PDA

View Full Version : Odd conditional effect for Monster types and special effect for a sword

belkasro
July 24th, 2019, 03:26
Hey trying to write a code for an effect but stump how to write. I've read the effect wiki. How do you write if target is undead it takes 1d4 Radiant and everything else takes 1d4 necrotic damage. Is it possible to write one line of code then two lines of code.

------/

I have made some weapons based on the Castlevania Lords of Shadow game series. I have a player who enjoys the series alot and like to craft a special weapon. Like critical role I do wish this weapon will have three states: dorment / awaken / Exalted states. This item will be more likely introduce by 10 or maybe 11th level. Currently at level 8 right now.

Dormant State
##The wielder gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this weapon.
the target takes an additional 1d4 cold damage.
##

Awakened State
##The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to a +2. Additionally when the wielder hits with an attack using this weapon. This cold damage is now 1d6

Exalted State
##The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to a +3.
The necrotic damage dealt by attacks with this weapon increases to 1d8.

When think of the word void a few different things come to mind. Cold, planar, and consuming existence. Any way to improve the blade to give it a bit more omph that doesn't break the game but somewhat kick ***.

Reference if need
https://castlevania.fandom.com/wiki/Void_Sword

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2019, 04:33
Conditionals do not support negation nor if...else logic in FG. It would be additional ruleset code that would have to be added to support either of these capabilities.

You would have to handle with one-off DMG effects applied as needed.

Regards,
JPG

belkasro
July 24th, 2019, 05:31
Thank you