PDA

View Full Version : Feats, feats and more feats.

Pilsnerquest
October 2nd, 2006, 18:20
Hey everyone,

I have a question about feats, or really about the "stacking" of feats. I have a PC who has the improved trip and improved disarm feats along with combat expertise. My question is, can I declare my PC is using combat expertise to drop his attack bonus by -1 to raise his defense by +1 while in the same round using the improved trip/disarm feats to trip or disarm someone?

thanks,

Pilsnerquest

kalmarjan
October 2nd, 2006, 18:38
Hey everyone,

I have a question about feats, or really about the "stacking" of feats. I have a PC who has the improved trip and improved disarm feats along with combat expertise. My question is, can I declare my PC is using combat expertise to drop his attack bonus by -1 to raise his defense by +1 while in the same round using the improved trip/disarm feats to trip or disarm someone?

thanks,

Pilsnerquest

Yes. By doing so, you would be sacrificeing part of your advantage to having the improved trip/disarm feats, but you could do this.

Kalmarjan

Griogre
October 2nd, 2006, 19:44
As Kalmarjan mentioned, yes you can. This is very similar to a fighter with power attack charging to gain the plus +2 to hit and then power attacking for 2 for a net +0 to attack, -2 AC and +2 damage.

Pilsnerquest
October 4th, 2006, 04:13
Great, thanks for the info.

Pilsnerquest

neceros
November 29th, 2006, 06:04
Yes. Declaring the use of Power Attack or Combat Expertise is so quick it isn't even considered an action in and of it self. It is merely part of the action you are attempting to preform. These sorts of decisions can be made as many times as you like until said action is taken, then you can change your decision next round.