PDA

View Full Version : Dark Sun 2e

goodmanje
June 17th, 2019, 22:30
Someone with a lot more free time than me should convert Dark Sun for FG. I'll buy it!! Lol

hawkwind
June 18th, 2019, 16:11
i think someone has to the psionic book which would be a major undertaking

goodmanje
June 18th, 2019, 16:30
Yea, I was noticing that. Would have to code support for the psionics system. Bummer....

celestian
June 18th, 2019, 17:17
Yea, I was noticing that. Would have to code support for the psionics system. Bummer....

I've already coded Psionics into the system using the Darksun 2e revised boxed set as the ruleset for it.

goodmanje
June 18th, 2019, 17:39
That’s awesome! I guess it just needs all the books from that boxed set converted. I wish I had the time to commit to it. That would be a rewarding effort and I bet it would sell pretty well.

mozmonar
June 20th, 2019, 17:39
That’s awesome! I guess it just needs all the books from that boxed set converted. I wish I had the time to commit to it. That would be a rewarding effort and I bet it would sell pretty well.

I was sort of unofficially converting the Dark Sun Revised set...I have all the psionics from revised book, complete psionics book, will and the way, and dragon Kings entered in. I've run into trouble converting some races and classes. I lack the know-how to make the changes I need so I have shelved it for now.

Orophor
September 17th, 2020, 23:13
I've already coded Psionics into the system using the Darksun 2e revised boxed set as the ruleset for it.

I so want to run a 2nd ed Dark Sun game right now. I could really go for some fighting for freedom and justice from tyrants in the last few cities in the wastelands.

Jokael
October 1st, 2020, 08:04
Every Tuesday night my group has been playing 5e, 2 weeks ago they decided to give AD&D 2e a try as I wanted to run Dark Sun and 5e just doesn't do it justice. All my players are familiar with 5e only and using online software for character management. Is the AD&D 2e ruleset updated for psionics and other Dark Sun system specific items, such as piecemeal armor and weapon material penalties? I'm thinking of running Dark Sun through FG now, so they can at least have an easier time with the mechanics.

What legwork would I have to do to run Dark Sun with FG software?

celestian
October 1st, 2020, 15:16
Every Tuesday night my group has been playing 5e, 2 weeks ago they decided to give AD&D 2e a try as I wanted to run Dark Sun and 5e just doesn't do it justice. All my players are familiar with 5e only and using online software for character management. Is the AD&D 2e ruleset updated for psionics and other Dark Sun system specific items, such as piecemeal armor and weapon material penalties? I'm thinking of running Dark Sun through FG now, so they can at least have an easier time with the mechanics.

What legwork would I have to do to run Dark Sun with FG software?

Until the Darksun setting is converted there isn't official psionics support. The powers/skills/etc won't exist until then.

I am not familiar with the "individual armor pieces" (nor Darksun in-general all that much) but if it's just additional AC it shouldn't be hard to create them.

Jokael
October 10th, 2020, 08:38
Until the Darksun setting is converted there isn't official psionics support. The powers/skills/etc won't exist until then.

I am not familiar with the "individual armor pieces" (nor Darksun in-general all that much) but if it's just additional AC it shouldn't be hard to create them.

Ok, thanks for the insight, appreciate your time