PDA

View Full Version : New to FG couple questions

Sinfect
July 24th, 2019, 14:39
As the title says in new to FG and I'm going to be getting the standard edition my question is, with unity hopefully coming in December should I just go with a sub till unity or go for the one time charge? Has there been anything said about a cheaper upgrade charge if you already paid the 1 time charge?

I think I had more question but I can't remember them, so I'll just start with this.

Thanks in advance

LordEntrails
July 24th, 2019, 17:23
No prices have been mentioned. My opinion is that it is likely that their will be a discount for existing licenses, but we don't know how much.

So, to completely speculate; A subscription for 4 months would be $16 and then you would have to pay full price for the standard$40 (assuming FGU prices are the same as FGC prices) so that would be $56.
If the price for the FGU upgrade is priced similarly to the KS, then you would pay $40 now and ~$15 for the upgrade for a total of $55.

I don't think it's going to matter what you chose.

Sinfect
July 24th, 2019, 19:00
Another question, I already have the DMG, PHB and MM. If I want to manually enter the DMG do I just have to add the treasure tables or what?

LordEntrails
July 24th, 2019, 19:06
Another question, I already have the DMG, PHB and MM. If I want to manually enter the DMG do I just have to add the treasure tables or what?
Well... it depends upon what you want to use/reference. You probably don't need to enter any of the story text type of stuff. But you will probably want the magic items, treasure tables, maybe the random dungeon stuff, the NPC and encounter creation guidelines.

Not sure what else, those are the things I use regularly.

Sinfect
July 24th, 2019, 19:07
Ty for your help