PDA

View Full Version : IFT doesn't apply DMGTYPE

TrentLane
June 18th, 2019, 00:49
I'm about to start the Tyrant's Grasp AP, and due to circumstances all PCs get several advantages against undead. One of those is that all their weapons count as magic plus other things against undead.
But I've run into a problem; "IFT: TYPE(undead); DMGTYPE: magic" doesn't apply magic as dmgtype.
Maybe (probably) I'm just getting smth fundamentally wrong here; but I've been staring at the effects wiki for a while now and can't figure it out :confused:

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2019, 01:16
You are correct. It isn’t possible to use DMGTYPE in an IF or IFT statement since it is not a targeted effect.

TrentLane
June 18th, 2019, 01:23
Thank you for the answer, and I learned a thing.
Probably easiest to just remove all DR magic from undead creatures then.

Kelrugem
June 18th, 2019, 02:50
I just tried it in the coding and was able to do it: I have added the possibility to add a target for DMGTYPE in the code :) So, IFT then also works for DMGTYPE (and it also still works without targets of course) :) I have added this to my advanced effects extension and will upload that when my 3.3.8 version is done (still adding new features; didn't start yet to make it compatible with 3.3.8)

As far as I remember you use my advanced effects extension, isn't it? If not, then tell me, then I make a separate extension such that you do not have to use my bigger extension :)

TrentLane
June 18th, 2019, 10:41
I just tried it in the coding and was able to do it: I have added the possibility to add a target for DMGTYPE in the code :) So, IFT then also works for DMGTYPE (and it also still works without targets of course) :) I have added this to my advanced effects extension and will upload that when my 3.3.8 version is done (still adding new features; didn't start yet to make it compatible with 3.3.8)

As far as I remember you use my advanced effects extension, isn't it? If not, then tell me, then I make a separate extension such that you do not have to use my bigger extension :)

Yeah, I'm using it already, and to great effect.
Thank you for looking into this, amazing!