PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Middle-Earth 5e looking for updated rule sets.

LoremasterCBurke
July 6th, 2019, 05:05
Trying to convert the PDF's to the xdl files. I talked to the guys at cubicle 7 they are interested in getting into Fantasy Grounds. I guess they are trying work on a contract

vegaserik
July 8th, 2019, 03:42
I've made mods for most of the books, I'm slacking on putting in monsters from the Loremaster's Guide though - they can get tedious. It takes some time but it's pretty easy to do with the ability to enter new races and classes for 5e. Over one weekend I got most of the races, classes, feats, equipment all put in from the pdf. Someone out there did an ext to change the names of things to what they are in AiME, and add the new skills but I have no idea where it was posted, just somewhere in FG's Forums.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2019, 04:29
Someone out there did an ext to change the names of things to what they are in AiME, and add the new skills but I have no idea where it was posted, just somewhere in FG's Forums.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37167-Adventures-in-Middle-Earth

LoremasterCBurke
July 8th, 2019, 04:41
Yeah I typed most of it by hand. I couldn't get the pdf file to convert to the XML file

vegaserik
July 8th, 2019, 07:58
I just copied and paste into FG from the pdf. Then fixed the format.

LoremasterCBurke
July 8th, 2019, 09:17
Okay I'll have to try that. I talked to one of the reps for Cubicle 7. He said they were in negotiations with Roll20 and Fantasy grounds for there games systems. So hopefully we wont have to do that anymore lol

Arion
August 16th, 2019, 12:47
I hope that C7 come on board. I spent about 2 years trying to get Dominic interested, but never got anywhere!

mostcallmetim
August 19th, 2019, 20:12
Trying to convert the PDF's to the xdl files. I talked to the guys at cubicle 7 they are interested in getting into Fantasy Grounds. I guess they are trying work on a contract

That would be amazing!

Trenloe
August 20th, 2019, 15:01
It would be great if Cubicle 7 got onboard with Fantasy Grounds. But, that's only the first step... There will need to be a community developer step up and take it on - and finish it!

kerrigaj
September 6th, 2019, 20:39
I have converted every 5E book for FG for use in my campaign (plus a few TOR books I have that have yet to be produced for 5E). MASQs NPC Engineer was essential! If anyone from Cubicle 7 is reading, let me know if you are interested.

LoremasterCBurke
September 8th, 2019, 20:17
I have converted every 5E book for FG for use in my campaign (plus a few TOR books I have that have yet to be produced for 5E). MASQs NPC Engineer was essential! If anyone from Cubicle 7 is reading, let me know if you are interested.

Hi Kerrigaj, how are you doing. I' ve been typing the books for Adventures in Middle-earth 5e from Cubicle 7 by hand. Into Fantasy Grounds. Without Parser5 or any other programs. Is your program easy to use ., because if it is . It would make are gaming sessions so much easier to play and DM. If you can help I would appreciate that.

deer_buster
September 12th, 2019, 15:40
It would be great if Cubicle 7 got onboard with Fantasy Grounds. But, that's only the first step... There will need to be a community developer step up and take it on - and finish it!

Actually, it would be nice if the publishers would do it...they should have all the source materials in easier to convert formats. Just sayin' it would be nice.

Trenloe
September 12th, 2019, 17:30
Actually, it would be nice if the publishers would do it...they should have all the source materials in easier to convert formats.
What usually happens, with an agreement with a publisher for FG conversions, is that the publisher provides the material as original digital files (InDesign, PhotoShop PSD, etc.) to Smiteworks, and the community developer assigned to that product gets those digital files for their conversion work. One of the big hangups we get with some publishers when asked about Fantasy Grounds conversions is that they think they'll be doing the conversion themselves, and so a lot back off. The best approach is to get someone familiar with both the product being converted and Fantasy Grounds - usually a community developer who is enthusiastic about converting the product. Publishers usually have a lot on their plate just getting their own products out the door, let alone taking on VTT conversions.

daddystabz
April 13th, 2020, 11:46
Is there someone I can download an AIME ruleset for FG Classic?

GunnarGreybeard
April 13th, 2020, 17:09
As far as I am aware, there is no ruleset but there is an extension that does this. It's posted somewhere on the forums here.