PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 3-4 more for 5E homebrew campaign, Tuesday's 7pm EST

GodsProxy
July 12th, 2019, 00:56
Our group is currently looking 1-2 more. We recently lost a player who has been relocated due to work and we would potentially be looking for a fifth to join the party. We are 11 sessions in and just hit level 3. Please read the details below. If it interests you feel free to PM me or leave your answers to the questions in the thread and I will reach out to you with more details. Our group is new player friendly.

FG License: Ultimate (I have most of the books)
DND 5e Homebrew setting
Long Term Campaign (estimated level 1 to 12ish, we can cut it shorter or make it longer)
Tuesdays 7:00pm-10:00pm EST
Time zone: Eastern
-------------------------
Frequency: Weekly
Start Date: Tuesday July 23rd (session 0)
Voice using discord (Decent mic and push to talk required)
Roleplay and Combat: Varies by session, preference of balance to be discussed session 0
Players needed: 3-4 (have 1-2 already. Ideal group size is 5)
Starting level and equipment: lvl 1 standard equipment, 27 points point buy for stats. Character creation can be done in advanced.
Character restrictions: PHB+1 (other character idea’s need to be approved)
Calendar:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3511
-------------------------

ABOUT THE DM
I am new to FG moving over from another system. This is my DM’ing experience in many years. It is something that I enjoy immensely and am dedicated to. I take time to try and create a rich world for you to explore and develop your characters in.

PREMISE

The world of Nareede has known relative peace for the past two decades. Through the combined efforts of the major nation’s peace has been brokered, borders have been opened and times for most are prosperous. The more chaotic nations have become reclusive, closing their borders and keeping to themselves to not draw attention to their nefarious ideologies.
That was until recently. Arcane storms and Divine tempests have become a regular occurrence where they were once rarely seen. People could go their whole life not experiencing one and now they can be expected every couple of months.
These storms bring return of vile creatures, evil abominations, and extraplanar beings looking to capitalize on the chaos have made a return to the world. Many cities are unprepared.

[Classes/Races] All classes and races of the PHB. The world of Nareede is diverse should you wish to play a non standard race we can work on how it will fit in.

[The setting] This is a home brew world in the making. Players can contribute to the word and flesh it out. Did you just discover a long-lost temple that’s name has been lost to time? Give it a name and make it a permanent fixture. Want to come from a guild as part of your backstory? Name the guild if you like. The world is ours to sculpt collaboratively.

[RP] It is expected that players will maintain some semblance of maturity and work with the party within reason. Feel free to explore your character as we work in your background, have fun with it but work to create an inclusive scenario that we can all partake in.

ABOUT THE GAME AND APPLYING

Things to be cool with
-Homebrew that may not be perfectly balanced. I am always willing to work with the players to work out any discrepancies.
-A GM that prioritizes story and the rule of cool most of the time
-Few guideposts. I will create the setting to get the party working together but after those initial interactions the world is yours. The "Master plot" will have hooks out, but it is up to the party to bite. Follow the hooks for as long as you like, set your own goals and diverge as you see fit. Want to learn about a thing? Figure it out. Want to locate that lost unnamed temple? Figure it out. Any thing is possible. Want to help the BBEG in the master plot instead of working against him? Go ask if he wants to be friends.
-Intrigue, grit and gore. The world can be a dangerous and violent place that contains adult themes. The depth of these themes will be discussed during session 0.
-Being a team. It is much easier on all of us if the players take cooperative approaches instead of being at odds and constantly diverging or just doing their own thing. Losing time about how to handle a situation or what to do next is no fun. Follow the leader, put in to a vote, put your collective heads together and work threw the situation amicably.

TO APPLY
Read the instruction in the application carefully. You are welcome to respond to the thread or in a PM.
Sessions will be every Tuesday at 7:00pm EST and run for roughly 3 hours.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. If you are new to D&D that is perfectly fine if you are willing to learn and participate.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name):
Time Zone:

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had
- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play
- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind
- Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?
- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling
- What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?

Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Kelain
July 12th, 2019, 01:23
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Kelain or James
Time Zone: Central

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had: I am new to DnD, having only played one game session before said game collapsed. Years ago I played Vampire the Masquerade and Shadowrun. The bad experience I've had would be the aforementioned DnD game collapsing. Good? Stopping the Horror invasion in a Shadowrun game. It was the very definition of close call and contained a large amount of roleplay.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play: What I enjoy most about Tabletop RPG's is the creativity. No matter how open world video game rpgs may be you're still not really creating anything in them. You're playing someone elses story, not your own. It's different in table top games.

- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind: I want to play a wood elf ranger that left his home village to hunt down the Orc bandit that murdered his wife and daughter. Someone slow to trust others because of what the outside world brought into his life and has to learn to deal with the outright rage at the Orc and his crew.

- Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM? I haven't really had a poor GM. The Gms I've had, while not all the same level of quality..none of them were bad.

- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling: I would politely and in private express my disagreement with the GM. But if the GM still decides different that is their right and job as GM.

- What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any? I have some knowledge of the Sword Coast setting from reading the source book but that is really it.

Paxx
July 12th, 2019, 07:51
- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had.-anchant I started playing D&D when the first box set came out in 74, I got it in 76. Played 1, 2 , 3.5 and want to try 5th. Mostly DM-ed, rare was the times I actually got to run a character. This will be my first running in Fantasy Grounds and in 5e, so please be patient with me.. 1 good exp. - The Lich I that was DMing started battling the party at the top of his tower in the shape of a dragons head when the very powerful wizard in the party started to cast against him. He used his Slice spell to cut the top and bottom jaws off the dragon tower and watch in glee as the wizard plummeted to earth between the giant slabs. Of course we're talking about a wizard who survived 5 years of my DMing so he was ok.
Describe any type of character concept you have in mind.- An albino High Elf ( let that sink in for a minute ). He does not appreciate the sunlight, he wears all black but worships the goddess of light. His family of Necromancers has placed a terrible cursed him. He is trying very hard to be social.
How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling.- I wouldn't, a ruling is just that, a ruling. I would however discuss it with him later if I still thought he was wrong.
What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?- I haven't gamed since 5e came out.
I might not be able to make it to the first couple of games as I am taking classes after work on Tuesdays but only have about a month to go.
Thanks, Paxx
My character's name is Mot.

TroyTheTrojan
July 12th, 2019, 08:44
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Troy
Time Zone:EST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had:
A good experience I had was when I was playing a quiet furbolg Druid who would communicate with Druid craft. He ended up sacrificing him self to stop a mega eruption that would case a volcanic winter for hundreds of years. Covered in in stone as the magma poured over him he created a flower in his hand and it set as the eruption was halted. One of the best times I had.
A bad experience I had was playing with some “ closet racists” that would make their character be racist in some form to get that feeling of power over someone. Didn’t like one bit.
- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play
I enjoy the moment of the things that are happening, weather it be laughing, crying, showing off or just trying to not get killed by the dm.
I was looking in to being a home brew dwarf chef class if you allow so, the kind always looking for better ingredients by exploring the far reaches of the world for the finest cuisine. If not I could also be a cleric for support and a fighter for the front.
Here is the link for the chef home brew if interested
https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Hkby63LBq-
I never really had a poor GM but I had a rather slow to get the move on GM. He was great at telling us about his stories and such but come to combat he always seemed to have too many monsters to handle at a time and really disengaged me to a point. Not that I don’t like lists of opponents but it seemed to much for his plate.
My rule for this would always respect what the GM has planned and his set rule of thumb.I will only bring up something if I felt it was waaaay to overboard haha. I think it’s fun to see what the DM comes up with as rules for the game, just not too many.
Most of my stuff is home brew so far, no modules, a Skyrim pathfinder game one but other than that all home brew.

Johnndeanna
July 12th, 2019, 19:59
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): John (Daleel)

Time Zone: EST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had.

My least favorite experience was when I was last on Roll20, and the group was very hit and miss about showing up on time, hence my dislike of the last campaign I was in. Group got along well but timing and missing players hindered the game. My favorite group was one we had in Korea while stationed there in the USAF. Played every Sat night for a year straight with the same 4 guys and DM using 2E. Almost every one turned into a mega 12 hour long session, with a large part of the year spent in Undermountain.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play:

A good balance of roleplay as well as combat encounters. Not solely a hack and slash sort of guy and I like a group that can play well together and help each other through tough spots. I enjoy hard encounters, those that cause the party difficulty and force them to cooperate to get through them

My character concept is a street urchin based Rogue that is very nimble and adapts well to life on the street. She is N alignment and wary of everyone due to her life on the street, but tends towards good unless cornered or scared. The intent is that she will eventually start showing signs of powers she doesn't understand, potentially having her multiclass as a sorcerer of wild magic as her powers make themselves known. I think the concept would be pretty cool to play, with bouts of magic happening at inopportune times like when she is mad or scared. I'd like to have her as once a slave on a pirate ship that was beaten and poorly treated while on board, but learned a great deal. She was washed overboard in a freakish storm but somehow survived the ordeal. She has since been on her own, but her time on the ship has made her the Swashbuckler archetype, adept at using a short sword and dagger. As her powers manifest she will eventually learn to harness her wild magic and use it to protect herself and others she trusts.

No. All of my GM's thus far have been very good.

Play based on the ruling as it sits and discuss offline if I feel the ruling is incorrect, so that future rulings are in line with RAW or adjusted to fit the campaign.

I played a LOT of 2e, and picked up 5E during playtesting, and have been playing it off and on since then. Familiar will all the modules and some of the AL modules, mostly Forgotten Realms and Eberron, but in the past Grewhawk, FR, Planescape, Dark Sun also got played. Working on a solo character to play through the TotYP book to see how a solo character could do for those times when I need a fix playing but not on the normal night.

Please consider my application. FYI, I'm a a retired USAF guy, work in the engineering field, have 3 kids with only one still at home, 3 grandkids, and a genuinely decent dude that enjoys a good company of like minded individuals. I look forward to hearing from you.

John

Lorimere
July 13th, 2019, 01:55
Name: Lorimere
Time Zone: East coast

Starting playing with AD&D
Best experience was just starting and everything creature and monster being new. The unknown I guess. Worst experience was a low level party getting wiped by a failed trap check and a series of horrible roles byy everyone. Was horrible but kind of funny at the same time.

Character. Probably would like to play a elven or dwarf fighter or cleric. Whichever the party needs. I like being a in your face front line character.

Never had a horrible DM. Just some that were better than others. But have to thank all of them for taking their time to run a game.

DM disagreement? It's their world and their rules. So they have final say.

Published D&d. Played some waterdeep stuff but mostly all home brewed games.

Thanks for your consideration.

Lorimere

WLV
July 13th, 2019, 14:41
If you still have opening for me,
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): WLV or Vir.
Time Zone: CST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had:
Good- there is so many. Many of them is making up a creative solution, excellent teamwork, or/and hilarious moment. If I had to choose one, it would be recently where my team interrogating a Tiamat cultist because we were all able to RP and use our skills fully.
Bad- I have not many of them, but it would be adventure league game where the gm choose to not allow lighting spell electrify the water yet allow my fire breath work normally into water. I dislike it for not allowing creative solution based on reality.
I love creative game play, combat, and the funny/weird moments. You can play the same module, but with different players and gm result in completely different game and paths you take.
I have many to choose from and play what work for the current team. However, here a list bugbear barbarian who grew up in a pelor temple, Lizardfolk Druid, hill dwarf warpriest, Kenku ranger (UA), and Tabaxi monk.
Yes, but that because he choose to follow the module and adventure league too closely to where a lot of creative solution could not be used and rewards were pointless. He chooses rules over fun.
Give my thought and understanding on the rule, and then accept his ruling.
Mine of phandler as I played it twice. And setting, any of them completely no. However forgotten realms and sword coast, I know a good chunk. I know some of the gods, but their exact rules not so much. Now dragons especially dragonborn, I am more well-versed.

Sgt.Rock008
July 15th, 2019, 18:17
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Sgt. Rock or character name is fine

Time Zone: CST (UTC-6)

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had
I played a bit of AD&D in the late 80s and got back into it in 2016 with 5e. I played Lost Mines of Phandelver with friends locally for a year then I started to DM when we finished. I've been running Tyranny of Dragons weekly on and off since 2017 with the same group of friends. Now I'm looking to play to offset being the GM all the time.

I have not had a bad experience I can think of, it's all been good for me so for.

I like roleplay, exploration and combat equally. I enjoy working with the mechanics of the game and immersing into character during roleplay. I enjoy a classic game of heroes vs villains.

I would like to play a Halfling Rogue, Dwarf Barbarian, Wood Elf Monk or perhaps a Druid or Cleric depending on party make up. I think a balanced party is important.

I've only played with 2 other GMs before and they were both great

Typically GM ruling wins. I'm ok with that, no big deal. But if it bothered me, I would probably ask to briefly discuss it with GM out of game afterwards or at another time.

Lost Mines of Phandelver, Tyranny of Dragons, D&D AL CCCSRC01-01, 02, 03

Thanks for your consideration.

MithosRiot
July 16th, 2019, 00:27
im interested if there is still room, gonna send you a pm

DungeonDoge
July 16th, 2019, 02:27
Hi, I'm really hoping this isn't closed yet as this sounds like a perfect fit. I'm pretty familiar with FG and can definitely help with those who are newer to the software. I'm in IT and am very skilled at walking people through using new technology.

Preferred name: DJ (player name!)
Time Zone: EST (Boston area)

1. Tell me a bit about your role playing experience: I'm 32 and have been playing since I was 14 with a hiatus from ages 18 - 24. I'm mostly a player but have stepped up as a DM a few times. I like a balance between the concept of my character and the numbers behind them. I started with D&D 3.5e, played 4e and a little AD&D but 5e is my favorite edition to date. I've also played many other systems, such as Traveler, Savage Worlds, L5R, Burning Wheel, Harn, Mutants and Masterminds...and I'm sure a couple others. I regularly play with a couple of my cousins who I've grown quite close to thanks to RPGs. We also play with a few friends that we met through an LFG site that I've now been playing with for over 6 years. These games helped me forge quite a bond with these people and I've even been to a wedding for two of these friends.

2. provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had: There are so many amazing good experiences. One of my most memorable moments was when I made an obnoxious, braggadocios, drunken sailor who arrived in the port on a ship - a ship which hired him as help. After running around the large port city with my new-found companions acting like a fool I made a promise to help give them passage to our destination, but when I returned to the harbor the ship had left without me. They left a message with the harbormaster that essentially said, "please don't look for us". It was something the DM came up with on the fly that has stuck with me as one of the funniest moments in my RP career. As far as bad experiences, besides the usual stuff when I was a teenager (railroading or negative DM experiences) there's really only one that sticks out in my adult life. It involved a friend of mine who was brand new to the game and did some extremely inappropriate things to a family of NPCs. Suffice to say the game fell apart and I haven't spoken to that person in years. I can tell the full story when we get to know each other.

3. Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play: This is tough to put into words. The sheer creativity of shared storytelling is powerful. I play a lot of video games, but nothing has the feeling of real consequences and reactions that a good tabletop RPG can provide. On an individual level I enjoy creating interesting characters who have faults. This gives me an opportunity to develop and grow a character that feels organic. I tend to do accents or just slight voice changes to breathe life into my characters (nothing too crazy, just something to help me slip into their skin).

4. Describe any type of character concept you have in mind: I would really love to play a scholar or lore-obsessed character. A kind of chronicler, the type of person who always has a quill, bottle of ink, and parchment nearby. I had an idea recently for a character who finds tomes and makes copies of them to disperse the knowledge around the world. They might ask to borrow books from collections on the promise that they will make multiple copies and give the original back, as well as provide new books for said collection. All while chronicling their own adventure in the hopes they will be saved in a collection some day as well. This works especially well in a homebrew setting where it gives me opportunities to learn about your world.

5. Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?: Not in many years. I've had GMs of varying skill, but I think most people are doing their best to create interesting stories for themselves and their players. Having GMed myself I know it's a lot of work and I try my best to respect that. When I was younger I had a HORRIBLE GM who railroaded us, treated us like the enemy of his campaign, and took out his IRL attitude towards players on their characters. I haven't seen that in my adult life, I generally have a great relationship with those I've played with.

6. How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling: I may give my dissenting opinion during a game, but this is a very simple thing. The GM has the final say. Even when I've disagreed with a call I've never taken more than a moment to voice an opinion, and if they still disagree then so be it. If it's something REALLY important then we can discuss it after the game ends because flow and narrative trump RAW IMO. I can't think of a time where I've ever felt the need to do this, though.

7. What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?: I've recently started looking at some of this stuff because I may be DMing a game for some friends and family in the near future. I'm really only familiar with Forgotten Realms and specifically with The Sunless Citadel adventure from the Yawning Portal book. I'm very vaguely familiar with some of the general story beats behind Tomb of Annihilation, Storm King's Thunder, Phandelver, and Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I don't know enough to spoil any fun, but even if I recognize something in your game I would never act on it because cheating at D&D is probably the most ridiculous concept I can imagine. It would sort of be like cheating at solitaire...what's the point of playing, then?

Thanks for the consideration,
DJ

P.S. my birthday is on the 24th, so this would be a great gift! :D

MDdawg1297
July 21st, 2019, 07:53
Name Mary

Timezone CST

Tell me a bit about your roleplaying experience
I started playing D&D 2.5-3 years ago. So far I’ve played in 12+ games, you could say I’m addicted to TTRPGs! I just finished DMing my first homebrew game last week. Doing that has taught me a lot about the rules, as well as how much effort it takes to be a DM. I’ve always been a storyteller, I always use that when coming up with interesting backstories, playing D&D has helped me hone my writing style and storytelling skills. I’ve always had a love for acting, I’ve been acting for 10 years in different school and community theatre rolls, I think that’s why I love roleplay as I always use that experience to create meaningful roleplay!

Provide one good and one bad roleplaying experience you have had
Having played in so many games, I’ve had some great and awful roleplaying experiences. My great experience happened over the course of the two campaigns, my Elf Sorcerer (nicknamed princess) and the Orc Barbarian had feelings for each other but it had never come out in roleplay. The two other players a yuanti and a tabaxi were plotting to get our characters to fall in love. There was a running joke with my character was an absolute clutz and the barbarian would never let me fall, the DM frequently making my character do Dex saves to see if I’d fall over and would also have the barbarian make a save to catch my character. My character was picking on the barbarian and he playfully nudged me, the DM then called for a Dex save which naturally I got a critical fail on. My character is falling off the barstool so the barbarian tries to catch me. Just before the DM calls for another save, the Tabaxi says that he flicks his tail under the barbarians legs in order to trip him, the DM runs with it giving the barbarian disadvantage. As fate would have it, the barbarian crit failed too! The DM gave a laugh and said that as the barbarian falls on the sorcerer, he does an anime style kiss. All the rolls had to line up perfectly to have that happen, best and funniest roleplay experience.
The worst had to be in one of my most recent games. My best friend who played a drow rogue, had just gotten back from a solo mission, stealing one of Lolth’s scimitars, a vestige that gave godhood. In a reaction to that, Lolth sent one of her most trusted assassins to get rid of the rogue. We finally figured out where he was staying and decided to plan an attack, underestimating his power. We got to the attack site when we were ambushed by the assassin and his partner, in the time span of one round, the assassin almost took out our paladin in one round. I was playing a fallen princess trying to reclaim her homeland, I knew that my men would not be able to survive the fight and that I had to call for a retreat. In character there was a 10 second exchange between the rogue and my character that caused a rift between the rogue and myself, after many failed rolls the rogue was taken prisoner by the assassin. We did everything we could to get the rogue back but we weren’t able to get to her in time before he took her to see Lolth. I was one of the worst loses and hardest things that I’ve had to deal with as a player.

Describe what you like most about roleplaying games, what you most look forward to
I love being able to share a story with the DM and other players. I love building a character that has growth just like a real person. It’s getting to live a life that is so different than what we do day to day. It’s sharing wins and defeats as a group. I love when I get to create a meaningful story!

Describe any type of character concept you have in mind
I would like to bring in a half-elf glamour bard, Gwyn Tortolin. Ever since she was young, she always had a love of music. When she was 10 years old, an old elven bard arrived at her parents tavern, he immediately set his sights on her to be his new protege. Over the next 6 years he taught her everything he knows, becoming a parental figure in her life. On her 16th birthday, he gave her his fiddle as a way of thanking her for becoming the daughter he never had. That was the last day she saw her family, she had to run away for fear of being captured by the DaeRona family, she has been on the run ever since. I have more to add but don’t want to share the secrets here!

Have you had a poor GM? What made them a poor GM?
I definitely have had some poor GMs, that’s what makes you appreciate the great ones even more! The main thing I’ve found that makes them a poor GM is that they are adversarial. It’s always about their bad guys winning and the players losing. The GM’s I’ve had like this will punish the player characters for defeating an enemy or overcoming an obstacle that the GM puts in front of the players (figuratively).

How do you/would you deal with a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling?
If I felt that I had something to add to the rules discussion before the ruling was suggested, I would explain it. The important thing is that once the GM has made their final decision, that’s the end of it. Everyone runs games differently, but the constant is that you must respect the GM’s rulings. If I had a serious issue with a ruling, I would not say anything in game, but I would come to you after the game to explain what I was thinking and to better understand the reason for your ruling.Too much arguing about the rules slows down the game, it’s better to check in after than to argue with the GM. If there is a question on a ruling that would come to in story reasons or RAW, I usually go with in story, however the GMs word is final.

What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in?
The only modules I’m familiar with are Lost Mines of Phandelver and Tomb of Annihilation. In general, I haven’t played in or ran many module games, I’m usually doing a homebrew adventure. I usually get me ideas for characters and settings from different fantasy books that I read.

Thanks for the opportunity, I hope to play in your game!
Mary

Carog the Fat
July 21st, 2019, 21:51
I have been playing RPGs since the 80s best roleplaying experience was play vampire the masquerade and crying as I explained why i had to go and face the sun while the other players either encouraged me or pleaded for me to stop as my insane malcavian vampire stepped into the light after 3 years of playing together.

Lots of bad RP expoeriences with people who want to dominate you and control what your character does and then abuse you when you dont do as they say, this only happens online. Mostly in a fihgt when xsomeone starts telling you go there and do that like they are playing a singleplayer CRPG

I enjoy the social aspect as I am housebound due to illness
A cleric listen to the wind for guidance
yes plenty one gm changed the rules mid turn. The barbarian charged(movement) went into frenzy(bonus) drew his weapon(free ) and attacked (main) and then on my turn in the same round suddenly drawing a weapon was a bonus action. I am not against house rules but changing the rules mid round is just bad gming

If it was so shocking as the above i would as i did, state the rules that had just applied to the previous guys turn that i can draw my weapon as a free action as part of my attack action, if it was something else i would ask once to seek clarification. like in my last rolemaster session we couldnt flank i would clarify why and then continue applying that information to my decision

I played the underdark one with demons thats it

DamoniousPrime
July 21st, 2019, 23:46
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Damon, Character name Eyu
Time Zone:eastern (Western NY the state not the city)

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had- I play roleplaying games almost exclusively on platforms, I have a pretty creative mind so i like creating character and stories in my head i eventually would like to be a dm in my own right. I got into the idea of DND by watching people play it on the internet and realized how fun it would be to put my own ideas out there

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play- The thing i look forward to most ifs the roleplaying aspect and seeing how my ideas and actions interact with the dm and the rest of the parties.

- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind- I have a few ideas but the character i would really like to play is a changeling bard/warlock. The concept is that they are the child of a human father who was a Life cleric of Lathander (or whoever is a lawful good god in this world) and a changeling mother who choose to live as a human after meeting my characters father. My mother came from a traveling carnival of changelings where she was a bard. My character was originally going to follow their fathers footsteps and study to become a cleric but came home from a outing to learn more to find their parents dead, their young sister hiding in fear , and the words Race traitor written in blood on the walls. The current time is several years later and my character has been searching for 2 people one linked to my father who is a wandering merchant, and one linked to my mother who was a acrobat at the carnival (Rogue)to explain the warlock part she has made a agreement with her fathers god to find and punish the killer, my concept for this is a hexblade for 2 levels but with the damage flipped from necrotic to radiant as her fathers god is lawful good. The rest of her levels are going to be bard as her mother taught her how to weild the power of music.

- Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?- i have only had one DM so far and he was good but he is also very busy so it looks like my current group will be splitting up

- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling- Plead my case to the best of my abilities but the GM is final rule so i would accept it and try to do something else

- What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any? no official i was pretty new to playing and his campaign was a homebrew like this

GodsProxy
November 3rd, 2019, 13:06
Our group is looking for 1-2 more. We recently lost a player due to work circumstances and the party is open to moving up to five players from 4. Please read the initial posting for details on how to apply.

PhorgottenSon
November 3rd, 2019, 17:38
Sent you a PM, thanks.

MithosRiot
November 3rd, 2019, 21:10
Ill throw up another, im still looking for a tuesday game. If you dont have my old pm, let me know and ill send another

PhorgottenSon
November 6th, 2019, 03:07
If I made a mistake in the PM or if it did not arrive, please let me know so that I can fix it.

Thanks.

Bathios
November 6th, 2019, 16:36
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name):George

I have been playing for about seven years. One of my best roleplaying experiences is when my monk had to fight a giant in single combat, for story reasons, and every member of the team that was a spell caster put a buff on him to help out. It was a great version of teamwork that doesn't happen often. A bad experience I have had is when a whole bunch my party abandoned my fighter in the middle of a bunch of enemies, and he had no way to get out. He died two rounds later.

I just like having group that i can relax and have fun with. I especially like it when the players don't take their characters ideals to seriously, so that even if our characters are fighting they will be cool out of game.

Without knowing what the current party comp I don't really have a character concept in mind, but i am comfortable in any roll.

I have only had one poor gm, a few years back. They constantly played favorites with the players, only giving two of the four of us good loot, and doing their best to get rid of us.

If it comes down to a ruling i think is wrong, i will look up the rule and point it out to the gm if it turns out my suspicions were correct. If it is homebrew or an unintended interaction then i am content to let the gm do as they please.

I recently finished a game set on the sword coast, so i know a little about that, and i have a pathfinder game that is going through the hell's rebels campaign, set in Kintargo.

lordbasl
November 9th, 2019, 04:41
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Tyrantos (char name, preferred) lordbasl (Internet handle since the 90s), Rich (what friends call me)
Time Zone: US Central

MANY good experiences in 40+ years in this hobby. Started with Three Tan Books In A White Box in the Spring of '78. I have played or run ODnD, ADnD 1 and 2, RuneQuest, Traveller, GURPS, Twilight:2000, Champions, Car Wars, Privateers and Gentlemen (Horatio Nelson / Hornblower Napoleonic Wars naval action), Werewolf, Vampire (both TT and LARP), BattleTech, Recon (Vietnam War RPG)... Best pure RP experience was a WW Werewolf LARP where I was a hippy treehugger Child of Gaia bard who absolutely humiliated an elder who was treating the cubs in his care like dirt with a song *I* -- as player- made up on the spot from music my Deadhead stoner werewolf would have known. He took a HARD renown hit and I got his old job. Worst experience was a character death due to a string of the rotten-ist epicly bad streak of dice luck I have ever heard of that was soooooo bad not even a Really Fair GM could save me.
The game was a GURPS BattleTech homebrew. My character Mak was leading one jaw of a Mech ambush of an enemy scout company. As Mak was in command, he ordered a preplotted artillery barrage into the fire sack where we were gonna scrap some enemy Mechs. The trap was sprung, and my lance of Mechs savaged the enemy ... but one bandit Mech survived and opened fire with its three remaining weapons.
3 hits. 2d6 hit location rolls were 2 head hits (2 on 2d6, TWICE) followed by a 12: Center Torso, possible critical hit. The crit was confirmed to scrap my Mech's gyro.

Two head hits is normally a pilot auto kill ... but the GM, realizing that my dice were screwing me over hard, allowed a gravely wounded Mak to eject from the fatally wounded Mech. Because the gyro was scragged, the Mech's fall would eject me a random distance and direction. Rolled 2d6....
... And I landed in a hex where I had plotted that heavy artillery barrage. Since the rounds were already in the air (very long range guns) there was no way to avoid eating arty.
By now, the GM was as astounded as I was. By rights, that barrage of antiarmor cluster bomblets should have blown poor Mak into Makburger. Hal handed me three of his own d6 and told me to make *five* Health rolls on 3d6 to survive.
Long odds: 1 in 32 chance for 5 straight 10 or less rolls.
Mak's HT was 10.
Made roll one.
Made roll two, three, four.
Just one more!
The 5th was an 18.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPGs... Employing my character's abilities to stop EVIL and foster Good.
- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind: A Ranger, NG, who is somewhat based on the Minbari Anla-Shok, aka, the Rangers from Babylon 5: "I am a Ranger! I enter the dark places no others may enter! We stand at the bridge so no others may pass! WE LIVE FOR THE ONE, WE DIE FOR THE ONE!"

I enter the wild places to face the foes of Men in their lairs. When those foes move against my human kin, I stand between Evil and that which I love. "The One" can be a nature God/dess. Not a priest or paladin, but a champion of Light.
Once upon a time, I was bribed into playing a Werewolf: the Wild West tabletop. Basically, the GM was far more interested in describing the interactions (in and out of bed) of several female Bastet (anime catgirl freak was this GM ... in all senses of the word "freak"). After a catgirl-on-catgirl bed scene without the GM once asking the party what we were going to do and ignoring us in favor of the all important catgirl slap and tickle, we players left the table in favor of something wholesome, like tentacle hentai.

- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling... As a DM, my policy on rules disageements was that the time to argue was after the game, and that the player would be listened to, and if I were pursueded that the player was right, I'd retcon the ruling somehow. As a player, I respect the DM's final word, period.
tl;dr: not many.
I did a lot of homebrewing in my AD&D2 / 3.x / Pathfinder games. Ran my own world for the better part of 20 years without modules or worldbooks. I am minimally familiar with the Forgotten Realms from the Neverwinter MMO and Eberron from the D&D Online MMO (my wife loves DDO but refuses to try tabletop RPGs due to extreme social anxiety disorder. I hate DDO because it is a pay to win money pit without an endgame). I may buy Ghosts of Saltmarsh not for the adventures, but because I want my next world to feature nautical adventure against a BBEG resembling a giant Cephalopod From The Deep(tm).

Psyborg
November 9th, 2019, 18:26
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name):
Psyborg

Time Zone:
MST Arizona (GMT -7)

GOOD: In 3.5 I was playing a massive barbarian, with a 7 intelligence. He was super good hearted, so any time he saw anyone in trouble he would help them. One day my group came upon a woman about to be burned at the stake and my group was sitting there debating helping... they were taking forever, so I rolled a dice to see if I was impatient with them. By the time they realised I was running toward the lady to save her it was way too late to stop me. It was hilarious! Turns out she was a mass murderer and I had just beaten up 15 villagers who were innocent. Ugh... LOL

BAD: At 17th level we had a player whos character was super over powered that would use a "teleportation disk" to take everything that wasn't bolted down. Unfortunately that also meant anything the rest of us couldn't carry. So he wound up taking most of the treasure we found and getting pissy any time we would question him on it. The GM never stepped in to do anything about it and the group broke up after 4 years of playing together because of the guy.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play:

I like a good 50/50 mix of combat to role playing. And never ending games. RPG gives your mind the opportunity to just run wild. Its like living in your favorite book. I love dungeon crawls and puzzles the most, but RPG in general is so satisfying.

- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind:

I think a neutral good Teifling would be so much fun, maybe as a paladin that travels with a warforged that is trying hard to be a super passive monk. Paying back the world for the "sins of the father" so to speak.

A recent GM of mine made money and magic items so hard to come by that the party was really really poorly equipped to handle the monsters that were thrown at us. He also never took our backstories into consideration at all.

- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling?

You really don't waste game time with arguing how a GM wants to run his/her game. Those discussions can be discussed later out of game. The GM is always 99.9% right.

I started playing in 1977 and found that 3.5 was always my favorite. I have every book and module that ever came out for it. Including The Great Net (books). But 5e offers a more streamlined form of play, so I started it about 6 months ago.

Psyborg

Mooglemonkey
November 9th, 2019, 19:14
Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Andrew, Matthias, and Taylor

I and two of my friends would love to play in this game. We are dedicated players who prize attendance above all, closely followed by roll play, then tactical combat. I will answer the following about myself, as I am kind of the ring leader of the three of us in trying to find a game, but I can answer questions about the others as needed.

I've been playing TTRPGs for about 5 years now, and I have had my shares of ups and downs. I usually am locked in as the DM, but I've had my share of poor online groups. My worst experience may have been a player who created a character mechanically identical to mine, but spent several sessions doing nothing but getting high on "magical pipeweed," then threw a giant fit when we stopped consulting him for input after weeks of him just making stoner jokes, resulting in the dissolving of that group. My best, however, was a time as a DM where I ran several one on one sessions with players in my first campaign. The group had split up, so I pulled each player in and ran a private session for each, ranging from a Druid helping a nature spirit fight off encroaching owl bears to defend its territory, to a tempest cleric turning his back on the Seldarine and fully embracing Umberlee as his new goddess.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play.
I love the ability to build a world together with others, and to live a life that isn't possible in reality. I love pulling off grand heists, slaying dragons, experiencing loss, and above all, making everyone in the group have the best time of their life.

I'm currently working on an idea for a Shadar-Kai Twilight domain Cleric from UA, multiclassed with Hexblade warlock. A warlock of the Raven Queen, he has found a new love for the night sky, and is reaching out, looking for a new purpose to dedicate himself to. Would probably start as a warlock, then multiclass into cleric when he "found" his goddess somewhere in the first tier of play.

I've played with many DMs who tried to do things ranging from taking on more than they could handle, either with scheduling, with trying to run multiple games a week only to drop out of the majority of the, all the way to a DM who tried to force a player to do something intensely inappropriate and out of character to get his rocks off. All three of us are very open to mature content, but there are certain things you don't do to a new player.

The DM has final say on all rulings. If I felt strongly, I would save my points until after the session, then sit down privately with you and discuss why I feel that way. If you still decided to do things your way, then that is your right as the DM.

I am VERY familiar with the Forgotten Realms, as it is my favorite place to run the game, and I've read almost every novel and sourcebook thats been placed there. Outside of that, I have passing knowledge of other settings, but nothing that would spoil anything for other players or myself.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Jaekaido
November 10th, 2019, 21:25
Preferred name: Knight
Time Zone: MST

- i have played RPGs for over 13 years on and off. about two years ago i got into 5th edition D&D and have some of the books on D&D beyond. one good experience i have had with 5th edition is that is is a lot harder to break with my play style, which i like as i can go over board sometimes. a bad experience i have had is being eaten by a dragon and failing all my death saves.
- I enjoy the Creativity of the mind. though i am very quiet myself, only talking when i have something to say, i can come up with some creative things in a pinch or be able to apply my military background to fantasy combat.
- a character concept i have in mind is kinda like a fighter with magic pistols. more like wands of magic missile honestly.
- i actually just got kicked by a poor DM. instead of asking questions he just kicked me out of the game this morning.
- i prefer the rule of cool. given that i don't expect everything to go as the characters or Players want, and the dm has final say and as long as the decision makes sense i won't argue
- i am not really well versed in any of them for 5th edition. i prefer to get lore and stuff through play style not reading and having expectations. just in case something changes in someones else's game story