PDA

View Full Version : How do I enter complete full screen mode?

Wudenbachs
July 9th, 2019, 04:15
Hey, there! New guy here.
I just today bought a license, and the Essentials Bundle while they were on sale, and i'm excited to dive into this program, but for whatever reason I can't seem to figure out how to make Fantasy Grounds enter a full screen mode. I'd like for it to take up the entire display, but my Windows taskbar is always present at the bottom. I must be missing something obvious, I'm sure.

LordEntrails
July 9th, 2019, 04:17
Welcome :)

Check your taskbar properties, turn off "Always on top"

If that doesn't do it, let us know.

Wudenbachs
July 9th, 2019, 04:26
Thanks for the speedy response, dude!
What's curious is that it was already completely full screen before, but the dice where laggy a bit. I restarted the compy, and now the dice flow very smoothly, but maximizing the window doesn't enter full screen anymore.
Also, I'm using the demo Windows 10, because I'm cheep like the budgie, so I can't mess with the taskbar properties, unfortunately.

But, seeing as how it was full screen before, I imagine there's a way to get it back! Or, at least I hope there is, anyway.
Any other suggestions? No Full screen vs windowed mode function?

Wudenbachs
July 9th, 2019, 04:55
I miss you...

Wudenbachs
July 9th, 2019, 07:00
So, an officer on the official Discord server confirmed that they use FG in a full screen mode, and they don't hide their taskbar, although they also admitted they don't know how they managed it.
So, there must be a way to make it so.

EDIT: Turns out he did have his taskbar settings adjusted to hide, but thought that he didn't.

MissBrightPaw
December 2nd, 2020, 19:19
I need help with this also, but I only commented to say... this thread really amused me!! The "I miss you..." comment made me giggle.

Thanks for the help also!

Zacchaeus
December 2nd, 2020, 19:51
Hi and welcome to FG.

FG doesn't run in full screen mode. I think it did at one time but caused too many issues so it was deprecated.

Willot
December 2nd, 2020, 20:58
Is this what people want? (my screen is spread across two monitors 3200x1024, standard is usually 1920x1080)

In properties of the a shortcut to the launcher, change this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"
to read this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe" -window-mode borderless -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080

Willot
December 2nd, 2020, 22:08
Wait a minute! This is CLASSIC houses of Healing? I thought it was only FGU that didnt run in Fullscreen?

Sulimo
December 2nd, 2020, 22:16
Classic will run in Full Screen. You just have the Windows task bar at the bottom of the screen.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to set the Windows Task Bar to automatically hide, otherwise the task bar will be visible.

https://i.imgur.com/YJr1vrh.png

Zacchaeus
December 2nd, 2020, 22:18
Pretty sure Classic has never worked in full screen, at least not for a long time anyway. There’s not even a button or option anywhere I can find that would allow it to run full screen. But I could be wrong since I’ve never felt the need to run it in full screen anyway.

Willot
December 2nd, 2020, 23:00
Im pretty sure it certainly use to, but Ive been on the FGU for awhile now so not sure

Talyn
December 3rd, 2020, 02:29
Pretty sure Classic has never worked in full screen, at least not for a long time anyway. There’s not even a button or option anywhere I can find that would allow it to run full screen. But I could be wrong since I’ve never felt the need to run it in full screen anyway.

Classic does not do "true" full screen like a videogame would, but its natural maximized state is a borderless window, and that's what's missing in Unity.

Zorbas
September 8th, 2022, 02:14
Is this what people want? (my screen is spread across two monitors 3200x1024, standard is usually 1920x1080)

In properties of the a shortcut to the launcher, change this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"
to read this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe" -window-mode borderless -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080

This worked for me :) Thank you very much!

slaapliedje
October 2nd, 2022, 21:44
By the way, in KDE (Linux) you can just right click on the title bar, go down to more actions, and select 'Full screen'. To get out you can use Alt+F3

If you are using Gnome, you can set up a keyboard shortcut to toggle full screen mode on applications.

Egheal
October 4th, 2022, 20:07

I use two 2560x1440 monitors but I can't use your method to spread a borderless FGU onto them. The borderless screen stick to my main screen.

Speculi
October 14th, 2022, 19:33
If you want to move FG borderless to another monitor, try adding
-monitor N where N is a 1 based index. So if you have two monitors, try with 1 or 2 to move it to the other one.

Ah... rereading your post, you want to stretch it across monitors. That doesn't seem to work for me either. But maybe the above info will help someone still.