PDA

View Full Version : Merge modules

Swylderyn
June 28th, 2019, 13:36
Hi Steven from Belgium here,

I exported a module but then I saw somethings where missing. So I thought loading an my campaign, loading the module and then exporting to a module with a different name was the way to go. But only the new data was stored in the new module. So my questions are. What did I do wrong. Can I fix this by merging to modules to a new one?

Mirloc
June 28th, 2019, 14:09
Hey Steven. So what happens when you export is only the information that you specifically put into the module is eligible to export.

So to pull information from one module into another, you have to drag/drop the information (image, icon, story entry, etc) from the original source to your new module. Then the items will appear when you load the new module.

If you look through this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices you will find an excellent document Lord Entrails posted that goes into much more detail.

Trenloe
June 28th, 2019, 14:24
As Mirloc says - you can only export data that is within a campaign database, not data that within a module database.

Go back to the campaign you used to initially create the module, and add/change the data you need, then export into a new module.

Swylderyn
June 28th, 2019, 15:15
This makes sense. Thank you.