PDA

View Full Version : An Introduction

Helios1001
October 7th, 2006, 13:46
Hello

New to the FG community and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Justin and I'm from Nottingham in the UK.

I am an experienced roleplayer who began playing in the 1980's with games like D+D, Traveller, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun and others to numerous to mention. I gave up playing tabletop in the mid 90's when my last group finally went their seperate ways and spent most of the intervening time playing computer rpgs, strategy games and more recently mmorpgs.

I became increasingly bored with the lack of flexibility of mmos and searching for new gaming experiences came across fantasy grounds and was instantly hooked by the idea of playing rpgs with players in diverse locations and purchased a full license.

I'm an experienced GM and have access to to the 3 D+D 3.5 core rulebooks, but at the moment am looking to begin as a player to gain experience of the d20 system and FG with a view to running games myself eventually.

Hope to see you in game.

Regards.

Justin

Schneebrunser
October 10th, 2006, 03:55
Hello! My background is very similar. I enjoyed tabletop RPG years ago. I have enjoyed computer games, but have also found them limited. My situation is that I work evenings and have time in the mornings. UK time evenings is when I would have opportunity to play. I am new to FG myself. I am trying to put a campaign together. I also would like to start as a player, but would be open to running the campaign that I am cobbling together.

Jason Gackle

skybluerob
October 10th, 2006, 10:03
Welcome Jason,

Excellent, another UK player.

I'm quite new to both D&D and FG, but when I progress to a capable stage, I'll be happy to run a full D&D campaign.

Rob.

sunbeam60
October 10th, 2006, 17:37
Hey Helios! Welcome to the party!

Schneebrunser
October 10th, 2006, 18:23
It would be great to put a group together. Perhaps the people who are on this thread could find a day and time that would work best, then we could start a campaign. Fridays would probably work best for me. 10 AM - 1 PM Seattle Pacific Daylight time translates to 1800-2100 GMT I believe. Would that work for anyone?

Stuart
October 10th, 2006, 19:37
Welcome aboard gentlemen - I think Skybluerob is putting together an introductory campaign ... I'm running a game on Saturday and possibly have a slot or two open. I'm looking for someone to take over this slot eventually and let me play !

mrbyte
October 10th, 2006, 19:41
Well i'm very knew to FG as well (never played) but I have a license and I ready to give it a go!
new to D20 (though played a lot of D&D back in the late 70s and early eighties, also played a lot of other systems) but I would love to get involved with something
I have the PHB and the DMHB for 3.0
I will look to running something in the future for now I want to cut my teeth on the players side of the screen.
I'm in the UK
Steve

mrbyte
October 10th, 2006, 19:44
Welcome aboard gentlemen - I think Skybluerob is putting together an introductory campaign ... I'm running a game on Saturday and possibly have a slot or two open. I'm looking for someone to take over this slot eventually and let me play !

I would be very interested depending on the time
is there a place still open and could you send me some details
Steve

Schneebrunser
October 10th, 2006, 20:21
I'm very interested, I have the full license, but I am limited to M-F, no time on weekends. Is there any interest in playing evenings UK time M-F? I will host or would love to be a player which ever works better.

Stuart
October 10th, 2006, 21:00
I run Thursday and Friday but at the moment these sessions are full.:(

mrbyte
October 10th, 2006, 22:02
Ok....got a little confused when you said this.....

So your not running a game Saturday? :confused:

Stuart
October 11th, 2006, 02:02
I run four sessions:
Thursday - lvl 2/3 , currently 7 players (full) and part of core campaign - been going for about 7 sessions.
Friday - lvl 9, currently 7 players (full) and part of core campaign - been going for almost 75 sessions (or so).
Saturday - lvl 2, currently 4 confirmed players (Slayveen, Doodec, Thiha and Helios) plus two players creating characters but yet to join (Dark Star and Chrystallis) and thus one slot definately open (mrbyte - sent you a PM) - NOT part of core campaign and been going for 4 sessions.
Sunday - lvl 9, currently 7 players (full) and part of core campaign - been going for almost 80 (or so) sessions.

Hope this clears it up.;)