PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 4-5 Players Tuesday Night 6:30 PM CDT USA D&D 5e CoS

Eyrwin
June 17th, 2019, 19:02
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: GMT +2 (CDT)
Day of week and time: Tuesday - 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM CDT (Central Time Zone) Sometimes we go a little over.
Planned start date: In session
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly and at least levels 1-10.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 sometimes 40/60. Sometimes heavy combat but I expect some heavy RP too. Its cool if you arent totally down or need time to get comfortable but Strahd is RP heavy at times.
Number of Players: looking for 4 to 5 players. I would prefer 4 if the players are consistently showing up.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, standard class equipment.
Character restrictions: Players Handbook (maybe Sword Coast) and no evil players. Prefer good alignments.

Details of the scenario: We started at the Death House and survived. I have been playing D&D since the 80's and have DM'd on and off through the years. I am relatively new to DMing in Fantasy grounds. and am happy to take on new ish players so feel free to apply. This will be my second run through of CoS. Be prepared for occasional f ups etc. If you are chill and a team player come on in. If you get annoyed with someone taking a minute to find what to click meh, probably dont want to be here. Like drinking beer? come on in. Seriously don't lie, I don't like wasting time and you will get kicked or just be bored and leave so be honest with yourself.

I'm fine with people wanting to have a strong combat-oriented character but I'd prefer if you don't min-max the hell out of your character. If you are new to fantasy ground, I'm more than willing to show you the ropes. If you want a technical character fine, just know how the hell to code everything so I dont have to fix your oath while we are in the middle of combat.

If you are interested, reply to this thread with:
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience.
2. Your preferred class(es) , roles etc.
3. Why you think this would be a good fit.
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign.

Silentagenda
June 17th, 2019, 21:07
Interested

1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. almost a year with FG, and came back to D&D about a year ago and still learning 5e
2. Your preferred class(es).-usually ranged, but enjoy a lot of different ones
3. Your age.-45
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign.-I enjoy the fun and camaraderie, and being someone else for a while, having a good time and ending the evil.

And starting 6/18 would be excellent

MyGivinOpinion
June 17th, 2019, 21:15
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. - Long time dnd player semi-new to 5e but an avid fan. Extensive fg knowledge
2. Your preferred class(es). - rogue or some type of caster
3. Your age. - 32
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. Everything especially in 5e.

Valerian Stormbreaker
June 17th, 2019, 22:15
I live in Oklahoma. So, the 6:30 pm CDT fits my schedule perfectly!!!

1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience.

I'm an old school 1st and 2nd edition player. I have been playing 5th edition for about 6 months now, and I'm loving the streamlined rules. As for Fantasy Grounds, I've been playing D&D 5e for almost 3 months using the software and I have learned most of the functionality required to play my character smoothly.

2. Your preferred class(es).

I have been exploring the Tempest Cleric and I have to say I'm really enjoying playing this class. Back in the day, I would play as a fighter or as a mage. So, I'm also familiar with those classes too. Since we would be playing CoS, I might choose a light domain cleric to gain the advantage of having spells that inflict fire and radiant damage.

3. Your age.

I'm 40 years old.

4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign.

Although I enjoy combat as much as anyone else, I love to get into character and role play my actions. I like solving puzzles and mysteries, and being part of a team that go on exciting adventures. As for myself, I'm extremely laid back and easy going. I love to play D&D and rarely miss a session.

mrd44833
June 18th, 2019, 01:21
I live in Ohio so the time difference is perfect.

1) I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds but have been playing D&D and other RPGs for over 27 years.

2) I will play just about anything and it is frequently a dwarf.

3) I am 43.

4) I enjoy building a character from the ground up, giving them a personality and role playing it. I'm also a big fan of tactics and figuring things out.

pattybenpatty
June 18th, 2019, 01:39
Florida resident here, so time should be good.

1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. No Fantasy Grounds experience, but from the videos I've watched it seems straightforward. I played DnD a bit back in the late 80's and the mid 90's, recently I have about a year as a player with 5E, and about 2 years experience as a DM for 3 5E home brew campaigns.
2. Your preferred class(es). Warlock, Monk, Bard, Rogue.
3. Your age. 41
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. I really dig morally ambiguous choices. I prefer when the impact of player choice isn't too easy to predict... combat is fine, but generally prefer it to have meaning.

Edit after seeing Jafo's reply: In the past 4 years I've only missed two games, and they were due to having a baby.

Jafo
June 18th, 2019, 02:05
1. A little over two years with Fantasy Grounds. D&D since the 80's.
2. Anything is fine. I usually pick-up whatever the party needs.
3. 45 yo.
4. I like living vicariously through imaginary characters.
Bonus answer. I can show up on-time reliably with very rare exceptions.

EarlGraye
June 18th, 2019, 05:32
Texan from the Ft. Worth area. Currently in a campaign with Valerian and enjoy his company despite the fact that he's an Okie.

1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. Fantasy Grounds Exp = 2 years. D&D Exp = 35+years. Like Valerian I'm old school and started playing in the early 1980s. I have played 5e for over 3 years.
2. Your preferred class(es). Paladin or Bard
3. Your age. 56
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. I would have to say I most enjoy the friendships that develop over the course of a campaign. I have not played CoS and prefer campaigns where I don't know what to expect. My characters typically come with a funny flaw that I think would be enjoyable to roleplay. I tend to pick spells and abilities based upon background and things which occur during the course of a campaign, (ie. athletics for a character with a negative strength modifier because that character nearly drowned once).

Aster
June 19th, 2019, 01:00
1.Fantasy grounds = 3 years as a Player and 2 years as a DM DnD = decades with a few years break in between. I looked at 4e for a bit but skipped the whole experience. I love 5e
2. Your preferred class(es). = If I had to choose a Blood Hunter or a Ranger. But I am not so much into the classes but the combination of a class and a cool backstory. I spend a lot of time building my backstories. I prefer the grey heroes (Wolverine, Batman rather than a Superman)
3. Your age. = Level 46
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. = I enjoy good roleplaying and recurring NPCs not just the main villians or antagonist but the allies or friends of the party. I like having a base of operations and planning out the design and potential side incomes between the sessions. I like building dynamic relationships with the other party members.

MegabaseBill
June 19th, 2019, 02:11
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. I have SOME experience with Fantasy grounds. I am learning with the group I play in on Thursday nights. I have similar experiences as other posts. i have been playing D&D in the 80s and 90s. I just started with a group locally for 5e buit we only meet 1x a month on Sundays. I am in a campaign on wednesdays locally. Friday nights on Roll20, random roll20 one shots when able. I have a lot of recent experience with Vampire the Masquerade LARP. SO I like RP.
2. Your preferred class(es). I have thought of a Loxodon Monk way of the Sun soul, a Half elf ranger monster hunter, or I can just play whatever the party needs.
3. Your age. 48
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. I love to create a character and to play that role, when I make a character I develop it and its background as I give it a backstory and a life. I use that to be the motivations of its actions and how I play the character. I am free Tuesday night and I usually am on time unless of a family emergency. those do not happen often.

OldJarhead
June 19th, 2019, 22:08
Well met!
If you have not filled your campaign I would love to tap in!
In answer to your questions:
1. I have been using FG for about 3 years now. I was away from the hobby for nearly 30 years, found Roll20 which I didn't enjoy, but it lead me to FG and I love it. I have been running a 5e group on Monday nights for over two years now, we finished the Tyranny of Dragons and are now doing Dragonheist!
2. I love my Pally's and Clerics, oh and Fighters too. I do the boring stuff, you know, Human, Male, LG, Kill the evil type of guy. I have been known to throw down a good Rogue, but he's still a nice guy.
3. I am nearing my 55th birthday.
4. My favorite thing to do is create a character and then let that character grow and learn as a person within the game. I don't plan out my levels. What I mean is I don't look ahead until almost there and I add to the character if it makes sense within this campaign. I don't usually multi-class and I never go into a game planning on multi-classing. I only do what makes sense with THAT character in THAT game. I have even been known to abandon a character because he didn't fit where the party was taking the story. I enjoy Role Play a bit more than Roll Play. I enjoy seeing how a group of random characters can grow and tell a fun story.

As for me as a player, I am on time, ready to go. I don't miss sessions. I NEVER tell another person how to play their character nor do I argue with the DM/GM. I am not a rules lawyer or a meta-gamer. I don't like the player that tries to WIN at D&D.

Hope to hear from you, if you have already filled your table I hope you tell a great tale.

Gargamel1221
June 22nd, 2019, 20:09
Interested
1:Experienced with FG as a player and a DM. experienced with 2e and 5e ruleset
2: Cleric, Druid, Paladin
3: 42 yrs old
4: a good balance of RPing/puzzle solving/ combat. I like to be in a group that works together and enjoys RPing through the story as much as the combat.

itsbaebay
June 22nd, 2019, 21:28
If you are interested, reply to this thread with:
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience. New to FG, new to D&D
2. Your preferred class(es). Bard
3. Your age. 19F
4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign. Using bardic inspirations to help people fight

CDT (Lincoln, NE)

TimG1979
June 23rd, 2019, 02:10
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience.: No real experience with FG table-top, been playing for about the past year on Roll20. / Plenty of D&D and RPG experience in my mid-teens to mid-twenties, and have gotten back into it over the past couple of years. I've been involved with 5e for about the past 3 years.

2. Your preferred class(es).: No preference, most recently have played a Druid, a cleric, and a fighter. Probably looking to play an arcane caster or a rogue next... I also have a couple of Monk ideas.

3. Your age.: 40; Aka old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign.: Definitely enjoy story and character development, dramatic successes and failures seem to really stand out from my games as good memories (yes, even the failures) :)

Summary: Experienced role-player, noob to FG, looking to give it a try. Canadian in the EST.

Thanks for your consideration!

Tim

Eyrwin
June 30th, 2019, 22:22
Reopened for one or two players.

Eyrwin
August 22nd, 2019, 23:07
Hi, have a spot in the campaign if you are still interested.

Thanks,

~Jon

prale
August 23rd, 2019, 00:11
1. Semi new to 5e, long time D&D player
2. like playing tank, or ranger type
3. im 52 -
4. I like a good story, building great characters, and basically just having fun

dtxjim
August 23rd, 2019, 00:51
1. Your Fantasy grounds/DnD experience.: I've been playing DND since the mid 70's, I'm a FG newb but learn quickly.

2. Your preferred class(es).: No preference, I'd be glad to fill whatever the party needs.

3. Your age.: 51

4. Maybe a bit about what you as a player enjoy in a DnD campaign: I like a balance between battles and role playing. I really enjoy the chemistry that can be built between players. It doesn't always happen but it's fun when it does.

Eyrwin
August 24th, 2019, 20:22
I will dm you both

dtxjim
August 24th, 2019, 20:31
Sounds good

Eyrwin
August 26th, 2019, 00:06
Closed. Thank you!