PDA

View Full Version : SWADE Bugs (Ganging Up, Hit Location toughness)

Holgaph
June 29th, 2019, 05:06
I have discovered what appear to be several bugs with the SWADE module.

1. The Gang-Up bonus calculation is including Incapacitated and Dead enemies. Prior to the 6/27/19 update it seemed as if the "removed:Blood Spot" tokens were also adding to Gang Up calculations.

2. Called shots, such as those to the head, are not taking into account location specific toughness value. Head shot bonus damage is not automatically included. ( I'm a new user of FG. So I'm not sure if this is intended behavior, but this type of automation is possible and it seems that it should be implemented. )

3. This may not be specific to the SWADE module. "removed: Blood Spot" tokens are selected by mouse right and left clicks instead of an active token that shares the same space. The blood spot graphic is in the background.

4. The Marksman edge does not match the latest version of SWADE.

Thanks in advance for addressing these issues.

Skellan
June 29th, 2019, 14:46
Hi

Welcome to the forums

1. I can't recreate the issue with gang up and blood splats. Are you removing dead enemies from the tracker by clicking the red button on the tracker?

2. Called shot aren't automated but they are listed in the modifiers. It would be a cool feature

3. Are you using any extensions? I can't select blood splats. Perhaps try it without extensions if you are running any as they may be conflicting with swade.

4. You are right, well spotted. I think PEG has updated marksman from the original swade release. I'll let Ikael know

Skellan
June 29th, 2019, 14:59
Actually, have you created a grid on your map? You need a grid for gang up etc to work

Holgaph
June 30th, 2019, 03:42
1. a) "Removed: NPC: xyz" (blood splat) adding to Gang Up bonuses disappeared with the update a few days ago. May be coincidence. I had another intermittent bug where the GM/NPCs were not receiving bennies when dealt a Joker. This was fixed by cycling the setting from On to Off to On again.

b) Incapacitated and Dead enemies (and PCs) still contribute to Gang Up calculations with all extensions removed.

c) Removing by use of the red "-" icon in the Combat tracker.

d) Since my initial post I have downloaded and used v0.3 of the "Ganging Up: Exclude Inactive Combatants". This solves the problem of Incapacitated combatants contributing to Ganging Up. However, now Shaken are excluded, contrary to SWADE rules (page 101). I can probably solve this by learning some of the LUA. But the default SWADE ruleset should get this right without fiddling by the end user.

3. When I first found these issues I had the Grey and Brown (active) Themes installed. I have removed all extensions and all observed issues remain. "Removed: NPC: xyz" (blood splat) continue to be the preferential target for mouse clicks and dice drops when sharing the same square as a PC or NPC token from the Combat Tracker. Grid is enabled.

Thanks for your efforts!

Skellan
June 30th, 2019, 07:46
Interestingly, looking at the rules for incapacitation and gang up - incapacitated characters still contribute to to gang up bonuses. I guess they are still treated as a potential threat

Holgaph
June 30th, 2019, 17:29
I noticed that as well. I consider that to be an oversight or assumption that the GM will use common sense rulings. In 99% of typical fantasy or sci fi genre combats I wouldn't have dead or incapacitated combatants contribute to Gang Up calculations. Fortunately I was able to modify Ikael's extension for Gang Up bonuses to give the desired results.
Thanks!

zarlor
July 4th, 2019, 17:42
Pretty sure it's not an oversight (for the rules, anyway, maybe an oversight for Fantasy Grounds, though) in that Gang Up only applies when there is an adjacent "attacker" anything incapacitated by definition isn't an "attacker". A similar question to this was asked on the Pinnacle forums regarding this in SWD. See https://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26096&p=267400 for Clint's answer and clarification. Effectively I think Pinnacle's view is why waste space trying to explain that someone incapacitated cannot also be an attacker,