PDA

View Full Version : Threat Range / Reach Not Displaying Properly

dmgmstcom
July 27th, 2019, 08:38
I am brand new to FG. Been poking around with it for several days. Displayed threat range for PC is showing to be the middle of grid tiles. Displayed threat range for NPC not showing at all. Not sure how to fix this. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a hazard token on the bottom layer to represent difficult terrain, but it also has a threat range that I would actually like to turn off, if possible. It is not in the combat tracker, so not sure what to do about that either.

stephan_
July 27th, 2019, 11:30
It will depend on the ruleset, but most rulesets should have a "reach" field in the NPC entries and/or in the combat tracker.

Zacchaeus
July 27th, 2019, 13:45
What ruleset are you using? Are you using any extensions?

There are a couple of considerations. The fist is the size of your grid. If in your screenshot the reach of the player is 5ft and your grid is 10ft then the display is correct. Only the selected token will show the reach, so an unselect token won’t have a reach. You must also add tokens to your map by dragging from the Combat Tracker. If you don’t place them in this way then there is no link between the token and the map and reach won’t be shown correctly if at all. Only melee range is ever shown; there is no showing of range attack reach or for spell reach.

As noted by Stephan you can change the reach in the Combat Tracker in most rulesets. Another consideration is that you hinted you are using a layers extension. Using extensions can change behaviour, so make sure you know what the behaviour should be before you use extensions. For the hazard token if you change the reach to zero in the Combat Tracker then the range won’t show (I think).

And welcome to the forums.