PDA

View Full Version : Azure Setup

HomieMyrk
July 7th, 2019, 18:30
Hey,
I have a network of Microsoft Azure VMs that I am trying to use to play FG. They are on the same Virtual Network and Subnet but still can’t connect to each other internally or externally. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
HomieMyrk

LordEntrails
July 7th, 2019, 19:36
Welcome to the forums. When trying to connect a player client to a GM client on the same network, you usually have to use the internal IP and not the external or alias address for connecting.

But you are going to have to tell us more. Have you read the post on Connections? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained

In general, the solution is probably related to your firewalls, router or network settings. After you check out the above post, let us know the answers to the relevant questions and more about your architecture.

HomieMyrk
July 7th, 2019, 20:59
LordEntrails,
Thank you for pointing me to the post about connections. My mistake was that I didn't set a rule in Windows Firewall as all ports are blocked by default in WinServer2019.

Thanks,
HomieMyrk

LordEntrails
July 8th, 2019, 00:48
Glad you got what you needed and thanks for pointing the solution. Never know when someone else might have the same challenge :)