PDA

View Full Version : StrainInjury packages

Kelrugem
July 24th, 2019, 02:29
This is for FG classic! See the links below and in my signature for FG Unity :)
Forge links: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view and https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/24/view

Known incompatibility: The Full Overlay Package one is probably incompatible with the Naval Combat Extension that comes with the Skulls & Shackles AP :) (maybe the other versions, too)

Hi :)

In that thread I upload my extensions combined with the StrainInjury extension of darrenan (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26351-Strain-Injury-HP-Variant-Extension), thanks to him I am allowed to upload these combinations :) It is about these extensions:

Strain and Injury: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26351-Strain-Injury-HP-Variant-Extension
Advanced 3.5/PF1 (with keen extension): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects
Save versus tags: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=447232#post447232
Overlays: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=445881#post445881
AoO tracker (with incorporated FFOS): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50075-Attack-of-Opportunity-tracker

There are two versions of overlays, see the overlay thread for screenshots :) The alternative version is in the second post for now because I am not able to have more than one extension in this post anymore :D

I also changed something in StrainInjury, but only for 3.5e (Pathfinder is not touched by this). Regeneration of 3.5e does not work anymore in StrainInjury by the original code of StrainInjury. I brought it back and it now works as following: Regeneration only heals Strain damage and every ingoing damage type is strain damage except when it is of the special type mentioned in the REGEN effect (e.g. fire for the troll regeneration), for these special damage types the damage is then Injury damage :) I guess this is the most straightforward implementation for it according to the standard rules of 3.5e for regeneration.

Have fun :)

UPDATE: Damage coming from a failed stability check is now injury damage and not strain.

UPDATE2: There are several fixes and a new feature now:

There is now the damage type injury. Basically it does the same as pressing the modifier button for injury. The resulting damage will be then of type injury as long as there is not any nonlethal damage type. When at least one damage die has this damage type then all damage dice will be injury, too, except the ones with nonlethal. Immunity and resistance effects can block this damage type (but only damage dice with having this damage type of course) and it acts like the special damage types like critical (i.e., IMMUNE: injury blocks e.g. the damage die with injury in it, regardless which other damage types are in there, and an wearing an axe while having the effect DMGTYPE: injury results into a damage die with damage types slashing and injury, not only injury). You can think of this damage type as bleed damage :) (for this it was requested)
Injury damage is now respected in the height of health bars.
Temporary hit points do not change the physical state, e.g. getting temp HP while one needs to roll for stabilization does not stabilize and one stays unconscious. This was not the case anymore in this extension. I fixed it :) Similar problem was in the code for bloodied, wounded and healthy. Fixed that, too :)
The problem with Strain-Injury is that one has -strictly speaking- two different strain damage pools, one coming from lethal and one from nonlethal attacks which is important when it is about becoming unconscious (especially in 3.5e when the enemy has regeneration). E.g. having 10 HP and 1 injury and then getting 9 strain damage always resulted into the status disabled, regardless whether it came from a nonlethal attack, while having 0 injury and 10 strain always resulted into unconscious. Having 1 injury and then getting 10 strain resulted into stabilization rolls, though it was nonlethal strain. And so on :) This is now all fixed, now the code treats unconscious correct. For this you will see that getting unconscious by nonlethal damage will apply the stable effect, a dirty trick to avoid the stabilization rolls :D
The stable effect will now also be automatically removed when lethal damage will be made while the target was dying (and stabilized), that's needed for the previous point to automate the previous point. But that feature is nice in general, too :) (Now in the base programme)
I've added the bleed damage type now also to the base extension :) It behaves like injury except that it does natively strain damage (otherwise combine it with injury;it is of course injury when the target is dieing) but it overcomes DR :)

Kelrugem
July 25th, 2019, 17:40
<-- reserved -->

Kelrugem
August 2nd, 2019, 17:30
Updated, due to recent changes in advanced effects and the overlay extension :) I also changed the type of damage coming from a failed stabilization: It is now injury damage and not strain.

Kelrugem
August 4th, 2019, 01:04
Also here an update due to save versus tags changes, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=447232#post447232 :)

Kelrugem
August 5th, 2019, 20:53
There was a fix in 3.3.8 which I've incorporated into these extensions because the StrainInjury part was affected by it :) I saw that one person downloaded one extension here since the last update. To that person: please redownload :P Sorry :D (but nothing bad will happen when you don't, the condition "deafened" will then just not be accounted when you roll initiative through the circle buttons in the CT)

darrenan
August 26th, 2019, 00:54
I was seeing this error in my extension, switched to one of yours, and saw the same thing. This error shows up in the console.log file in the root FG folder, and doesn't seem to cause anything bad to happen. All the same you might want to take a look and see if you can make it go away. Cheers!

[25.08.2019 23:52:40] Ruleset Warning: window: Unable to locate control (button_global_targeting) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (label_wounds) in windowclass (combattracker_host)

Kelrugem
August 26th, 2019, 02:30
I was seeing this error in my extension, switched to one of yours, and saw the same thing. This error shows up in the console.log file in the root FG folder, and doesn't seem to cause anything bad to happen. All the same you might want to take a look and see if you can make it go away. Cheers!

[25.08.2019 23:52:40] Ruleset Warning: window: Unable to locate control (button_global_targeting) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (label_wounds) in windowclass (combattracker_host)

Ah, thank you for the report :) That seems to pop-up at the first time when one opens the CT (and when the console is open, gladly a warning does not force the console to open) :) Probably has something to do with the strain label box in the CT (and they gladly look still the same as you observed, too :) ).

Thanks I try to fix that :) At the moment I prepare my move to a new city, so I have a bit less time, but when I get time I try to make that warning go away :)

Kelrugem
August 26th, 2019, 05:56
So, the warning message should now be gone :) If you want to know what I changed: I deleted the insertbefore commands in ct_host.xml for the strain and injury labels, seemingly these commands do not work anymore. I compared it with the native code in FG for nonlethal and wounds and they also work without that insertbefore command :) Thus, the code about the position below that insertbefore command seems to be necessary and already sufficient for the labels which is probably the reason why the labels still worked :)

Thanks again, let me know if you see something else :) I wanted to push a new version soon, the height of health bars actually do not take injury damage into account but the colour does (such that the health dot works completely and the health bar partially. The health bar changes its colour correctly when someone e.g. goes unconscious but the length of a health bar does not fit then) :) When I find time to find the code for the health bar then I should be able to fix that quickly, I guess, since that is probably only a matter of renaming things of the original code

Kelrugem
September 1st, 2019, 01:28
The package of StrainInjury with the full overlay package are updated due to an update in the overlay extension (see its thread) :)

RobboNJ69
October 30th, 2019, 03:44
Hello Kelrugem,

Thanks for all this hard work. Question on the Strain/Injury extension: Is there a way to get ongoing damage to register as Injury? Currently, I'm using: Bleeding Damage; DMGO: 1d20 spell; I've also tried: magic, force, critical, injury, no change. The damage always goes to the 'strain' column.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kelrugem
October 30th, 2019, 03:50
Hello Kelrugem,

Thanks for all this hard work. Question on the Strain/Injury extension: Is there a way to get ongoing damage to register as Injury? Currently, I'm using: Bleeding Damage; DMGO: 1d20 spell; I've also tried: magic, force, critical, injury, no change. The damage always goes to the 'strain' column.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you :)

Hm, I will look into the code when updating it to 3.3.9 (I already fixed some things about the health bars and so on (and stabilization damage will be injury again, for some reason I accidentally deleted that part and it was strain again)). I try to add your request when I find time :)

Maybe adding injury as a damage type? That may help for customizing damage :)

RobboNJ69
October 30th, 2019, 04:42
I try to add your request when I find time :)
Thanks a lot. Again, I appreciate the time you put in.
Robbo

Kelrugem
November 3rd, 2019, 04:21
Thanks a lot. Again, I appreciate the time you put in.
Robbo

I have now implemented that in the following way: There is now the damage type "injury" and such a damage type will result always into injury damage and it is a special damage type, meaning that when you e.g. have DMG: d6 injury for your axe then the additional damage die will have the damage types slashing and injury :) (not only injury then, so similar behaviour as for critical, nonlethal, spell and precision) But when you have more than one damage die in one single damage roll and at least one damage die has the damage type injury then all damage is treated as injury damage (except the damage of damage dice with the damage type nonlethal, they are still separate and strain damage); for me that makes sense because an attack's total damage, which is able to do wounds due to some of its involved damage dice (i.e. injury damage), should be treated as injury damage (and that is much easier to code :D though that is not important for the DMGO example like bleed damage for what this was requested :) )

Is that okay for everyone? I will push that with the 3.3.9 release, so enough time to change that :) (though the other way, i.e. treating only the damage of the sub-dice with injury as damage type as an injury damage, is a little bit complicated to code, that would need a more difficult overwrite of the standard code :) )

EDIT: And nonlethal overwrites injury when both are in the same damage die, normally both damage types should not arise at the same time in one fixed die but just for your information for completeness :) So, when e.g. you have the effect DMGTYPE: injury then nonlethal stays strain damage :) This was needed such that damage dice with the type nonlethal stay as strain damage

EDIT2: One could say that it works like darrenan's injury modifier button :)

EDIT3: And with respect to resistance and immunity effects it works also like the ones for critical and so on, so e.g. having IMMUNE: injury blocks all incoming damage dice with type injury in it :) So, you can now code bleed immunity :) (I guess, I will also add bleed as damage type, similar to injury here, in my advanced effects extension)

RobboNJ69
November 7th, 2019, 19:37
Hello Kelrugem, Sorry I'm just replying now. I've been swamped at work. Everything you wrote up sounds perfect. Again, I appreciate you spending your time on that.

Kelrugem
November 7th, 2019, 19:42
Hello Kelrugem, Sorry I'm just replying now. I've been swamped at work. Everything you wrote up sounds perfect. Again, I appreciate you spending your time on that.

thank you :) and no worries, much success with your work :)

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 07:42
I have now uploaded the 3.3.9 version of StrainInjury :) Remember to update next week when 3.3.9 came out; I will update all the packages in the next days, too :) (but not done yet, you can see this by the download numbers; as long as they are not resetted to 0, it is not updated)

There are several fixes and a new feature now:

There is now the damage type injury. Basically it does the same as pressing the modifier button for injury. The resulting damage will be then of type injury as long as there is not any nonlethal damage type. When at least one damage die has this damage type then all damage dice will be injury, too, except the ones with nonlethal. Immunity and resistance effects can block this damage type (but only damage dice with having this damage type of course) and it acts like the special damage types like critical (i.e., IMMUNE: injury blocks e.g. the damage die with injury in it, regardless which other damage types are in there, and an wearing an axe while having the effect DMGTYPE: injury results into a damage die with damage types slashing and injury, not only injury). You can think of this damage type as bleed damage :) (for this it was requested)
Temporary hit points do not change the physical state, e.g. getting temp HP while one needs to roll for stabilization does not stabilize and one stays unconscious. This was not the case anymore in this extension. I fixed it :) Similar problem was in the code for bloodied, wounded and healthy. Fixed that, too :)
The problem with Strain-Injury is that one has -strictly speaking- two different strain damage pools, one coming from lethal and one from nonlethal attacks which is important when it is about becoming unconscious (especially in 3.5e when the enemy has regeneration). E.g. having 10 HP and 1 injury and then getting 9 strain damage resulted always into the status disabled, regardless whether it came from a nonlethal attack, while havin 0 injury and 10 strain always resulted into unconscious. Having 1 injury and then getting 10 strain resulted into stabilization rolls, though it was nonlethal strain. And so on :) This is now all fixed, now the code treats unconscious correct. For this you will see that getting unconscious by nonlethal damage will apply the stable effect, a dirty trick to avoid the stabilization rolls :D
The stable effect will now also be automatically removed when lethal damage will be made, that's needed for the previous point to automate the previous point. But that feature is nice in general, too :)

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 07:43
I have now uploaded the 3.3.9 version of StrainInjury :) Remember to update next week when 3.3.9 came out; I will update all the packages in the next days, too :) (but not done yet, you can see this by the download numbers; as long as they are not resetted to 0, it is not reuploaded. But I will write here again when they're done :) )

There are several fixes and a new feature now:

The problem with Strain-Injury is that one has -strictly speaking- two different strain damage pools, one coming from lethal and one from nonlethal attacks which is important when it is about becoming unconscious (especially in 3.5e when the enemy has regeneration). E.g. having 10 HP and 1 injury and then getting 9 strain damage always resulted into the status disabled, regardless whether it came from a nonlethal attack, while having 0 injury and 10 strain always resulted into unconscious. Having 1 injury and then getting 10 strain resulted into stabilization rolls, though it was nonlethal strain. And so on :) This is now all fixed, now the code treats unconscious correct. For this you will see that getting unconscious by nonlethal damage will apply the stable effect, a dirty trick to avoid the stabilization rolls :D
The stable effect will now also be automatically removed when lethal damage will be made, that's needed for the previous point to automate the previous point. But that feature is nice in general, too :)
Updated for FGU :) (but didn't test it explicitly there)

Kelrugem
November 10th, 2019, 22:39
A follow up on the injury damage type: It is at the moment it does not ignore DR because I was not able to see something related to this in the strain injury rules. I will add a bleed damage type in my advanced effects extension which will be able to overcome DR effects. When you use one of the packages with advanced effects and strainInjury then you should be able to code bleed damage as e.g. DMGO: d6 bleed, injury :) I guess that is the best way to handle it, with both damage types you can then decide on your own whether something is injury and/or overcomes DR etc :)

And: Darrenan's modifier button for injury is superior, meaning that it makes injury damage but does not count as the damage type, so the modifier button will ignore immunity effects etc. versus injury (so for this the bleed damage type will be needed).

EDIT: Okay, I added the bleed damage type now also to the base extension :) It behaves like injury except that it does natively strain damage (otherwise combine it with injury; it is of course injury when the target is dieing) but it overcomes DR :)

Kelrugem
November 12th, 2019, 00:42
Now also all the packages are updated, too :) Beware the features of the included extensions and especially the new name of the advanced effects extension (i.e., please do not ignore the big red text at the beginning when you update to 3.3.9 :D)

RobboNJ69
November 14th, 2019, 21:24
Hello Kelrugem! Thank you for the update. I'm loading it up now and will be playing tonight. I appreciate your time on this. Those changes sound perfect. Can I buy you a beer (or two)? Message me.

Kelrugem
November 14th, 2019, 21:35
Hello Kelrugem! Thank you for the update. I'm loading it up now and will be playing tonight. I appreciate your time on this. Those changes sound perfect. Can I buy you a beer (or two)? Message me.

You're welcome and thanks :) And have fun today :)

Just a warning: I found a little bug in all the packages where save versus tags was involved, I have reuploaded them :) Please download again when you use one of them :)

RobboNJ69
November 14th, 2019, 21:38
I was just going to mention the broken link for the full Overlay - but you got it first! Thanks!

Kelrugem
November 14th, 2019, 21:42
I was just going to mention the broken link for the full Overlay - but you got it first! Thanks!

:) Cool, hopefully now everything works :D

Kelrugem
November 16th, 2019, 09:44
New versions for all packages (with save versus tags incorporated) available due to new little features in Save versus tags, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post463256 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=463256&viewfull=1#post463256)

:)

Kelrugem
November 17th, 2019, 08:00

I am sorry to bother you again. I have reuploaded save versus tags and its packages because there was a very minor issue: The DC for saves did not immediately account the modifier coming from the ability when adding a new spell until you clicked on the magnifying glass next to the save, then it was correctly updated. (therefore rather minor issue, but still something needed to be fixed) This should now be fixed, so the DC is now correctly updated when added to the spell list and not after the magnifying glass :)

Sorry for the reupload again, as usual for very recent releases, now everything should work again :) Thanks for your patience :)

(Ah, some extension updater would be useful for such things then I would not need to spam my extension threads :D)

Have fun :)

darrenan
November 24th, 2019, 23:40
I am finally taking the leap to using Save vs. Tags, and I immediately ran into an issue. Whenever possible, I use Farnaby's spell library module when doing my GM prep because it has a lot of spell actions already set up. However, when I drag a spell from this module onto a PC or NPC, the school and other tags don't get auto-populated. Auto-pop works fine when I drag from a different module. The difference seems to be the Farnaby's spells have an <Action> element in them, are you checking for this explicitly and skipping spells that have it already? Currently this means I need to choose between spells with actions already set up, and spells getting schools and tags autopopulated, which means either way there's some extra manual work to do. All things being equal I would probably take the Farnaby's spells over the auto-pop.

Kelrugem
November 24th, 2019, 23:56
I am finally taking the leap to using Save vs. Tags, and I immediately ran into an issue. Whenever possible, I use Farnaby's spell library module when doing my GM prep because it has a lot of spell actions already set up. However, when I drag a spell from this module onto a PC or NPC, the school and other tags don't get auto-populated. Auto-pop works fine when I drag from a different module. The difference seems to be the Farnaby's spells have an <Action> element in them, are you checking for this explicitly and skipping spells that have it already? Currently this means I need to choose between spells with actions already set up, and spells getting schools and tags autopopulated, which means either way there's some extra manual work to do. All things being equal I would probably take the Farnaby's spells over the auto-pop.

Yes, this is intended for the automatic parser of the tags etc. :) The tags are only automatically added for spells onto which the FG parser looks at. The reason for this was simply that one can add also one's own-made tags (because it is too difficult to automatically parse any possible needed tag which may be hidden in the spell description; the sleep or fear tag are such examples. But I also use a tag like magicmissile to code the AC effect against magic missiles in the shield spell). In that way you can add your own tags and when you then drag&drop this spell from the actions tab into the spell library then the own-made tags are saved, too, and will not be overwritten by the parser when you later add this spell entry from the library into another actions tab :) (this is how FG generally works, too, as you know. Basically the module you mention uses this behaviour to make the configuration of the spells better when drag&dropping them into an actions tab because the FG parser ignores such created spells :) Thence, the spells from the module of Farnaby are ignored by the parser to keep the better defined actions; but the tags are sadly not automatically added then because for the automatic parsing of tags one needs the FG parser)

I can try to look at the module of Farnaby but I am not so experienced into how FG distinguishes the modules in "FG parser looks at this" and "FG parser ignores this". Is this just this <Action> element? Hmmm, I can try to see whether one can tell the code that tags should always be automatically added (but then own-made tags can not be saved in the library anymore, only in the actions themselves; so everything depends a bit on whether how many own-made tags are used)

Or, I can try to add a separate "Reparse spell" button in the actions tab which only parses the tags. What do you think? But I am not sure when I will be able to add this, so, I hope manually adding tags is at the moment not so cumbersome when using Farnaby's spells

Kelrugem
November 28th, 2019, 11:07

As a follow-up: What certainly is possible that I save the source of the tags (especially the spell school entry) also in the roll for saves etc. :) The automatic parser just looks at the spell entries to find tags, this "finding of tags" can also be done when it is about making saves, CLC and so on :) Then it would also work for your module because the tags in the school entry will be used regardless of whether they are written in the tags line. The only problem is then the definition about whether it is a spell or spelllike (or none of both like supernatural). But maybe I can tell the code somehow to always assume spells except otherwise noted.

Maybe this would suit you better?

Kelrugem
December 14th, 2019, 05:38
New update for the corresponding packages due to a small bug fix in save versus tags (about the new option to let the DC of an individual spell be calculated by another ability than the base ability of the spell class) :) See the save versus tags thread for more information :)

Kelrugem
February 8th, 2020, 20:32
Due to some bug fix of darrenan for the mirror image handler (thanks Darrenan :) See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post475227 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46971-Mirror-Image-Handler-extension&p=475227&viewfull=1#post475227) ) Please update your extension when you use the following extensions together with the mirror image handler of Darrenan :)

StrainInjury with advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder
StrainInjury with Full Package
StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2020, 05:30
All extensions with StrainInjury had to be updated for 3.3.10, make sure to download them when 3.3.10 is released :)

RobboNJ69
March 4th, 2020, 01:42
Thanks for the update and for all the work maintaining it!

Kelrugem
March 4th, 2020, 01:46
Thanks for the update and for all the work maintaining it!

You're very welcome :) Let me know when there are issues :)

Kelrugem
March 22nd, 2020, 22:27

The extensions got updated to make them compatible with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26775-Expanded-Fantasy-Language-Fonts-(FG-v3-1-3-)

Please redownload if you also use this extension :) (you still have to load both separately)

Kelrugem
April 5th, 2020, 07:00
There are new versions for the packages due to several new features in advanced effects and save versus tags :) See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=490890&viewfull=1#post490890 and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=490886&viewfull=1#post490886 :)

Raust
April 18th, 2020, 00:56
Hi, first of all: Thank you very much! Such an amazing job.

Then, I've downloaded the full package with overlays and I'm running it in FGU despite the warning

Updated for FGU, except the OverlayPackage (but didn't test it there yet)

As far as I can see, everything is working, but I get the following error message on console:
[ERROR] template:Must contain a child tag for template (number_clientct_nonlethal).[StrainInjuty with Full OverlayPackage] [ct/template_ct.xml]

yet, as I said, everything appears to be working properly.

I hope this is useful and then again, thank you very much.

Edit:
Tinkering with the ext, I found that just replacing:

<template name="number_clientct_nonlethal" merge="delete"/>
with:

<template name="number_clientct_nonlethal" merge="delete">

<number_ct_static name="wounds">

</number_ct_static>
</template>
do the trick and, since it's flagged for deletion, I suppose it will not affect it anyway.

Kelrugem
April 18th, 2020, 02:41
Hi, first of all: Thank you very much! Such an amazing job.

Then, I've downloaded the full package with overlays and I'm running it in FGU despite the warning

As far as I can see, everything is working, but I get the following error message on console:
[ERROR] template:Must contain a child tag for template (number_clientct_nonlethal).[StrainInjuty with Full OverlayPackage] [ct/template_ct.xml]

yet, as I said, everything appears to be working properly.

I hope this is useful and then again, thank you very much.

Edit:
Tinkering with the ext, I found that just replacing:

with:

do the trick and, since it's flagged for deletion, I suppose it will not affect it anyway.

ah, thanks very much for the fix :) Yes, since one of the last patches this error does pop-up in FGU, I hadn't this some weeks ago :) I adjust the information about FGU, and will implement your fix after I tried to look at it again :) (and when FGU is nearer to release)

Kelrugem
April 19th, 2020, 19:21
I reuploaded the full OverlayPackage with new overlays :) There is a separate version in the second post with a different set of overlay icons :)

See here for more informations: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=498537&viewfull=1#post498537

or https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=445881&viewfull=1#post445881 under Update3 to see the new overlays :)

Thanks to tahl_liadon for the new icons :)

Kelrugem
April 19th, 2020, 20:15
I reuploaded the full OverlayPackage with new overlays :) There is a separate version in the second post with a different set of overlay icons :)

See here for more informations: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=498537&viewfull=1#post498537

or https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=445881&viewfull=1#post445881 under Update3 to see the new overlays :)

Thanks to tahl_liadon for the new icons :)

Oh, and just in case: I didn't implement the change for FGU yet; honestly, forgot it and now I have no time anymore at the moment :D So, @raust, you may need to make your adjustment again when you want to use the new overlays :) (in case you're using that package)

In general: I will update and check my extensions for FGU when release is coming :)

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2020, 02:22
Please redownload the extensions with save versus tags in it :) I accidentally made a bad copy&paste in the last patch and broke IF and NIF effects, that should be fixed now :)

Kelrugem
July 22nd, 2020, 08:10
Please update for 3.3.11 :) Many compatibilities were added (except sadly that the IFTAG operator won't work when using rmilmine's extension, I still didn't figure that out), see more here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=528291&viewfull=1#post528291 and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=528289&viewfull=1#post528289 :)

@Raust: Thanks again for your reports :) The error messages you got in FGU should (hopefully) be gone now :)

Kelrugem
November 6th, 2020, 02:57
Now updated to 3.3.12 and also for FGU :) There are now only the overlay packages, but I have included an option to turn off the overlays :) See for this and the other new features here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50143-Save-overlay-extension-(idea-from-Ken-L)&p=554183&viewfull=1#post554183

Kelrugem
November 17th, 2020, 22:30
There was a SmiteWorks' update for 3.5e today about some bug in FGU :) Please redownload :) Zygmunt Moloch also provided compressed graphics for the blood overlays etc., making the file sizes smaller :) Thanks to Zygmunt :)

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 02:30

There is some bug fix (mainly):

1. FG got a stack overflow (a neverending code loop) when someone was at -1 to -9 HP (i.e. dying, probably different range in PF1) and had an IF: healthy (or bloodied, wounded) effect. Fixed now :)
2. IFTAG effects' effect icons are now determined by other effects in that entry (so, the IFTAG part is ignored by that, such that you do not get a lot of generic effect icons)

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 02:42
Short reupload just now; there was some mistake for StrainInjury for the fix :)

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2020, 21:43
New upload :) Thanks to bmos:

1. Some cleaning up of the code
2. There are now T and Q descriptors; they are like H but take the third and quarter, respectively :)

Kelrugem
December 14th, 2020, 02:36
Ooh, please redownload the extension; I accidentally commented out some code which made the save overlays incompatible with FGC :) (they would not erase anymore) I am sorry for this; for FGU users it seemingly still works, but better download again when you have time :)

crossbow57
January 13th, 2021, 20:24
Hey Kelrugem, Long time fan, almost first time caller...

I recently discovered this extension and love it. It really helps add the right spice to my game, so thank you for working on it.

I'm running FGU on a Mac, and I'm seeing a slight problem with the Injury box on the character sheet (see attachment) - the Injury box appears to be hidden behind another box. If I click that visible edge of the "mostly hidden" box, the injury function works, but you can't see it because it's blocked.

There seem to be two different extension branches for this variant, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the two - I've tried them both now, same issue on both.

Any suggestions?

Kelrugem
January 13th, 2021, 22:00
Hey Kelrugem, Long time fan, almost first time caller...

I recently discovered this extension and love it. It really helps add the right spice to my game, so thank you for working on it.

I'm running FGU on a Mac, and I'm seeing a slight problem with the Injury box on the character sheet (see attachment) - the Injury box appears to be hidden behind another box. If I click that visible edge of the "mostly hidden" box, the injury function works, but you can't see it because it's blocked.

There seem to be two different extension branches for this variant, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the two - I've tried them both now, same issue on both.

Any suggestions?

Hi and thanks :)

Hm, I do not have this problem. Which other extensions do you have loaded? Also make sure that you only load up to one theme and not more than one at the same time :) It looks an incompatibility with some other extension

darrenan
January 14th, 2021, 00:35
This will happen if you also have bmos' auto-HP when CON changes extension. Are you also loading that extension?

crossbow57
January 14th, 2021, 02:53
Admittedly, I've become a bit of an extension junkie for PF1e. I've got most of the greatest hits going - including the Live HP extension darrenan mentioned. I disabled that one and it seems to have cleared it up.

BLEARGH. It's like having to choose one child over another! I love them both!

Thanks for the insight, I'll try some more combos to see if I can get the mix right. All the other extensions seem to play well.

I'm using:

Remove Effect v2
Extended Language Fonts
Ammo Manager
Malady Tracker
Spell Failure
Time Manager
Total Encumbrance
Hero Points
Local Dice Tower
Drain and Permanent Bonuses
Spell Formatting
Inventory Manager
Item Durability
Has Initiative Indicator
Strain and Injury...
And normally Live HP

JUST THE ESSENTIALS, haha. The fact I haven't hit any other conflicts (that I've noticed) is pretty good... testament to the programmers, I'd say.

Kelrugem
January 14th, 2021, 12:28
Admittedly, I've become a bit of an extension junkie for PF1e. I've got most of the greatest hits going - including the Live HP extension darrenan mentioned. I disabled that one and it seems to have cleared it up.

BLEARGH. It's like having to choose one child over another! I love them both!

Thanks for the insight, I'll try some more combos to see if I can get the mix right. All the other extensions seem to play well.

I'm using:

Remove Effect v2
Extended Language Fonts
Ammo Manager
Malady Tracker
Spell Failure
Time Manager
Total Encumbrance
Hero Points
Local Dice Tower
Drain and Permanent Bonuses
Spell Formatting
Inventory Manager
Item Durability
Has Initiative Indicator
Strain and Injury...
And normally Live HP

JUST THE ESSENTIALS, haha. The fact I haven't hit any other conflicts (that I've noticed) is pretty good... testament to the programmers, I'd say.

Ah oki :D I can look at that maybe at some point when I have time again :)

crossbow57
January 14th, 2021, 18:59
Thank you - I would really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, after some extensive testing, it appears to be consistent across all the "basic" themes. Unlike extensions, I have not gone crazy with those, just usually running the Pathfinder Official theme.

The issue seems to be that the UI is drawing another number field on top of the Injury field. Injury is there, it works - it's just obscured - and yes, that seems to be a function of the way the Live HP update is laying out the fields, since it is splitting out the HP from the con bonus, etc.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Kelrugem
January 14th, 2021, 22:13
Thank you - I would really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, after some extensive testing, it appears to be consistent across all the "basic" themes. Unlike extensions, I have not gone crazy with those, just usually running the Pathfinder Official theme.

The issue seems to be that the UI is drawing another number field on top of the Injury field. Injury is there, it works - it's just obscured - and yes, that seems to be a function of the way the Live HP update is laying out the fields, since it is splitting out the HP from the con bonus, etc.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Thanks :) Yeah, I think I know what happens: Bmos places this box next to wounds and nonlethal box, but the straininjury replaces those and at least one box has now the label "injury" (also in the code), which results to, that Bmos's code does ignore the injury box for the placing :)

Kelrugem
April 25th, 2021, 23:07
Finally, a new update!! :D See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post596170 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48977-Advanced-3-5e-and-Pathfinder-effects&p=596170&viewfull=1#post596170) and especially https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...169#post596169 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=596169#post596169) :)

The alternative extensions also has now new icons by tahl_liadon :) They are also smaller now (also better for performance maybe, if you have issues)

Kelrugem
April 25th, 2021, 23:42
I accidentally uploaded an older version :) Just in case there were some quick grabbers of StrainInjury :D

Kelrugem
April 26th, 2021, 04:02
Please redownload :) I accidentally forgot to relabel a "2" to a "3" in the code which was leading to that there were no health bars anymore :D

Sorry for the problems :)

RobboNJ69
April 27th, 2021, 03:39
Hello Kelrugem,
Thank you for the update. Testing it out I'm seeing the damage overlays are only applied to PCs, not NPCs.
<see video>
https://youtu.be/hXBedDbm0K0
In the video, the first 3 were player characters; damage indicated as expected.
The next several, both 'friendly, neutral, hostile' did not show any overlay. The damage registers in the combat tracker, but the health bar does not change from the full green.
It doesn't matter if the attacker is an NPC or PC.
It doesn't matter if the damage is dragged and dropped onto the CT or the map token, or if the damage is double clicked on a token already targeted.
Spell or Melee damage makes no difference.

I updated FGU,
I tested with only "Advanced Effects and Strain and Injury" installed, downloaded today.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into maintaining these amazing extensions! Let me know if you need any more information or help testing.
Rob

Kelrugem
April 27th, 2021, 12:33
Hello Kelrugem,
Thank you for the update. Testing it out I'm seeing the damage overlays are only applied to PCs, not NPCs.
<see video>
https://youtu.be/hXBedDbm0K0
In the video, the first 3 were player characters; damage indicated as expected.
The next several, both 'friendly, neutral, hostile' did not show any overlay. The damage registers in the combat tracker, but the health bar does not change from the full green.
It doesn't matter if the attacker is an NPC or PC.
It doesn't matter if the damage is dragged and dropped onto the CT or the map token, or if the damage is double clicked on a token already targeted.
Spell or Melee damage makes no difference.

I updated FGU,
I tested with only "Advanced Effects and Strain and Injury" installed, downloaded today.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into maintaining these amazing extensions! Let me know if you need any more information or help testing.
Rob

I have fixed it, thanks a lot :) You can redownload it :) There were a lot of changes in February, and I forgot to adjust one line of code for StrainInjury :) (in the version without StrainInjury I thought about it, but here I forgot it :D)

Kelrugem
May 5th, 2021, 02:07
Please redownload, there was a strange issue with deleting NPCs from the CT who got damaged by players while a client still was connected :) (it didn't cause something bad but an annoying error message)

RobboNJ69
May 5th, 2021, 15:59
Hello,
Thank you for fixing that error.

I noticed since after the "February" update, the TDMG doesn't appear to be working.
I used my own set up, but also tried:

"Fire Shield; TDMG: d6, melee, fire"

And nothing happens. I tried it with NPCs and Players.
Updated FGU
Current version of Strain & Injury loaded today.
The only other extension active was your Advanced Effects; it didn't work with or with out that running.

Side question: Do we need Advanced Effects if we are using the current Strain/Injury Packages?

Thanks!!

Kelrugem
May 5th, 2021, 17:33
Hello,
Thank you for fixing that error.

I noticed since after the "February" update, the TDMG doesn't appear to be working.
I used my own set up, but also tried:

"Fire Shield; TDMG: d6, melee, fire"

And nothing happens. I tried it with NPCs and Players.
Updated FGU
Current version of Strain & Injury loaded today.
The only other extension active was your Advanced Effects; it didn't work with or with out that running.

Side question: Do we need Advanced Effects if we are using the current Strain/Injury Packages?

Thanks!!

What is advanced effects? That is rmilmine's extension, this is already very outdated, I think :) I had an advanced 3.5e/PF1 extension but that is part of the overlay package, so, you do not need to activate that (in fact, that extension is not available as a separate extension anymore :) )

I cannot reproduce your TDMG bug, for me it all works; can you send a screenshot and check again that you do not have any other extension activated? :) also update maybe again, and then maybe send a screenshot of what you are doing :) also make sure that you attack with a melee attack :D When you use "[melee, ranged, opportunity]" in a TDMG effect, then it only applies the damage roll after the income of a melee, ranged or opportunity attack, respectively :) It does not make the damage of TDMG to such a type :) so, a bit different than the typical DMG effect

RobboNJ69
May 5th, 2021, 18:34
Thanks for the quick reply, Kelrugem!
I was referring to your "Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder effects" extension. I tried it with and without it. Now that I know it is all part of the Strain & Injury one, I've deleted it.

For the TDMG. I found the issue. I didn't have the creature targeted. I was dragging and dropping attack dice. I didn't think that would have made a difference, but it makes sense.

Thank you for the quick help!

Rob

Kelrugem
May 5th, 2021, 18:47
Thanks for the quick reply, Kelrugem!
I was referring to your "Advanced 3.5e and Pathfinder effects" extension. I tried it with and without it. Now that I know it is all part of the Strain & Injury one, I've deleted it.

For the TDMG. I found the issue. I didn't have the creature targeted. I was dragging and dropping attack dice. I didn't think that would have made a difference, but it makes sense.

Thank you for the quick help!

Rob

Drag&drop should work, I guess, but it has to be an incoming damage not attack :) (sorry, I also accidentally wrote attack in my reply above)

Kelrugem
May 7th, 2021, 20:26
@all: Please redownload the overlay packages :) The new D tag got in conflict with DEX :) I changed D to d to resolve this :) (since it represents "divide" it fits, so, small letters for verbs) (see bottom of https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=447288&viewfull=1#post447288 if you do not know this new tag)

Thanks to Svandal for making me aware of that bug :)

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2021, 19:28
Please redownload, compatibility update for the ruleset update on Tuesday :) (it is already compatible with the lighting update from today :) if not, please let me know; due to my imminent defence of the PhD I checked the code in a hurry :) )

crossbow57
May 13th, 2021, 19:52
Hey Kel, sorry to ask this, but I just want to be sure I'm in the right place. Can you tell me exactly what package we are downloading? The trail here seems to lead me to a few different places.

Is it from the list of extensions in your signature link? Some where else?

Thank you.

Kelrugem
May 13th, 2021, 19:59
Hey Kel, sorry to ask this, but I just want to be sure I'm in the right place. Can you tell me exactly what package we are downloading? The trail here seems to lead me to a few different places.

Is it from the list of extensions in your signature link? Some where else?

Thank you.

You can either download it in the thread of my signature or in the thread of the extension you want to download :) This is the thread of the strainInjury version :) The extensions in the extension-threads are usually at the bottom of the first post :)

If you do not see the extensions to download, then you may be accidentally in the mobile mode of FG. Then scroll to the bottom and click "Full Site" (or something like this). Then you should be in the "correct" forum :)

darrenan
May 17th, 2021, 22:33
I'm getting this script error when double-clicking an NPC in the CT to open the map that it is on: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow_toolbar.lua"]:66: attempt to call field 'updateState' (a nil value)

The map that opens seems to be missing all the targeting buttons from the toolbar. Seems like their recent change to the toolbar is conflicting with this extension.

EDIT: This is with both overlay settings turned off. Turning them on doesn't seem to make any difference.

darrenan
May 17th, 2021, 22:37
Are these the only two version of Strain-Injury at this point? There isn't a version with just the advanced effects but not the overlays?

Kelrugem
May 17th, 2021, 22:59
I'm getting this script error when double-clicking an NPC in the CT to open the map that it is on: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/imagewindow_toolbar.lua"]:66: attempt to call field 'updateState' (a nil value)

The map that opens seems to be missing all the targeting buttons from the toolbar. Seems like their recent change to the toolbar is conflicting with this extension.

EDIT: This is with both overlay settings turned off. Turning them on doesn't seem to make any difference.

Do you run any other extensions? I cannot reproduce this problem :)

And no, these are the only two extensions because that is easier for me to maintain :) But it should normally work, I do not get this error. Could you test again without any other extensions? Maybe I forgot to upload the correct version here

EDIT: Also beware that I recently uploaded a new version because of the recent toolbar changes :) See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50121-StrainInjury-packages&p=599877&viewfull=1#post599877

So, if you didn't yet, then please redownload :)

darrenan
May 17th, 2021, 23:23
Yep, I feel stupid. I had an unpacked old version of CoreRPG in my rulesets folder. Nothing to see here...move along...

Kelrugem
May 17th, 2021, 23:28
Yep, I feel stupid. I had an unpacked old version of CoreRPG in my rulesets folder. Nothing to see here...move along...

ah, no worries :) Happens :D

Kelrugem
June 2nd, 2021, 02:00
I needed to update this extension because of the new ruleset update :) If you search for the extenstion with alternative icons, then please see the second post :) For whatever reason I cannot have more than one attachment in the first post anymore :D

crossbow57
June 2nd, 2021, 03:50
Kel - it is with great respect and admiration I ask this humble question - haha - have you ever thought about adding version numbers to the extensions titles you are managing? Asking for a friend...

Kelrugem
June 2nd, 2021, 12:10
Kel - it is with great respect and admiration I ask this humble question - haha - have you ever thought about adding version numbers to the extensions titles you are managing? Asking for a friend...

I actually do, but I always forget to update them :D I try to think about it next time again :)

Kelrugem
June 17th, 2021, 09:41
I reuploaded the alternative icon version :) For some reason that file was messed up which was seemingly also the reason why there were difficulties in uploading it; for example it also showed the name of the non-alternative version in the extension list etc., although I zipped it up several times it refused to take over the new images etc. :) But now it worked again :) (and now it is again in the first post)

crossbow57
June 23rd, 2021, 21:35
Using the Strain Injury with ALTERNATE ICONS kicks an error when a character hits a crit threat - at the point where it needs to roll an auto confirm roll to confirm the threat.

I do not get this error with the standard icons
capture of the error code attached.

crossbow57
June 23rd, 2021, 22:06
Update: This may not be an issue - I may be the only one on the planet that didn't understand I needed to have the Full Overlay Package extension also enabled WITH the Strain Injury extensions. I think I disabled the Overlay Package, thinking it was redundant, and then the error started showing up on threat confirms.

Anyway, re-enabled the Full Overlay package extension WITH the Strain Injury with Full Overlay Package... ha... and seems to be working as intended?

Not sure if that combo was intended, but there we are! :)

Kelrugem
June 23rd, 2021, 22:17
Update: This may not be an issue - I may be the only one on the planet that didn't understand I needed to have the Full Overlay Package extension also enabled WITH the Strain Injury extensions. I think I disabled the Overlay Package, thinking it was redundant, and then the error started showing up on threat confirms.

Anyway, re-enabled the Full Overlay package extension WITH the Strain Injury with Full Overlay Package... ha... and seems to be working as intended?

That is certainly not intended; for whatever reason the extension with alternate icons does not work anymore, I was also not able to upload it first, then the upload worked but something else failed etc.; not sure, something messed up there :)

I will reupload it soon again, I will completely redo it :) (not difficult)

Kelrugem
June 23rd, 2021, 23:31
@all: I have reuploaded the extensions :) Now the new two hotkeys in the toolbar show (patched last week or so; about player vision preview and pins on the map), that is a native feature :) I also improved compatibility with other extensions, thanks to SoxMax for the help :)

I also hope that the alternative icon version finally works again

Kelrugem
June 25th, 2021, 19:21

As a follow-up: Does the alternative version now work correctly? :) (without the need to use the Full OverlayPackage separately)

crossbow57
June 28th, 2021, 23:18
Sorry Kelrugem! Had a few days without internet there. It was a dark time.

A quick check does appear to be working as intended without Full Overlay enabled. Nice!

UPDATE: Weeeeellll spoke too soon. I tested that the wound overlays work as expected - and that is true.

But, to the nature of my initial problem, still kicking an error on a threat confirmation roll if I do not have the Full Overlay package enabled. :/ Bleh.

Now - having said that, I'm probably an extreme case and have many, many extensions going, so who knows how it's coming out. I have no trouble enabling the Full Overlay package to keep it working.

Kelrugem
June 29th, 2021, 00:26
Sorry Kelrugem! Had a few days without internet there. It was a dark time.

A quick check does appear to be working as intended without Full Overlay enabled. Nice!

UPDATE: Weeeeellll spoke too soon. I tested that the wound overlays work as expected - and that is true.

But, to the nature of my initial problem, still kicking an error on a threat confirmation roll if I do not have the Full Overlay package enabled. :/ Bleh.

Now - having said that, I'm probably an extreme case and have many, many extensions going, so who knows how it's coming out. I have no trouble enabling the Full Overlay package to keep it working.

It is likely another extension; can you test in a dummy campaign, just with StrainInjury? I just did and everything worked for me when I had a crit :) You certainly do not need the full overlaypackage, the StrainInjury contains the full overlaypackage :) (actually, the StrainInjury one should overwrite it; so, I am not sure why your "fix" works :D)

It is likely that there is some incompatibility with another extension then; StrainInjury basically changes everything, hence once needs to be extra careful if using any other extension, especially extensions related to hit point stuff :)

crossbow57
June 29th, 2021, 20:35
Yes, I'll load up something with less flavors and give that a go. I'm sure it will work just fine.

I don't say this to brag to any degree, but more to highlight the quality of the extensions provided for this system, and show others what is possible. I am not exaggerating when I say I have 35 extensions active in my PF1e game, cherry-picked from the usual suspects on the forum. Haha. Yeesh, I just counted them. 35! And not only do they all work well together, but they provide a wealth of abilities to manage the game I want to run for my players. This issue (an error on crit confirm rolls) is the ONLY error I get and I'm about 30 sessions into the game.

Not for everyone, I know - I am sure there are purists, there is upkeep to manage - but this setup has survived the last major release and still going strong. Thank you for doing such great work and making this such a robust system. I'm intimidated by the idea of going back to in-person play at this point... haha... no way I can manage all the stuff that FGU makes easy.

We have taken to calling it our favorite "Manual Video Game."

But yes, I have a problem and I'm not ashamed. It just works, and that's awesome.

Now, what I REALLY want is an extension that uses the standard "Head Scratch" icons for strain damage overlays, but then applies the alternative "Blood Splatter" icons for Injury damage on the same token! hah! Greedy.

I'll let you know how the test goes.

Kelrugem
June 29th, 2021, 20:40
Yes, I'll load up something with less flavors and give that a go. I'm sure it will work just fine.

I don't say this to brag to any degree, but more to highlight the quality of the extensions provided for this system, and show others what is possible. I am not exaggerating when I say I have 35 extensions active in my PF1e game, cherry-picked from the usual suspects on the forum. Haha. Yeesh, I just counted them. 35! And not only do they all work well together, but they provide a wealth of abilities to manage the game I want to run for my players. This issue (an error on crit confirm rolls) is the ONLY error I get and I'm about 30 sessions into the game.

Not for everyone, I know - I am sure there are purists, there is upkeep to manage - but this setup has survived the last major release and still going strong. Thank you for doing such great work and making this such a robust system. I'm intimidated by the idea of going back to in-person play at this point... haha... no way I can manage all the stuff that FGU makes easy.

We have taken to calling it our favorite "Manual Video Game."

But yes, I have a problem and I'm not ashamed. It just works, and that's awesome.

Now, what I REALLY want is an extension that uses the standard "Head Scratch" icons for strain damage overlays, but then applies the alternative "Blood Splatter" icons for Injury damage on the same token! hah! Greedy.

I'll let you know how the test goes.

Thanks for your words :)

Cool, let me know if you found the culprit :) I can then try to add some compatibility :)

Oh, and nice idea about the overlays *starts thinking* :D Though I need to think about that, especially what happens if one has strain and injury wounds at the same time :)

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2021, 00:01
Forge links: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view and https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/24/view

crossbow57
July 23rd, 2021, 22:26
**puppy dog eyes welling up with tears**

It's just... just so beautiful...

RobboNJ69
August 25th, 2021, 03:36
Hello Kelrugem, I hope things are going well! Quick question on the move to the 'Forge'... Am I correct in understanding that once I start using this extension via the Forge, I wouldn't have the ability to modify the tokens locally?

I thought I saw a thread or discussion about being able to swap out the tokens, but I can't for the life of me find it. The reason I ask is we use some variations to what come packaged. For example I don't automatically show the players the difference between Dying, Dying & Stable and Dead; so I load the same token for all three. (I make them checkout the body to determine.) We also use smaller versions of the save indicators so we can still see the tokens, etc.

Thanks in advance for the information and thank you for the hard work maintaining this AMAZING extension!
Rob

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2021, 08:21
Hello Kelrugem, I hope things are going well! Quick question on the move to the 'Forge'... Am I correct in understanding that once I start using this extension via the Forge, I wouldn't have the ability to modify the tokens locally?

I thought I saw a thread or discussion about being able to swap out the tokens, but I can't for the life of me find it. The reason I ask is we use some variations to what come packaged. For example I don't automatically show the players the difference between Dying, Dying & Stable and Dead; so I load the same token for all three. (I make them checkout the body to determine.) We also use smaller versions of the save indicators so we can still see the tokens, etc.

Thanks in advance for the information and thank you for the hard work maintaining this AMAZING extension!
Rob

Hi :) Thanks for the words :)

You still have the ability to change the extension :) The FG Updater will automatically install into your extensions subfolder, so, you can still edit it as usual then :) (the updater may also overwrite automatically any previous version, hence keep copies of your image files somewhere else, too :) just in case, then you always have these when you need to edit it again :) )

RobboNJ69
August 25th, 2021, 13:16
Hi :) Thanks for the words :)

You still have the ability to change the extension :) The FG Updater will automatically install into your extensions subfolder, so, you can still edit it as usual then :) (the updater may also overwrite automatically any previous version, hence keep copies of your image files somewhere else, too :) just in case, then you always have these when you need to edit it again :) )

You just made my day! Thank you. I was afraid it was 'packaged' like purchased tokens or content.

If you ever get bored now that your PhD work is complete ;) I'd love to put in an idea for a modifier that works against Fortification. Such as: VFORTIF: +25;
I realize that's an odd use but, I thought I'd throw it out there! Thanks again!

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2021, 13:56
You just made my day! Thank you. I was afraid it was 'packaged' like purchased tokens or content.

If you ever get bored now that your PhD work is complete ;) I'd love to put in an idea for a modifier that works against Fortification. Such as: VFORTIF: +25;
I realize that's an odd use but, I thought I'd throw it out there! Thanks again!

You're welcome :)

You mean like adding an effect which lowers the fortification? So, VFORTIF lowers the fortification of the defender? :) Do you have an example for an ability doing something like this? (An example would be nice such that I know whether or not it makes more sense that the attacker or the defender carries that effect :) If the defender should carry that effect, then I can try to allow negative values for FORTIF :) )

RobboNJ69
August 25th, 2021, 15:12
You're welcome :)

You mean like adding an effect which lowers the fortification? So, VFORTIF lowers the fortification of the defender? :) Do you have an example for an ability doing something like this? (An example would be nice such that I know whether or not it makes more sense that the attacker or the defender carries that effect :) If the defender should carry that effect, then I can try to allow negative values for FORTIF :) )

VFORTIF would be something the attacker would have, as in a special function on a magic weapon. The 'super=special' magic sword lowers Fortification by XX%. Similar to a modifier adding a bonus to confirm the crit. Thank you!

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2021, 16:11
VFORTIF would be something the attacker would have, as in a special function on a magic weapon. The 'super=special' magic sword lowers Fortification by XX%. Similar to a modifier adding a bonus to confirm the crit. Thank you!

I see, so, a bit like in DDO (Dungeons&Dragons Online) :D I try to add it :) I may need to update my extensions because of 4.1.5 which just got pushed; a good opportunity to look at that, too :)

RobboNJ69
August 25th, 2021, 16:27
I see, so, a bit like in DDO (Dungeons&Dragons Online) :D I try to add it :) I may need to update my extensions because of 4.1.5 which just got pushed; a good opportunity to look at that, too :)

You are awesome! Thanks! As much as I love the core FantasyGrounds software, your extensions (and others) really put the icing on the cake!

Rob

Kelrugem
August 25th, 2021, 18:02
You are awesome! Thanks! As much as I love the core FantasyGrounds software, your extensions (and others) really put the icing on the cake!

Rob

thanks for the words :D

Evilthorne
November 3rd, 2021, 23:03
Hello,

First off let me say thank you for all your hard work. I would love to be able to help out more and code some of these extensions for the community but alas I lack that skill and time for now. I installed your Feature: StrainInjury plus extended automation overlays into my campaign and had some issues. Namely this error.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"];680: attempt to concatenate local 'nAdditionalDefenseForCC'(a nil value)

Kelrugem
November 3rd, 2021, 23:14
Hello,

First off let me say thank you for all your hard work. I would love to be able to help out more and code some of these extensions for the community but alas I lack that skill and time for now. I installed your Feature: StrainInjury plus extended automation overlays into my campaign and had some issues. Namely this error.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"];680: attempt to concatenate local 'nAdditionalDefenseForCC'(a nil value)

I cannot reproduce this error; how did you create this? :) Do you have any other extensions loaded? If yes, can you test without the other extensions, too? (EDIT: I see in your logs that you used other extensions; so, it may be that my extension is incompatible with someone else's. Maybe with better combat effects by rhagelstrom)

Also: In case you use FG unity, then use the version from the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view :) If you use the version attached here in the forums, then you may get an error, I am not sure; the version in the forum is only for FG classic :)

Evilthorne
November 3rd, 2021, 23:56
I cannot reproduce this error; how did you create this? :) Do you have any other extensions loaded? If yes, can you test without the other extensions, too? (EDIT: I see in your logs that you used other extensions; so, it may be that my extension is incompatible with someone else's. Maybe with better combat effects by rhagelstrom)

Also: In case you use FG unity, then use the version from the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view :) If you use the version attached here in the forums, then you may get an error, I am not sure; the version in the forum is only for FG classic :)

So I tried it just with your extension and no issue, I also got your extension from the forge originally.
2) I tried your ext and the Better Combat effects. no problem
3)the above plus Advanced Effects = no problem
4) all above plus extended AC bonus types = We have a winner!
5)Just yours and extended AC bonus type = still the problem persists.

Does this help?

Evilthorne
November 4th, 2021, 00:31
Actually I just realized I should have tried just the extended ac type and see what happens…duh.

Also this happens when you roll in your critical threat range during a melee attack. It stops the program from auto rolling the confirm as well.

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2021, 08:48
Ah, I see, thanks for the work :)

Can you try to redownload the extended AC bonus type extension to see whether there are still any errors?

I recall that there was such an error, but bmos fixed it, I think :) Or did you get this one from the forge, too? I can report it in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68129-Extended-Natural-and-Armor-AC-Bonus-Types-Extension if you want :)

PS: Sorry for late answer, I went to bed in that time :D

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2021, 08:51

Just a short notice that I did not forget this :) My life is just still a bit troublesome (still waiting for Taiwan's borders to open such that I can move to my new flat; in the meantime I have to sleep at friends' etc. which does not really allow me to code a lot) :D

Evilthorne
November 5th, 2021, 22:12
Just a short notice that I did not forget this :) My life is just still a bit troublesome (still waiting for Taiwan's borders to open such that I can move to my new flat; in the meantime I have to sleep at friends' etc. which does not really allow me to code a lot) :D

Oh not at all, I am super busy as well and have not had time to follow up on your requests either. But I will so that we can get to the bottom of this which will probably firmly point at what I am doing wrong!

Good Luck with your move and everything! Some pretty crazy stuff going on over there to say the least.

Asgurgolas
November 6th, 2021, 11:52
still waiting for Taiwan's borders to open such that I can move to my new flat

So that means your extensions will all become "Made in Taiwan"?

Kelrugem
November 7th, 2021, 00:32
Oh not at all, I am super busy as well and have not had time to follow up on your requests either. But I will so that we can get to the bottom of this which will probably firmly point at what I am doing wrong!

Good Luck with your move and everything! Some pretty crazy stuff going on over there to say the least.

Thanks for the words :) And surely no hurry in looking into your incompatibility issue :)

(Funnily, now I had a short amount of time such that I was able to add some nice additions/code from RabidPaladin :) Will be uploaded soon hopefully, once I have done everything else :) )

So that means your extensions will all become "Made in Taiwan"?

hehe, in some sense yes :D

Kelrugem
January 10th, 2022, 23:23
New update :) See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=634997&viewfull=1#post634997 and the following post :)

Kelrugem
January 23rd, 2022, 01:29
New update! :)

Evasion and Improved Evasion now also show up in the effects' window as effects buttons; the effects' window is accessible in the upper right of the sidebar :)

Compatibility patch for advanced effects by Bmos and Rmilmine :) (Thanks to Bmos for suggesting some compatibility codes :) )

Also big thanks to SoxMax :) I am very happy to say that extended automation is now the first extension supporting the effect builder by SoxMax :) See here for information about the effect builder: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/457/view. That is, the effects of this extension will also show up in the effect builder if you also loaded the effect builder plus the plugin for 3.5E/PF1 (see the link about the effect builder for more information about the needed plugin). This is solely made by SoxMax, I just merged his suggestions for the code into the extension :D

Kelrugem
April 9th, 2022, 20:51
New update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=646887&viewfull=1#post646887 :)

Kelrugem
September 8th, 2022, 17:44
@All StrainInjury users: If you can, do not yet update FGU :) I will certainly need more time for updating this extension to align with the newest FGU update :) Sorry for the inconvenience

Kelrugem
September 10th, 2022, 08:36
@All StrainInjury users: If you can, do not yet update FGU :) I will certainly need more time for updating this extension to align with the newest FGU update :) Sorry for the inconvenience

No problem anymore by the way, I figured out the new structure of the wound stuff in the CT :)

crossbow57
October 18th, 2022, 20:08
Bold as I was to get my hands on some dice skins - looks like the new update breaks strain/injury. Probably not a surprise, just giving a similar shout about this update.
Newest Unity (4.3?) using PF1e ruleset.

Kelrugem
October 19th, 2022, 04:00
Bold as I was to get my hands on some dice skins - looks like the new update breaks strain/injury. Probably not a surprise, just giving a similar shout about this update.
Newest Unity (4.3?) using PF1e ruleset.

It was actually a surprise for me, hehe, I thought this update will be safe for me :D

I try to fix it as soon as possible :)

Kelrugem
October 21st, 2022, 12:49
Ah, also here: I pushed an update; so everything should hopefully be okay now :)

RobboNJ69
October 24th, 2022, 13:59
Ah, also here: I pushed an update; so everything should hopefully be okay now :)

Thank you!

Kelrugem
February 19th, 2023, 14:54
Oh, I forgot to push the January update of the one non-alternative icon version :) Now pushed it, sorry for the delay, totally forgot to set it to live :D (but the alternative version was gladly up-to-date all the time :) )

Kelrugem
February 28th, 2023, 09:39
Also a reminder here: I pushed a new update for the StrainInjury variants :) Check my central thread, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=679436&viewfull=1#post679436 and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions&p=679628&viewfull=1#post679628 :)
(now these extensions should be fully compatible with everything again, I hope :D)

crossbow57
February 28th, 2023, 21:11
Dear Kelrugem -

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this extension (specifically for use in PF1e)? Because I do. It makes the game flow so much better for my group, and is so much easier to wield (I find) over the wound/strain alt rules. Thank you, thank you for bringing this into FGU and maintaining it.

Does an adoring fan-ship and appreciation for your work entitle me to a wish list item? Haha. Probably not, but I will soldier on. I simply WISH there could be a "Current Total HP" field that was in the display somewhere. Adding the boxes together in the midst of combat can be tricky. But it is a limited wish - I am pleased as punch to have it as-is and working alongside the ridiculous amount of other extensions I use on the platform. It just hums right along.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2023, 04:02
Dear Kelrugem -

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this extension (specifically for use in PF1e)? Because I do. It makes the game flow so much better for my group, and is so much easier to wield (I find) over the wound/strain alt rules. Thank you, thank you for bringing this into FGU and maintaining it.

Does an adoring fan-ship and appreciation for your work entitle me to a wish list item? Haha. Probably not, but I will soldier on. I simply WISH there could be a "Current Total HP" field that was in the display somewhere. Adding the boxes together in the midst of combat can be tricky. But it is a limited wish - I am pleased as punch to have it as-is and working alongside the ridiculous amount of other extensions I use on the platform. It just hums right along.

Thanks for your words, I appreciate them :o

About your wish: I think Bmos already added that :D See https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/19/view :) As far as I know it is also compatible with StrainInjury :)

crossbow57
March 1st, 2023, 08:16
About your wish: I think Bmos already added that :D See https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/19/view :) As far as I know it is also compatible with StrainInjury :)

Oh yes, I know "Live Hitpoints" quite well - another of my favorites, and Bmos does some excellent work. But I have not found it to do this particular behavior - at least not when running Strain/Injury in combo. And of course I just shut down my server before I could do a grab - but Live HP definitely does a lot that I enjoy in tracking ability damage effects to just keeping track of how we arrived at the HP total to begin with - but as far as I can tell, it only "displays" the affected Maximum HP total - that Maximum total will update live, but - again, going from memory for the moment - I think Strain/Injury updates the "Wounds" base field to include one for Strain and one for Injury... which it tracks together in relation to the Maximum HP total value for overall health, but there is no display of the current total of HP.

It's MAX HP - Temp HP - Strain - Injury

So to quickly work out a character's health, one has to add together the Strain and Injury totals, then compare that against the Max. That added step of math will make my eyes cross in the midst of a fight.

Even a field that combined the Strain and Injury values together into a total of damage would be helpful, if that makes sense - not requiring the further step of then subtracting that wound total from the Max HP to give "Current HP"... but I mean... dream big!

It's a minor annoyance that can - ahem - add up, but nothing that keeps me up at night.

Kelrugem
March 1st, 2023, 10:47
Oh yes, I know "Live Hitpoints" quite well - another of my favorites, and Bmos does some excellent work. But I have not found it to do this particular behavior - at least not when running Strain/Injury in combo. And of course I just shut down my server before I could do a grab - but Live HP definitely does a lot that I enjoy in tracking ability damage effects to just keeping track of how we arrived at the HP total to begin with - but as far as I can tell, it only "displays" the affected Maximum HP total - that Maximum total will update live, but - again, going from memory for the moment - I think Strain/Injury updates the "Wounds" base field to include one for Strain and one for Injury... which it tracks together in relation to the Maximum HP total value for overall health, but there is no display of the current total of HP.

It's MAX HP - Temp HP - Strain - Injury

So to quickly work out a character's health, one has to add together the Strain and Injury totals, then compare that against the Max. That added step of math will make my eyes cross in the midst of a fight.

Even a field that combined the Strain and Injury values together into a total of damage would be helpful, if that makes sense - not requiring the further step of then subtracting that wound total from the Max HP to give "Current HP"... but I mean... dream big!

It's a minor annoyance that can - ahem - add up, but nothing that keeps me up at night.

Aaah, now I understand, you mean "current HP" in literally currently in the fight :D I fought of the current maximum HP :)

Oki, that is certainly also a reasonable wish I see here and there :) I certainly will think about it, but it may not come so soon :) (I finally start running a game on 11/12 March for my birthday, my first campaign for FGU and first campaign since over 3 years :D So, I will focus first preparing that first session and then I hope to have more time again to look at the extensions :) )

crossbow57
March 1st, 2023, 17:01
Oki, that is certainly also a reasonable wish I see here and there :) I certainly will think about it, but it may not come so soon :) (I finally start running a game on 11/12 March for my birthday, my first campaign for FGU and first campaign since over 3 years :D So, I will focus first preparing that first session and then I hope to have more time again to look at the extensions :) )

At the risk of spamming everyone watching this thread, I'm sure we all wish you a great birthday and a great game kickoff. If you need any extension recommendations for your game... haha... I'm sure you know people. Have a blast!

Kelrugem
March 3rd, 2023, 04:45
At the risk of spamming everyone watching this thread, I'm sure we all wish you a great birthday and a great game kickoff. If you need any extension recommendations for your game... haha... I'm sure you know people. Have a blast!

Hehe, thank you :D Yeah, I have many extensions loaded, hopefully all compatible :D

Kelrugem
January 20th, 2024, 11:09
Sooo, finally a compatibility update with the newest version of FGU! :) I also added a code provided by ryan/rhagelstrom for compatibility with his turbo extension :) (sorry for the delay about the latter, I totally forgot that one)

Kelrugem
January 20th, 2024, 14:30
Two small hotfixes :) (for StrainInjury an extra hotfix)

Kelrugem
January 21st, 2024, 10:38
Just a heads-up: Currently there is an incompatibility with the extension CoreRPG Combat Highlighter. It causes an error when opening the CT with PCs for the first time or when adding PCs :) I think it does not cause any harm and one can ignore it, but I hope I will be able to resolve this issue by looking into the Combat Highlighter extension

RobboNJ69
January 21st, 2024, 16:03
Just a heads-up: Currently there is an incompatibility with the extension CoreRPG Combat Highlighter.
We saw the error window popping up. I noticed it shows this line:

[1/21/2024 11:00:14 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "3.5E:ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:33: attempt to index global 'nonlethal' (a nil value)

Once for each character pre-loaded in the party sheet. I hope that helps.

Kelrugem
January 21st, 2024, 23:30
We saw the error window popping up. I noticed it shows this line:

[1/21/2024 11:00:14 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "3.5E:ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:33: attempt to index global 'nonlethal' (a nil value)

Once for each character pre-loaded in the party sheet. I hope that helps.

indeed, that is the one error I also saw when loaded together with the Combat Highlighter :) Or do you get the error also when just loading the StrainInjury version?

I think I know how to solve this particular issue, will test later :)

RobboNJ69
January 21st, 2024, 23:44
Or do you get the error also when just loading the StrainInjury version?

I just loaded the StrainInjury without Combat Highlighter and the error went away.

Kelrugem
January 22nd, 2024, 00:06
I just loaded the StrainInjury without Combat Highlighter and the error went away.

Thanks for the confirmation :) Then I have an idea how to solve it, I think

RobboNJ69
January 22nd, 2024, 00:09
Looks like the issue does impact game play - but only with both extensions loaded. When Combat Highlighter is active, damage is not being added to a target token's damage fields (strain or injury). Also, the damage indicators (dying, dead, moderate, heavy, etc.) are not showing on the map tokens.

When you open the game back up after disabling C.H., all the correct damage indicators and hit point damage shows.

I hope that helps!

Kelrugem
January 22nd, 2024, 00:21
Looks like the issue does impact game play - but only with both extensions loaded. When Combat Highlighter is active, damage is not being added to a target token's damage fields (strain or injury). Also, the damage indicators (dying, dead, moderate, heavy, etc.) are not showing on the map tokens.

When you open the game back up after disabling C.H., all the correct damage indicators and hit point damage shows.

I hope that helps!

I see, thank you :) I will test around a bit and hopefully solve that :)

Kelrugem
January 28th, 2024, 06:20
So, I just uploaded a new version which should hopefully be compatible with the Combat Highlighter again :)

Kelrugem
March 19th, 2024, 16:16
Sooo, finally the StrainInjury extension is updated! Now the extended automation extensions and the StrainInjury variants are hopefully compatible with FG again, thanks a lot for your patience :)

Sorry for the long waiting period, was a bad timing that I was on long holidays while the stuff with the patch was tested and then rolled out :D Then writing applications and so on

Thanks to mattekure for his help with the toolbar, and to Moon Wizard for a sample code regarding the toolbar :) Also thanks to Soxmax for (dis)advantage effects for skills which I will soon explain here (but right now I am hurrying to bed)

RobboNJ69
March 19th, 2024, 18:22
Thank you for the update Kel!

RobboNJ69
April 2nd, 2024, 01:36
Sooo, finally a compatibility update with the newest version of FGU! :) I also added a code provided by ryan/rhagelstrom for compatibility with his turbo extension :) (sorry for the delay about the latter, I totally forgot that one)

Hello Kel, I hope all is well. Question on the forum posts for your extensions... On January 20th, you posted the above '...newest version of FGU!'. But the first post of this thread says "This is for FG Classic!..."

Not nit-picking, just trying to understand which forum I should be looking at for the FGU version.

On a related note, perhaps you can add an "Updated On X/XX/2024" to the beginning of the first posts like this one:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions

That would make it easier to know when you make an update to that thread since the post date still shows 2019.

Either way, thank you again for the work that goes into making this awesome extension! -Rob

Kelrugem
April 2nd, 2024, 09:07
Hello Kel, I hope all is well. Question on the forum posts for your extensions... On January 20th, you posted the above '...newest version of FGU!'. But the first post of this thread says "This is for FG Classic!..."

Not nit-picking, just trying to understand which forum I should be looking at for the FGU version.

On a related note, perhaps you can add an "Updated On X/XX/2024" to the beginning of the first posts like this one:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50895-Kelrugem-s-extensions

That would make it easier to know when you make an update to that thread since the post date still shows 2019.

Either way, thank you again for the work that goes into making this awesome extension! -Rob

Ah, I totally understand the confusion :) I will think about how to handle that; thanks for your suggestions :)

(if I forgot to adjust that, then just keep reminding me :D)