PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher TRPG ruleset

metazeta
July 1st, 2019, 10:01
Hi everyone,
I would like to announce the beta release of our fan-made Witcher TRPG ruleset, made with the blessing of the editor Talsorian.

We are a team of three fellow french developpers and we have been working on this new ruleset for a few months now.
At this point we would need the public to take a look at it and give us some feedback to make it even better.
Please add an issue on github for every imperfection / or idea of improvement you encounter.

This Beta 0.2 release features :
- A partially automated character sheet (skill roll, attack, defense, spells, wounds threshold,...)
- A NPC sheet
- Modifiers
- Combat tracker with initiative handling, hp and stamina.
- A complete rework of the theme to recall the most recent video game and get you into the mood.

Please give use some feedback preferably by putting an issue on github.

you can download this release on https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

here you will also find a bestiary, a calendar and a spells module.

Happy gaming.

damned
July 1st, 2019, 10:05
Well done guys!

metazeta
July 1st, 2019, 11:25
Thanks, the Talsorian team has been awesome to allow us to distribute the ruleset free of charge. With some artwork, spells and a bestiary. I hope it will be put to good use.

Samzagas
July 3rd, 2019, 21:02
Nice work! My players are going to love having a dedicated ruleset.

sylv0308
November 13th, 2019, 10:21
Hello there,
For those who are interested, we published a new version of the ruleset this week.
Changelog and download available here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Don't hesitate to send us your feedback using the issue section of github.

garrion_sw
January 1st, 2020, 21:24
I'm getting the following errors when loading into FGU:

[1/1/2020 3:14:33 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[1/1/2020 3:14:48 PM] [NOTICE] Requesting cloud server.
[1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[1/1/2020 3:15:12 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
[1/1/2020 3:15:12 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
[1/1/2020 3:15:13 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
[1/1/2020 3:15:18 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) ()
[1/1/2020 3:15:19 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) (graphics/icons/arrow_sm_down.png)
[1/1/2020 3:15:21 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) ()
[1/1/2020 3:15:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file (WitcherTRPG) (strings/strings_campaign2.xml): '', hexadecimal value 0x1E, is an invalid character. Line 309, position 156.
[1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
[1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Lost connection to game server instance. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

EDIT
I went ahead and fixed this myself. There were several issues that needed resolved. There was a missing graphic and there were some errors in a couple of the XML files. The combat tab is still throwing an error that I'll troubleshoot later but at least the ruleset is loading now. Once I get it error free I'll share.

Moon Wizard
January 2nd, 2020, 00:36
For FGU-specific issues; please post in the FGU playtest forum as well.

Here is a version with all the files updated to remove errors/warnings on launch; and a list of files changed.

Since I'm travelling, I'll let the someone else handle getting this on the GitHub. Here is a list of the changed files:
campaign/record_char_main.xml
graphics/graphics_frames.xml
graphics/graphics_icons.xml
strings/strings_campaign2.xml

Regards,
JPG

metazeta
January 3rd, 2020, 13:48
Hey,
It has already been fixed in a separate github branch actually. It should be merged in the next release.

https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/tree/unity

FGU is not supported yet though

garrion_sw
January 4th, 2020, 16:37
Sorry, Moon Wizard. I saw all your responses to my string of posts. I was on a roll going through and testing all the rulesets. I'll redirect to the FGU subforum from here on out. It just seemed cluttered and rather than start a new thread I thought posting here would be better since this was a specific ruleset issue for the dev to look at and not a generic Unity issue.

Thanks

sylv0308
March 9th, 2020, 22:49
A new version is now available with complete combat automation (magic not handled yet, it's still wip).

Changelog and download available here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

MadBeardMan
March 26th, 2020, 13:19
Hi,

I see you use GitHub for this, are you open to pull requests? I pulled this down last night and the theme hurts my eyes, plus doesn't layer properly on larger screen sizes.

Carry on the good work though, as I want to play The Witcher I don't mind giving some of my time on it.

Cheers,
MBM

sylv0308
March 26th, 2020, 15:42
Hi MadBeardMan

Yes ! Any help is welcome and you can make pull requests, we'll check them as soon as we can.

Thanks and stay safe
Sylv

Unkept
March 27th, 2020, 15:04
I actually tried to modify the theme on my own, for the same reason as MadBeardMan.

Unfortunately I'm completed new to FG / creating rulesets and so I am getting an error about d6 dice. :D

Really happy about this being available, as my planned local Witcher game is on hold due to the pandemic, but I would like to run it online.

If you could offer the theme as light colors I think that's all I would need to be able to use it. Great work!

-Joe

brazouck
May 5th, 2020, 09:48
Hello, i would like to change the character sheet language to french, How can I do it please ? Thanks a lot
I know how to modify MOD files in other rulesets, but I didn't find in this one where the values for skills names were

new_vision
May 21st, 2020, 07:08
So... anybody here still interested in a lighter theme? I did a small conversion (it is a wop, but covers almost everything and is useable) to be lighter on the eyes. It uses a lighter background, the main windows are of a coffee-like color.

sylv0308
May 21st, 2020, 08:37
@brazouk, I replied to your issue on git about that, tell me if your need further help

@new_vision : I'm interested to see what you did :) I can also put a link to download it (crediting you of course) if you want alongside the main download

new_vision
May 21st, 2020, 10:21
@new_vision : I'm interested to see what you did :) I can also put a link to download it (crediting you of course) if you want alongside the main download

Cool. I put it here and if you like it, you can put it into the main download on Github if you like.

sylv0308
May 21st, 2020, 10:34
Thank you :)
Tell me how do you want me to credit you (name, link to a personnal page, ...) and I'll add a link to your extension asap

new_vision
May 21st, 2020, 10:38
Name is enough, it is mentioned in the chat window of FG anyway. Hope you like it. Works best with "scaleui" set to 100. But that was the case for the original as well.

sylv0308
May 21st, 2020, 10:44
Ok I'll do it soon. Thank you for sharing your work.
I personally prefer very dark background, as I spend most of my waking hours behind a screen, my eyes get teary real quick with light backgrounds but I understand some people may have other preferences so I'm glad you did this !

Jorune
June 20th, 2020, 08:26
Was just checking the page to see if anyone one attempted a Witcher's ruleset for FG. Looking forward to trying this out. :-)

Galkurt
July 5th, 2020, 06:17
Any plans on icoporating the Witchers Journals Bestiary?

sylv0308
July 5th, 2020, 08:38
Was just checking the page to see if anyone one attempted a Witcher's ruleset for FG. Looking forward to trying this out. :-)

Hope you'll enjoy it. Let me know if you encounter any bug

sylv0308
July 5th, 2020, 08:40
Any plans on icoporating the Witchers Journals Bestiary?

I'll do it if Talsorian allow me to.

But next update will be focused more on Effects and Magic.

Galkurt
July 5th, 2020, 09:18
Thanks for the quick response mate, excited to see whats next!!

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 17:28
@MetaZeta,
I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53781-On-Licensing-Distribution-of-Community-Content). Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post :)

I also know you have talked with Talsorian and if they have allowed you to use any of the IP, please make sure you don't release anything of theirs without their permission. Thanks!

Jay_NOLA
July 31st, 2020, 12:18
I snagged the GenCon Witcher Bundle from dtrpg and downloaded the 4.0 version of the FG Ruleset and noticed a bug with the Tokens button. Having other library items disabled doesn't help. It looks like too many things are trying to show up in one row and tokens is getting merged with previous button. I still can select tokens an the button/item is getting merged with but not easily as. See the attached image.

Also, not sure if anyone missed this but Greg Bruni did a token set of Witcher monsters recently. See the link for more details.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/321319/Fantasy-Tokens-Set-25-Dark-Menagerie

Jay_NOLA
July 31st, 2020, 12:20
Duplicate post ignore.

Galkurt
July 31st, 2020, 12:28
Yer I snagged those tokens also.

sylv0308
July 31st, 2020, 13:27
Hi Jay,
With 1920x1080 resolution and scaleui 100 I don't have this problem (see image)

Do you have different settings ?

Jay_NOLA
August 1st, 2020, 12:33
Hey sylv038,

my laptop has as a 1280x800 resolution, that is the highest it can go to. I am using FG Classic.

Hurske
August 1st, 2020, 20:41
Hi, I just got a group together to run the Witcher, testing out some of the combat automation, and am pulling an error that stops the damage being applied to an enemy on the combat tracker, who should I message this to?

sylv0308
August 3rd, 2020, 13:43
Hi everybody,

Jay, you can try to hide temporary some features you don't use in the library such as vehicles for exemple.
What's strange is when I change my own resolution to match yours, the sidebar is changing to display icons on 2 columns (see image 38301).

Hurske, I got your issue report on Github, bug is fixed and a new release should be available soon.

Althea

Jay_NOLA
August 3rd, 2020, 21:17
Hey,
I'm not sure why the sidebar isn't showing the 2 columns. All my other rule sets do 2 columns. I have to switch off just about all the features for tokens to show up right. It does show up if I am using just the create PC features. I also don't have an Audio button like you do in your screenshot. Are you running a extra extension that is adding one?

Did notice these other bugs over the weekend.

Noticed these bugs on the Character Sheet:

1.) If you roll damage for a punch or kick a Script Error occurs.
2.) A Damage roll for a punch or kick shows the Type of attack is unknown. That the Non-lethal Effect can't be shown.
3.) If you accidently add dice or a number to the damage for a punch or kick you can't clear the damage so it resets back to the starting default.
4.) Getting an error when I roll damage for the Withers's Silver Sword but no problem with rolling damage for the Steel Sword. See the attached export of the character. I was entering in the pregens from Easy Mode over the weekend.

sylv0308
August 4th, 2020, 09:28
About the Audio icon yes, it's an extension indeed (I'm currently trying AudioOverseer for my next session)
Thanks for reporting the other bugs, I'm fixing this asap :)

Jay_NOLA
August 4th, 2020, 21:12
I Checked to see what happens if I enable the Audio Overseer extension and it causes the buttons to go onto 2 columns and display normally. Same thing occurs if I enable another extension that will add 1 or more extra buttons, like the Player Agency extension. I did a unzip of Player's one and it looks like that it is defying the location for one of the default ones.

Also, the buttons hasn't any for Spells. So you can't bring up spells that way. The lack of a spells button may be causing something I suspect I noticed that Player Agency actual sets a location for the button.

damned
August 4th, 2020, 23:47
Trenloe wrote an extension that will force the ruleset to display in a single column only. Try find that and see if it helps.

sylv0308
August 5th, 2020, 09:52
Hi guys !

New version available : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases
(read the changelog before updating)

Hurske
August 7th, 2020, 02:31
Awesome!

MasterJena
October 12th, 2020, 14:16
Just wanted to say this has been a wonderful tool for our quarantine games, cheers!

The combat automation is absolutely awesome. Saves a ton of time. We even got more confortable around combat now compared to when we started our campaign with face-to-face home sessions. Used to have 1 combat every 2-3 games since we would reeeeally avoid it because of all the math involved. Now every session everyone is eager to fight off monsters! Thank you, guys.

sylv0308
October 12th, 2020, 14:28
Thank you very much for your feedback, I'm very glad you like it :o !

phdeguerre
November 9th, 2020, 16:11
Hi guys, first of all, thanks for your work, it's really helpfull !
I am wondering, the skills in tne PC sheet are in duplicate. Did I do something wrong, or is there any bug ?

sylv0308
November 10th, 2020, 07:24
Hi and thank you for your feedback.

What version do you use ?
I recommend using the last version (downloadable here https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases), and reading the changelog from your version to the one you are updating. If your problem persists, send me your campaign as a zip file and I'll have a look a it (you can log an issue on github and attach your file if you want)

phdeguerre
November 10th, 2020, 08:45
Hi, thanks for your quick answer ;)
I am playing on the last one, beta 0.5.0 that you uploaded on the 5th of august.
I will try to send you the bug as you said on github.

Thanks.

Braptor
February 16th, 2021, 13:50
Hey Guys, first of all thank you for your work is being tremendously helpful!
I took the liberty of creating automated tables for the lifepath choosing during PC creation.

You only have to roll the tables with the [ROLL] tag and it calls all the other ones you may need.

I exported a module and am sharing with you in case you all find it helpful.

Regards.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jF_5IqRD_-IBjfmwd2ohrxJm_yPNKaD/view?usp=sharing

brazouck
February 22nd, 2021, 19:22
Hi, the module do not work anymore, when I open a list box I have lot of errors

Braptor
February 28th, 2021, 16:15
Same Here. A couple of weeks ago I was able to use it just fine, but now, almost everything that is a dropdown list is broken. too sad.

MadBeardMan
February 28th, 2021, 16:31
Hi All, it's probably because of the CoreRPG changes that were made, I had to update all of my rulesets

Can someone PM me in a few days if the original creator hasn't fixed it up, I'll make the fixes and send a push request to them.

Cheers,
MBM

Saeval
March 5th, 2021, 05:33
This looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it out. I'm still getting a few errors when I start up which is probably from the new CoreRPG update. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is done with this and possibly even getting an official ruleset to sell on the store because I would also support the hell out of that too.

Saeval
March 11th, 2021, 21:48
Does anyone know if there's some progress on this? I'm getting an error when it comes to the PC sheets and the profession drop down menu.

iolarion
April 9th, 2021, 17:14
Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank to the creator of the ruleset for the great work he did. I would like to ask if there will be an update to fix it after the core rpg update?

thank you

grizo2099
April 11th, 2021, 04:31
This looks super promising, but I am also curious if there are is an update is in the works to address the errors from the coreRPG update.

MadBeardMan
April 19th, 2021, 14:08
Hi All,

I was hoping to look into this last week but didn't find the time, I'll be looking into it tonight. As I didn't create this ruleset I won't be able to update the first post, however I will send them a push request and add the updated extension in my own post.

EDIT: There's a hotfix in the repo, so looks like it's all been done, see more here:

https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Cheers,
MBM

Saeval
April 20th, 2021, 20:27
I tried to report this on Github but I got annoyed with the stupid dice puzzle verification puzzle to sign up because I'm on my phone but it seems like it might not be compatible with the Unity version of Fantasy Grounds. When I load up a new campaign with no extensions I get a few error messages.

[ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for frame (shortcuts).
[WitcherTRPG] [graphics/graphics_frames.xml]
[ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for frame (windowtitle).
[ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for frame (tabs).
[ERROR] framedef: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for frame (imagebox_header).
[ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for icon (tabtop).
[WitcherTRPG] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[ERROR] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/frames/blank.png) for icon (ct_passive).
[WitcherTRPG] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]

Cyrian
June 6th, 2021, 04:45
This is amazing work! Thank you to all those who have put time it. If this is still actively being worked on, will there be refocused efforts for Unity due to the announcement of FGC support ending? It would also be great to take advantage of LOS, lighting, etc.!

gbwilkes
June 18th, 2021, 17:43
Many thanks for all the work that has been put in, I was just wondering is this for unity or classic FG, also is there plans to maybe release this as a full ruleset in the future

Regards

MMOaddicted
August 29th, 2021, 20:55
Quick question, using FG classic we cannot seem to drag a roll into the tower to roll it secretly from the skills tab on the character sheet, when we move our cursor it just automatically rolls it. Is there any solution for it?

MadBeardMan
August 29th, 2021, 23:56
Quick question, using FG classic we cannot seem to drag a roll into the tower to roll it secretly from the skills tab on the character sheet, when we move our cursor it just automatically rolls it. Is there any solution for it?

What do you mean by automatically rolls it, do you mean the player sees the dice roll (as does the GM/other players), if so, it means the dice event isn't looking for the 'secret' roll flag and would need updating to do so.

MMOaddicted
August 30th, 2021, 00:06
What do you mean by automatically rolls it, do you mean the player sees the dice roll (as does the GM/other players), if so, it means the dice event isn't looking for the 'secret' roll flag and would need updating to do so.

I mean, when I as a player or my gm, clicks on the skill total/the roll field, and attempts to drag it towards the tower to roll a secret roll, as soon as the cursor leaves the roll field, the roll is rolled openly in the chat. It happens with all of us for some reason.

MadBeardMan
August 30th, 2021, 00:12
I mean, when I as a player or my gm, clicks on the skill total/the roll field, and attempts to drag it towards the tower to roll a secret roll, as soon as the cursor leaves the roll field, the roll is rolled openly in the chat. It happens with all of us for some reason.

Ok so sounds odd, I don't have time today (it's midnight +12mins) but I'll see in the week to have a look, though it's not my ruleset.

MoonGod
September 22nd, 2021, 23:40
I adore all the work done for this. Is there any chance we can see the addition of the Witcher's Journal monsters to the bestiary?

MadBeardMan
December 17th, 2021, 17:56
Hey Folks,

Is there anyone working on this? I've been messaged on Twitter as I offered some help before? With the latest CoreRPG changes that have dropped things might be broken.

I've got a Witcher game planned early next year (Jan!) and with Covid on the prowl again in the UK it might just have to be VTT.

Cheers,
MBM

MMOaddicted
December 18th, 2021, 19:24
I keep getting an error whenever a turn is passed in the tracker. I am the player here, noone else gets this and IDK what I should do.
Error text below:
Script Error: [string "active"]:1: attempt to call field 'onActiveChanged' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "active"]:1: attempt to call field 'onActiveChanged' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'Reset all pending attacks.'

MMOaddicted
December 18th, 2021, 19:46
The github seems to have been last updated 26 days ago but there was no update to the release since April as far as I know. The ruleset is mostly workable aside some errors.

TREXMIST
January 4th, 2022, 07:08
Anyone know how to add skill levels to the profession skills? It only shows the normal statistic as a modifier and won't allow me to edit any skill level for them

MMOaddicted
January 4th, 2022, 08:16
Remember, to add skill ranks to a profession skill you need at least 5 in the previous one. So in example of a mage, you cannot advance either of the skill tree lines until you have 5 in magical training. When that is done it works on my end :)

TREXMIST
January 4th, 2022, 23:54
Thanks for the help, I didn't realize you could change the values where the dice button was. My other main question; is there any way to make weapons/armor that I can drag and drop like other items? It would be nice if I could just make out all of the items in the game in advance so that I could hand them out as fit. It would also make it a whole lot easier to, say, switch out weapons among a bandit group for some diversity in combat. The mod seems to only have the basic item creator available, yet inside of a character sheet there are great item blocks for weapons and armor.

damned
January 5th, 2022, 00:09
Welcome TREXMIST

I havent used this ruleset but - if the Weapons and Armour have link fields on them then you can create a new PC called Armory and add all your weapons there. Then you can drag them from character to character. Depending on coding this could work.

TREXMIST
January 5th, 2022, 00:15
Welcome TREXMIST

I havent used this ruleset but - if the Weapons and Armour have link fields on them then you can create a new PC called Armory and add all your weapons there. Then you can drag them from character to character. Depending on coding this could work.

Sadly, it appears that this ruleset does not allow me to transfer weapons or armor between characters. That would have been a great workaround, had it worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2022, 15:16
Sadly, it appears that this ruleset does not allow me to transfer weapons or armor between characters. That would have been a great workaround, had it worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

I checked at Lunchtime and it does transfer between characters if the shortcut is shown, the issue is the error that happens at the start affects the display of the shortcut. I have fixed this, so post work I'll send a PR to the GitHub (also fixing all their warnings) and include a zip here.

Cheers,
MBM

TREXMIST
January 5th, 2022, 16:16
I checked at Lunchtime and it does transfer between characters if the shortcut is shown, the issue is the error that happens at the start affects the display of the shortcut. I have fixed this, so post work I'll send a PR to the GitHub (also fixing all their warnings) and include a zip here.

Cheers,
MBM

Awesome! Thank you so much for your work, I look forward to seeing it function as intended!

MadBeardMan
January 5th, 2022, 18:39
Hi Folks,

Attached is an updated version of the Ruleset, v0.6.1. I've taken this off the master branch. Follow the instructions on the 1st post to use this attachment.

*Fixed - The 3 errors due to the missing blank.png
*Updated - The Character Sheet. I've modified the flow (players shouldn't notice) and moved some of the anchors etc. This has removed all of the warnings about height issues.
*Theme - I've compressed some of the theme images, reduced from 6mb down to 4mb.
*Updated - I've changed the way the decal is loaded to fit in with the updated decal system. Attached is another module 'WitcherTRPG Assets', download this and put into modules and you'll have access to the decal (no need to load the module).

Plus I've made a few smaller changes, one to do with the latest CoreRPG updates.

I will fork the repo on GitHub and send across an PR (done).

Let me know if there are any big issues with the changes I've made, I'd be happy to resolve them and help with this ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

TREXMIST
January 6th, 2022, 03:04
Hi Folks,

Attached is an updated version of the Ruleset, v0.6.1. I've taken this off the master branch. Follow the instructions on the 1st post to use this attachment.

*Fixed - The 3 errors due to the missing blank.png
*Updated - The Character Sheet. I've modified the flow (players shouldn't notice) and moved some of the anchors etc. This has removed all of the warnings about height issues.
*Theme - I've compressed some of the theme images, reduced from 6mb down to 4mb.

Plus I've made a few smaller changes, one to do with the latest CoreRPG updates.

I will create a branch on GitHub and send across an PR.

Let me know if there are any big issues with the changes I've made, I'd be happy to resolve them and help with this ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

Where exactly is the shortcut supposed to be? Because I still can't seem to find anything that allows me to drag weapons or armor onto other characters. I don't seem to get any errors anymore with your new version though.

I also had a FGU update today, if that might mess with things.

Also for some reason the bestiary and spells addons don't want to show up in the load options now. Just the Calendar. I've no idea why

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2022, 10:43
Where exactly is the shortcut supposed to be? Because I still can't seem to find anything that allows me to drag weapons or armor onto other characters. I don't seem to get any errors anymore with your new version though.

I also had a FGU update today, if that might mess with things.

Also for some reason the bestiary and spells addons don't want to show up in the load options now. Just the Calendar. I've no idea why

Morning,

First thing.

1. The Drag button, is the same button that you click to see the item. In the inventory, it's a 'DOT' to the right of the 'Wear/Hold/Don't hold' icons.

Here's a picture showing the button, drag this around to the other characters inv and it will transfer it, and tells you in the chat window.

2. No errors. Good, it was a simple fix. All the other changes, mostly addressed warnings (that you can see on the current release using the /console command).
3. Beastiry and Spells Modules. I'll check this, but can't see why they won't load. Fixed this, please download the file from my earlier post, note the filename difference, and delete the older version I attached, OR, rename 'Witcher.pak' (within the modules folder - to WitcherTRPG.pak' and reload FGU.
4. I've sent the PR.

Thanks,
MBM

TREXMIST
January 6th, 2022, 12:52
Morning,

First thing.

1. The Drag button, is the same button that you click to see the item. In the inventory, it's a 'DOT' to the right of the 'Wear/Hold/Don't hold' icons.

Here's a picture showing the button, drag this around to the other characters inv and it will transfer it, and tells you in the chat window.

2. No errors. Good, it was a simple fix. All the other changes, mostly addressed warnings (that you can see on the current release using the /console command).
3. Beastiry and Spells Modules. I'll check this, but can't see why they won't load. Fixed this, please download the file from my earlier post, note the filename difference, and delete the older version I attached, OR, rename 'Witcher.pak' (within the modules folder - to WitcherTRPG.pak' and reload FGU.
4. I've still not raised the PR for the coders, will get that done tonight.

Thanks,
MBM

I think I see the point of misunderstanding here. In that screenshot, it appears that you're showing the Inventory tab of the character sheets, right? What I've been referring to is specifically weapons and armor that can be added via the Combat tab. Those items, as far as I can tell, do not have a drag button and cannot be dragged between characters. They also don't show up in the inventory, only within the combat tab. I don't know if there is a way to link inventory entries with these combat tab weapons and armor or something like that, but that's the main issue I've been having. The "regular" inventory doesn't have all of the proper fill-ins for the weapons and armor like the combat tab does, so I can't really make weapons ready to be dragged and dropped. Maybe that's just a design of the program itself or something.

Either way, sorry to bother so much over this. I do appreciate all the help!

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2022, 13:08
Hi Trexmist,

Right I see. Ok, is there another ruleset that does this? As normally an item (weapon) dragged into the Inventory would create the various weapon/armour parts/actions.

That is quite easy to automate, however would require an items module to fully benefit from it, that wouldn't require permission for basic weapons such as Hand Axe, Iron Long Sword, Chain Coif as these are common words, but any names you wouldn't be able to have so no Temerian Armet or Vicovarian Blade etc.

Cheers,
MBM

TREXMIST
January 6th, 2022, 13:18
Hi Trexmist,

Right I see. Ok, is there another ruleset that does this? As normally an item (weapon) dragged into the Inventory would create the various weapon/armour parts/actions.

That is quite easy to automate, however would require an items module to fully benefit from it, that wouldn't require permission for basic weapons such as Hand Axe, Iron Long Sword, Chain Coif as these are common words, but any names you wouldn't be able to have so no Temerian Armet or Vicovarian Blade etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Honestly, I've got no idea if any other rulesets are like this. I'm very new to FGU, this would actually be the first game I will have ran with it. I was just hoping there was something I was missing, because I'd love to be able to pre-make all of the weapons/armor so they can be used later. The alternative could be creating entirely different, say, bandit NPC's with different weapons, but that still wouldn't help with players. Anytime a player wanted to pick up a new weapon off of an enemy, one of us would have to enter it into that combat tab and manually search for and enter all the information. Compared to just dragging it from the bandit to the character.

I don't really know a whole lot about FGU modding, I mostly just know how to install these things and that's about it

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2022, 13:31
Hi Trexmist,

Ah ok, makes sense now. Equipment in the Inventory is what normally creates all the actions/effects within FGU. Equipment is key to this, it needs all the various fields (damage, range, reliability etc). That can be built into the ruleset so you could enter it by hand, you then drag these bits of equipment to the NPC's/Characters and actions are added automatically.

Maybe I can build those parts and share that with the ruleset author. I'll have a think.

Cheers,
MBM

sylv0308
January 6th, 2022, 13:59
Hi everybody,

First I wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, I don't know why but I'm not receiving notification anymore from this forum so I didn't see most of your posts.
For those who didn't see, there's a new version fixing problems caused by the coreRPG updates and a new lighter theme. Also support for basic effects and conditions :

Big thanks to MadBeardMan who contributed to the ruleset, I'll merge his modifications asap and release an update as soon as I can (maybe this week end but no promise as real life is pretty chaotic right now)

Thank you all for your support :)
Althea

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2022, 14:39
Hi everybody,

First I wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, I don't know why but I'm not receiving notification anymore from this forum so I didn't see most of your posts.
For those who didn't see, there's a new version fixing problems caused by the coreRPG updates and a new lighter theme. Also support for basic effects and conditions :

Big thanks to MadBeardMan who contributed to the ruleset, I'll merge his modifications asap and release an update as soon as I can (maybe this week end but no promise as real life is pretty chaotic right now)

Thank you all for your support :)
Althea

You only get 1 notification, if you don't click on it or check the forums, you won't see any others until you do.

Do you have a roadmap, as I'm going to (finally) be running a game of this and so don't mind adding to it as a thanks for your work.

Btw do DM me so I can get the Decals Module to you.

Cheers,
MBM

TREXMIST
January 7th, 2022, 17:09
Hi Trexmist,

Ah ok, makes sense now. Equipment in the Inventory is what normally creates all the actions/effects within FGU. Equipment is key to this, it needs all the various fields (damage, range, reliability etc). That can be built into the ruleset so you could enter it by hand, you then drag these bits of equipment to the NPC's/Characters and actions are added automatically.

Maybe I can build those parts and share that with the ruleset author. I'll have a think.

Cheers,
MBM

I'd love to see this function implemented! It would certainly take away at least one potential source of unnecessary work. I'd help if I could, but I've got no idea how to do any of this community content sort of thing

MadBeardMan
January 7th, 2022, 17:12
I'd love to see this function implemented! It would certainly take away at least one potential source of unnecessary work. I'd help if I could, but I've got no idea how to do any of this community content sort of thing

Hello again,

I've spoken with sylv0308 about this and other bits. As I need this for my game I'm going to do the coding on it over the weekend. I'll then share the code with Althea.

I've got some work to finish on the next Traveller update so not sure how much I'll get done but I will try.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
January 9th, 2022, 01:14
Hi All,

I've entered 60% of all the equipment (Weapons, Armor complete) - but what I want do to is to automate the creation of the weapon attacks and armour effects, but run out of time tonight.

If anyone has a campaign with a good group of characters and doesn't mind sharing could they please contact me, as that'll save me rolling up half a dozen characters, plus I find it tests what I've done better on other campaigns.

Cheers,
MBM

tommenquar
January 12th, 2022, 05:32
Howdy MBM,

I and my players will be more than happy to share with you our campaign file for this endeavor! Although my connection isnt the greatest, i can work on getting it to you ASAP

MadBeardMan
January 12th, 2022, 10:20
Howdy MBM,

I and my players will be more than happy to share with you our campaign file for this endeavor! Although my connection isnt the greatest, i can work on getting it to you ASAP

Hi tommenquar,

No need now, thanks for offering though, but still useful if you can do it. I've done all the coding that allows a weapon/armour to be dragged into Inventory and then the same item appears in the Combat Tab with the various effects etc. Equipping/Deleting the item from the Inventory tab also removes/updates the Combat Tab.

I've been adding all the gear, and diagrams, potions, oils etc. When that's complete I'll be sending it over for approval. Oh and fixing a bug I found.

It's not far off being right for my group, but I'm keen to help a bit more here and there. Suggestions as to what should be worked on next is always useful.

Cheers,
MBM

tommenquar
January 12th, 2022, 14:08
The ability to drag and drop spells (even if they arent automated) would be fantastic!

MadBeardMan
January 12th, 2022, 14:50
The ability to drag and drop spells (even if they arent automated) would be fantastic!

I shall have a look for you after work.

Also please note, I need to finish the next Traveller update so I won't do anything for spells until then. I've got a few evenings of work with Traveller but hope to finish at the weekend (it's a lovely big update).

Cheers,
MBM

tommenquar
January 12th, 2022, 17:10
As traveler is my main slice I completely understand. Also excited to have you on board these projects! Keep up the excellent work!

TREXMIST
January 16th, 2022, 02:46
Any updates on this project? I've been very much so looking forward to seeing your work! No rush, just curious where things are/what's been done. Thanks for the work!

sylv0308
January 16th, 2022, 09:14

Hi Tommenquar,
You should already be able to drag/drop the spells from the module to the spell tab of the character sheet (the according spell class must have been created prior to drop the spell or you'll have the following message in the chat box : "The spell is not compatible with the target magical class.") I just tested it and it works fine on FGC.

sylv0308
January 16th, 2022, 09:28
Any updates on this project? I've been very much so looking forward to seeing your work! No rush, just curious where things are/what's been done. Thanks for the work!

Hi Trexmist,

Next update will be mainly including all the fixes and work that MadBeardMan made for the gear and equipement.
On my side I'll try to finish effects and conditions support and also specific combat skills from profession tree (parry arrow, etc ...). I'd also like to implement spell casting automation as I've done for combat.
But i have very little free time at the moment and I'd like to use it to play a little campaign with my friends (fun fact : I started this ruleset to be able to play with my friends but only had time to DM one adventure for now :) )

MadBeardMan
January 16th, 2022, 12:34
Hi All,

As Sylv0308 states. I've been adding gear and equipment recently. I hope to finish that in the week and hand it over. When that's done I'll speak with sylv0308 about what other things I can do, so that he can focus on playing. I was in this exact same situation when building Traveller, I could either build it, or play it (but not both).

Cheers,
MBM

sylv0308
January 23rd, 2022, 09:27
Hi all,

A new version including MadBeardMan fixes can be downloaded here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Also I made a quick google form to collect some information to help plan the future development, if you could take a few minutes to answer, it would be greatly appreciated : https://forms.gle/QRCxVq3aJuQ1TjG39

Thanks
Althea

tommenquar
January 23rd, 2022, 18:50
I am using FGU…have not had an oppertunity to try it since the post.

TREXMIST
January 24th, 2022, 18:59
I've been having a bit of difficulty with the ruleset, though I don't know if it's user error or not:

First, I can't seem to find the new Assets module within FGU anywhere. The Bestiary, Spells, and Calendar show up just fine but for whatever reason I cannot get the Assets to show up in menu to allow me to activate it. It's been placed in the same modules file as the others, so I have no idea why it won't show as available to load.

Second, what is the correct procedure for utilizing the custom modifiers that have been created? I often times get errors when clicking on them, so I don't know if there is a bug involved or if there is a specific time I should press these modifier buttons in order for them to work correctly.

All in all, the whole thing has been great and I thank you all for your hard work!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 26th, 2022, 14:06
Greetings, I decided to make some changes and started with something simple:
1 - Move the ps_order to the ps folder.
2 - Add the extra fields for vehicles, as well as the strings for them.
3 - Addition of a data_library to start putting the information related to the book.
5 - Addition of "coins".
6 - Addition of languages.
4 - Fix when opening the effects part.

I intend to "learn" to be able to do:
1 - Add buttons on the side tab for spells, alchemy.
2 - Create the categories of items, spells and alchemists.
3 - Create the fields for these items.
4 - Add fonts for languages.

Of course, these pretensions take time, especially for those who don't know how to program.

And I also apologize for the boldness of messing around and for not knowing how to use GitHub and send the ruleset here on the forum.

MadBeardMan
February 3rd, 2022, 16:46
Greetings, I decided to make some changes and started with something simple:
1 - Move the ps_order to the ps folder.
2 - Add the extra fields for vehicles, as well as the strings for them.
3 - Addition of a data_library to start putting the information related to the book.
5 - Addition of "coins".
6 - Addition of languages.
4 - Fix when opening the effects part.

I intend to "learn" to be able to do:
1 - Add buttons on the side tab for spells, alchemy.
2 - Create the categories of items, spells and alchemists.
3 - Create the fields for these items.
4 - Add fonts for languages.

Of course, these pretensions take time, especially for those who don't know how to program.

And I also apologize for the boldness of messing around and for not knowing how to use GitHub and send the ruleset here on the forum.

Hey yako2020,

Thanks for doing this, anyone doing extra bits will help make this ruleset better for it.

Couple of pointers, mostly around your 'learn to be able to'. I've complete the Equipment/Gear work and sent a PR to the ruleset owner for them to review and merge in/etc. That has a data_library so there may be some issues. Nothing too bad I suspect though, I've also completed the work bringing spells into the Side Tab and allow them to be listed/filtered. That will soon be with the Ruleset owner to merge in.

On the GitHub repo, you'll see versions, in there there's a kanban board of features to be added, have a look in there and post here if you want to work on something. I'm still donating some of my time to this Ruleset as I wish to use it for my own game soon.

Cheers,
MBM

tommenquar
April 22nd, 2022, 04:11
Delete this post please

tommenquar
April 22nd, 2022, 04:27
Just curious MBM, were there any other changes you made to this system in the past few months? we are picking this back up and would certainly like to run with the latest version. Thanks man and keep up the fantastic work on all you do.

Also how would 1 go about applying the updates you pull requested on github?

MadBeardMan
April 24th, 2022, 17:59
Just curious MBM, were there any other changes you made to this system in the past few months? we are picking this back up and would certainly like to run with the latest version. Thanks man and keep up the fantastic work on all you do.

Also how would 1 go about applying the updates you pull requested on github?

Well at the moment the ruleset creator isn't available, so my MR's/PR's are still outstanding. Once they return, then maybe we can move forward again.

I've got more work done on it, but relies on my previous work.

I'll try and speak to them again in the next week, but we must respect their personal lives, as this isn't a commercial ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

tommenquar
April 27th, 2022, 15:37
Well at the moment the ruleset creator isn't available, so my MR's/PR's are still outstanding. Once they return, then maybe we can move forward again.

I've got more work done on it, but relies on my previous work.

I'll try and speak to them again in the next week, but we must respect their personal lives, as this isn't a commercial ruleset.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks for the update.

On that note were you ever able to get a hold of athena? i did some poking around and thought they just fell off the pace of the earth lol honestly i thought it was an abandoned project till you picked it up.

MadBeardMan
April 27th, 2022, 17:44
Thanks for the update.

On that note were you ever able to get a hold of athena? i did some poking around and thought they just fell off the pace of the earth lol honestly i thought it was an abandoned project till you picked it up.

Why hello again!

I did drop them a message, and they're not available. I do have access to the repos so I could look at merging my own work... I'll tell them I plan to do that and then give them a week to say 'Yes or No'.

I didn't pick this up as such. As I was going to run a game I thought I could repay the creators with some help. I am keen though to run this, and I do have more coding done for it.

Cheers,
MBM

Binday
August 9th, 2022, 07:54
Hey I'm wondering if there is an update? I'm keen to see this working properly on FGU. I'd like to help but I have no idea where to even start. Thanks!

MadBeardMan
August 9th, 2022, 15:17
Hey I'm wondering if there is an update? I'm keen to see this working properly on FGU. I'd like to help but I have no idea where to even start. Thanks!

There is an update coming. I'll post more in a couple of days.

Cheers,
MBM

Jahtran
October 12th, 2022, 01:06
Anything new on the update? Would love to come back to Unity with my group.

Nobiledruen
January 8th, 2023, 23:37
Hello, any updates for the Witcher for FGU please? The last update has been released a year ago sadly

JohnD
January 8th, 2023, 23:49
MBM has had a tough year outside of his FG related activities I believe. Not sure as to any progress, but he may reply.

Jahtran
February 13th, 2023, 00:20
Well, looks like my group is staying with classic. Sadly I'm just not skilled enough to get the ruleset running again.

MadBeardMan
February 18th, 2023, 18:13
Hello all,

I've been working on v0.6.3 today.

Fixed all errors going into the PC sheet/combat tab (same with NPCs)
Updated all the code to match the latest CoreRPG changes over the last year.
Fixed error with Fumbles adding the negatives rather than taking them away (and ignoring the 1)
Merged in the equipment changes I made last year
Added custom sidebar graphics based on the rulebook look and feel

I'm going to continue fixing things as I find them (there's an error when adding/removing from the CT), it's all on github under branch v0.6.3. Go have a look.

Also, I've applied to have an FG Forge page for The Witcher Community ruleset, if that gets approved I'll add the various mods/paks to the Forge so you get updates without having to download and install.

Cheers,
MBM

damned
February 19th, 2023, 03:30
Welcome back hirsute one!

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2023, 15:03
Hi All,

Ok so on top of everything yesterday, today:

Fixed errors with the Parry, Block, Dodge and Reposition rolls, they all now show 0 when a fumble dice is rolled (for that dice)
Addressed layout issues with the NPC sheet on the Combat Tab
Dodge now uses Dexterity and not reflex as the base value + roll
Updating the CT to use the latest CoreRPG changes

Once I'm happy with the CT no longer throwing errors then I'll call this version finished. I'll update the GitHub releases and package up the Equipment.

All done.

https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases/tag/v0.6.3

Cheers,
MBM

Cyrian
February 21st, 2023, 02:30
Bless you, MadBeardMan.

Jahtran
February 21st, 2023, 20:19
You are a hero, man. Seems like it works fine.
However the inventory doesnt't track the weight of the items, at least for me.

A reply would be nice, if the error is on my site or just not fixes yet.

damned
February 21st, 2023, 22:39
@MadBeardMan

function onInit()

CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc()

end

iolarion
March 16th, 2023, 12:47
Hello I have an issue installing the ruleset, if I copy the ruleset and modules in my Fantasy grounds folder, it overwrites my existing folders and all the modules and rulesets I had are lost.

If I change the name to the ruleset folder to The witcher, then it works, but I am not able to activate the modules in the Library, they are not available for the ruleset.

Regards.

damned
March 16th, 2023, 13:40
Extract the folder called rulesets into your \rulesets folder so it looks like \rulesets\rulesets
then rename that second folder as WitcherTRPG so it looks like \rulesets\WitcherTRPG

Jahtran
April 30th, 2023, 00:45
Hello again. Sadly I can report some issues with the ruleset. At least in my group the players get a error message every time they open an NPC. Also some of the modifiers you can check like aiming for a specific zone dont work.
I would like, if these problems are a fault on our site. If not, I hope you're still working on the ruleset.

Greetings Jahtran

jrock1
June 27th, 2023, 23:28
Hi All,

Ok so on top of everything yesterday, today:

Fixed errors with the Parry, Block, Dodge and Reposition rolls, they all now show 0 when a fumble dice is rolled (for that dice)
Addressed layout issues with the NPC sheet on the Combat Tab
Dodge now uses Dexterity and not reflex as the base value + roll
Updating the CT to use the latest CoreRPG changes

Once I'm happy with the CT no longer throwing errors then I'll call this version finished. I'll update the GitHub releases and package up the Equipment.

All done.

https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases/tag/v0.6.3

Cheers,
MBM

Will there be an update for the latest major version of FG?

Thank you,
jrock1

damned
June 28th, 2023, 14:45
This build may or may not fix your immediate issues.

jrock1
June 28th, 2023, 22:45

TBH I am not sure what to do with the following files. Do I drop them here? C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds

Thank you,
jrock1

Oh, I don't think I'm supposed to unpack it since it's a Ruleset. Please disregard.

jrock1
June 28th, 2023, 23:13
Most of the Modifiers are throwing error messages.
e.g. clicking Lethal: Script execution error: "C:modifiers:DMG_LETHAL" 3: attempt to call field 'onValueChanged' (a nil value)
Same for RepositionAction and onDodgeAction on the Spells character sheet tab

Also looks like the Party Sheet may not be accepting characters / displaying characters.

damned
June 29th, 2023, 02:00
Ive never used the ruleset nor have any intention of doing so.
You will have to provide precise instructions of how to generate errors and what the expected result should be.

damned
June 29th, 2023, 06:06
Looking at your screenshot - Im not sure that you are using the build I uploaded.
What version does it say in chat?

jrock1
June 29th, 2023, 20:54
Looking at your screenshot - Im not sure that you are using the build I uploaded.
What version does it say in chat?

I used the .pak file you provided v0.6.4 (2023-06-28); please see image below:

Is there a newer version?

jrock1

iolarion
June 29th, 2023, 20:58
I am using the update uploaded by dammned and works perfectly, the only issue is there is no section for scrolls, the only way to use them is from the library.

damned
June 29th, 2023, 23:40
where would scrolls live?

jrock1
June 30th, 2023, 00:40
I am using the update uploaded by dammned and works perfectly, the only issue is there is no section for scrolls, the only way to use them is from the library.

How about a section of spells?

damned
June 30th, 2023, 01:12
You cant just handwave this stuff into existence. I dont know the game and I dont play it and am not likely ever to play it. I am not going to read and learn the whole system to code it. I need specifics, like really specific specifics.

jrock1
June 30th, 2023, 01:54
You cant just handwave this stuff into existence. I dont know the game and I dont play it and am not likely ever to play it. I am not going to read and learn the whole system to code it. I need specifics, like really specific specifics.

Sounds good! I only have The Witcher "Easy Mode" atm so I'm picking up the CRB this weekend and will help validate the ruleset.

iolarion
June 30th, 2023, 08:27
where would scrolls live?

Sorry I should have say spells, not scrolls

Baldugar
September 1st, 2023, 15:51

Hello! I have transferred my campaign from Roll20 to FGU, so thanks to your work I can play weekly with the ruleset. In my experience I have seen some bugs and suggestions :)

I have some bugs that i would like to report.

# Items and Weapons
1 - When you create and block an item, when you unlock it, you cant edit it
2 - The weight of the items carried in the inventory are not taken into account in the 'Total Weight carried' section.
3 - 'Armor', 'Weapon', 'Craft Components', 'Craft Diagrams' and 'Substances' inside de items section. show an error message "[9/1/2023 4:27:14 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:masterindex_buttons:button_custom1"]:8: attempt to call field 'init' (a nil value)"

# Characters and NPCs
1 - When you create a new character and assign a profession before you open the 'skills' tab. The Skills will be duplicated. (Solution: When i create a new character, i open the 'skills' tab before assign a profession)
2 - As an NPC, you cant set an Encumbrance Value higher than 100 (Like golems for example)

# Others
1 - The background use the mosaic mode in resolutions over 1980x1080p (I use 2560x1440p)

# Suggestions
1 - Add custom skills (Such as Fine Arts/Performance specializacion)
2 - Just like you can add magic spells inside the character, you can add priest invocations, witcher signs, rituals and hexes
3 - Section inside de Inventory or New Tab for components and diagrams
4 - New tab with personal data, like life events and lifepath

Omalus
February 7th, 2024, 15:30
Greetings! I just found the Witcher TRPG and was wondering if there is still life in this?

For installation, do I just put ALL the content from the 'Ruleset' into the Rule set directory of Fantasy Grounds (there is a 'git' file and a gitgnore file I have no idea what they are or where to put them)?

Any help with installation would be great!

Thank you!