1 that can't be removed for 1 round.
Thanks for the pointer.

Actually Dirge of Doom is a bit more complex than that. Whereas the durarion is 1 round, the actual description of the spell is:

Foes within the area are frightened 1. They can’t reduce their frightened value below 1 while they remain in the area.

Just another one of those cases where a hard fast rule can be applied. But, yes, I see the need for frightened having a duration that would override the default of reducing the value by one at the end of the frightened creature's turn.

I would say that if the Frightened condition has a duration, use that. If not, reduce it as normal automatically at the end of each turn.
Yep, that's exactly what I'm going to do. :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35615

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 14:55
Ahoi. Two more questions:

- Are there any plans to automate ammunition, like marking 1 ammo used when the corresponding damage is rolled?

- Are the Wounded and Dying effects/conditions used for any kind of automation yet? They don't seem to get applied when someone hits 0 HP and I don't know if applying the effect manually has any consequence other than information?!

Thanks in advance! ;)

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 15:35
It would be nice if links could be dropped on the "Notes" section of a character sheet. This way players can save links to reference content as char specific notes, like a reference to the Religion chapter of the CRB for divine chars.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 16:47
- Are there any plans to automate ammunition, like marking 1 ammo used when the corresponding damage is rolled?
Perhaps. And if it was done it would probably be for each attack roll, not for each damage roll. Because, according to the PF2 errata, using ammunition destroys it.

- Are the Wounded and Dying effects/conditions used for any kind of automation yet?
Not yet.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 16:48
It would be nice if links could be dropped on the "Notes" section of a character sheet. This way players can save links to reference content as char specific notes, like a reference to the Religion chapter of the CRB for divine chars.
I'm going to redesign the notes tab. Using an approach similar to that used in Savage Worlds. And there would be some formatted text fields that allow links.

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 18:36
Makes sense to use the attack roll since Attack of Opportunity does not interrupt a ranged attack anyway (so the arrow is shot in any case). I did not look through all PF2 feats yet, is there any that shoots two arrows with a single attack?

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 18:46
did not look through all PF2 feats yet, is there any that shoots two arrows with a single attack?
No automation is ever going to cover every eventuality. The base rules are that ammunition is expended when it's shot. So, if I implement any auto ammo use, then that's what it will do. If there's any exceptions to that then players will have to adjust their ammo use as required.

Weissrolf
May 17th, 2020, 21:12
Absolutely.

SirBayard
May 17th, 2020, 22:07
I think release 15 broke Fantasy Grounds Unity action symbols. They aren't showing up anymore in character sheets or bestiary entries. I typed in the action symbol replacement command [[A]] and it auto replaces it with a space. Screenshot attached.

Trenloe
May 17th, 2020, 22:24
I think release 15 broke Fantasy Grounds Unity action symbols. They aren't showing up anymore in character sheets or bestiary entries. I typed in the action symbol replacement command [[A]] and it auto replaces it with a space. Screenshot attached.

It was the FGU update. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57902-Pathfinder-2-action-icons-missing-from-all-descriptions

SirBayard
May 17th, 2020, 22:26
Ah see, that's what I get for only searching through this thread and not other threads, ha. At least it's being track, thanks.

v3rlon
May 22nd, 2020, 15:54
Are the mutliclass Archetype feats not included yet (FGU, PF2, Core Rulebook purchased, running on a Mac) or am I just missing them? Purchased /downloaded FGU and the Core book yesterday, so everything should be up to date.

Surge
May 22nd, 2020, 18:34
Just had a look, and they are definitely in there.

https://i.imgur.com/XeoJVjb.png

v3rlon
May 22nd, 2020, 18:42
Thanks, that helped me find it. Learning PF2 and FGU at the same time is proving a bit challenging.