PDA

View Full Version : making modules for fantasygrounds

hagrid70
June 29th, 2019, 22:19
so ive exported a mod file, but i need to update the images, and the creation campaign is gone. ive tried renaming it to zip, extracting it, replacing the images, zipping and renaming it again, and apparently this breaks it. can someone pls advise me at to what im doing wrong?
cheers
G

ps|: or how i can get the code out of the xml, and back into fg, with new images....

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2019, 22:33
Did you delete the creation campaign? Why is it gone?

Changing the images outside FG will indeed break any links in the module since FG will see them as different. You would need to change then in the creation campaign keeping exactly the same names as originally used.

LordEntrails
June 29th, 2019, 23:52
You could open the module file, replace the image files using the exact same file names and re-zip. Probably.

When you zip, make sure you zip the contents and not the containing folder.

You could edit the xml, it's pretty straight forward. I suspect you re-zipped it wrong.

madman
June 30th, 2019, 06:56
If the images have grids and tokens placed on them or pins for that matter then you want to make sure the image size is the same as the old ones. or all the x,y info will be wrong.(pins, encounter placement of tokens and such will all get borked).

Blahness98
July 4th, 2019, 13:12
Can you not just create a new campaign in FG, close FG and then move all contents of the module (images, tokens, whatnot) into the proper folders before copying the xml from the .mod and placing it into the campaign's db.xml? Might be one way of recreating the building campaign if you lost it could be a way to allow you to export everything again.

If I wasn't busy this morning I would attempt it and post the results.

Trenloe
July 4th, 2019, 16:05
Can you not just create a new campaign in FG, close FG and then move all contents of the module (images, tokens, whatnot) into the proper folders before copying the xml from the .mod and placing it into the campaign's db.xml?
That's a start. There will be a few things that need renaming and the structure will be slightly different, but that can be edited. Links will probably need some manual editing too. But if you have a skeleton campaign db.xml side-by-side with the data from the module, you should be able to recreate it. I posted about this years ago, but can't find the post with a quick search.