PDA

View Full Version : time zones

killay
October 6th, 2006, 11:01
Hi there,

Isn't there anyone who has problems with timezones? Well I do...
SO for the people who has some problems I've found a simple time zone converter:

TimeZone converter online (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

If there is anyone who can supply this thrad with some great site like a datepicker wich would be much easier to set up a playing date. please do.

Thx,
Peter:D
NB: May I proudly present post° 5000 :p

Dalagad
October 7th, 2006, 02:08
I usually double click my computer's clock, then select Time Zones, then hit the drop down arrow to get a list. This list is in chronological order and helps a bit sometimes. Be careful not to hit Apply or OK if you select any time zone other than your actual one.

The main problem I have had with time zones is that the Calander page seems to set them at one hour off for some reason. I know I am not the only one to experience this problem. Other than that, the Calander page works well enough for setting play times and getting rsvp's.

I'd like to see a seperate Calander page just for pick-up games. It'd be nice if several of us suddenly find some free time and would like to play. It's a good way to allow DM's the chance to easily get pick-up games going to test portions of a module, their communications systems, the and playablility of newly created maps, etc....

DarkStar
October 7th, 2006, 10:33
The main problem I have had with time zones is that the Calander page seems to set them at one hour off for some reason.

Campaign Calendar times are set to DM's time zone (or to be more exact: the one he picked). There should be a field to choose player's time zone and the Calendar should display both dates - DM's and player's (ie. mine), so that it would reduce the player headache. ;)

Ram Tyr
October 7th, 2006, 10:49
Possibly, the calendar does not take into account day light savings time. Depending on when the DM selected his time zone, the calendar may never discount the hour or get it back. Just a thought.

I always use the timezone converter when discussing times with people on the internet. I also always try to remember to discuss times in GMT, since in my experience, it is the universal time that everyone that has worldwide timezone issues uses.

Later.
Ramza

killay
October 8th, 2006, 10:54
well if everyone uses GMT times it would be much easier for everybody.

Verdauga
October 10th, 2006, 04:43
Pacific Time = GMT -8
Mountain Time = GMT -7
Central Time = GMT -6
Eastern Time = GMT -5

Thats the continental USA at least, for reference for anybody, of course daylight savings time makes it a pain, have to remember to change the number one closer to 0 (ie -8 becomes -7).