PDA

View Full Version : New 5e Homebrew Campaign UK Timezone

Valaria
July 30th, 2019, 14:17
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons

Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Tuesday or Wednesday (To be decided) 7.00pm GMT untill 11.00pm at the latest.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord or Teamspeak
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 (Don't expect combat every session)
Number of Players needed: seeking 4-5 players
Character starting level & equipment: Lvl 1 and basic equipment
Character restrictions: A few due to the homebrew world but can be discussed at session 0.

Details of Campaign:
Homebrew high fantasy world. The joy is the exploration of somewhere new. The characters will start at level 1 and should bring to the group a backstory which can be used to inform future quests and plots. Backstories will be discussed and agreed before play starts.

What I'd like from my players:
1. Commitment to attend when session times are agreed with the whole party.
2. Maturity but also fun. Lets not be overly serious.
3. No overbearing rules lawyering, It's about story not rules.

About me:
I've been playing and dming D&D since the late 1980s when I was a teenager. I have been using fantasy grounds for a few years now but have never played with strangers before. Although I hope we won't be strangers for long. I like to roleplay and create stories but I fundamentally want to have fun. I'm looking for like minded, mature people to start a new homebrew campaign. I'm a reasonably competent fantasy grounds user and more than willing to help people learn the ropes, so don't worry if you are new to fantasy grounds. If you are new to d&d, that's fine too. I have a strong regional accent so be prepared for that if you want to join the campaign :P

PM me with a little about yourself and what you'd like to play if interested.

Carog the Fat
July 31st, 2019, 04:31
Hi this sounds fun I too have been playing since the 80s and a story driven plot where character interaction means as much or more than combat would be fun.
What i like from my gms
1 commitment to finsh the story
2 maturity but fun loving
3 consistant rules(i had one gm change rules half way through a round of combat to block me) and honesty(if there is a problem discuss it like adults and decide what to do, I am too old to piss about)

PS. to clarify 3 a barb charged into combat, activated rage, and drew his weapon and attacked(move, bonus and action) on my turn suddenly drawing a weapon was a bonus action stopping me from activating defensive stance as a monk, this kind of rule change mid combat isnt right, such a fundamental change should be informed before a session. To clarify I am not against home brew just changes withoout notice.

To futher clarify I think a GM can run any rules they want but a player has to choose to accept those rules, not have them changed every session, this is different from ruling on an unusual situation or action, like if a player is trying to jump and swing from rope and attack someone then the gm chooses and it varies each time depending on circumstances