PDA

View Full Version : Creating and using category tabs

Ged
October 5th, 2006, 04:56
I love how the tokens can be organized by placing them into subfolders in the FG folders. They show up in sub-bags in the counter box. Great idea.
I would like to see that same idea used with how the images are organized in the image list. Currently they are alphabetized and make for a long list. I find it annoying having to scroll through the list looking for what I need. Is there any way to allow the DM to place pictures in subfolders like the tokens so the file names show up in organized subfolders and not just alphabetized?

Already in the current version you have the ability to organize maps and images (as well as story pages, items and personalities) in cateogries or tabs as they are usually called. It's an "in-game" methods. I'll elaborate a bit how you can use them: :D

Open up the Maps & Images list. On the bottom of the list there is a "bookmark" looking graphics below the magnifying glass. Right click on the "bookmark" and select the topmost option called "add new group". This creates an additional category (i.e. tab).

You can then customize the tab by name, colour and graphics: name you can drag from e.g. by starting chat input and instead of hitting enter, dragging the text on the tab. Colour and symbol are changed by "cycle style" and "cycle icon" from the radial menu of the newly created (or existing) tab.

To move entries into the new tab, just drag the "drag symbol" (i.e. the symbol before the name of the Map/Image) onto the desired tab, or create them there to begin with.

Hope this was what you asked about ;)