PDA

View Full Version : New player looking for 5E group

Vincent Law
July 28th, 2019, 19:52
Hello everyone!

I'm a new-"ish" player looking for some 5th edition action. I say new-ish because I am quite familiar with 3.5E rules and lore from the Forgotten Realms universe, but I have no experience with 5E. Hopefully someone can show me the ropes of this new iteration. I've been reading the 5E Player's Handbook and I'll most likely finish it by next week, after which I'll continue with Xanathar and Volo's Guides because, afterall, I want to learn the game and lessen my burden on the DM.

As far as class preferences go:
I dislike (a lot) playing as rogue, bard, monk, cleric.
I'm ambivalent towards druid, barbarian and fighter.
I like the rest almost to the same degree, so there is a bit of class fexibility on my part.

Alignment: never evil or chaotic
Races: elf followed dragonborn, tiefling, human.
Setting/universe: preferably Forgotten Realms (simply because I am familiar with it, but I am also open to others if need arises)
Roleplay: I'd like a fair amount but nothing over the top.
Term: no less than 6-8 sessions.
Voice: yes.
FG license: free game.

Of important note, stuff like bringing real-life politics and ideologies into the game is a definite NO from me. On that I think most of us can agree.
I'm not a super serious person, quite the contrary. I like to have fun, make jokes and overall have friendly experience, but at the same time I don't like it when people are late, or if I have to wait half an hour for someone to finish cooking in real life, or long and constant afks and so on. Basically I like or expect a bit of "professionalism" from the group.
In terms of rules, I'd prefer if the party and DM stick to the official rules as much as possible. I'm OK with the DM giving custom modifiers to a "sickly" goblin, or adjusting the hp on a boss due to the number of players, and other such functional and reasonable adjustments. But creating/allowing custom player classes like Undead Murloc, or making up feats, personal "balances"/new rules that drastically change the core of the game is not something I'd like experience.

Lastly, I can play at pretty much any hour and any day, and ideally I'd like to play once or twice per week.

Feel free to reply or message me for more info.

Vincent Law
July 28th, 2019, 21:14
I managed to find a group irl and since I'm not lfg anymore I'd close the thread myself but I don't know how :(