PDA

View Full Version : Delete Story from a WOTC Campaign

CheeseN1P
July 5th, 2019, 02:43
Kinda just wanna use the assets for saltmarsh but focus more on my home brew world and my story. Can I just delete the story quests and encounters out of my campaign of FG? when I try it dose not seem to work.

wndrngdru
July 5th, 2019, 03:10
I would suggest dragging a new copy of any asset you want to use, then unload the module. The copies should remain in your campaign without all the other stuff you don't want.

Edit: Oh, and welcome!

kalmarjan
July 5th, 2019, 05:30
This will save me a tonne of work on my homebrew. Looks like I will need to buy saltmarsh!

Trenloe
July 5th, 2019, 08:22
Kinda just wanna use the assets for saltmarsh but focus more on my home brew world and my story. Can I just delete the story quests and encounters out of my campaign of FG? when I try it dose not seem to work.
It'd probably easier to just ignore the records you don't want to use, and edit and share with the players the ones that you do.

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2019, 10:07
Create new groups for Story, encounters, etc and put your stuff in those groups and as Trenloe says leave the Saltmarsh stuff where it is. You can't delete things from a module.

Bidmaron
July 5th, 2019, 11:10
I would suggest dragging a new copy of any asset you want to use, then unload the module. The copies should remain in your campaign without all the other stuff you don't want.

Edit: Oh, and welcome!
Zach, seems like what he said is better way. Removing the module after copying stuff is effectively deleting unwanted material from your campaign.

Of course, Tenloe’s solution is way easier if you aren’t changing any of the stuff you want to use.