PDA

View Full Version : Long time coming, 1.0.10 is being sent to TEST

MadBeardMan
July 14th, 2019, 18:59
Greetings All,

Apologies for the length of time between updates, an awful lot going on in my life that limits the time I can spend doing what I love doing, coding for FG.

Due to some of those life issues being away I've hidden myself away and finished up the PSI stuff.

In this update, the PSI Talents in the Actions Tab have been updated. You'll see a COST field just before the TOTAL. This is the PSI Strength cost.

You'll also notice a Magnifying Glass next to the Total. If you click this you'll see a Damage Field will show. In here you can enter any Damage Dice, ie 1d6 or 2d6, if you don't enter in a Damage Type then 'Psionic' damage type is applied.

Phew.

So it's going off in a few minutes to FG, and it'll be in Test. Busy week coming for me (last week of school though), so let's see what else I can do, though need to get some more work done on VtM as that's dreadfully close.

Griffian
July 16th, 2019, 00:28
Glad to hear that you've had a brief break from the life issues, and I hope it continues to go that way for you!
I've been checking in on your progress on this module the last few months, I was wondering with PSI in testing phase are we still looking at a summer release date for the new mongoose edition?
Can't wait to play in the new Unity engine with my group we haven't been able to play in person for a couple years now!

LordNanoc
July 17th, 2019, 19:23
Okaaayyy...

First of all: welcome back! Happy to hear, that life dials down a bit for you again.

Secondly, I am testing, so here it comes... :D

Adding PSI Abilities, adds the appropriate actions. So far so good.
Deleting the abilities don't delete the actions (yet?). That would be nice to have.

Adding cost works. If the attack roll fails, one PSI strength point is taken anyways. If the roll succeeds, the cost is substracted at the amount entered into the field. Well done.
One thing that just entered my mind is, if the PSI Stat is reduced by the cost of usage, wouldn't this influence the DM? Not sure if I am wrong here...
Also it seems, that the cost doesn't have any effect on any roll. I probably need to check this in the rules again, but is there any "use" of the cost other than to extend the range?
Anyways, overstraining yourself (cost higher than rest of psi power) takes damage to endurance. This works fine again.

I tested the damage roll and entered "1d6 psionic" as a damage value. The roll resulted in an error in the console. Error text was "Script Error: [string "ability_damage"]:1: attempt to call field 'actionDamage'(a nil value)"
Same error shows, if I remove "psionic" and leave 1d6 as value in the damage field.
Same error shows, if I enter "1d6 kinetic" ...

Therefore I can't seem to make any damage with this...

So far my first tests. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your work, MBM

Ardem
July 22nd, 2019, 02:00
I am not huge fan of the PSI abilities so looking forward to the next update. I am hoping more automation for combat, so it works faster, or stuff around spaceship combat.

MadBeardMan
August 3rd, 2019, 15:52
I am not huge fan of the PSI abilities so looking forward to the next update. I am hoping more automation for combat, so it works faster, or stuff around spaceship combat.

Ship Combat - yea, that would be nice, still waiting on Starfinder (but I've been allowed to see the code as is)... PSI isn't a huge thing in my games, but I wanted very basic support for it.

MadBeardMan
August 3rd, 2019, 15:55
Okaaayyy...

First of all: welcome back! Happy to hear, that life dials down a bit for you again.

Secondly, I am testing, so here it comes... :D

Adding PSI Abilities, adds the appropriate actions. So far so good.
Deleting the abilities don't delete the actions (yet?). That would be nice to have.

Adding cost works. If the attack roll fails, one PSI strength point is taken anyways. If the roll succeeds, the cost is substracted at the amount entered into the field. Well done.
One thing that just entered my mind is, if the PSI Stat is reduced by the cost of usage, wouldn't this influence the DM? Not sure if I am wrong here...
Also it seems, that the cost doesn't have any effect on any roll. I probably need to check this in the rules again, but is there any "use" of the cost other than to extend the range?
Anyways, overstraining yourself (cost higher than rest of psi power) takes damage to endurance. This works fine again.

I tested the damage roll and entered "1d6 psionic" as a damage value. The roll resulted in an error in the console. Error text was "Script Error: [string "ability_damage"]:1: attempt to call field 'actionDamage'(a nil value)"
Same error shows, if I remove "psionic" and leave 1d6 as value in the damage field.
Same error shows, if I enter "1d6 kinetic" ...

Therefore I can't seem to make any damage with this...

So far my first tests. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your work, MBM

First, thanks for testing!

Odd that the psionic damage type errors, I've tested it and no error, it reduces the damage as expected :(

Will email you....

GunbunnyFuFu
August 5th, 2019, 17:47
I'd love to see the MGT 2300 AD specific stuff show up one of these days...semi-armor piercing and armor piercing rounds, mainly. That's my wish list.\

GBFF

MadBeardMan
August 5th, 2019, 17:48
I'd love to see the MGT 2300 AD specific stuff show up one of these days...semi-armor piercing and armor piercing rounds, mainly. That's my wish list.\

GBFF

It's being added, couldn't get it working as an extension, and just for you GBFF!

MadBeardMan
August 5th, 2019, 17:50
Folks,

Sent over to SW today, hope to see it in test tomorrow.

[FIXED] Added the PSI scripts for the damage! (That was the error)
[UPDATED] Changed the MAP scale to 1.5m per square (as per the rules)

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
August 5th, 2019, 17:50
Excellent. My thanks!

GBFF

MadBeardMan
August 5th, 2019, 17:53
Excellent. My thanks!

GBFF

No worries and there's a new version of 2300AD on the Horizon..... guess what I'll be doing soon (I hope!).

Currently working on adding the Boon/Bane to dice rolls.

Cheers,
MBM

GunbunnyFuFu
August 5th, 2019, 17:54
I'll be interested in seeing what MGT2 brings to 2300 AD! Thanks for your efforts!

GBFF

LordNanoc
August 5th, 2019, 18:30
Folks,

Sent over to SW today, hope to see it in test tomorrow.

[FIXED] Added the PSI scripts for the damage! (That was the error)
[UPDATED] Changed the MAP scale to 1.5m per square (as per the rules)

Cheers,
MBM

Hey, grand master! You did it. The damage works now.

I also had some issues with my campaign files (and additionally with my laptop after the last Win10 Update).
Sorted all of it out now.

Still not sure, how the "cost" is calculated in an attack. Doesn't seem to have any effect on attack or damage. The rules seem to just use the cost in conjunction with range (higher range, higher cost), but that seems more like something for difficulty, doesn't it?
Maybe I'm just a bit confused...

Anyway, good work!

MadBeardMan
August 5th, 2019, 18:38
Lordy!

You are correct the PSI DM is based on the current PSI score 'making each PSI action more difficult', darn. I'll look at fixing it this week, just sooooooo busy on 2E, it's THAT close.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
August 17th, 2019, 21:00
Just pushed some more changes.

[Fixed] Adding a Weapon to the Equipment Tab will show the Ammo Count if you've already looked at the Actions Tab
[Fixed] Removing a PSI Talent will remove all of those Talents Abilities in the Action Tab

This will go live on Tuesday hopefully.

Cheers,
MBM

ianmward
August 18th, 2019, 01:43
Whilst you’re at it.. if you double click the total dice on a psi talent in the psi talent list of the char sheet, it gives a console error... I’m not sure if it makes sense being able to roll the talents like that anyway, but still.

MadBeardMan
August 18th, 2019, 11:55
Whilst you’re at it.. if you double click the total dice on a psi talent in the psi talent list of the char sheet, it gives a console error... I’m not sure if it makes sense being able to roll the talents like that anyway, but still.

Morning Chap,

Cheers for that, errors in 1E but not in 2E. I'll sort it.

[Fixed] An error when rolling a Talent (as has no direct cost)

Pushed to James for release this week.

MBM

Ardem
August 21st, 2019, 07:46
Awesome 1.5m thats great.