PDA

View Full Version : How to "Block" Inventory?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 16th, 2019, 15:06
Is there any way to prevent the player from automatically creating an item entry by clicking on an empty inventory?
Is there any way to prevent insertion of a line (new item) by clicking ENTER on the keyboard as a player?
Is there any way to exclude only the player from the option to create and delete inventory items through the radial menu?
The Ruleset used is that of GURPS, but rather it is based on CoreRPG.
I'm trying to do this because I'm having a lot of problems with this part of inventory and also because I want players to get their items through the stores or through awards (Through the Party Sheet).

Andraax
June 16th, 2019, 16:37
No; just tell your players that you only want them to get inventory through stores or awards.

Talyn
June 16th, 2019, 16:43
Agreed. Just like players IRL can take a pen and write stuff on their paper character sheets. There has to be trust between all the players (the GM being one of those players) and if you don't have that, it's time for an Adult Conversation about things, or find new players.

If it's just players new to FG and clicking to see what things do, we all did that when we were new.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 16th, 2019, 17:14
I agree with both, talk to the players and expect them to be as adults is ideal, but I understand the breakthrough of the click when you are new to the platform and encourage this, but the problem is when you play for more than years using the platform and always repeat the same mistakes, even though I have been spoken and taught several times, but I will try to do this thing as adults :D

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2019, 02:13
I'm sure you could write an extension to remove the functionality. You'll have to decide if figuring out how to write an extension to do this is worth the effort.

Trenloe
June 17th, 2019, 03:03
Some of this you already asked (radial menu control) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49472-How-to-alter-radial-menu