PDA

View Full Version : Player Tokens drag to map? 2e

tsmpaul
July 7th, 2019, 05:37
Hi,

I'm new to using the 2e ruleset. Just grabbed the three core book modules, and really like the look of it so far, but am having a problem putting PCs onto maps.

- I can select a portrait for a character sheet, and it generates a matching token. If I drag either image from the character sheet to a map sheet, nothing happens - it doesn't appear on the map.
- If I drag a token from the token box, it appears on the map.
- If I drag a token from the token box to the character sheet, to assign a token, then drag the token from the character sheet to the map, nothing happens - it doesn't appear on the map.

Is there a different way to place the PC's counter on the map with this ruleset? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

- tsmpaul

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2019, 09:03
You must first place PCs/NPCs on the Combat Tracker and drag from there onto the map.

Trenloe
July 7th, 2019, 18:32
@tsmpaul - to expand on what Zacchaeus has said. This is pretty fundamental functionality across all FG rulesets, not just D&D 2e. Always add PCs or NPCs to the combat tracker before adding their tokens to a map. If you don't do this, the tokens won't be linked to creatures correctly and you won't get correct targeting, applying of damage, effects, etc..

Thete
July 8th, 2019, 02:44
This could be a handy tooltip that appears either within the tokens frame, combat tracker or both

galfaroth2000
July 8th, 2019, 17:42
This could be a handy tooltip that appears either within the tokens frame, combat tracker or both

+1 agree

tsmpaul
July 12th, 2019, 11:35
Thankyou for the instructions, got it working now :)