PDA

View Full Version : Characters - Drag and Drop Rules

amerigoV
July 4th, 2019, 23:55
For a character, it does not appear you can drag/drop specific rules into the character sheet (for Savage Worlds anyway, I did not try other rulesets). For example, if your PC favors grappling (the Bane of all rule systems) it would be nice to drag and drop those specific rules and conditions onto the Notes to have handy. Am I missing this?

I can have a Story on the GM side that has links to the PC and links to the specific rules but I am not seeing a way to allow the player to further edit the story themselves.

Any thoughts? Does that need to be a request? Or is there something fundamental behind the scenes that does not allow this.

Thanks.

Talyn
July 5th, 2019, 01:01
The text field on both the [Main] and the [Notes] tab are string text only, therefore do not accept link drops or any text styles (bold, italic, etc.). That is common to every ruleset.

The usual suggestion is to drop any rule pages (or anything else) that a player (or yourself) think they might be referring to frequently onto one of the hotbar slots. That's what they're there for.

damned
July 5th, 2019, 04:56
hah - MoreCore has lots of sections that you can drag and drop that kinda data into.
so not every ruleset!

amerigoV
July 5th, 2019, 18:18
The text field on both the [Main] and the [Notes] tab are string text only, therefore do not accept link drops or any text styles (bold, italic, etc.). That is common to every ruleset.

The usual suggestion is to drop any rule pages (or anything else) that a player (or yourself) think they might be referring to frequently onto one of the hotbar slots. That's what they're there for.

Ahh - I have been so focused on all the other places you can drag and drop stuff that I plumb forgot the hotkeys. Thanks!