PDA

View Full Version : Can you roll damage from a trap entry in the NPC Section?

Talen
July 12th, 2019, 12:31
While there are obvious workarounds, the title says it all :) Is it possible to roll attacks and damage directly from the trap entry in the npc section?

madman
July 12th, 2019, 14:32
Yes but. You can add the attack string to the NPC sheet then switch it to the trap sheet for the other information. When you add it to the Combat Tracker it will show the attack string for you to use.

Talen
July 12th, 2019, 15:35
Yes but. You can add the attack string to the NPC sheet then switch it to the trap sheet for the other information. When you add it to the Combat Tracker it will show the attack string for you to use.

I have been using both a trap and npc entry, but was hoping I was just missing a way to do it from the trap entry. Again, not at all a big deal, but is there a reason the trap entry cant perform the same functionality as an npc?

madman
July 12th, 2019, 16:16
You can use the same sheet though. not sure if that came across clear.

Talen
July 12th, 2019, 16:50
You can use the same sheet though. not sure if that came across clear.
It did not (my fault not yours). That had not occured to me, seems so obvious now! thanks!

madman
July 12th, 2019, 20:17
Try this. See if this is what you want

Samarex
July 15th, 2019, 09:59
Just a quick update....
I now have the Traps attack string working.
-- It is roll-able from the NPC (Trap) sheet (The Effect line acts as a attack string)
-- Effect line of a NPC (Trap) trasfers to the Atk string line of the NPC when dropped into CT.

I'm now working on it detecting a Save and rolling the save.

Hope to have this complete and ready for 1.15 next week.