PDA

View Full Version : LFP Sundays 6PM CST USA 5E Rappan Athuk (Paid Game)

bwatford
July 8th, 2019, 16:16
https://www.kingdomofmorrain.com/RA/logo2.jpg

Prologue

Rappan Athuk, a dungeon of legend.
Rappan Athuk, a stronghold of evil.
Rappan Athuk, Dungeon of Graves.

The Legend of Rappan Athuk is well known, told numerous times by bards, adventurers, sages, and loremasters. It is summarized below. The characters may know some or all of this legend.

Many hundreds of years ago, the forces of good allied to destroy the main Temple of Orcus in the ancient city of Tsar. With their temple in ruins, the surviving high priests of this accursed demon-god fled the city with an army of enemies on their trail — an army of heroic fighters, clerics and paladins — led by Zelkor, a powerful wizard. The exact fate of these evil priests is unknown, for not only did the remnants of the followers of Orcus disappear from all human reckoning, but so did the army of light that followed after them disappear as well. Some said that in the eternal scales the loss of so many good men was a fair price to pay to rid the world of so much evil.

The evil cult, however, had not been destroyed. The surviving priests and their followers instead settled on a hill near the Forest of Hope, a sylvan woodland near the Coast Road. There they found a vast underground complex of caverns and mazes, carving out a volcanic intrusion beneath the hill. The priests of Orcus had found the perfect lair to continue their vile rituals. For many years, they carried on in secret, hidden from the light and from the knowledge of men.

Many years later, their underground delving completed, the evil priests erected a hideous mausoleum and graveyard atop the hill. It is believed that these graves are the final resting place of the pursuing army of heroes that had been destroyed to a man. Soon after the mausoleum was erected the peaceful creatures of the wood began to disappear. Though many rangers and druids investigated these happenings, the cause of the creatures’ disappearance was not immediately determined. Some years later a powerful group of adventurers, led by Bofred, a high priest of Thyr, investigated the evil happenings and found the sunken graveyard leading to a labyrinthine complex. Bofred and his companions found great hordes of evil creatures in the complex. Though some of his companions returned from their expedition, telling tales of fantastic treasure and ferocious monsters, Bofred was never seen again — lost in the catacombs beneath the cursed mausoleum.

For the last century and more, ranks of adventurers have ventured to the newfound dungeon. Many fell prey to bandits and monsters in the surrounding wilderness. Rumors suggest that of those who survived to reach the mausoleum and sunken graveyard, most were slain by guardians of green stone or perished near the entrance. Those rare few who return from deeper treks speak of horrible undead and creatures that cannot be slain. All who have explored Rappan Athuk offer this one universal piece of advice: “Don’t go down the Well.”

Introduction (The Basics)

FG License Type: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Every other Sunday from 6pm - 10pm CST
Planned start date: August 4th, 2019 (Session #0 sooner)
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour session, complete 1-20 campaign
Term: Paid, $10 per player, per session (via PayPal or Credit card), Session #0 and Session #1 is free.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25/75 (Combat Heavy, Dungeon Crawl, Exploration)
Number of Players needed: 6
Starting Level: 1

In play, many characters will die over the course of this game.
Welcome to Rappun Athuk.

Character Building

Available Books: All WotC Hardcovers (PHB, Sword Coast, Volo's, etc.). NO UA. (Don't Ask)

Alignment Requirement: Any (this is Rappan Athuk, it takes all type.)

Starting Equipment: You get your equipment from your background and class.

Ability Scores: Ability scores can be generated using the 27 point buy as featured in the PHB.

Hit Points: Maximum at 1st level, average each additional level.

Variants NOT used: Variant Human, Feats

Variants USED: Slow Natural Healing, Lingering Injuries

There will also be a few house rules in play as well such as splintering shields and damaging armor.

Final Notes

- This adventure will be run in an old school gaming style. Don't expect long rest to auto heal. Shields shall be splintered in battle and armor broken. Lingering injuries do and will happen.

- Expect your actions to have consequences. Don't be stupid. Play smart. If I give you lots of hints that opening the box will unleash fiery death. Don't open the box and expect to live.

- I'm a story teller, the rule of cool applies. If it's cool, cinematic and epic, screw the rules- I'll probably allow it. If this grates against your rules lawyer soul...we are not meant to play together.

GM Info: Hi there! It's Billy Watford. I’ve been GMing (DMing, Storytelling, what have you) for these last 30+ years, and gaming a touch longer. I’ve run what feels like hundreds of adventures via Paizo, WotC, TSR over the years and have currently many games running both in person, on Fantasy Grounds and ten campaigns running pbp on Myth-Weavers. Yes I pretty much do this full time.

My GMing style focuses more on what makes a good story, and less on things like exploiting the loopholes in rules to their fullest. I like characters that are cards to begin with, but I LOVE characters that develop over the course of a game. Don’t make me deal with two-dimensional characters that have one annoying trait they exploit over and over, and I won’t have to make a tarrasque show up. Deal? Deal.

Interested?
Send me a PM and we can discuss getting you a seat at the table. Have questions? Then post them below and I will be glad to answer them. Also please state what time best works for you from the above options.

novluis
July 8th, 2019, 19:52
I’ve been looking for a setting such as this (rappan) a long time so much so I’d be willing to break my pay for play rule. My only question is are you dead set on the day? Anytime Sunday’s are unfortunately my only free day anymore

bwatford
July 8th, 2019, 19:58
I’ve been looking for a setting such as this (rappan) a long time so much so I’d be willing to break my pay for play rule. My only question is are you dead set on the day? Anytime Sunday’s are unfortunately my only free day anymore

I am not dead set on Saturdays if the group wanted something different. Sundays are pretty tight but I believe I could squeeze it in if that is what the group wanted, would be a late game on Sunday however 6pm - 10pm CST

novluis
July 8th, 2019, 20:15
I am not dead set on Saturdays if the group wanted something different. Sundays are pretty tight but I believe I could squeeze it in if that is what the group wanted, would be a late game on Sunday however 6pm - 10pm CST

That works perfect for me, count me in for Sunday 6 pm -10

bwatford
July 9th, 2019, 14:44
Game is leaning toward the Sunday 6pm - 10pm time slot.

4 player slots remaining.

bwatford
July 10th, 2019, 04:49
3 player slots remaining.

@damned can you please change the title to reflect the new time?

Title should now read:

LFP Sundays 6PM CST USA 5E Rappan Athuk (Paid Game)

Thanks

novluis
July 10th, 2019, 20:34
We need still need 3 more to join our oddball bunch eager to face death and most likely run away..... we’ve got a Goblin fighter, a dwarf wizard and possibly a shadow monk

bwatford
July 12th, 2019, 13:34
Still have 3 of 6 slots remaining.

rgk13
July 12th, 2019, 13:50
Interested. Count me in.

bwatford
July 13th, 2019, 00:41
Two slots left

Tonytaru
July 13th, 2019, 12:02
Im interested if you are willing to accept a new player

bwatford
July 13th, 2019, 15:34
Im interested if you are willing to accept a new player

Absolutely, I have sent you a PM with more information.

Welcome aboard.

CygnusX1
July 13th, 2019, 22:16
Two slots left

Interested...how doth one join?

bwatford
July 13th, 2019, 23:18
Interested...how doth one join?

PM sent

bwatford
July 14th, 2019, 08:55
Only one slot remaining.

crb31
July 14th, 2019, 23:19
Interested in playing.

bwatford
July 15th, 2019, 00:09
Interested in playing.

PM Sent

bwatford
July 16th, 2019, 15:54

bwatford
July 22nd, 2019, 06:54
1 slot remaining.

novluis
July 22nd, 2019, 07:21
Welcome new adventurers to the Great Downward Engineering Company. We are the Nano Extraction Unit plus our Dragonborn sized bait!
Come join our party of a Ghostwise halfling Rogue, Goblin fighter, Deep Gnome Grave Cleric, a Dwarf wizard and A Dragonborn Paladin.

thc1967
July 22nd, 2019, 16:53
Sounds like you need a spell-caster of some sort, if you're willing to take a noob to FG and 5e, but certainly not to RPG's and D&D.

umanami
July 24th, 2019, 06:50
If you ever get do a Wednesday (7pm ish PST) of Rappan Athuk I would be VERY interested. Possibly a Saturday would work as well.
I am running it in Pathfinder but the group is very very slow and would be fun to play.