PDA

View Full Version : LFP- looking for one more player for a sunday Hombrew campagain pathfinder 1e

belkasro
July 5th, 2019, 03:21
I’m currently helping my GM helping to find one more player for the new campaign we are starting. This plans to be a long term campaign and this is not a normal pathfinder game. Pm me if looking for heavy RP with intense combat. Experience old school players highly welcome.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Pathfinder 1e
Time Zone:
Day of week and time: Sundays at 4pm eastern time -5 EMT
If new game, planned start date: 07/07/2019 4pm eastern time
Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly
Term: Long term (last campaign last almost 3 years)
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, depends on group
Number of Players in game & needed: need 1 player
what we have so far:
Slayer (archer)
Fighter (sword and board tank)
fighter (dex based)
Sorcerer (evoker)
Cleric / wizard (wants to go mystic thruge)

Character starting level & equipment: read the campaign details below (three levels in NPC and one Normal class level)
Character restrictions: read the campaign details below.

Details of your scenario:

Please Download the PDF to get the full Rules and Primise. this will tell the hombrew changes and ideas how the story is. (word count was way to high for the side. The pdf is called MUST READ)

(CAMPAIGN RULES)

(1) This is a homebrew storyline set on my own created world of: Terrene O’Lydeus. It is a run that is going to be a “Long-Term Campaign” … the ability to go over level 21 is able to be done.

(2) Will be using “Archives of Nethys” as resource … NOT pfsrd.com
Reason: pfsrd is starting to incorporate TOO much content in a sense… still can use
For references and looking up feats, spells and such … but for the majority of the class rules, information, etc…. Nethys will be the basis…https://www.aonprd.com/ (link to Archives of Nethys)

(3) We all are guilty of “Meta-Gaming” at one point or another. Since there is no way that I can prove if anyone is or isn’t “Meta-Gaming”, we are going to go on honor system and hope you don’t. Most of us already have base idea of what most creatures are and what they are not. As well as weaknesses and strengths. BUT, On my world. Not all is as it seems. I took that into consideration when it came to creating the world. So, what you thought you did or didn’t know … could also cause big issues for your party. Most races I DON’T do “racial” level ups…. Especially if they are humanoid or the like… a lot of them level in class and gain abilities based on the classes as well as some of my creatures may have or have not evolved to develop new and unique abilities… Just hope it is fun and challenging all over again knowing there are more surprises and the like when it comes to dealing with enemies or
NPC’s … like the old days when first encountering them for the first time.

(4) This game will have a forum to be able to be utilized. With the basis of this campaign I can see the forums being a BIG part of the game to come, especially since there is intrigue and a good amount of RP being needed in some of the situations as well as, needing good plans, contacts, etc…
Been using this and found out, it does help drive the roleplay of characters and story. As well as, a place for information to be listed. Like I won’t have ALL the lore of my world on the site, but a good general lore will be posted… If interested in specifics, send me a PM and I can fill you in on what it is you are wanting to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALLOWABLE CLASSES:

Alchemist
Arcanist
Barbarian
Barbarian (unchained)
Bard
Bloodrager
Brawler
Cavalier
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Hunter
Inquisitor
Investigator
Magus
Monk
Monk (unchained)
Ninja
Oracle
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue (unchained)
Samurai
Shifter
Skald
Slayer
Sorcerer
Swashbuckler
Vigilante
Warpriest
Witch
Wizard

Also allowed will be the “Valkyrie” class…

It is a hybrid class mixed between “Paladin / Barbarian” … I have the information on this class
purchased on my Fantasy Grounds… if curious / interested, ask me and I get with you on it.

BANNED CLASSES: (classes that focus on psionics and spirits)

Anti-Paladin
Gunslinger
Kineticist
Occultist
Medium
Spiritualist
Mesmerist
Shaman
Psychic
Summoner

ALLOWABLE RACES:

CORE: -

Human
Half-Elf
Half-Orc
Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Gnome

PLANAR:
Aasimar
Tiefling
Ifrit
Oread
Suli

OTHER:
Catfolk
Hobgoblin
Kitsune
Ratfolk
Vishkanya

CHARACTER CREATION:

(1) 25 point buy builds.
No stat (with racial bonus) can exceed 18 nor can any stat be lowered below an 8 at time of creation.

(2) Characters will begin with 3 additional levels. These are NOT class levels, they are NPC levels. I believe ALL characters had to have a beginning before they became a class.
(example: Child was born into a merchant family (expert/aristocrat) and developed a talent for magic, so was sent off to train as wizard college….)

(3) Need a general background of character… does not need to be super detailed nor 30 pages. A good solid page of your character will be enough.

(4) Traits: Will be allowed to pick 2 traits. Both CAN’T be from the same type. (combat, social, etc…)
(1) Campaign Traits aren’t allowed… those are for specific campaigns for Paizo.

(5) Starting gold … +50% of what starting class gold is. (4,500 gold)
No, you can’t “Craft” your starting items to save money. Why I giving a 25% bonus, to help provide a tad bit more to be able to get a couple extra things.

(6) DM Wheelhouse. This is something new I am going to do for this game to see how well it works.

(1) Depending on background, story, ideas, or what nots… I will allocate “stuff” to characters. This could range from +1 to 2 in ability stat, heirloom weapon, minor magic item (trinket), etc… to give your character something “more”. Also, to help you create A “character” over a murder hobo.

belkasro
July 5th, 2019, 03:22
The Dawn Wars: (Premise)

Circa Year 92 – 5th age
“Year of Waning Stars”

It has been 92 years since the “War of Exarchs.” A war that ravaged both the world and the heavens alike. Some gods fell and new gods rose. With the aid of the group, “The Aimless Dragons”, the world was
saved, but at great personal cost. In the city center of Corre Wynne, stands the last and only monument to this triumphant group of adventurers who saved the world from the resurrected form of Tiamat and drove her from this world, marking the beginning of the 5th age.

It was during the “War of Exarchs” one kingdom tried to take advantage of the chaos and turmoil facing the lands. The Kingdom of Ostwynne, home to the Blood Tyrant – Estabul Eichorn, (the vessel of bane) marched his forces on the other kingdoms to conquer and rule them all. With the other 5 kingdoms fighting the Fel Hordes, the Kingdom of Oswtynne almost succeeded. When Tiamat fell, the other kingdoms were able to concentrate and work together to drive the forces of Ostwynne back to their own lands. It was during this time, the King of Oswtynne was banished from the council of 6 kings. With gnomish inventions, dwarven crafts and a new resolve, A general of Corre Wynne rose up and lead the armies of the 6 kingdoms to victory. After 12 more years of war, the Blood Tyrant surrendered to the council of 6 kings.

For the next 65 years, kingdoms tried to rebuild. New lords and heroes were risen up and led the people to a new age. Then on the day of “Black Sun” Ostwynne unleashed a new weapon and drove their armies forward once again. With their kingdom in dire straits, famine and disease ridden, the Blood Tyrant shook the lands with his new-found power. Seeking to conquer the 6 kingdoms once more, he marched forward. With the power of bane behind him, the remnants of the Fel Horde, Tiefling mercenaries, rogue dragons and giant marauders, he came close once again to driving the 6 kingdoms to their knees. If it were not for a brave group of Heroes, he would have succeeded.

Shortly after Ostwynnes retreat, the nobles called for surrender with the nation in uproar, a quick and violent civil war broke out… “War of the Bloody Nobles”. In the end, the strength of house Eichorn proved it was too great to overcome and they took control of the kingdom once again. They made a public display for the armies outside their walls as the Blood Tyrant had every member of 7 noble houses (one being his own sisters house) publicly and horrifically executed…

Knowing that the house of Eichorn has reclaimed their position once again, the kingdoms of Styr and Pellinde took advantage of the weakened state of Ostwynne and seized out-lying garrisons and estates, ensuring they have a presence within Ostwynne, to help dissuade further wars.

After 15 years of a long and bloody war, the heroic group, “Eclipse” rose up and took the fight to the Blood Tyrant like no other. Led by the twin born, Lhuna and Calen Vetz and accompanied by a couple childhood friends. They fought their way to the throne room of Estabul Eichorn, the Blood Tyrant. There a battle with the “Vessel of Bane” took place, with the heroes finally able to bring him down.

….. “STORY BEGINS”

It has been 5 years since the occupation of Ostwynne has happened. With the foreign military and noble presence in the kingdom, word has gotten out that “Eclipse has killed the “Bloody Tyrant”. The kingdom is in
chaos, confusion and some are celebrating this news. Nobles and jockeying for power and position and others are looking to gain favor by other means.

With his death, his widow, the queen… Lycia Eichorn, now has prominence. She is one who is not “favored” by many of the citizens. Her use of the “dark arts” and rumors of
mysterious disappearances of young girls who entered into her “care”, some of the citizens fear her…

So now has come the time of crowning a new king, King Estabul Eichorn left behind 3 sons… each have equal claim to the throne… but only 1 can become king…

(1) The oldest – Mallix Eichorn age: 32

The oldest of the 3 siblings is Mallix. He is an accomplished warrior and commander. Devotee to the church of Bane. He is cold and calculating and truly dispises the “outsiders” hold on his kingdom. More akin to his ancestor – Estabul – than the citizens like, but being first born, his claim to the throne is the strongest.

(2) The middle – Coldeyr Eichorn age: 28

The middle sibling – Coldery is also known by another nickname among the people. The puppet. Everyone knows the queen favors him to take the throne, since he is still more akin to a spoiled child than an adult. He does as mommy says, but he is truly black in his heart. Few women suitors who he has taken a fancy for, have come up missing over the years. Some were found, with horrendous wounds showing massive torture and some poisoned. But no evidence, witnesses or proof can lead back to the “Puppet”.

(3) The youngest – Kieran Eichorn age: 19

The youngest of the group, Kiran Eichorn. He was not born of the queen – Lycia. In his later years, the king took on a second wife. Everyone knows he did not favor his two sons from the queen. So, he took another wife in hopes of having someone worthy. Shortly after his birth, there were a few attempts on Kieran’s life. No evidence pointed anywhere to anyone about who were behind them. So, worried for the life of his son, he sent him to be raised in a church that could protect him and teach him. The church of Helm, in Shandathe (capital of Styr) excepted this child and promised to raise him safely and teach him discipline and wisdom.

Ostwynne tradition mandates, that when a member of royalty dies, there are 30 days of mourning and celebrations. As people get together during the 30 days to prepare for the funeral, strange events begin to happen around Ostwynne.

(1) Some of the few nobles who were in support of Kiran Eichorn to become the next king have either come up missing or have been found murdered.

(2) Nobles in support of Mallix have now speaking against him and switching sides to the declaration of rulership for Coldeyr. Causing the eldest to use his military power/influence to strengthen his position for his claim to the throne.

(3) Troop movement has shown some soldiers setting up camps around Ostwynne in strategic locations, mostly around the capital city and some of the outlying former garrisons that once belonged to the kingdom. Pellinde and Styr also, started some troop movement to fortify their positions.

(4) A “faction/Group” has started making moves in the city… vandalizing and leaving graffiti in places of influence for support for Coldeyr. Also, this group is striking out against the military supply lines, trying to disorganize the troop movement.

(5) On his way back home from Shandathe, Kieran Eichorn’s caravan was ambushed. Leaving everyone dead, but the young prince’s body was no where to be found.

(7) Rumors of the Kings 2nd wife, Isabelle; went missing the night of the kings death and none have seen or heard from her since. People speculate that the queen was involved in this some-how… others think she is in hiding..

(RUMORS)

(1) People keep seeing “outsiders” moving through the streets at night, only to be gone by morning. No one is sure what is going on, but the reports list some of them as “Not Human”…

(2) Some merchants and minor nobles have been seen closing shops and moving out. Rumors of another civil war breaking out keep (if Coldyer becomes king) circulating and some are leaving before they are caught up in it. As well as other are leaving out of fear of Mallix becoming king, thinking he is going to lead the kingdom down the path of war once more.

(3) Many of the nobles are against the return of Kieran, the youngest of the children. Not knowing his political standing, influences and being raised outside of Ostwynne, some view him as a king who would further the political standing of other kingdoms over their own.

(4) Rumors surrounding the queen, saying she is moving behind the shadows to ensure the crowning of Coldeyr. With the crowning of Coldeyr, some say it is a way for her to keep rulership by using him to push her agendas. Agenda that are still unknown to almost all.

(5) Oustiders have been seen taking up residence in and outside the capital city. Small groups / adventuring bands are showing up. Some say they are being hired by nobles and others alike for many different reasons. Ranging from assassination plots to bodyguard/protection.

belkasro
July 5th, 2019, 03:22
HOMEBREW CHANGES:

(01) NEW ability stat: LUCK
Luck is an ability stat the can change the course of battle. Its modifier is the same as
all other stats. (IE: 14 luck - +2 ) … the “modifier” can be applied to rolls. Characters get 1 luck roll every 4 levels.
( 1 at lvl 1 ) ( 2 at lvl 5 ) ( 3 at lvl 9 )

The character can apply the “luck” bonus to any d20 roll (attack, save, skill, ability) as an
“immediate” action. Must be applied before the d20 roll is made. Luck also has another effect.
luck will also be used to help modify “dodge” ac. Making some classes who utilize light or no
armor more viable for all out combat. Every point of “Luck” applies to dodge ac. Negative luck does affect dodge ac negatively. Doing this to help prevent luck being the catch all dump stat for point buy. So, dump luck, makes it easier to be hit… just remember that when building character.

(02) Human, Half-Elf and Half-Orc: Ability stat change. Gain an extra +2 ability stats. The stats have to be spent like this:
1 in a physical stat (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution)
1 in a mental stat. (Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma or Luck)

(03) You get to choose 2 traits. Traits have to come from different categories and none can come from
The “campaign” category since those are dedicated to premade campaigns for Pathfinder…

(04) There are some changes to combat as well.

(a) Can not move through “allies” square as if it is unoccupied. I have never agreed with such rule.

(b) Two – Weapon Fighting will change. Attack with both main and off-hand are going to be considered “standard”. But when pertaining to attacks of opportunity, can only
use one of them with the -2 penalty still applying. (even if the character has made no attacks before the attack of opportunity) If have the feat “Combat Reflexes” wilder can make 2 attack of opportunity, (main / off-hand attacks) but they count towards the total attacks of opportunity the wielder has per round.

(c) NO spell caps
I don’t believe in “capping” spells. Yes, you heard that right. There is no reason in this world that a level 15 wizard’s fireball should be the same size as a level 10 wizard. I think the more powerful you are, the more your magic should show it.

(05) No Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral alignments will be allowed.

(06) Knowledge: Local is always in-class skill for everyone. Everyone will start with 1 bonus skill point in this skill…(this bonus point in Knowledge local will pertain to the kingdom you are from)

(07) Since every race out there has basically a “Racial Weapon” I allow humans to have the racial weapon of Bastard Sword. Meaning free exotic weapon feat…to be able to use 1 or 2 handed with no penalty.

(08) No leadership feats

(09) Hit points will be maxed on character level up

(10) Healing spell will be “maxed” when healing out of combat. But wands, potions and other healing items still need to be rolled. (IE: potion of cure light or wand of cure moderate, etc...,)

Healing “Potions” will also be 50% of their normal cost, but that is due to the fact I want to try
Something NEW. It is going to take a total of 1 min (or 10 rounds) for the Healing Potion to be fully effective. (If you take a cure serious potion and roll 20 points healed, then you are healing at a rate of 2 hp/round for 10 rounds.)

This is also going to make the “purchase/crafting” of healing potions easier to obtain as well in the world setting. So, they can be more readily available, but not as powerful as say a cure spell or wand.

(11) BOTCHING can happen on EVERYTHING!!!!

I know the rules say that there are some things that a 1 is auto miss and that is all.
A roll of a 1 on a d20 for skills, abilities, attacks, etc. Means you “Critically Failed”
and that something “bad” CAN happen in the given situation… so be prepared for
possibly stabbing an ally or tripping over your feet face first into a pile of crap….
the outcome of the botch is situational to what you are doing at the time…
Expect something to happen on a roll of a 1.

(12) What is good for the goose is good for the gander….

If you the type that wants to take called shots to the throat all day, well, guess what … DM will start taking called shots on the player’s throats. Not saying that sometimes they aren’t handy and that you can’t use them. I know there are situations and events that a well – placed shot can turn the tide of a battle and by all means go for it, no punishment there, but punishment for abuse of it. If you have a character that built (legally) the means to go for kill shot through class abilities and feats, then there is no punishment, you worked and achieved the ability to do so.

(13) This is a game of imagination and fantasy.

I hate rule lawyers and book Nazis. I don’t mind being corrected, but as I stated earlier, I do have my own set of rules on some things that I do go with OVER what the book says. These are some examples…. If you are curious to specific rules and what not, there is going to be a way to ask me about that rule and I will let you know … But if you have a query about some rules and want to know more, then ask me (privately) and we go from there, or if there is a contest of wills between how a wording to specific feats and abilities say, where it can go either way, then we DISCUSS it, no yelling no rule-mongering.

(14) I have played MANY different worlds, systems and games
Over time I have found something from each of them that I have incorporated into my world ... so if something is familiar with a setting you've played, it probably is ...

cover me!
July 5th, 2019, 15:05
Hi Belkasro,

I would be keen to join your game. I know Pathfinder well and I've read the rules for your homebrew. Luck is an interesting stat, I like it.

I have my own FG license and use discord. Played Pathfinder on FG and tabletop for years.

im based in +1 GMT so the playing time and day work perfectly for me.

Cheers, Matt

belkasro
July 5th, 2019, 18:50
Ok found out player and slot got filled