PDA

View Full Version : "Go for the Throat" in Fantasy Grounds

Solden
July 4th, 2019, 19:40
Hey guys

I'm planning to use a few cyber dogs in my campaign but I'm having trouble to make Fantasy Grounds auto-calculate this "Go fot The Throat" effect. (With a raise on its attack roll, the monster hits the target's most weakly-armored location). So I tried to create an effect to make the dog ignore the target's armor on a raise and I failed miserably. :(

Is it possible to create an effect like this on FG?

Solden
July 16th, 2019, 23:47
Nobody? :cry:

Eru the One
July 17th, 2019, 00:00
You could add "AP" to a second damage roll and set it to some high number to negate all the armor, but I don't know of any other effect in place to do that within FG at the moment.

Doswelk
July 17th, 2019, 08:58
Hey guys

I'm planning to use a few cyber dogs in my campaign but I'm having trouble to make Fantasy Grounds auto-calculate this "Go fot The Throat" effect. (With a raise on its attack roll, the monster hits the target's most weakly-armored location). So I tried to create an effect to make the dog ignore the target's armor on a raise and I failed miserably. :(

Is it possible to create an effect like this on FG?

I just modify the toughness in the combat tracker accordingly after the damage had been rolled, but before I allow soak rolls or click Apply.

Solden
July 22nd, 2019, 11:04
You could add "AP" to a second damage roll and set it to some high number to negate all the armor, but I don't know of any other effect in place to do that within FG at the moment.

I thought about that as well. That seems to be the way to go since there's no command line for this effect. Thanks for the reply.

Solden
July 22nd, 2019, 11:18
I just modify the toughness in the combat tracker accordingly after the damage had been rolled, but before I allow soak rolls or click Apply.

I can try that as well. Does the toughness go back to the original number after you apply the damage? I have to test it out. Thanks for the reply.

Doswelk
July 23rd, 2019, 12:31
I can try that as well. Does the toughness go back to the original number after you apply the damage? I have to test it out. Thanks for the reply.

Yes it doesn't change the actual toughness of any thing, it just changes the toughness for that calculation.