PDA

View Full Version : Brand New to D&D

Nafcerion
July 23rd, 2019, 08:38
Good Day fellow adventurers.:p

I am completely new to tabletop adventures (D&D) .. and i was looking at this site to really get started and get going with my first character.

I would love if someone could show me the ropes on the Demo version of this game, so i can actually play a bit before purchasing the full app.

As for D&D it self.. i only have the starter kit IRL, but no one i know want s to try it out? so if i can do it online, ill be very happy.

Feel free to email me or reply to this thread if you can help :) i'm in South Africa, so play times, have to be discussed.

As a side note, i'm not totally useless in RPG's, i have played a lot of classic games on PC and get the general just of what to do. :)

thanks in advance,
your noob warrior, Nafcerion

Yehudah
July 23rd, 2019, 09:47
the only advice I can give you for some degree of experience would to play Baldur's Gate 1 (and maybe 2) for AD&D and/or Neverwinter Nights 2, for 3.5. 3.5 i believe is fairly close to 5th edition. This si the best advice i can offers, as I'm learning myself, while trying tyo build my own prototype adventure. If you would like to talk rpivately, feel free to PM me. I use skype and discord. tho I do prefer the latter.

ReverendJ
July 23rd, 2019, 10:23
You should probably post in the LFG forum. For game times you should be able to join any UK or Western Europe sessions

Nafcerion
July 23rd, 2019, 10:28
the only advice I can give you for some degree of experience would to play Baldur's Gate 1 (and maybe 2) for AD&D and/or Neverwinter Nights 2, for 3.5. 3.5 i believe is fairly close to 5th edition. This si the best advice i can offers, as I'm learning myself, while trying tyo build my own prototype adventure. If you would like to talk rpivately, feel free to PM me. I use skype and discord. tho I do prefer the latter.

thanks for the reply man, my Discord name is Nafcerion#7876 if you wanna add me. id love to hear more from you

Nafcerion
July 23rd, 2019, 10:30
You should probably post in the LFG forum. For game times you should be able to join any UK or Western Europe sessions

yeah that makes sense... ill add a post on LFG :o :o

GunnarGreybeard
July 23rd, 2019, 10:42
If no one has mentioned it, I would also recommend checking out Fantasy Grounds College (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!).

Yehudah
July 23rd, 2019, 11:17
If no one has mentioned it, I would also recommend checking out Fantasy Grounds College (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40020-Join-Fantasy-Grounds-College-Learn-Fantasy-Grounds-learn-D-amp-D-and-then-play!).

I mean to get to that. I ahven't been able to get any sleep.

@NacfernameIcan'tspell
I sent an invite.

Herb
August 2nd, 2019, 06:24
Hi Nafcerion

I'd also recommend you pop in to FG College - in my opinion, it's the best place to start learning how to use Fantasy Grounds to play DnD.
Also recommed you have a look for FG on youtube - there are hundreds of active channels with people talking about DnD5E and Fantasy Grounds.
There are many youtube videos which show you how to go through Character creation on FG.

Have fun.