PDA

View Full Version : Data Module Activation - filtering / DM recommendations

ColinBuckler
July 28th, 2019, 10:45
Anybody know of any extensions that allows filtering on Data Module Activation?

In particular the following functionality:

(1) Filter by loaded/unloaded modules.

(2) Filter by player allowed/blocked modules.

(3) GM to set a flag for a recommended set of modules for the players. The players to see the recommended modules via a filter and their current toggled status.

(4) For the GM to see which modules which players have activated.

(5) Export the list of allowed/blocked modules for import into another campaign. Would also be good if you could export/import the game option settings.

The main reason for this is due to the large number of modules I seem to have obtained over the years is becoming problematic to manage and filter.

I can imagine (4) being very difficult as the client would need to report back to the GM's.

mattekure
July 28th, 2019, 13:21
Anybody know of any extensions that allows filtering on Data Module Activation?

In particular the following functionality:

(1) Filter by loaded/unloaded modules.

(2) Filter by player allowed/blocked modules.

(3) GM to set a flag for a recommended set of modules for the players. The players to see the recommended modules via a filter and their current toggled status.

(4) For the GM to see which modules which players have activated.

(5) Export the list of allowed/blocked modules for import into another campaign. Would also be good if you could export/import the game option settings.

The main reason for this is due to the large number of modules I seem to have obtained over the years is becoming problematic to manage and filter.

I can imagine (4) being very difficult as the client would need to report back to the GM's.

1) already exists. At the bottom of the data module activation, click on the "All" button, it will switch to a filtered view showing only whats loaded.
2) Not Currently
3) Not currently
4) Not currently
5) You cant do this, but you can create a blank campaign and set it all up, then make a copy of the campaign and rename it for live use. it will have all the allowed/blocked modules remembered and game options set.

Zacchaeus
July 28th, 2019, 13:28
The only one which exists is the first one by clicking the All button bottom right of window which shows what modules you have open.

You can copy the modulestate.xml file from one campaign to another so that would allow you set up open/closed/shared modules, and once you have set your options copying the usersettings.xml (I think) file to a new campaign will set the options in the new campaign.

Bidmaron
July 28th, 2019, 15:14
Learn to write extensions. You can do every one of your wishes with an extension you write.

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2019, 15:42
I believe some of these ideas are on the wishlist. These types of issues have been reported/discussed a bit recently and some enhancements have been done recently (i.e. search by title and author). I personally suspect Moon has such enhancements on his todo list, but until FGU is released I doubt he will take the time to make further enhancements.

But, check the wishlist, vote, and add new ideas. And in the meantime consider the suggestion to write an extension :)

Trenloe
July 28th, 2019, 16:01
Yeah, some of these could be done with a basic extension.

For example, a lot of #4 can be done by altering the aDataModuleSet data in scripts\data_desktop_<ruleset name>.lua - where it defines what standard library module collection buttons to setup on the campaign setup screen that displays when first connecting to a campaign.