PDA

View Full Version : Little questions from France

Fyndel
July 31st, 2019, 17:03
I there !!
First, sorry in advance if my english is bad, it's not my natal langag and you know the "quality" of the school in english leaching in France ^^" so, sorry !!

Then, I have question about FGU, specially with ruleset.
Did the older ones (even the custom) will be compatible ? I mean, the FG3 version can be used in FGU ?
And, about the ruleset, it's be the same way to create them ? With the FG engine ? Or it will be easer for thoses like me who create and wrote systems every day but who don't have any competence/experience/time to learn and write the FG codes ?

Thanks in advance for respond and read my post :D
And sorry again for my bad english ^^"

Trenloe
July 31st, 2019, 17:11
Welcome to the FG forums Fyndel.

Did the older ones (even the custom) will be compatible ? I mean, the FG3 version can be used in FGU ?
Yes. This was one of the main goals in writing FGU.

And, about the ruleset, it's be the same way to create them ? With the FG engine ?
Yes. Use XML and LUA just like you do now.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2019, 17:45
I think Trenloe might be missing a small part. Moon Wizard has said that the image controls are changing in FGU and that might impact existing rulesets. All of the official rulesets will be updated to work with FGU, but community rulesets may need to be updated if they use any existing image controls (if all their image controls are inherited from official rulesets then I think they will be ok).

Fyndel
July 31st, 2019, 19:42
Okay thanks guys for your respond ^^