PDA

View Full Version : SFS #2-02: Waking the Past SAT August 3rd @ 5.30 PM GMT

stephan_
July 28th, 2019, 23:34
Tier 3-6, subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–6.

Summoned to investigate a new, exciting find near a frontier AbadarCorp colony, a group of Starfinder Society agents finds themselves exploring deep below the surface to inspect a recently uncovered set of ruins. However, they're not alone. The PCs soon discover not only that something is waking up, but also that there are some secrets best left undisturbed.

Written by Tom Philips

Scenario Tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3557), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

Talen
July 29th, 2019, 00:04
I'm in. I have a few to pick from depending on groups preference

stephan_
July 29th, 2019, 11:14
Great to have you!

aellongm
July 29th, 2019, 13:51
i would love to join if possible. I've applied on the calendar with my Envoy

Malkavian_Andi
July 29th, 2019, 15:47
I'm in, too. Will have to look through my characters and see which one fits both the scenario and the rest of the group.

stephan_
July 29th, 2019, 16:41
Alright, looks like we have a legal table then.

duhwoo
July 29th, 2019, 19:04
Otto is my only option: since there's no starship combat on this one, he'll just *talk* about starship combat whenever he can...

Talen
July 30th, 2019, 04:04
Twixx - Lvl 6 Ysoki Operative Outlaw.
So this character got here largely thru GM credits and I need to purchase some gear - anyone have any recommendations?

stephan_
July 30th, 2019, 12:19
Considering I haven't actually built a character above level 1 I might be the wrong person to answert this one...

With operatives the base damage of the weapon is however less important in general, so don't skimp out on armor.

Apart from that, lower SFS scenarios are usually more forgiving than PFS ones but at this level the usual PFS precautionary gear is good to have (and yes, that was cryptic).

Malkavian_Andi
July 30th, 2019, 17:42
At level 6, you'll want a level 7 armor (or level 8 if you have a good one on one of your chronicles) (level 7 is important because starting at level 7 it makes you immune to medium radiation).
As Stephan said, a higher level weapon is not that important, unless you want a certain weapon fusion on it, then you'll need at least the level of the fusion. But you might want at least two weapons of different damage types to deal with resistances.

An important thing to have is a mk1 personal upgrade and a mk2 personal upgrade. (for the operative, I suggest taking the mk2 upgrade for dexterity, because that's the ability you need most. the mk1 upgrade can either go to the ability you need for the skill you use for trick attack (if it's different than dex) or to either Intelligence (for more skills) or Constitution (for more Stamina).)

Then there's armor upgrades. Good ones are Jetpack (lets you fly), Thermal Capacitor (cold and fire resistance), Electrostatic field (electricity resistance), defelctive reinforcement (DR), and infrared sensors (darvision).

As for cybernetic implants, there are are a few nice options, but I don't believe any of them are absolutely neccessary. If you like them thematically, go for it, though. Biotech is the same, although it's worth mentioning gill sheath, wildwise, and climbing suckers. Those can trivialize a few minor hazards for the character at a relatively low cost.

If you have some credits left, maybe buy a computer with an AI. As an AI can make its own Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks, it's able to assist you with these.

Some minor pieces of equipment that can come in handy are: basic medkit, professional clothing, tool kit (profession), tool kit (engineering), backpack (comsumer or industrial).

A few good magic items include: Ring of Resistance, serum of healing.

jgreishaw
July 31st, 2019, 03:26
Getting back in the swing of things. Jason is only level 3, but I would like to join if you will have me!

duhwoo
August 1st, 2019, 11:37
Sad to say I gotta bail — no Otto Mayshun for this one...

stephan_
August 1st, 2019, 11:48
Unfortunate but thanks for the notice. See you in another game soon!

Saqcat
August 3rd, 2019, 12:53
I would join with a level 3 mystic if I'm still in time (a little scared about the average level tough)

stephan_
August 3rd, 2019, 12:56
Alright.

A couple of notes:

1. Be smart (especially level 3s!!!) (yes, three exclamation marks).

2. High risk - maximum reward, low risk - lower reward.

Edit: 3. With a combination of bad luck and bad decisions, this scenario can get quite deadly, so having 14+ fame is a good precaution.

stephan_
August 3rd, 2019, 17:43
The server is up for the game in around 45 minutes.

stephan_
August 4th, 2019, 00:38
Chronicle drafts sent.

stephan_
August 4th, 2019, 08:45
As I forgot to put it in the earlier post: Next game most likely SFS #2-03: The Withering World, tier 1-4, Scenario Tags: Quest, Repeatable, Starship.

Probably SUN August 11th, but date still TBD.

After that, I'm open to suggestions. Maybe not enough players for tier 7-10 yet though.