PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error: Unable to save file(C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua)

jsolivais
July 13th, 2019, 18:03
Can anyone please tell me how to clear this error? "Runtime Error: Unable to save file(C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error(13) Permission denied

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2019, 18:13
Welcome to the forums.

This means you do not have full permissions to the file. Go to the folder C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/ perperties > security and give yourself full access to the folder and all it's contents.

Trenloe
July 13th, 2019, 18:17
Welcome to the forums!

As LordEntrails mentions - make sure you have full access rights to the FG data directories. They probably won't be exactly where he mentioned, as that directory is no longer used by FG by default. The best way to find where your FG data is stored is to click the folder icon in the top right corner of the main FG start screen.

If setting the access rights to the FG app data directory doesn't fix this issue, exit FG and delete the file mentioned - it'll be recreated the next time you use that campaign.

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2019, 18:19
Note, the file location I mentioned is what the OP said the error message was indicating the file location is. Might that mean that either the install is old (which is ok) or that he might have two install instances?

Trenloe
July 13th, 2019, 18:22
Note, the file location I mentioned is what the OP said the error message was indicating the file location is. Might that mean that either the install is old (which is ok) or that he might have two install instances?
Yep, it's fine if that's the only place it is. I mentioned the best route to getting to the FG app data directories for both this instance and for others who may have a similar issue in future.

jsolivais
July 13th, 2019, 20:50
I used the file folder icon on the start-up page to find the offending file then deleted it. This seemed to work. Thanks so much for the help.

Serv
September 7th, 2020, 21:42

do these not match what I should have?