PDA

View Full Version : Changing Tokens in Encounter

kmfdm
July 3rd, 2019, 16:18
I used to be able to put 8 of the same monster into an encounter and be able to change each one to a different token.
BUT this seems not to work anymore... reason?
Will it be fixed?

Thanks

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2019, 16:22
What, exactly, doesn't work? Have you unlocked the encounter?

kmfdm
July 3rd, 2019, 16:24
Yes I unlock encounter and try to drag new token to the tokens under the name (not main one) but it wont change.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2019, 16:26
Yes I unlock encounter and try to drag new token to the tokens under the name (not main one) but it wont change.
Which ruleset are you using?

Could you provide a screenshot showing the encounter setup?

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2019, 16:27
You can't change the tokens under the NPC name if that is what you are referring to. Those are just markers to show whether the NPCs have been placed on a map or not. The only token you can change in an encounter is the one on the extreme left next to the number of beasties. If you want different tokens for each beast the you'll need to add each NPC separately and change the token against each one.

kmfdm
July 3rd, 2019, 16:28

kmfdm
July 3rd, 2019, 16:29
You can't change the tokens under the NPC name if that is what you are referring to. Those are just markers to show whether the NPCs have been placed on a map or not. The only token you can change in an encounter is the one on the extreme left next to the number of beasties. If you want different tokens for each beast the you'll need to add each NPC separately and change the token against each one.

Which is weird cause I used to be able to change those to give variation of the same mook.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2019, 16:30
Ah, sorry, I think I know what you're talking about.

You've never been able to change the token below the creature name in the encounter at an individual level. You can only change the token to the left of the creature name and number, which changes all of the tokens below the creature name. The FG code (in CoreRPG that is used by most rulesets) has never contained the ability to have multiple tokens on one line in the encounter.

If you want different tokens, you'll need to have a line for each creature in the encounter, and change the main token for each creature.