PDA

View Full Version : Lost Mine of Phandelver. LFP Need 3-5 Players - Games on Friday 1600 GMT-5

03dumbdumb
July 25th, 2019, 05:13
FG License: I have the Ultimate license, you only need the demo.

Time Zone: EST (GMT -5)

Frequency: Friday nights primarily around 2000(8 pm). For about 3-5 hours. Weekly or bi weekly. Need players with semi flexible schedules because my of my job. But I always have notice before hand. I would like the first game to be on the 9th. With one on one session zeros or a short group one sometime between then.

Term: Pretty short campaign, will get you to level 5. Should take a couple months.

Voice: Yes (discord).

Game System: D&D 5e

Experience: 3 Years.

FG Experience: Half of one Curse of Strahd Campaign. (Learning it more everyday.)

Looking for players who are new or experienced. Anyone can play. Expect 50/50 combat and role-play/exploration. Voices are welcome but I don't do them because Im not good at them. Thank you for reading, PM me or write me on here If you are interested.

This is the link to the game calendar
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3552

You can also message me on Discord
03dumbdumb#8151

-Miguel

Leoses
July 26th, 2019, 09:49
Im interested in playing. I have a decent amount of experience with 5e but not too much experience with fg. I would like to play a druid but that is flexible based on party needs.

Kelain
July 26th, 2019, 13:42
I would be interested. I'm new to both dnd and FG and would like to play a ranger.

I'm central time zone

MithosRiot
July 26th, 2019, 14:47
would be able to do an 1800 start time. but 1600 is just too early for me.

Glorwin
July 26th, 2019, 21:38
I would be interested, but I haven’t played D&D since the 90’s. Mostly played merp and rolemaster. Also I have never used FG before
Eastern time zone

CroBatMan
July 27th, 2019, 19:26
I'm still new (a few months of playing). I've never used FG. I've only watched tutorial videos. would really like to jump into a campaign that's more than a one-shot.

Vos
July 27th, 2019, 22:55
I am new to FG. I played one campaign (1-6th), and I would like to try out a warlock for the first time. I have one already made up in my characters (standard array), Hexblade/Pact or the chain. Friday nights is fine with me.

I prefer weekly with a short campaign, but bi-weekly is fine with me. And work/vacation interruptions is fine too.

Rygar6719
July 28th, 2019, 01:01
i am new to FG but have taken some classes. I haven't played D&D for awhile but I would love to play. I am free on fri- sat.

thank you
jber67(-4)#5359

Vos
July 29th, 2019, 01:25
Vandal Morn: Warlock/Hexblade 1st Level. Var Human with Spell Sniper Feat
standard array stats STR 10, DEX 14, CON 14, Int 12, WIS 8, CHA 16
------------------------------------------
Barovia

Two hundred years ago, under the cover of darkness, Nev Van’shir, an ancient vampire and servant to Strahd Von Zarovich, murdered thirty Paladins devoted to Eldath.

Nev Van’shir used a weapon called Bloodthirst which was directly connected to Strahd Von Zarovich. The sentient blade was designed to feed it’s master. Whether it landed the killing blow or merely drew blood, it fed the life energies into the master vampire, strengthening the very land of Barovia itself.

Knowing that Nev Van’shir would be attacking the next town – the Paladins of Eldath prepared themselves and ambushed Nev Van’shir. Gravely wounded, the vampire was forced to flee. However, in his attempt to escape, Bloodthirst fell into the darkness of the night - lost forever.

The blade without a master sought desperately to fulfill its purpose.

That was two hundred years ago. The battle between darkness and light continues.
-------------------------------------------------------
Faerun.

Vandal was born into the Waterdhavian noble house of Whiteraven. Vandal grew up with all of the benefits of wealth, including good schooling, and a stable home. He was however a prodigal, squandering everything in orgy of self-indulgence.

Ashamed by his behavior his father confronted him. “You soil our name the way you soil your trousers, you drunkard fool. Your behavior has wrought shame to our family name.”

“What good is wealth if one does not enjoy it?” Vandal asked, taking another deep drink from the bottle in his hand. “If we die without spending that which we have who will take it? It is better to live a life of fulfilment.”

“This,” his father gestured, “is not fulfilment. This is how a commoner’s pig would live. And you will not live like this any longer. Not here.”

“What are you going to do? Cast me out? Your only son?” Vandal chuckled drunkenly.

Vandal next found himself standing outside the manor’s gate with no way back in.
The true tragedy of the moment struck him: he would need to get… a job.

Too many knew the Whiteravens, and thus, Vandal’s reputation. Changing his last name to Morn, he left Waterdeep for a small nearby town. He lived well by selling his jewelry. But more often than not, he fell back into his ways of debauchery and squandered even what little wealth that brought him.

Unable to afford the protection of a caravan, Vandal was forced to walk to yet another town. The road was lonely, the trees cast dark foreboding shadows.

He saw an approaching group of people which he had mistook as gnomes initially, but as he drew closer, he realized it was a band of goblins! His heart sank as he realized he had sold off his last dagger.

He dove into the bushes just off the road and held his breath. As the goblins approached, one of them paused. “Somethin’ been here,” it growled as it pointed at the road. “Fresh tracks.”

Vandal knew that they would find him. Like a rabbit he dashed deeper into the woods, the goblins immediately pursued. He could hear their gleeful cheering mixed with hoots and callings.

He ran for seemingly forever, the goblins showed no signs of tiring, Vandal stumbled into a graveyard (Here in the wilderness?)– a misty maze of ancient tombstones. Aside from the thundering beat of his heart, the world was silent as if it held its breath.

With no other choice, he bolted across as quickly as he could, and fell directly into a freshly dug grave. Frantically he tried to climb out. If the goblins found him, it would be like spearing fish in a barrel. The wet soil prevented him from getting a solid hold. Vandal sunk to the ground realizing he would die like a pig in mud, just as his father had predicted.

He watched from the pit as the sun passed over, then the moon, then the sun again. He noticed, because there was nothing else to do, that the entire day and night, not a single sound could be heard – no birds, deer, owls – nothing.

Believing he was safe, Vandal tried to climb again, and this time as he tried to stand, his hand touched something that sent a spark of energy through his body. Looking down and saw the hilt of a blade protruding from the mud. He pulled it out – and for a brief moment – had a vision of a pale being, bathed in blood, slaying armored men.

Vandal tried to drop it – but something refused to let him go. The jet-black sword seemed to have a crackling energy about it. “Take me,” he heard the voice in his head as the blade shimmered, “and you will never be afraid again. Kill for me, let me drink the blood of those who stand against you.” The voice was soothing and calming, despite the tone of the message. “Take me up, and I will make YOU a devastating weapon!”

Vandal took the weapon, and it melded into his arm, leaving only the tattoo of a black sword.

Feeling a surge of power, Vandal leapt from the grave. Fearlessly, he entered the forest, where he heard the unmistakable chatter of goblins. Purple energies erupted from his hands. Six squealing goblins quenched the blades thirst. There was no blood left in them, not a drop, just a look of horror.

Vandal stepped onto the path. He felt like a man for the first time. He wasn’t a servant; he was a weapon. He liked that. Vandal was no longer a rake, a drunk, or a loser. Vandal was going to be a hero.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pact: Vandal made a deal with Bloodthirst, a weapon designed to strengthen Strahd and his realm. With every death (he need not cast the killing blow), blood and energy flow into the land of Barovia. Not a drop of blood will even stain the clothing of his victims. BUT. Anyone struck by either ray, spell, or sword will die with a look of horror.

Vandal is not required to commit murder. An adventurer’s life provides all the blood to suffice. Vandal is not aware he ultimately serves Strahd, just a nameless sword. Strahd is aware of the energy he receives but not who wields it (indeed there are several feeding Barovia this way). Bloodthirst is simply fulfilling its purpose: to feed Strahd. Finally, Strahd cannot issue orders through the sword. Vandal is under no compulsion to obey Strahd, even if they should meet. The undead and all those who wield divine magic can be killed but do not feed Strahd.
---------------------------------------------------------

Glorwin
July 29th, 2019, 03:27
That’s an expert level backstory, very interesting

rgk13
July 29th, 2019, 15:11
Hi, I would be interested. I'm playing in other campains and have a lot of RGP experience. Been using FG for a couple on months but I am Ok with it. let me know.

Vos
August 3rd, 2019, 13:50
Are we still set to game?

johnshep
August 4th, 2019, 02:01
I would be very interested in joining the group. I am a long time D&D and FG player.

Acoustic Fox
August 4th, 2019, 04:19
Hello I am very interested and the time works great for me. I have been playing DnD for many years and last year DM CoS, Yawning Portal and a bunch of Adventure League modules and one shots. My character would be Cecil Woodlake an Elf Ranger.

morb0
August 4th, 2019, 20:23
If you're not full up yet, I'll throw my name in the hat.

I've been playing d&d for probably about five years. I am pretty much always the DM in my current RL group. I just bough FG a few weeks ago and I am still figuring it out so I may request a bit of hand-holding there. I'm happy to fill in whatever position the group needs.

EST TZ - I work through the week (M-F) from 9 to 5 (I'm home at about 6).