PDA

View Full Version : GM Tutorial? Need Help!

water_prophet
September 27th, 2006, 22:59
Hi!

I'm monkeying around with FG, and I can't figure out how to set up certain things as a GM or even if they are possible.

1. Is there a tutorial on exactly how to set up stories?

2. In particular, how do I establish a link between a point on a map and an entry in my story?

Any help, either specific or general, would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

~magnus

richvalle
September 28th, 2006, 00:55
Hi!

I'm monkeying around with FG, and I can't figure out how to set up certain things as a GM or even if they are possible.

1. Is there a tutorial on exactly how to set up stories?

2. In particular, how do I establish a link between a point on a map and an entry in my story?

Any help, either specific or general, would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

~magnus

Howdy and welcome!

Gurney here on the boards had made some very nice tutorials. Gurney, do you guys host those over on FUM?

To answer your question: First you have to turn that fuction on. Right click on the map, go to layers, then click on... shortcuts? I think thats it.

Now you can drag and drop stories and personalities onto the map. They become pins with a mouse roll over name of the story page name or the npc.

Note: you have to turn this back on every time. The pins will still be there from the last time you used it.

rv

Ram Tyr
September 28th, 2006, 13:50
FUM Tutorials (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/tutorials_home.htm)

As of today, there is a tutorial that:
#1. Discusses how to set up and use Pin Shortcuts
#2. Discusses how to create and use FG 'modules'
#3. Discusses how to work with NPCs in FG
#4. Discusses how to use and modify the Autohotkey freebie created by lunatis and gurney9999
#4a. Video showing how to install and use most of the features of the FG_Hotkeys.exe file

Good gaming.

Later.
Ramza

water_prophet
September 28th, 2006, 19:15
Thank you very much!